size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
03-27-2017, 12:38 PM
Two packs down, three to go. He'd breeze through these two western packs, then head home for a bit before he went on down to the southern continent to figure out where that last pack had decided to situate themselves. Lirim he knew as one of the packs Raba had had something of an agreement with, though after his investigation of the other pack who'd held an agreement with Ivory Ridge he was beginning to think that Raba had infinite amounts more patience when dealing with other packs than he was willing to expend. He didn't hold out much hope of Lirim being all that much more interesting to him than the boring old man in the washed-out trees. Washed-out and washed up - he chortled the phrase to himself in amusement.

Coming to the border he squinted at the lands beyond. Pretty cushy place. Probably had damn good hunting, and the profuse wildflowers everywhere said that there were probably a bunch of herbs laying around. Probably. He didn't really have the head for herbs, or so Vana had often loftily informed him, and apparently flowers weren't the same as herbs. But hey, Kassander would know. It might be worth a raid or two if he and the pack's alpha didn't get along. Or maybe - probably - even if they did. Raids were a hell of a lot more fun than trade agreements and alliances after all.

Caught up in his thoughts and vaguely half-formed plotting, he padded along the border silently rather than calling immediately. Hey, it would be interesting to see if anyone showed up if he didn't bother calling, right? A good test of their border security. For... reasons.

Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!
Unless otherwise mentioned as absent, assume that both Great Horned owl companions are nearby
Chaos speaks in a strong lisp, which I am usually too lazy to write

Stardust

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Aaliyah
03-27-2017, 02:29 PM
Searching for herbs on the Dancefloor was much easier than she would have initially imagined, they were almost everywhere. Star was happy, content even, she now had everything she needed. There were wolves to care for, Frost had joined the pack, but there was one thing that had clouded her happiness for now. Ritsy, that horrible scene plagued her. Today she was out by the borderline searching for something that would help her sleep and would stave off dreaming. Her mind had come up with all sorts of frightening and terrible scenes, a subconscious attempt to piece together the grisly remains at the river and what had happened to the owner. So far her search had yielded nothing other than some very useful pain relievers. It wasn't long before she caught the scent of someone unfamiliar ahead on her path.

Could there be another wolf seeking a home? Star wasn't in a position of authority high enough to allow her to accept the poor creature, but she could definitely keep them company until Faite or Fortune arrived! With a happy spring to her graceful steps, Stardust began a trot to catch up with whoever was trailing along the borders of her home. When she caught up, she stopped and stared wide-eyed at the big wolf. "Hi!" She called out, her gypsy upbringing not really giving her any sort of tact in these situations, but she continued her walk toward him. She kept a safe distance, keeping to her side of the boundary, seeing the male's large fangs and even larger body. "Welcome to Lirim! Faite should be along any time now, so I will keep you company until she can get to us. My name is Stardust, but you can simply call me Star." Her voice was bright and airy, tones sweet and even delicate as she spoke with him. "What brings you to us? The alpha may ask the same when you get here too, but I am always curious and like to talk, pretty sure you could tell that by now." She was peppy and upbeat, and often her bright attitude made it difficult for wolves not to talk to her. Maybe that would hold true this time.

The character you are currently reading is Stardust, as indicated by the red border around her pic.
If you would like a thread, just let Bird know via Discord or PM Stardust's profile!

Chaos

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
03-31-2017, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2017, 11:49 AM by Chaos.)
Chaos watched as smaller, lighter female bounced up to him, a single brow raised slightly. She didn't act or move like a fighter, and if he had to hazard a guess she wasn't a border guard at all. In fact, the faintly herbal scent that clung to her fur was one he'd come to associate with healers. Was Lirim so lacking in border guards that it was healers who patrolled their borders?

Oh, Raba, Raba. What've you gotten me into? he mentally teased the distant former alpha. More goody-goodies. Well, no one said I can't have a little fun with them while I'm here. Who could blame him? These meet-and-greets had been so terribly boring. He was itching for a bit of mischief.

To the female he flashed a sly grin, taking a handful of steps towards her to place him squarely toes-on-the-border. "Stardust, is it then? You're an awfully pretty little thing to be patrolling the border all by yourself. Healer, I'm guessing?" His face smoothly innocent, he took a deliberate step towards her. "I'm Chaos Saxe, boss to the crew over in Fenrir's Maw. Came to introduce myself to your alpha, but she doesn't seem to be around. Just you." He took another step forward, and grinned toothily, the spark of mischief burning in his eyes and, more importantly, all four paws solidly over the border.

