gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-18-2017, 11:52 PM

Gods it was hot.

At this point she believed that the northern continent would be better than this, but the thought of snow and cold feet made her lip curl. Not to mention the fact that she'd have to work harder to hunt and that just didn't settle well with her. She wasn't lazy, no, she had no problem with working for things she wanted, but making herself suffer or food wasn't worth it. Reluctantly she'd left the oaks, her temporary home since the family had migrated to Auster, and headed off in search of water. Adra was off who knows where so her travel was solitary and quiet for the most part.

Her paws eventually led her to a natural dam. The water had diminished quite a bit, but the river still flowed and was deep enough to sustain enough animals. Lucky for her all the prey seemed to be migrating to areas where there was an abundance of water so the thought that hunting would be easy was enough to calm her irritation at having to move in the first place.

She arrived at the dam and sniffed around for the moment picking up the scent of a few other predators, mostly fox, coyote, and a bear, but she wasn't concerned. Why should a god fear anything after all?

Pale head rose to the sky as she glanced at the sun past the tree tops. It was evening time now - cool enough so that her skin didn't feel like it was on fire - but light enough for her to still enjoy the last remnants of the day. Without Adra or Aby around to keep her company boredom began to set in so she headed towards the water's edge and slid in until the surface touched the bottom of her chin. Her eyes closed slowly as she let out a soft sigh. This place wasn't as preferable as the giant oak trees that she'd called home, but it would do. Now all she needed was Adra and everything would be perfect. Of course it was only temporary until the dry season ended, but she would make the most of it.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: wVgAb8H.png]

Kaine

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
06-19-2017, 12:11 AM

YOUNG AND A MENACE

Familiarity drew the beast onward. They hadn't needed to search for long to find another member of the clan. The scent of Abraxas clung to the path she had taken, a musk that choked the very ground upon which the goddess stepped. Kaine knew exactly who this was, her perfume was delightfully familiar. Fondness tingled within the cockles of their heart, and long strides pulled them from the treeline. A floodplain bared itself prone to the skies above, and within it a creek, swollen by the greed of pests. At this point it was at its lowest, they gathered. A pallid rose lie within, shining stark against the water of the creek. A few more steps, closing the distance between the deity and the edges of the water. It lapped gently against the shore, just about reaching their toes.

"Anamalech." Kaine could not be bothered to raise their voice. There was the barest trace of a smile upon their lips, barely more than a shift in expression. They knew the goddess could hear them, no doubt she had heard their approach from the woods beyond. The elder sibling looked perfectly serene, idling within the cool embrace of the creek. Tempting. What was more tempting was the stink of beaver, lurking upon every inch of ground. They were clearly infesting the area, and it would be easy to secure a meal.

"Did you miss me?" The tone was musical, jovial. They would not let the doubt show; that they dared to dream their family did not miss them. Kaine would play it cool, as though they expected Anamalech to agree wholeheartedly.

"speech"

I THINK THAT GOD IS GONNA HAVE TO KILL ME TWICE

Anamalech

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-19-2017, 01:29 AM

Paw steps drew her out of her peaceful alone time and an ear flicked irritably. Who dared to disturb a god? Pale eyelids opened slowly as her head turned towards the bank to see who it was that would deserve her wrath today. She waited expectantly only to be surprised by, not a mortal, but one of her younger siblings instead. She looked him over and a pleased smile spread across her features as he called out her name so softly. He hadn't been at the family gathering, but it was reassuring to see that more and more of their family was appearing all over the continent. How could they ignore the call of their patriarch when it offered so much promise? It wouldn't be long before their family had a good hold on the land after all. So much excitement in store deserved the appearance of all their family.

"Kaine, it's good to see you brother."

"Did you miss me?"

A soft chuckle escaped her lips at is jovial quip of humor. He seemed the same as ever which was comforting - he was one of the closer siblings to her. Perhaps not as adored as her Adra, but still a favorite nonetheless. Catching up was going to be fun with Kaine. Not to mention the fact he'd have information about home. She was curious about how things were back in their home land and in return she was more than happy to catch him up on the plan in Auster.

"Mhm, of course I missed you dear sibling of mine." Her tone was serious and yet a sly smile tugged at her lips. Of course she'd missed his presence, she adored all her family, but she always enjoyed toying around with others. "Come join me. The water feels divine and you can explain why you're so late to the party."

