Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - LesbianBeeventVolcano
05-11-2017, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2017, 05:12 PM by Nyx.)
IF I HAD A HEART I COULD LOVE YOU
Everything was at a bit of a standstill as of late. While the monotony tended to leave Ásvor feeling a bit restless, at least now she knew now that her two sisters were around. Perhaps not always within her immediate vicinity, but they'd joined her in their journey to the north. Much of the autumn she'd spent re-familiarizing herself with the terrain, hunting to prepare for the winter and gathering stores of the few herbs she knew anything about. Soon winter would be upon them, though she felt mentally prepared to face the harsh weather it would bring.

Her paws carried her slightly further to the south. She'd left in the early morning, and by the time she reached the side of the lake the sun stood high in the clear afternoon sky. At the edge of the lake she saw the thick reeds and cattails, and they caught her attention. Usually when some vegetation grew, more would follow, and she hoped she might find something of interest there. Stretching her forelimbs as she took a slow break in her walk, she finally picked her pace up again to pad towards the lakeside. Once she got there she started exploring the vegetation, lowering her head to snuff about, curious as to what she'd find here.

IF I HAD A VOICE I WOULD SING

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
05-11-2017, 06:53 PM

Valdís had travelled out from the Stone Steppe, seeing to head to the northeast to do a little exploring. She'd been doing her best to man the borders of the Crew but had yet to find time for herself to do a bit of her own exploring. She was working up the gall to try counting coup but was still having trouble feeling brave enough to try it out for herself but she supposed that was the point. If she was going to prove that she was a warrior and not a little 'war runt' then she'd have to find courage and put on her game face.

Slipping through the cattails Valdís padded her way around Firefly Lake which was distinctly lacking in fireflies this time of year, not that she minded. The mosquitos were awful in the warmer months. It almost made her grateful for winter that all the bugs would die off. As she turned her head she caught a familiar scent on the wind. No way…

Quickly following it she spied the form of Ásvor and she barked out a quick greeting. "Ásvor! Hey, how are you? What brings you here?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

05-18-2017, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2017, 05:13 PM by Nyx.)
There were few wolves that Ásvor truly looked forward to seeing again, and Valdis was one of those few. Much of her energy was spent on simply surviving, but now that she had started to prepare for winter she found her mind wandering to the wolves she had met on her travels. Most had been briefly amusing at best, occasionally useful and often entertaining, but it'd been quite some time since she'd spent time with anyone. This was why she found herself briefly stunned when she heard the pawsteps of someone approaching. Assuming it was a stranger, her hackles raised instinctively as she turned around, twisting her body and ducking her head cautiously as her blue gaze searched for the source of the sound.

Her expression was only guarded for a brief moment before acknowledgement crept onto her features. The corners of Ásvor's lips turned up in a faint smile, tail raising slightly behind her as her posture grew quickly more relaxed. "Hey, Valdis," she greeted her, tail flicking lightly where it stood curled above her back. "I didn't expect to find you here." They were quite a ways from where they'd first met, though Valdis had admitted to having no real home herself, so she had no real idea where she would look for her to begin with.

"I've been.. well," she admitted, after pausing to search for an appropriate word. "I actually ended up finding two of my sisters that I spoke to you about. We've been living in the north for a bit now." It wasn't anything particularly noteworthy; she was still a rogue, but she knew she'd expressed interest in finding them. Her nose told her Valdis hadn't been alone, either. "What about you? You smell of a pack?" She raised her brows curiously, regarding her with interest as she took a few strides closer.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
05-19-2017, 07:25 PM

Valdís was growing in confidence as well as size. Any day now she was planning to challenge the alpha of Crew to let her move up in the ranks and become a full-fledged War Boy instead of just a runt. Of course to do that she might have to try her paw at counting coup. Not exactly something she was looking forward to but the idea of asking Ásvor along made the prospect much more interesting. They could get into so much trouble together! Of course… it was dangerous. Valdís wasn't exactly keen on putting the other girl in harms way for bragging rights though she imagined the other was a capable warrior in her own right.

