Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-23-2017, 04:19 PM

She could tell there was water around, lithe body navigating through the aspens. They provided some sort of shade so it was nice, but the heat was still getting worse and worse. She would cross a flood plain, nose twitching slightly as she would try to smell any prey around that would be flocking towards the water. All she could really smell was the faint scent of beavers so she could care less. She doubted they would really try to chase her off and if they did, they would have a surprise of fangs coming towards them. The recent scent of elk hung in the air too, and that’s when she became cautious. Elk were much larger than her, and there was no point on trying to hunt them down all by herself, it would be impossible. She would reach the bank, seeing that the water levels were, in fact, going down and she let out a soft sigh. Quickly padding over and lowering her skull, tongue lapping at the water as she tried to cool off.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: hQBYkJZ.png]
ᴏʜ, ᴡᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ.

Jade

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
06-27-2017, 08:06 PM
Whoa. Jade had never seen trees quite so grand. Truth be told, though, it wasn't often that she ventured outside of Talis' claimed territories. Why would she, anyway? She was fairly certain she had most everything she needed there.. family, food, and shelter. They even had a castle there, which was super fun to explore. Either way, she'd decided to take a bit of an adventure away from home today.. and so far, she wasn't at all disappointed.

The yearling navigated swiftly through the clusters of aspen trees, light on her feet, moving nearly as quickly as her thoughts did. She was overwhelmed with the various scenes of this place, her twitching nose filled with the aroma of prey - of beavers, elk, and much more - as well as the sure signs that she'd found her way to a brook. Filled with excitement over what this strange place might have to offer her, she found her tail wagging high above her back as she pressed on, grabbing hold of a stranger's scent as she went. Huh, how interesting!

Though she was a social girl, she hadn't spent much time with anyone outside of her family or Talis, so she felt suddenly timid over the possibility of an interaction. Oh well, though. It wasn't going to stop her! A soft bark left her throat as she found the stranger through a clearing of trees, pace slowing just slightly as she headed toward her, beaming widely.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-27-2017, 10:15 PM

A soft bark reached the female’s ears and she pulled her muzzle away from the water. Stopping herself from drinking too much because she knew that was possible. Faine moved and looked around before her eyes locked on a female who was around the same size as her. She was oddly familiar too and she had to think a little bit to try and think about who she was.

Oh! It was one of the younger wolves who she noticed at one of the Talis meetings. She smelt of Talis too so surely she was a member. She offered a rather polite and friendly smile towards the younger one, who seemed to be beaming and curious. “Hello!” she greeted, “I’ve seen you around during a meeting in Talis,” she noted. Her stature was calm and welcoming, knowing that if it was time to bond with somebody else from Talis that she had to be kind and presentable.

“I’m Faine, I’m sort of new to Talis but I’m planning on becoming a mage for the pack.” she introduced herself. The other fae seemed pretty young so perhaps she was training to become something first before she had an official rank. Or maybe she was wrong and Dragon had already given her a rank. Either way, she wanted to know and to hopefully become friends with her because the more friends the better. Just by her general aura she seemed pretty nice anyways, and that seemed to apply to most wolves she had met in Talis. Dragon was pretty down to earth, and same with Kharnage.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Jade

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
07-01-2017, 01:56 PM
It took an an embarrassingly long time to realize that the scent wasn't of just any wolf, but of a packmate. Granted, she must've been fairly new, and Jade didn't always pay much attention at meetings - she'd never admit it, but most of the talking there sorta meshed together into a mess of words that went in one ear and out the other. Once she realized it was a fellow member, she found her smile growing, the speed of her tail wagging behind her growing slightly.

"Hey there," Jade greeted her, lips quirking up in a wider smile. "You do look a bit more familiar now." Maybe she ought to spend more time paying attention to the wolves in her pack. Oh well; that was a problem for later, not now. "Nice to meetcha though, Faine. I'm Jade." Her eyes sparkled with wonder as she gazed at the older woman.

She was training to be a mage, hmm? Healing had never really interested her, but her parents were both mostly hunters, so it wasn't that surprising she might not pick up healing. "That's neat! My parents are both.. Fangs," she said after a moment of consideration, making sure she remembered the name of the rank correctly. "I suppose that's what I'll train to do, also."  Fighting didn't sound like much fun either, so she supposed that was where her interests mainly lied. And exploring in general - but she wasn't sure she could help Talis out much with that skill.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-01-2017, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2017, 03:01 PM by Faine.)

“Yes, it’s a pleasure to meet you,” she said politely, the younger fae seemed to be quite excited to see her around which made her happy. Maybe because she was a bit older she could put a good impression on the younger, “Jade… That’s a pretty name,” she complimented. No, she didn’t want to be a suck up but she was rather instead saying the truth. She thought her name was rather plain compared to her mother’s name and her aunt, those two she didn’t know their whereabouts now.

“Fangs,” she said, she still hadn’t gotten a complete grasp on the ranks in Talis but she just took a wild guess. “So like hunting?” she said, it was more of a question than a comment. “I’m alright at hunting I guess, though I’m not a complete expert.” she said, “Maybe when you’re done with your training you can help me out!” she said and smiled, encouraging the younger girl that she’d probably do good at her job either way. “And maybe in return, I can teach you a bit about herbs, even if you don’t quite want to be a healer it’s nice to know in case you get hurt and nobody else can help,” she explained. Not that she wanted to be a nag or something, but to her, it was actually quite important. She had run across a few wolves who had called her useless because they didn’t care about herbs and believed in the way of natural healing. Which was just cleaning a wound up and letting it heal by itself, not even bothering to stick a leaf on it to close it up. Though that wasn’t very effective and in fact took longer in the case that the wound would get infected.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Jade

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
07-02-2017, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2017, 09:23 AM by Jade.)
Her name was pretty? Huh, she'd never been told that. The compliment made her tail wag a bit faster, her smile growing. She thought her siblings had way cooler names. After all, her last name rhymed with her first; at least her middle name was different, not that she introduced herself with her full name very often.  "Thanks!" she exclaimed, beaming proudly.  "Your name is nice, too." it was pretty, but she also figured it'd be polite to say too.