Walk, "Talk" Think

Kaine

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
06-19-2017, 01:54 AM

YOUNG AND A MENACE

Anamalech was pleased to see them, that much became evident by the smile that graced her divine features. Her crimson gaze was warm as she looked upon them, and when she spoke, it was jarring. Of course. Brother. Before they had left, the title had never bothered Kaine. Now, it nagged at them. They pushed the thoughts aside. Now was not the time.

She giggled at the possibility that she might not have missed them, so it seemed. When she affirmed it, her tone was stern. The worry that had begun to tighten their diaphragm loosened and disappeared. The smile upon their inky lips grew. It was once more mirrored by their pallid sister, who invited them into the water. Of course. Now, Kaine felt the heat of the sun beating upon their spine.

"Funny story," They rumbled, teeth flashing as the grin took over their features. They slipped into the water, paws settling upon the fine silt at the floor. It seemed to tug at their feet, begging to claim them. A few more bouncing steps through the creek, and they came to rest beside their sister. Of course, where she seemed to float, they found themselves standing. No matter.

"I left just after you, actually." Kaine began, bending their knees to sink further into the cool water. "I decided it was time to see the world- so I took off, a little while before Amon did, I think. I did some travelling, met a few interesting groups." The story was a long winded one, but they dared to pause and examine a brave beaver. It peered from its dam, watching them. That one was going to be food if it didn't smarten up.

"The far north is beautiful, by the way. There are many wolves like yourself- albino, they call it. Mockeries of your divinity, of course. Nonetheless intriguing." They assured their sister, a charming smile flashing across their chiselled features.

"I can't imagine I've seen everything, but damn did I see a lot. There is a bridge, of sorts, made of islands, that connects our homeland to another continent. I saw some interesting groups there, who spoke languages that sounded like music. So of course I needed to learn them all." A bashful smile toyed with their lips, their mismatched gaze flitting to their reflection in the water. According to Gaios, language wasn't important. Not much of the fun stuff was. Kaine saw it as such- how could anyone know who or what you were, if you couldn't explain it to them? Not learning the local tongues was idiotic at best.

"There was a beautiful bitch I met there, she could have been a goddess herself, had I not known better. After parting with her, I realised that I missed the company of the divine. Decided it was time to come home to you all. Then I come home to find out, you've all gone off to some far off land to fuck around without me!" A teasing grin came to rest upon their maw; they weren't truly angry with their family for leaving home. It was the natural course of things, after all. The golden deity opted to leave out the fact that they had almost definitely sired a litter with the glorious bitch in the east.

"Now, tell me, Anamalech, what chaos have you all wrought upon these lands without me?"

"speech"

Anamalech

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-19-2017, 02:28 AM

Ana didn't notice anything strange about Kaine as she called him brother, but why would she? She also overlooked the fact that he might have actually been worried she hadn't missed him. She had never worried over what she deemed a ridiculous thing - why wouldn't her family miss her? Perhaps it was the arrogant part of her, but it was never a thing that crossed her mind at all.

"Funny story,"

Ivory ears flicked softly as his voice rumbled to her. Oh this sounded like it was going to be good. Her tail waved softly in the water behind her as he joined her. She looked him over once more enjoying his golden pelt and his stature. Of course, like the majority of the family, he'd inherited the Abraxas height. Perhaps he wasn't as tall as Amon, but not many were. A pang of jealousy coursed through her as she studied him. Tall and handsome ... why she and Adra hadn't inherited the size of the family was beyond her knowledge, but at least they had other contributing factors to make them worthy of their godly status. At least she didn't have to struggle to find deep water to soak her entire body - that was one thing she never had to worry about.

Her head titled slightly as she gazed upon his godly form with her undivided attention as he explained his whereabouts. She dared look away though to spy the same beaver that was bold enough to peer at them from its home. Either it was curious or just plain stupid - she bared a single fang to it, playful really, to strike a bit of fear to the idiotic beast. It seemed to take it to heart though and made a swift escape back into its dam. She'd chase it down later for an easy meal - for now it had interrupted something important. Finally her gaze returned to her younger sibling.

She listened as he explained the north and her nose wrinkled in disgust at the mortals that dared even try to compare themselves to her. Her beauty was unmatched and to even remotely think that any of them could be like her was irritating. "Perhaps eradicating the filthy beasts from the earth is in order. Don't want them thinking they're something special." She mused aloud.

She didn't interrupt him further though as he explained the exotic languages he'd learned. While it was never something she'd been interested in she was intrigued. Music hmm? Now that did sound exciting. Learning languages wasn't something that had ever been important, but perhaps it was was a skill Kaine would find useful? Considering he was going to be around in the future it seemed as though she'd get a front row seat to find out.

