gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Famous
03-18-2017, 04:47 PM

Naamah found herself wandering yet again, unsure of where she was headed this time, only knowing that her paws ached to move. She had been skirting the lands of the resident pack though it was not for an interest in joining. Oddly enough, her most favorite sleeping places happened to be around the Starlit plains and on the other side of where the castle stood. Her trip from the shore to more inland destinations had taken her all night and day. The sun was setting once again, and Naamah had reached the canyon she wished to sleep in for the night. The air was far too cold to allow the dark woman to continue her stay in the woods. Tonight she would need a den with walls and a good cover from the wind, and so she followed one of the many prey trails up into the sides of the canyon to see what she could find. Rain threatened to come, the air was thick with it, and there were clouds overhead that seemed ready to burst.

"Naamah" "Lilith" Think / "You." Scroll over for translations.
Lilith is mostly a voice inside Naamah's head, unable to be heard, unless otherwise stated. Naamah is a character who is prone to acts of violence and gore. Her threads are usually marked mature. Her companion is always assumed to be with her, except if stated otherwise.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
03-18-2017, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2017, 11:35 AM by Pyralis.)
Navigation - Bent Canyon

How wicked these,
How wicked these hours

Blood seeped in a sludgy mess down the crook of Pyralis' left shoulder.  She reached down and licked absently at it.  Perhaps she could allow Lilith to take a look at the wound but for now she was content that her quarry had been captured, subdued and now lingered in the void between wakefulness and treacherous dreams, locked away in storage until she decided to drag him back to her family.  Stretching Pyralis slipped from the cavern she'd been using to rest in.  She was still irate at the man for making her chase him down literally across continents but it was well worth it to extract her vengeance.

The wind picked up as she peered out of the cavern, eyeing the setting sun and gathering clouds.  The temperature was dropping steadily and she decided it wasn't worth trying to drag the man back tonight, she would rather wait til morning and it would give her a chance to let her wounds heal.  She was about to retreat back in when she spied a familiar smokey coat and a grin spread across her face.  Well, well… if it wasn't the mortal woman that her brother new by name.  Naamah.  A most curious creature indeed.  "Well, look what the cat dragged in.  Naamah, isn't it?"  She leaned casually against the canyon wall as she took in the woman's form.

Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Naamah

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Famous
03-18-2017, 05:23 PM

There was a familiar cawing in the air as Naamah looked up to see the bird she had adopted watching her and looking ahead. There was something on her way, but she hadn't yet been able to differentiate between his calls for prey and his calls for wolf. The woman who had given him to her had said he held an unusual appetite, perhaps the calls were one and the same to him. Tilting her head subtly to him, Naamah rounds a bend on her path, her head snaps up when she hears the vocals of another, and her name is said. Someone knew her? The only wolf she had actually given her name to was Amon, and he had told her he would tell his family. Perhaps this woman was part of that family, their faces bore some resemblance, even if their coats were immensely different. "It is. You must be relation with Amon. How do you find Auster?" She wonders if this was a chance meeting, she did remember the woman from her run in with the neon scrap of fur on the Bifrost. There seemed to be no air of confrontation yet, not that Naamah could see anyway, but she was prepared. Lilith was once again silent, waiting perhaps for the signs of aggression to show.

"Naamah" "Lilith" Think / "You." Scroll over for translations.
Lilith is mostly a voice inside Naamah's head, unable to be heard, unless otherwise stated. Naamah is a character who is prone to acts of violence and gore. Her threads are usually marked mature. Her companion is always assumed to be with her, except if stated otherwise.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
03-18-2017, 06:05 PM

How wicked these,
How wicked these hours

Pyralis was curious about the woman and whether she was just a passing acquaintance of her brothers or someone of more significance. As far as breeding went she supposed he could do worse assuming the woman was as mentally sound as she appeared to be physically. Pyralis nodded as Naamah spoke. "I'm his sister. Well… one of them." What could she say, it was a big family and one that seemed to be growing bigger every day. "I don't know that I find Auster to be anything at the moment but I have spent the past week or so traveling to hunt down the man that wronged me. He is… safely stashed away." Pyralis grinned, quite pleased with herself. "How do you find Auster? Do you live here?"

Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Naamah

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Famous
03-21-2017, 01:56 PM

Naamah wasn't quite sure what she made of the woman standing before her, but for now, there was no threat and she could relax a little. Corvus stayed well away, perched on a rock on the other side of the canyon. It was easy enough to see the similarities in their facial builds, but the difference in fur was what had thrown the masked woman off the relation trail. The admission went a long way, though why a wolf would deny relation with such a male was unknown. "All of my life is here. I find the land...iucunda...pleasant." One darkly painted ear reached back on her head, "I am not so good with the common tongue." The admission was one she wasn't proud of, but it was necessary if this relative should prove to be like the white and grey yearling that Naamah had run into. There was radio silence still from her inner demon, something that she wasn't expecting. The blame was placed with Amon anyway, for being related to the woman. Lilith and Naamah had become fond of the male, and so it would seem his family members were spared from her usual female issues.

"Naamah" "Lilith" Think Scroll over for translations.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
03-22-2017, 08:16 PM

How wicked these,
How wicked these hours

The haunting cry of a hunting raptor echoed out through the canyon and Pyralis wondered what sort of prey could be found here. Antelope, perhaps? Or perhaps that was overly optimistic thinking on her part. Naamah spoke and Pyralis picked through her accent to the words beneath. From what she could glean the other woman said she lived here and Pyralis nodded. It was a nice place, in fact she'd been debating settling here herself and meant to pass the news onto Amon. If he had… plans for this woman, well it would be convenient now wouldn't it?

"You speak the common tongue fine. What is your native language and what brings you to Auster?" She was curious as to where this unusual mortal came from. She was also curious as to what the woman's skills were. At her size she looked like she'd be an excellent fighter but it was always dangerous to judge to quickly on appearances and she wasn't quite sure how to ask. "I'm curious, how did you meet my brother?"

Naamah

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Famous
04-29-2017, 07:27 PM

Naamah felt that without doubt the woman would be a phenomenal sparring partner, the musculature and the bearing were all held nicely together with a pelt that held many hidden scars. Naamah would just about stake her next meal on this woman's ability, and the thought had her mouth curving a hair upward in a smile. The compliment that was given from Pyralis was met with the proud raising of Naamah's head and tail and made the smile actually grow. "You is nice to be saying so. My mother teach me Latin only, the common tongue I pick up as I am growing." There was more that the other woman was saying, and Naamah pricked her ears only to promptly fold one back on her head.

A sheepish grin and a single-noted, strained laugh escaped the monochrome monster. "I am finding him walking one day...it was day of hunting for me, he is looking like bear, and I was to be pouncing him, but he was catching me. The rest has been chance meeting and dumb luck, or so I am thinking." Mismatched rubies took in the woman and her reactions before she asked one of her own questions. "How is you family finding this place? How you come to here?" Her painted head tilted and she allowed her face to openly convey her curiosity, if she planned to be a while, she may as well learn their family and their history.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
05-07-2017, 12:23 PM

How wicked these,
How wicked these hours

Sound shifted around the canyon walls, causing the air to tremor as the spoke. A cool breeze was winding its way through the canyon and Pyralis found herself enjoying the very atmosphere of this place. Maybe the Bent Canyon would be a good place to settle. Naamah mentioned that the language she spoke was Latin. Pyre's ears shifted forward. "I have heard of this language but I'm afraid I don't speak any." She'd pick up snippets here and there of foreign languages as she travelled but she knew very little latin, only the phrase of one group she'd hired in a raiding party many moons back. Nec spe, nec metu, without hope, without fear and they were indeed desperate and fearless group which made them particularly useful pirates.

Pyralis let out a laugh as Naamah compared her brother to a bear. Oh, he was, he was! The idea of anyone pouncing on her brother was hilarious. "We've just been wandering. I was hunting a man who insulted me and he ran to this place. My brother came with me and as we hunted him we realized the territories down here are quite nice. I like this canyon particularly, it would make a good home. How did you wind up here? Do you have family here or are you alone?"

Naamah

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Famous
05-08-2017, 12:39 AM

Laughter was the best possible response to Naamah's how-I-met-your-brother story, and Pyralis left Naamah grinning. The dark woman sobered as the other spun her story, tracking someone so far for an insult seemed like such a Naamah thing to do that it nearly formed an instant feeling of kinship with Pyr. "Canyon is appealing, I could see home being here." The woman cast her mismatched eyes around them as she listened to the rest of what Pyralis had to say. So it was her turn to spill origins, Naamah smiled and gazed back at Amon's sister.