The yearling nodded eagerly at her question.  "Yep, hunters," she agreed quickly. Jade wasn't quite sure that she had much knowledge to offer her, though .. she hadn't been that diligent in seeking out training. She could, however, show her where those funny little deer were. Dik-dik, she remembered Dragon calling them. Maybe that would interest her.  "I could try!" she offered optimistically, hoping once she'd reached the same rank as her parents she'd have more knowledge to offer her, because she didn't feel like she had very much now.

Learning about healing had never been terribly interesting to her, but maybe Faine had a point. Knowing the basics wouldn't hurt, right? What if she was out with Sterling and one of then got injured and she needed to help? After some thought, she nodded in agreement.  "I'd like that, yeah! Do you know a lot about that stuff?"

Walk, "Talk" Think

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-02-2017, 02:48 PM

The young wolf seemed to really enjoy the fact that Faine had complimented her, the ruby sylph could tell when her tail wagged faster and her smile grew wider. She then returned the compliment and Faine grinned, “Thank you,” she said, flicking her tail in acknowledgement to the kind and friendly ways of the younger wolf. So far this girl was pretty nice and she appreciated it, maybe she would hang around with her a bit more often because of it.

Jade said that she would try when she would get the rank she wanted and Faine nodded, ah, at least she seemed pretty optimistic about it too which was good. Talis probably needed ambitious wolves who were willing to help each other out, that was always nice and helpful.

She seemed to think a bit before she agreed with Faine, saying that she would in fact like to learn about medicine sometimes and asking if she knew a lot about that stuff. The darker female nodded, “Yes, my father was a healer and he taught my mother all that she knew, and then she taught me everything that I know today.” she said, “And it’s mainly just because I like helping other wolves out too.” she said and shrugged, “Are you curious about anything right now?” she asked.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Jade

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
07-08-2017, 06:27 PM
It was hard to imagine knowing more than this woman, but maybe someday she might. It wasn't that she thought poorly of herself, no, not at all - her interests were just flighty, and thinking about really being trained in something was difficult. She thought to her hunt with Dragon though, which had gone pretty well, and the pride she'd felt after contributing and being part of something more than just.. everyday stuff. She could definitely get used to that feeling!

So, she'd learned healing from her parents? Huh. Her own were just hunters, and from what she'd heard about her father's parents, his father had been a warrior once. The thought was neat, but not something that interested her much. She wondered if Sterling would still be joining in on the raid, and wondered if she should figure out if she should join in as well. She wasn't fully certain how dangerous it would be.. some wolves seemed wary of it, and since they'd be barging in on another pack's territory, it could certainly get dangerous, right? "Hmmm," Jade murmured, her tail twitching idly. "What can help with.. say.. cuts and stuff like that?" Maybe knowing some basics wouldn't be so bad, especially if something happened to her sister or parents ever. At least knowing the simple things might prove useful.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-08-2017, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2017, 09:23 PM by Faine.)
“Cuts?” she asked, “If they’re small, lamb’s ear should be able to do it. Sometimes small cuts only really need to be bandaged and can heal by themselves,” she told the girl, “Yarrow works too, and sometimes chamomile,” she added, “Marigold too if the cuts or wounds are more severe and such,” she said and smiled. She settled down on her haunches and thought, “Horsetail is good for wrapping up wounds, as for bandages lamb’s ear will do and sometimes even spiderwebs or just leaves,” she explained. That was probably a lot of information she had just spit out so she might have to explain herself. “That’s a lot of herbs I know, but it takes awhile to understand and get it. If I actually had them with me you’d probably get it easier, but I don’t,” she said and shrugged, smiling a little bit.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Jade

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
07-20-2017, 11:34 AM
Though healing hadn't really interested her before, it did seem useful to have basic knowledge, just in case something happened. Her gaze was curious as she focused on Faine, ears flicking in acknowledgment to her words. Lamb's ear -- was that a plant? Not actual lamb's ear, right? She figured it was a plant, but what a weird name. She took in the words, though she wasn't entirely sure she could pick out any of the plants at first glance, except for.. well, the leaves and spiderwebs, of course. "Huh," she murmured, trying to push the information into her memory. Maybe in the future she'd be able to find some of those herbs, but it was merely concrete knowledge for now.

She knew Steel's sister, her aunt, she supposed - she was a healer, she'd been told. Maybe she'd be able to give her lessons too someday, though she doubted she'd be able to handle talking about plants for very long. "Thanks, Faine," she quipped after a moment of thought, her tail wagging happily behind her. "Perhaps we could go on a hunt sometime?" Jade didn't want to take up too much of her day, even if she wasn't being a bother - she dipped her head slightly before turning to go. "See you around!" For now she wanted to think about whether she'd try to join the raid or not with her sister, and maybe talk to her about it.

- exit Jade -

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-21-2017, 03:01 PM

hold me close & don't let go

The younger girl thanked her and she offered a hunt sometime, the dark female smile and nodded, “Of course,” she said, the other wolf then dipping her head and turning to leave. “I’ll see you around,” she said softly and watched as she left. Faine took a deep breath and turned to look at the waters, suddenly she heard a snort and hoof steps. Her eyes tearing away from the dam to see a large elk making its way towards the water. Before Faine got into any trouble she quickly slipped away to leave the elk at peace so it wouldn’t charge her.

tag: xxx
words: 102 WORDS

note: EXIT FAINE