Her tail wagged lightly at the news that Ásvor had found a couple of her sisters. "That's good!" She nodded. "Yes, I've joined a pack in the east called Crew. I haven't been there long and there's quite a bit to learn but it's been going well. The alpha there is interesting and he has huge fangs! The biggest I've ever seen on a wolf."

"Talk" "You" Think

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

05-22-2017, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2017, 05:13 PM by Nyx.)
Ásvor's own confidence wasn't growing quite as rapidly. It seemed quite a difficult feat to find more knowledge these days, and her jesting with Naudir about finding someone to keep captive and force to teach her about healing was sounding more tempting by the day. Perhaps not wise, but definitely tempting. It was just as tempting to pry into what sort of knowledge Valdis had gained from her time in a pack, though she figured she'd wait a bit instead of seeming over-eager. She did value Valdis' company for more than just whatever information she might be able to supply, and offending her by pressing too hard didn't sound ideal.

Her own lips quirked higher into a larger smile at the other woman's words.   "Crew. That's an interesting name," she admitted, stifling an amused laugh. Short and to the point - she liked it. Truthfully she was pleased to know that Valdis was enjoying herself there, and it sounded like she had her paws full. An alpha with fangs? She shook her head in slight amazement. She had little knowledge of the surrounding packs, but she figured this Crew must be halfway decent if it was worth settling down for. No Yfir, surely, but likely not all that bad. "I can't say I've ever seen a wolf with fangs, but he sounds.. entertaining. What sort of things have you been learning?" She didn't bother to disguise the interest that shone in her sapphire stare as she watched Valdis, curious - and only a bit envious, though she tried keeping that particular emotion under wraps.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

05-26-2017, 06:44 PM

Valdís nodded at Ásvor's statement about Crew's name and she giggled a bit. "Yea, it is kind of weird but then Chaos isn't the most conventional alpha. In a lot of ways he kind of lives up to his name." For a moment she wondered what his parents must have been thinking when he was given his name though whoever they were they apparently had the gift of prophecy. "Lots of things! The alpha himself has been teaching me how to use my surroundings to my own advantage when I'm under attack. What about you, what have you been up to since we last met?"

Valdís reached out and pawed at one of the cattail stalks. "You know… if you or your family ever wanted a place to stay. I bet Crew would take you." She didn't know if they would agree to it but she thought she'd offer. It would be kind of nice to live in the same place as Ásvor.

"Talk" "You" Think

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

05-30-2017, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2017, 05:13 PM by Nyx.)
Ásvor's former interest in what herbs might be growing at the lake's edge faltered quite quickly. Truthfully, she had wanted to find something useful, but Valdís' company arrested her attention with little effort.   "His name's just as unique," she admitted with a smile, finding the whole thing quite interesting. While she'd never had much interest in other packs, this one was sounding quite interesting, though it was hard to tell how much of that was influenced by Valdís. Probably a lot, not that she'd admit that. Though hearing that Valdís was learning about things like fighting was definitely something she envied.   "That's pretty neat. I haven't been doing too much. Searching for a place to settle down.. maybe."  It was hard to tell what the future had in store for her, or her siblings, and she wasn't terribly interested in moving on without them at her side. Settling down didn't sound fully appealing to her either, though; she wasn't really sure what she wanted for her future.

She watched as she reached for one of the cattail stalks, wondering if they had any purpose momentarily. Her gaze fell back on Valdís, brows raising slightly. Was she suggesting she should consider joining Crew? The little she knew about the pack did seem interesting, but she had no idea if Naudir or Raesa had any interest whatsoever. She shook her head, feeling unsettled for even considering such a thing without seeing how they felt about it. "Perhaps," Ásvor said after a moment, thoughtful as she tilted her head.   "I'm not sure where my sisters would stand on that offer, but thank you. I wouldn't mind getting some tips from you, though, on fighting, if you're not too busy." Her smile grew slightly. She'd never had the chance to truly learn anything about fighting, and was interested in if Valdís would be willing to teach her.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

06-02-2017, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2017, 06:24 PM by Valdís.)