There was a moment of hesitation, Lilith cautioning against telling the entire tale. The two entities wrestled over what to tell Pyralis, and while the conflict only took seconds to resolve, it would still be an odd pause for the conversation. "I am living in Auster all my life. For long time, I am having to be alone. My patrem et matrem...eh...father and mother die when I was young. I just...wander." She didn't have much else to do with her time other than that. She hunted and stayed to herself, until recently she spent her time with Lilith inside her head. Now, Corvus traveled with her, and he helped soothe whatever loneliness might pop up. As if on cue, the leucistic magpie cawed excitedly and dive-bombed Naamah as he finally came back to her. "Ah, I forgot you, pestis. This be Corvus, he is uh..hmm...pet! Yes, pet is word. He is giving to me, beneficial thing, if truth be telling."

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
05-11-2017, 06:25 PM

How wicked these,
How wicked these hours

Pyralis drank in the cool breeze and the eerie echo of Naamah's voice off the canyon walls. The red-eyed woman had lived in Auster all her life spending much of it alone. Alone. That was an interesting word to a woman like Pyralis. Alone was a state she'd had to actively seek out in her wanderings. Having such an extensive family she never felt truly alone and perhaps that was a blessing despite occasional conflicts and a father that had… certain expectations, expectations that Pyralis had almost seemed to go out of her way to deviate from.

Suddenly something dove out of the sky, Pyralis snapped to a battle-ready position only to see a small bird cawing excitedly as Naamah addressed him. A pet? Her head tilted to the side. "Beneficial thing? How is a baby bird benef-" Pyralis stopped herself as the gears in her head started to turn with all the possibilities and she grinned. "He would be a fantastic spy. I can see how a bird might be useful, how did you find him?"

Naamah

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Famous
05-12-2017, 09:46 PM

A slow smile spread over the dark woman's face as the stranger questioned the use of her bird. Once the woman broke off her question, Naamah knew she didn't have to answer. Pyralis was a smart creature, and quick if her next words were anything to judge by. "He is being wonderful for the spying! Corvus find us food, and tells where water is, if it is being safe to approach. The bird told me you are coming toward me. I want to be meeting you, I find hard to talk with common wolf. " The last question would be answered by the shadow queen's next line of speech. "There is being a stranger, she is walking to me with sad story. The girl can't keep bird, something pet will eats if left alone. I take, figuring he will be the useful. Invaluable, now to me."

There was a pause, and Naamah wasn't sure what else to say on the matter. So she let Pyralis ask any other questions, and she would answer them. As long as they weren't too probing, Naamah was inclined to share a bit about herself with this woman. There was something of a kindred spirit beneath the pirate's mask. Perhaps, it was that divinity sparking through that interested her so much.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
05-19-2017, 07:20 PM

How wicked these,
How wicked these hours

Listening to Naamah talk made Pyralis suddenly wish she had a bird companion or a companion of any kind for that matter. Not any sort of squishy, paw-holding type of thing but a useful partnership. Something beneficial to the both of them. Of course, she wasn't sure she had the demeanor to get along well with other animals but it was something she'd keep in the back of her mind should the opportunity arise.

"Fascinating, I'll have to keep an eye out should a similar opportunity arise for me. I'm curious, what do you think of my brother so far? He's not bothering you is he? If he is just let me know, I have no probably showing the big lug where he can stick his nose." Pyralis winked at Naamah.

Naamah

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Famous
06-10-2017, 05:13 PM

It was Naamah's turn to laugh as the female spoke of Amon bothering her. This was a hint at the type of persistence the male could have, and there was a whisper of further attraction from Lilith as the woman spoke. Corvus cawed a mocking laugh of the darker woman's, his blue eyes flitting over Pyralis. The bird knew the signs of wolven attraction, and Naamah showed all of them, Amon as well to be honest. "Amon is not being able to bother me. If it was being so, I know to show a male him place." She gives a wink in return to her company, a teasing tone on her lilting voice as she motions forward jokingly with her paw. "I will not be lying, and you are not maybe hearing this, but there is a luring about your brother. Were you born together?" Being a single pup gave her a disadvantage when it came to siblings, not knowing boundaries or any other line that should not be crossed. She was only curious about the dark wolf and wanted to know more about his family.