A light laugh left her at his last comment about them leaving to fuck around without him. Speaking of fucking! "Oh yes, there's definitely been lots of fucking. Pyralis had a litter not too long ago with some male with a fiery pelt. Two beautiful children, but you'll have to see for yourself." She wouldn't spoil the mystery - it'd give him time to wonder. "I also smelled a female on Amon's pelt the last time I saw him." yes, the family had been busy. It seemed as though everyone was settling down into their roles, perhaps it was about time for her to give it a go as well. Aby couldn't be the only legacy she left behind, though at the rate her daughter was going she wouldn't be around for long.

"As far as chaos, well we've barely gotten started. Amon's brood has been scouted the lands around here and I believe we're finding a good place to set up camp before we terrorize the locals. So you haven't missed too much."

Walk, "Talk" Think

Kaine

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
06-19-2017, 05:02 PM

YOUNG AND A MENACE

As expected, Anamalech was not pleased to know of the imposters to the north. She offered a solution, carnal and violent, and the beast grinned. Claiming the far north for their own would be a smart move, but nothing to enact quite yet. Near the end of their tale, their sister spoke up. Pyr had birthed a litter? Without them? How rude. Beautiful nieces and nephews with fiery coats, just like their mother. Sounded delightful. Anamalech purposefully left out the rest, leaving them to their excitement.

"I can't wait." They replied with a smile, toes curling in the loose silt under their feet. Kaine loved pups, though they had to admit they were a little daunting. What if they broke? They constantly feared that they would crush one beneath their bulk, or accidentally step on one. That didn't stop them from wanting to play and nurture them, obviously.

The fact that Amon was already hard at work adding to his progeny wasn't a surprise. He wanted to build up an army of offspring, it seemed. Regardless, Kaine would tend to the brood alongside their siblings without question. As Anamalech spoke some more, updating them on the events of late, they realised that they weren't all that late to the party. Wonderful.

"Great. It'll give me time to get caught up with the rest of the clan." Kaine rumbled gleefully, dipping their head beneath the water to cool the top of their head. The rays of the sun were relentlessly cooking their brains. Reemerging with a mouth full of water, they sprayed the mixture of drool and creekwater at Ana. A boom of laughter erupted from their jaws, waiting for the inevitable outburst from her.

"speech"

Anamalech

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-19-2017, 09:58 PM

Ana was pleased when Kaine didn't oppose her idea of ridding the filth in the north. It may not have been a plan that would be enacted any time soon, but it was an entertaining idea. Maybe even Adra would join her? It'd been a good while since she'd participated in a good wolf hunt. While she didn't often like getting her pelt dirty blood was the exception and she missed it. Causing a little chaos was more than a good time for her and it was about time she started doing so again. Maybe Kaine would help be the spark to ignite that special little fire?

"I can't wait."

Kaine's words drew her from her thoughts. She grinned again, happy with her little secrets. It would force her sibling to seek Amon and the rest of them out for answers. He'd get to reconnect with the rest of the family and he'd enjoy his reaction to see how the rest of them were progressing. It wasn't quite like back at home but it was getting there and she was going to enjoy every blissful moment of the amount of hell they'd bring to the mortals that crawled over the continents like little roaches.

"I'd hurry before you miss out on all the fun. I'm sure Amon has something exciting planned. Maybe you can even babysit one of the little godlings if you ask Pyra nicely." She said in a teasing tone with a little wink. The smile faded from her face after kaine's head came back up from the water and liquid spewed from Kaine's mouth right at her delicate face. Had it been anyone else it would have been grounds for at least maiming right then and there, perhaps even death, but considering it was family it was different. She feigned an angry face for the moment, shock fading from her features as she pretended to be livid. That was until her face twisted into that mischievous look she carried so well and she bounded at him through the water to try and get a lock onto his head with her paws to dunk it under water. A light laugh left her - goofing off probably wasn't the best way to spend their time, but she had missed him and it was so easy to act childlike around him. He was her little brother after all - why couldn't she torture him a little?

Walk, "Talk" Think

Kaine

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
06-19-2017, 10:24 PM

YOUNG AND A MENACE

Ah yes, her expression was priceless as the water cascaded over her features. Anamalech only looked angry for a moment, the droplets collecting on crystalline strands to drip from her muzzle. The water lapped viciously against them, tugging at the fur of their chest as she bounded forth. Her reply was nearly forgotten as she lunged forth to wrap her limbs about their neck. Anamalech's laughter echoed in the clearing, ringing like a thousand silver bells in Kaine's ears.