Unless otherwise mentioned as absent, assume that both Great Horned owl companions are nearby

Stardust

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Aaliyah
03-31-2017, 03:24 PM
The energetic woman flitted her bright gaze over the male as he toed the border and spoke. He was much larger than she was, and she didn't have the skill or mind to be any kind of match for him, but the protective instincts she possessed toward her pack were strong. "You shouldn't do that..." She advised, ignoring his compliment on her appearance.  Star wasn't listening to his words, she read the devious expression on his face. Nervously, she shifted on her paws, but her body refused to move. As he crossed the border of Lirim, Star felt her gaze snap up from his paws, to the overly large fangs that protruded from his jaw, then to the mismatched blue and purple of his gaze.

"She will be here soon, I strongly suggest you return to the proper side of the border before she gets here...if you wish to meet the right side of Faite." Despite her smaller size, the protective woman met the mischief maker with a warning to his behavior. The mischievous glint in his eyes gave her enough mercy to warn him, and while she was normally gentle, there were pups in the pack that she had sworn to protect. Chaos held true to his name, but it did little to make the healer quail under pressure. "You are a leader, yes? You must be new at it, if this is how you introduce yourself..." She gave him a shallow smirk, but it was gone in a flash, lost under the now serious demeanor of the normally bubbly healer.

The character you are currently reading is Stardust, as indicated by the red border around her pic.
If you would like a thread, just let Bird know via Discord or PM Stardust's profile!

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
04-01-2017, 12:03 PM

Her patrol had started later than she'd expected. Rory had insisted on following her around until she'd finally convinced him to go seek out Fortune. It seemed as though the little tyke's were growing like weeds and now they were certainly big enough to be a slight nuisance when she needed to get things done. She certainly wasn't opposed to spending time with her family, but she had been on edge lately. Ever since coming across the scene of where Ritsy had been attacked she'd been on high alert. She feared for another attack and she hadn't even been able to discern what had happened to Ritsy yet so needless to say she'd been busy and more than her fair share of worried. She didn't want her pack to think she couldn't defend them.

So her patrol had been late. Perhaps if the stranger had howled she might have hurried to get to the borders sooner, but as it was she didn't notice that there was company at the borders until she wasn't far from them. Ears pricked forward in curiosity as she smelled Star's scent along with a male's. Did she have another friend wanting to join? Frost's acceptance hadn't been that long ago. Maybe Star had another friend that she'd forgotten to mention. It was certainly worth looking in to.

Her pace quickened as she headed towards the duo, but her opinion changed quickly when she noticed Star's rather uneasy posture. Her gaze rested upon the larger wolf and zeroed in on his face. Had the situation been different she would have been immensely curious about the large incisors protruding past his lips, but she was more focused on the fact that all of him was past her borders. She came to stand next to Star and kept her face impassive as she studied the larger wolf. She flashed an apologetic look towards Star - she was late, that much was obvious, and she was uncomfortable with the idea that the friendly healer had been the first to meet the male. What if he'd attacked her.

"I would love to know why you're here, but first i would recommend taking a few steps back first, if you'd please. The last male who thought to test my patience and hospitality found he bit off a bit more than he could chew."

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: x638RtN.png]
[Image: sI0gGqh.png]

Chaos

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
04-03-2017, 11:41 AM
Chaos just continued to grin as the healer shifted and babbled nervously. "Maybe it's not her right side I want to meet," he said slowly, as though musing to himself. "Maybe I'm tired of meeting alphas on their right side. Maybe I'm more interested in more important things than... right sides." He lowered his head to her level, still grinning that slightly maniacal grin. "Oh, I'm not so new to the game that I don't understand it. I just think it's a rather silly game. I grew up watching my father rule a pack so far beyond the pitiful mewling things here now that its hardly worth even comparing them. It's pathetic, really. I feel bad for you that you think you need to play by the rules."

He'd have taken another step in, backing her further into her own territory, if another even smaller wolf hadn't joined the healer. He let his mismatched gaze linger to give the newcomer a deliberately obvious once-over from nose to tail, drawing it out lazily despite her threat. Her stance and scent declared her alpha of the pack despite her stature and build. Not particularly someone he'd be wary about offending, but his fun would certainly be ruined if she got a bug up her nose about it and called in more of her pack. Not even he could fight six or more wolves at once.

Finally he turned with a flick of his tail to step barely back outside the boundary and spun to face her. Stopping, he arched his neck to tuck his chin in and stuck his tongue out at her. "Spoilsport."