Valdís absently swatted at some browning cattails.  She wasn't sure why but she was full of restless energy though her fidgeting slowed as Ásvor mentioned possibly settling down somewhere.  Valdís was hopeful, excited even.  In her head it was perfect, Ásvor looking for a home and she just happened to be part of a pack now.  How awesome would it be to live with her friend?  However, Val had forgotten the sisters.   "Ah, I see." Darn sisters…  what were they even up to anyway?  She'd yet to meet either of them.  Valdís didn't dwell on it too long before Ásvor mentioned that she was interested in tips on fighting.  The girl blinked. "Me?  Ummm… well, I can try.  Is there anything in particular you were wanting tips on?"   She stopped messing with the cattails and scratched at the icy ground instead.   "Would a practice spar help at all?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

06-13-2017, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2017, 05:14 PM by Nyx.)
Ásvor watched as Valdís fidgeted, wondering the source of her restlessness. She didn’t seem uncomfortable, so she supposed everything was fine. Still, she thought she almost saw a bit of disappointment in her expression at the mention of her sisters. "I’ll check in with them, and come let you know what they think," Ásvor offered with a faint smile. Having a place to call home, even if only temporarily, sounded nice while she and her sisters figured out a more permanent plan. It was hard to not miss the pack she’d grown up in, though she knew she couldn’t go back in time and change the course of the past. Dwelling on it now did little good.

The possibility of being given some fighting tips by Valdis was enough to lift her spirits again. Though she’d always lived a life of uncertainty, never knowing where she was going or when, it felt a bit different now that she had found some of her family again. Part of her craved some kind of stability now, though she wasn’t quite sure what she was hoping for. "A practice spar would be great," she agreed, hoping she didn't sound too eager. "I guess truthfully I don't know much about fighting at all. I suppose a lot of it probably comes naturally, but.. I wouldn't even know where to start." Her smile faltered a bit, unused to admitting weaknesses, but she had a feeling Valdis wouldn't use it against her.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

06-22-2017, 07:37 PM

Valdís honestly had no idea what she was doing, she'd never trained anyone to fight before. Her mind was still on the thoughts of Ásvor and her family joining Crew and she had to struggle to put her wishful thinking to bed so she could focus on more material matters. "Ok, let's do a practice spar then and we can see what you know but before we get started can you show me your defenses? I think that'd be the best place to start." She moved opposite her friend, seeking to leave about ten feet between them so they could face off appropriately.

"Go ahead and show me what you have and then I'll show you mine and you can copy me. Then I think we'll just have to go ahead and have us a proper spar so I can see where you're at. Ummm… oh and rules, no maims, obviously. I'd just die if I scarred such a pretty face." She winked playfully at Ásvor.

"Talk" "You" Think

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

06-26-2017, 07:30 PM
A practice spar sounded nice. She'd been inclined more than once to seek someone out for a spar, but scuffling with a stranger could be dangerous. This was definitely a safer way to get some practice, in a setting she knew wouldn't get her killed or maimed. Even if she met wolves who insisted they merely wanted a fair fight, could she really be sure? At least she was certain Valdis didn't intend on harming her; if that was her goal, she'd had ample opportunity by now. "Sounds like a plan," she agreed readily, beaming in her direction now.

She followed the other woman's lead, backing up slightly to create some space between them. "I don't know much at all," Ásvor admitted cautiously. Still, defenses sounded easy enough, right? Her expression brightened at Valdis' words, glad she couldn't see the way her face grew suddenly heated at her words. Did she actually find her pretty, or was she merely being silly? Valdis didn't strike her as the kind to say things she didn't mean, but she shook her head and pushed the thought from her mind.

Thinking for a moment, she shifted to spread her limbs a bit more evenly, bowing slightly at the joint. Meanwhile, she ducked her head down, pushing up her scruff slightly. "Nor would I want to scar yours," she admitted, hunkering down further just a bit. "Not that I'd have even a chance against you. How are my defenses?" She eyed Valdis, truly wondering, certain she was missing something.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

07-02-2017, 10:53 AM

Valdís was feeling the pressure more than she had at any other time to perform well. She wasn't sure if it was just because she was with Ásvor or because she felt that she'd been out of shape with her sparring. She watched as her friend set her defenses. Valdís gazed at her for a moment, assessing her defenses. "Well, you have a few of the basics down. An even stance is good and its good to have your joints loose and bent to lower your center of gravity. It makes you more stable and allows you greater movement. You'll definitely want your hackles raised and lowering your head is good to protect your throat."