"Ana!" They cried, a grin splitting their features as they made a great big show of trying to secure a grip on her legs with their teeth. Anamalech succeeded, and Kaine's nostrils were filled with creekwater. Laughter forced itself from their maw, erupting upon the surface of the water in the form of a few tiny bubbles. Kaine dropped beneath the surface, chin tucked to their chest in an attempt to hold their sister's legs while they sank. Of course, Kaine wasn't about to drown their sister- only make sure she was good and cool. They were only doing a favour, Fallen One knew how badly she could burn in the sun with her fair skin.

Once the dame was thoroughly soaked, they would obviously let her go and see how she retaliated. This game was fun!

"speech"

Anamalech

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-26-2017, 01:21 AM

"Ana!"

Ah, that was the joyous cry of surprise that she'd been looking for. Her limbs wrapped around his neck tightly and her limbs strove to duck his head underwater. She wasn't exactly the strongest one out of their family, but she knew how to throw what weight she did have around to off balance her opponent. His teeth on her forelimbs were almost ignored - he wouldn't harm a hair on her head unless it was warranted.

Finally his head ducked underwater and a grin of success pulled across her face. She watched with satisfaction as air bubbles rose to the surface. And then the tables turned as he sunk below the surface and locked her limbs from being able to pull away from him. Just as she realized what he was trying to do her own head ducked under the water. She was dripping wet, soaked to the bone, and thoroughly cooled off when he let go of his hold on her. She resurfaced, taking in a giant gasp of air, and then looked at her larger sibling.

"I missed you, dear Kaine. None of our siblings know how to have fun quite like you do." She said before taking her paw to try and splash him.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Kaine

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
06-26-2017, 08:33 PM

I GOT RAGE EVERY DAY; ON THE INSIDE

Anamalech emerged gasping for air, and for the briefest moment Kaine worried they may have been mistaken about how long she could hold her breath. Lips pulled tight in a grimace of apology. However, once she spoke, the deity knew that all was well. She missed her dearest sibling, and she said as much. Had the skin of their cheeks been visible, they would have been beet red. Anamalech spoke the truth, their siblings were too stern and formal to have fun quite as they did. Kaine cared deeply for their siblings, and delighted in making them happy. Anamalech punched through the water with a forepaw, shoving a tiny wave of water into their face. The droplets beaded against the hair of their muzzle and forced their eyes shut. A choked noise of surprise shoved itself from their maw.

"I wish I could be modest and deny that, but I know you're right." They replied, grinning broadly once their eyes were cleared of the water. Anamalech was smart, she rarely misspoke or was proven wrong. This was no exception.

"Now, my lovely sister, I think you should reintroduce me to our lovely family. I want to see Pyr's little gremlins." Rumbling vocals would announce. The day would only get hotter, and it seemed like a good idea to get their sister out of the sun's rays before she turned red. Some shade was in order. Though, as that damned beaver poked its snout out of its dam, Kaine was reminded of their hunger. They gestured with their snout to the beast, hoping to quietly draw her attention to it.

"How about you sit in the shade, and let me treat you to a meal?"

"speech"

ALL I DO IS SIT AROUND AND KILL TIME

Anamalech

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-29-2017, 10:27 PM

Ana hadn't missed the apologetic look he flashed her but she was far past it. She was resilient and it would take more than that to drown her. His embarrassment flew right over her head as she focused on the water droplets that cascaded down from his face from her latest assault. The noise he made afterwards was like music to her ears and another amused laugh fell past her lips. His words only caused a smirk to pull across her lips after the laugh had faded.

"I'm always right. You should know this by now." She said with a chuckle.

Ears flicked towards him as the topic changed. At the mention of introducing him to the gremlins and bring him to the rest of the family she smiled at him brightly. She wasn't sure how the rest of the family would react to seeing him, but surely it would only be good. After all so many of their family was migrating here. How long until they'd all gathered. She could picture many wonderful things once Amon was ready and she found her nerves buzzing with excitement. Though for now him catching lunch was definitely a much more enticing idea for the short term future.

"I'd be happy to. For now I think that beaver has met its last day." If she didn't have to lift a paw to hunt for herself then she certainly wouldn't pass up the opportunity for a free meal. She took his advice and pulled herself from the water before padding over to the closest tree and then shook herself. Once she was considerably less wet she looked back towards her sibling with a smug look waiting for him to catch them a meal.

Walk, "Talk" Think