Baldur

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-26-2014, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2014, 11:31 AM by Baldur.)

Nature's perfume hung thick in the spring air as the fruit trees burst into blossom around him. It was heavy and intoxicating and something of a relief for the male who had sought out the orchard to be alone with his thoughts for awhile. Well? not entirely alone. The ghost of his girlfriend, Linne? was basking in the sun her translucent luminescence making her appear more ethreal and angelic than she had in awhile. He felt the ache again, that sudden longing to go to where she was, to be with her fully again.

Sapphire eyes opened to stare at him. "Don't think like that Baldur? I want you to live this life first." She took to her paws moving to rest next to him under a nearby peach tree. "Besides, I'm here with you now. That's more than most will get." He smiled softly, moving to nuzzle her despite knowing they couldn't really touch. But if he closed his eyes he could pretend that the warmth of the sunshine was the warmth of her fur. "I'm sorry Linne?." his voice fell softly from his lips and he sighed quietly. He should have been able to protect her.

Baldur rolled onto his back to stare up at the brilliant blue sky filled with lazy clouds, the sunlight filtering through the greenery above him. He felt Linne? settle in beside and despite the doubt and regret he someone felt he could stay like this forever.

"Speech"