Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
03-04-2017, 08:27 AM
Navigation - Submerged Woods

These times we've seen
How we built these odes to our God

Weight seemed to slide of her shoulders as Pyralis continued her morning walk. The brisk chill weather was good to get the blood flowing though if it was this cool during the summer she couldn't imagine what it was like in the winter. There were advantages to that of course. A harsher terrain meant fewer enemies and the rough living would surely breed stronger pups. Speaking of pups… Pyralis came to a stop and sighed. She supposed she'd be expected to do her part in raising their numbers soon enough but it was so much easier for her brothers. They could go knock up a couple girls and be done with it til the brats were born. She had to incubate the little creatures for months and take care of herself and be careful lest she lose the whole litter in some sort of mishap. Caution and meticulous care for the sake of others were not qualities Pyralis possessed. She had one comfort though. Melchom was childless to as far as she knew… which wasn't terribly far since she'd spent so much time from the rest of the family.

Morning sunlight reflected off the remnants of snow as Pyre's golden gaze spied a nestling of spindly pines in the distance. As she neared she blinked back the reflection of light off of ice. The entire forest was frozen, the trunks of the trees stretching down deeper and deeper into the deep of the lake while only the tops remained above the surface. What an unusual place…

Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - LesbianBeeventVolcano
03-13-2017, 08:37 PM
IF I HAD A HEART I COULD LOVE YOU
Ásvor shivered as a breeze moved past, rustling her coat and rousing her from sleep with great effort. She hadn't slept well the past night, her head filled with dreams of messages surely sent from the gods, though ones she couldn't quite discern. The lack of clarity both confounded and frustrated her, and she found her mood soured before she even left her makeshift den for the day. Unsure what sort of plans she had, or even if she wanted to do much at all, she let her paws lead the way, feeling strangely aimless.

The thick trunks of the redwood trees thinned as the forest grew more sparse, until a clearing of sorts appeared. The trees were gradually replaced by thin pines, sprouting from what seemed to be a vast expanse of ice and snow. Though it was summer now, the air considerably cooler, Ásvor knew in a way that it would always be winter here -- the north never fully thawed, part of the reason she was drawn to these lands. Her attention was briefly captivated by the spectacle, and thanks to the warmer weather, the frozen lake glistened from the slight amount it had melted. The surface was smooth as ice, making it easy to see deeper into its depths. Below the ice she could see the trunks of the trees reaching deep blow the surface, a curious sight indeed.

Briefly enthralled by it, she hardly noticed that she was heading towards another until she was within plain sight. Her gaze was steady as she examined her from afar, nothing quickly that she was considerably larger though didn't appear that much older, she decided. "Hello," the Finnvi called out in her droll, slightly whimsical voice, her expression hard to decipher. She hoped this encounter would prove interesting, if only briefly..

IF I HAD A VOICE I WOULD SING

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
03-13-2017, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2017, 09:15 PM by Pyralis.)

These times we've seen

Pyre's claws clicked against the ice as she moved, sniffing lightly at the trees and admiring the surreal view.  Was this what it was like to view the world as a bird?  To look straight down into the depths of the world from the lofts of the sky?  Truly, in that moment she wished she had wings.  But that would never happen, not til the end of days at least and so she would content herself with this icy illusion of flight.  

Pyralis froze.  She drew her breath low and slow, body freezing as she caught the scent of another wolf in the area.  Her golden eyes narrowed as she turned her head to see a young, unusually marked female traversing the same terrain.  The woman seemed quite entranced in the territory and Pyralis would slowly turn her attention back to the tree she was standing in front of… or at least make it seem that way.  Every so often she would glance at the girl, taking in her form.

Pyralis was still debating just what to do with the young woman when she spoke.  It was a lackluster greeting to say the least.  Pyre turned her head languidly, her tail falling in line with her spine.  "Oh, hello dear.  What are you doing all the way out here?"  Pyre decided to play it easy for now until she gleaned more information.

Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

03-15-2017, 09:31 PM
Ásvor's interest was piqued, though truthfully she found most individuals fascinating in their own rights -- they all seemed to have something to offer her. A bit of information here and there often made it worth it to pry, and attempt to approach all different sorts of wolves. It was even more interesting, she decided, than examining the landscape. The world would stay as it was for some time, but the wolves in it were far more temporal and she didn't know how long any of them would exist for her.