Valdís moved back so she was facing Ásvor. "Go ahead and copy me as I set up mine. You've got your stance good so I'll start there." Valdís widened her stance just a bit farther than hips width apart and bent at the joints. She raised her hackles and then lowered her skull to align with her spine. There, she was caught up with Valdís. She shifted to align her tail with her spine as well. "You can tuck your tail to. I tend to be more offensive than defensive so I like to use it for balance but it can be used to protect your gut if you're fighting in close range. I broken tail is better than disembowlment." She chuckled a bit and moved on. "This is really important." She rolled her shoulders forward and scrunched her neck back. "This will help push your fur and flesh over the vitals in your neck. You can add to that by tilting your chin down to help protect your throat. Obviously these defenses will shift throughout the fight. You can't reach out and bite someone like this but we can worry about that later." She tucked her chin then moved on. She shifted her weight a bit over her legs. "You'll want to be sure you have your weight spread evenly over your limbs to give you a good solid foundation."

Valdís continued on, through all the defenses she could think of. She spread her toes, her claws biting into the earth. "This helps with traction." Pinning her ears to her head she narrowed her eyes. "You'll want to keep your ears close to your head at all times. The flap is easy to rip off and can bleed badly and get in your eyes. If you keep your eyes narrowed that can help keep dust from getting in them and also may offer some protecting if your opponent tries to fling their paws in your face. It narrows your vision though so it can have its downsides. Let's see…. oh!" Valdís wrinkled the flesh on her face as she opened her jaws. "This can help a bit. Does that all make sense? I know its a lot."

"Talk" "You" Think

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

07-10-2017, 07:06 AM
It was a strange feeling, wanting to actually impress another wolf, not just for the sake of seeming powerful but just because she wanted Valdís to like her. To be impressed by her, even though she felt remarkably unimpressive right now. She was oblivious to the fact that her friend was just as insecure, feeling the pressure of teaching, rather than the pressure she felt of being taught. Maybe she shouldn't be quite so envious of Valdís's position in Crew, especially if she was willing to teach her things regardless. Still, she told herself she would reunite with her sisters, and at least mention the idea of finding a place to settle, even if only temporarily. She hoped they wouldn't see through her more selfish reasons for wanting to join the pack. While safety in numbers was always a good thing, as well as the possibility of training, she did want to spend more time with Valdís too.

Nodding in understanding, she let her limbs bend slightly, loosening her joints as instructed. Her eyes were curious as she watched Valdís mirror her stance, flicking her tail out behind her in response. It helped with balance - that made sense. Maybe it would've come more naturally to her, had she been less worried about Valdís's eyes on her. Still, she listened and followed her instructions accordingly, deciding in terms of fighting she would probably be more offensive than defensive, too. She did the same with her shoulders, finding it a bit uncomfortable to scrunch up her neck and tuck her shoulders forward but the reasons for doing it made sense.   "Right," she finally spoke in agreement, adding another nod to her words.

She couldn't help but be impressed with the thoroughness of the lesson, however small it might seem. She mirrored what her friend instructed and did, flexing her toes to feel her claws digging into the soil, her ears pinning close to her head and her jaws parting in a mock-snarl, face wrinkling slightly. She couldn't help but let out a faint laugh, though, since she felt a bit silly practicing her defenses in front of someone she knew she'd never actually have to fight. Maybe a practice scuffle, but she had a hard time picturing her really giving it her all - she had no interest in hurting Valdís.   "It's a lot, but I think I'll remember most of it. It's all really useful," Asvor added as her posture relaxed slightly. "Thanks, by the way." She didn't have to teach her anything, even such a detailed lesson, and she really appreciated it. "I can probably offer what little knowledge I have about herbs to you, someday, in return for your help," Asvor offered with a faint shrug as she shook out her coat, shifting out of her defensive stance. She felt bad taking something - even knowledge - without giving something in return; it didn't seem fair to her.