Fortune

gems
size
build
player
04-10-2017, 03:27 PM
A new scent on the border, Fortune is... concerned. Worried, to say the least. This was her line, and to have that line threatened messed with her logical mind. There's something here, and even if it's not a threat... well. It is a threat. Even if it's not, it is? That made sense, at least in Fortune's mind. She pads toward the border of the Dancefloor, head high, posture a little stiff. Faite had beaten her there, and Stardust too? The sandy blonde creature was tall, sure, but fragile looking. Fuck.

What comes into view is a creature unlike one she's seen before. He's large, with elongated front teeth, something she hadn't seen before in these lands. Some of the prey animals showed them, the boar with their tusks and things like that... but on a wolf? Something about it was ominous, threatening. Fortune does not trust what she can't understand. She draws close to the group, finally coming to rest at Faite's shoulder. Taller, heavier, stronger. Fortune was good with being the brawn of their operation, and she looks the stranger dead in the eye as she approaches.

"Everything alright, here?" The Kaliq and the Kalin, Chaos had warranted an appearance from both. Fortune's question is general, offered in the open, a curiosity first. Business or pleasure? would have been more personable, but she's rarely in the mood for that either. Her tail wags slightly, an effort to control the mood. Wouldn't want to be too stiff.

fortune
shock & awe

Jewell

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
04-10-2017, 05:31 PM

She followed the motherly woman she had met recently, quiet as could be. Her large paws making quite the noise as she trudged through the land. She wasn't concerned right now with keeping quiet, more so was she focused on keeping up. Her ears perked as the female stopped and she sat with her eyes on the scene. Her colorful tail swept around her paws as she sat just a few feet from the side of Faite. She paid no heed to the fact that she should probably not be here, but more so to the fact that there was a strange toothed giant standing there. Here eyes stayed on him and her ears pinned at the sight of him. She of course wasn't one to intrude on the adult business so she was quiet except to name this new giant for what the dark coat he carried reminded her of. "Cauchemar." She had no word in English other than one for what he was one she wasn't sure translated right. She had to try though. "Scare." A look was sent to Faite then, one of question. She still wasn't sure that was right.

Her eyes then moved to the other woman that Faite seemed to know and she gave her a smile. His word catches her attention and she tilts her head at it. It was new and she wasn't sure what it meant but the way he said it was like another pup who teased and got mad for not getting his way. she tilted her head and quietly tested the word on her own tongue, barely even a whisper passing her mouth as she tried it out. Her head tilted at him and though a sliver of fear was in her eyes, she was intrigued by him. His eyes weren't red but did he hide because she knew what to look for or was she mistaken in what he was?

The appearance of another caught her attention and then her view was blocked by the female that came. Her reaction to such a thing was to stand and then move forward and first poke her nose into the opening of Faite's back legs. She wanted to see and she made it known by then shouldering her way and forcing herself between the new female and Faite until she came out from between them with a unconventional face plant. She was quick in getting back up and shaking it off. She then sat once more, her rump situated directly between Faite's forepaws. Her eyes were quick to latch onto the male once more. Her rainbow tail curled over her paws again and she watched curiously.

Jewell
Can you see the nightmares?
I see them, and they scare me

Faite as Jewell's guardian is allowed in any and all her threads regardless of the tag. She may enter as she see's fit.

All of Jewell's French will have a span title over it, hover for translations.

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
04-21-2017, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2017, 01:48 PM by Faite.)

Her gaze didn't shift an inch as she waited to see what the newcomer would do. Her muscles were tense as he looked her over before finally shifting just barely back over the border. She relaxed slightly and was content that, for now, things would remain civil. She didn't fancy the idea of getting into a fight with every wolf that crossed the borders, but she wasn't about to let anyone think they could trample all over her lands without any repercussions. She was more than surprised when the male turned and stuck out his tongue before calling her a spoilsport. Her head cocked at this before she let her muzzle crinkle and she stuck out her own tongue. Was it mature for a wolf her age and stature? Nope. Did she care? Not a bit. It made her feel better at least and she felt slightly less tense about the situation. It felt like she was dealing with a very overgrown kid.

Faite had just opened her mouth to question the man when Fortune's appearance distracted her. She turned her head slightly to glance at her cousin before flashing her the briefest of smiles. "For now. I was just about to interrogate our new friend" She informed her before turning her attention back to the "intruder." Of course to make matters worse Jewell had appeared and Faite silently cursed herself for not paying attention. How many more wolves would show up to this little get-together. She glanced down at the little rainbow child as she said another unfamiliar word followed up with one she did recognize easily. Scare.