Her gaze was bright with interest as the female noticed her, nothing her expression didn't seem to shift much as she spoke out. She didn't seem pleased, but she didn't seem ready to run her off either. Yet, at least. Ásvor was poised lightly on the pads of her paws as she took a few steps closer, ears flicking. It took her a moment to figure out how to reply to the question. What she was doing wasn't of much concern to the stranger, she figured, but.. she had to give a little to get some back. Her lips pursed silently, brows furrowing. "Mostly just exploring," she offered tentatively. "I live.. in these lands. What are you doing here?" The truth was that she and her sisters hadn't quite settled down anywhere yet, but the north was their domain as far as she was concerned.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
03-22-2017, 07:59 PM

These times we've seen

Pyralis watched the girl with amusement as she looked at the cutthroat's massive form. She seemed wary but Pyre could hardly blame her. It was dangerous to talk to strangers, especially meaner, bigger ones but Pyralis wasn't in a keen mood to go starting fights. The girl stated that she was exploring and Pyre nodded but her head would tilt lightly to the side as the younger femme mentioned that she lived here. "Here specifically or in the north in general?" As she asked what Pyralis was doing a toothy grin spread across her maw. "Same as you, just exploring. I suppose we could explore together. Perhaps you could give me the tour?"

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

03-30-2017, 07:53 PM
Now the stranger seemed a bit more amused, after hearing her words, and Ásvor found her ears flicking in uncertainty. She took a few steps closer, more assured now that Pyralis wouldn't run her off immediately. A very slight smile teased her lips as she examined the older woman, her gaze cautious still.   "The north in general, I meant," she offered after a moment, her shoulders shrugging slightly. She hadn't chosen to call any one particular place home yet, though surely if she settled down it would be somewhere nearby..

Exploring this place with someone new sounded alright. Even if she couldn't quite place Pyralis and her intentions.   "I'd be down for exploring," she admitted after a moment, added a slight nod to her words. Hopefully in their wanderings she could get some information out of her that would prove useful, though scouting out the terrain was always fruitful too.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
04-05-2017, 06:31 PM

These times we've seen

The girl corrected herself, saying that she meant the north in general. "Ah, I see. Where is it you live then up here?" If the Abraxas were to run into any competition she wanted to know about it and she wanted to know where said competition would be staying. Though as she explored she doubted more and more that Amon would want to stay in the north but still she didn't want to rule out the possibility entirely until she was sure.

Her ears perked as the girl agreed to go exploring. "Excellent! Well, I am a guest in these lands, I'd love for a native to show me around. Any good places to hunt?"

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

04-26-2017, 03:04 PM
Where did she live, then? She wondered if admitting she was a rogue was unwise, but lying about where she lived seemed foolish in its own right. Her scent alone likely proved she wasn’t a pack wolf, so she decided that was a lie she couldn’t convince anyone of.   ”Honestly,” Asvor inhaled, pausing to consider her words for a moment longer.   ”Nowhere in particular yet. I haven’t quite decided which terrain is the best to claim a den in.” So far she hadn’t encountered any lands claimed by packs, which she was grateful for, but she still had some scoping out to do, and plans to discuss with her sisters.

She seemed friendly enough, though guarded, which Asvor didn’t blame the older woman for, not one bit. She nodded. This place was a pretty awful place to hunt, but the forests nearby weren’t bad at all.   ”Just south of here is good spot,” she explained, tilting her head slightly to the side.   ”It’s a pretty dense forest and a good home to plenty of prey. I doubt you’d go hungry if you spend much time there.” A slight smile painted her features as she offered a bit of knowledge to her. It wasn’t particularly useful, but if Pyralis traveled anywhere but south she would find hunting much more difficult indeed.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
05-11-2017, 05:48 PM

These times we've seen

Pyralis watched with interest as the girl hesitated in her answer, hesitating for a moment before stating that she had yet to claim a particular homeland. The behemonth nodded solemnly. "Ah, then you are in the same situation as me." Well, for now. Pyralis had full confidence that Amon would have a land and denning site selected for the family before winter. She took in the girls words regarding hunting just south of their location. "Ahh, excellent. Thank you for the information."

She stretched, letting her shoulders roll forward as she eyed the girl for a moment more. She'd obtained the information she sought and she wasn't really in the mood for small talk. She half considered seeing if she could get a spar out of the girl but knew she'd better get going if she was going to connect with her family. "Well, I've got a long way to go and I'm sure you do to. Cheers!"

-exit? any more you want to do with this or shall we wrap it up?-