size
Small
build
-
player

Easter 2022Toys for Tots
05-11-2017, 03:57 PM
Ok readers of books, fun question time:

I read a lot of historical fiction, and certain time periods/regions have been done right to death (thanks, Diana Gabaldon) so I was curious - what unusual historical period/place would you like to see explored in more historical fiction? It can be any subgenre of historical fiction too, whether paranormal or romance or adventure. Alternative history? Sure! Why not? Go ahead and specify if you have a subgenre of historical fiction that strikes your fancy that you'd like to see your unusual historical period and/or place done in that style.

For example, I think there aren't nearly enough historical fiction novels set in the Ottoman Empire during the reign of Suleiman I. I think it would be neat to explore that time period in fiction.

Esmee

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
05-11-2017, 06:12 PM
*Fangirls* Do you like Outlander too or no? It is my absolute favorite series to read, and am on like the 100th read through. XD And I was actually pleased how they are doing it on Starz as well. I would like to see more of B.C. time period in general. The depictions out there currently are corny and usually put me to sleep.

Amaryllis

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Light
player
Jewell
05-12-2017, 09:08 PM
If u ever read the masters of time series that's my favorite kind

Tealah

Administrator
Admin

gems
size
Small
build
-
player

Easter 2022Toys for Tots
05-16-2017, 11:56 AM
I do like Outlander. Well, I liked the first one but kind of ended up losing interest in them since at the time they were really only available anywhere in hardcover, which was pretty far out of my fresh-from-high-school budget and I never really did get back into them. Unfortunately they kind of spawned this whole genre of quasi-gaelic crap from people who didn't put nearly as much thought into the background realism as she did so the Scottish highlands as a setting for historical fiction has gotten way overused.

Have you read... what's it... Clan of the Cave Bear or whatever? It's pretty decent though I really struggled to get through them as far as I did (unlike Outlander, my library carried them so I was able to get more than the first book). But that's faaaaaaar BC, paleolithic if I remember correctly. You talking that, or neolithic, or bronze-age BC, or...? I'd like to see a lot more bronze-age fiction as far as that goes, the historical and cultural aspects are a lot more provable than paleolithic times. Going as far back as paleolithic starts edging towards fantasy IMO since so much of it's guesswork.

I haven't read the Masters of Time, Asena, what can you tell me about it?

Lucifer I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Jewell
05-16-2017, 12:50 PM
The masters of time series is historical Scottish esque set, though it puts girls from the future in the past and is more of a romance with 5 Scottish lords, whom are also wizards and it's definitely an adult sort of thing for some books which has like at max if I remember right 3 or four sex scenes. I can link you to the books if you'd like?
Lucifer is a grade A jerk. His threads and all posts are rated M for mature. He is cannibalistic and has a tendency to force himself onto anything with four legs. He is bipolar though so he can also be a very nice guy, though also could have a mood change mid thread. You have been forewarned.

As his mate Azariah is allowed in any and all of Lucifer's threads. Unless stated otherwise Lucifer is assumed to be accompanied by his companion, a Wolverine named Noctis.