"Don't be afraid." She whispered quietly. "Think of him as a friendly kitty." Not that she knew the man, but he did remind her of a larger cat.

She watched Jewell with a protective gaze for a while longer before the girl settled in between her paws. She wasn't content with the idea of the girl being here, but she wasn't eager to prolong the meeting any further. She'd let her stay for now at least. her attention moved back towards the stranger again a she gave him her undivided attention.

"You smell of the Maw. Did Karabela send you?" She easily recognized the pack's scent from the mountains, yet something definitely seemed wrong. This man seemed more important than just one of Raba's pack mates. Had she promoted him as her secondary? If so she was probably not going to be happy with anything Faite had to say. She surely didn't appreciate another pack's alpha trespassing. She was more than certain she wouldn't have been greeted so kindly if the roles were reversed and it was Faite trespassing on Ivory Ridge's lands without permission.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Chaos

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
05-01-2017, 11:06 AM
Another wolf appeared with friendly enough words, going through the motions of seeming friendly, but there was a certain... maybe wariness wasn't quite the word he was looking for, but certainly something like it, and the alpha's emphasis on the word 'friend' as she replied to the question widened his grin, those fangs deliberately bared in a smile that mocked their friendliness. "Oh please, do interrogate me," he purred, mischief sparking like the crackle of lightning in his mismatched eyes. "I'm sure it would be educational for all of us."

His eyes fell on a small creature who stared at him and babbled something before wiggling its way between the alpha's paws, and he stared back incredulously for a moment before he threw his head back with a roar of laughter. "You've got to be fucking shitting me," he said over top Faite's question. "This is just too much. What is this thing? You guys have pups doing your border patrols for you? What were you planning to do, throw Sparkle Rainbow Princess Flower at me so she could chew on my ankles while you ran for cover?"

He lowered his head level with the startlingly weird colored pup and let a predatory grin bare his fangs. "Oh yes," he 'whispered' in a much more carrying voice than the alpha had used, "I'm just so cuddly." He closed his fangs together with a sharp snap of emphasis on the last word, teeth closing in a toothy 'smile' before the pup's nose, and he slammed his haunches down and leaned back to let out another series of raucous guffaws. Clearly, the only thing keeping him from literally rolling on the ground laughing was his dignity.

Nope, Chaos had no dignity, not when thrown the perfect opportunity to ridicule. Still wracked with gales of laughter he flopped to his side to roll back and forth a couple times before, wheezing, he rolled to his belly again and made a visible effort to stop laughing, though little snorty giggles kept erupting. "Are you even a real pack?"

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
05-21-2017, 08:48 AM

An ear flicked towards Fortune before moving back to the striped stranger before her. His grin was slightly unsettling as was the mischievous glint in his eyes. Her gaze kept slowly drifting towards his teeth before sliding back up to meet his eyeballs once more. Once upon a time she might have been mesmerized, and even curious, about those teeth, but now they only caused her muscles to tighten in visible wariness of the male. Surely those things packed a powerful bite and she was half expecting the outcome of this meeting to turn hostile. It wouldn't have been the first time a border meeting had gone sour.

Of course him finding the whole situation amusing wasn't helping her mood any. Her lips pulled into a tight frown as she watched him eye Jewell before throwing his head back in laughter. Her muzzle wrinkled in slight annoyance at his words - the curse words in front of the child wasn't something she appreciated but she kept her opinions to herself. So long as Jewell didn't pick up on them later...

"If we had pups doing border patrols for us then I highly doubt there'd be any adults here." It was hard to keep the annoyance out of her tone, but she was trying her hardest. Sparkle Rainbow Princess Flower struck a nerve. Sure Jewell was probably one of the most colorful wolves she'd ever met but it wasn't like he looked any more normal either.

She moved forward some more to put up a blockade between Chaos and Jewell and her head lowered slightly as her lip pulled back to reveal one fang in a silent warning.He found the whole thing funny, but scaring the young pup wasn't on Faite's to-do list today and if all the male was going to do was sit back and insult every single aspect of her pack and the members in it then she wasn't interested in carrying on the conversation. She blinked back more irritation as he literally rolled on the ground laughing before spitting out another insulting question while totally ignoring hers. At this point she highly doubted Karabela had sent him. Had she been overthrown by this overgrown child?

"Are you even a real alpha?" She retorted? "At this point I've seen my children act better than you are. If you're just going to continue to insult my family and ignore my questions then you can just go ahead and leave."

Walk, "Talk" Think