size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-01-2017, 08:15 AM
even if it's just
in your wildest dreams
Alarik used to think winter was his favorite season. He was a large brute, with an incredibly thick coat, so it only made sense for him to prefer the colder weather. Maybe the temperatures suited him, but the overall mood of winter didn't suit him at all. It was too quiet and depressing. He liked the mood of spring was much more uplifting. New life, a bit of snow and a bit of rain, green grasses and blooming flowers. And sure, it was warmer, but not nearly as warm as summer.

So, Alarik had changed his mind. Spring was his favorite season now. He'd spent the morning walking through mud and melting snow, not even bothering to avoid the mess. He didn't care if it was childish, it had been fun while it lasted. He'd practically rolled in the mushy stuff, and now the entire lower half of his body looked brown instead of grey. So you can imagine his relief when he saw the delta up ahead. Plenty of moving water in which to bathe himself. The brute ran forward, tongue dangling from the side of his mouth as mud and globs of slushy snow sprayed in every direction from his moving legs and paws. It was too bad none of his siblings were here to enjoy this with him. He knew they would enjoy it. They always had.

But he didn't want to have those sad, sobering thoughts in his head right now. He wanted to romp around and be a muddy mess, and he wanted to take a bath in one of these ice cold rivers. Maybe it wasn't the smartest idea, but who ever lived a life of adventure and excitement by only making smart, sensible decisions?

Vulcan

gems
size
build
player
07-01-2017, 04:35 PM
alarik

<3
heaven's full & hell won't have me

He had realized that this was probably the eastern area of the region, the smell of the ocean was nearby and he flicked his ears. Trying to look for some water to quench his thirst but this water seemed to smell of salt. It was probably a delta, where the freshwater and saltwater mixed. He sighed and decided to at least take a dip for now.

He suddenly heard some movement and his gaze narrowed. His eyes searching the surrounding area before he saw a rather dirty looking wolf nearing the water. He decided to keep his distance for now and instead maybe try to sneak around him. Slowly nearing the wooded area behind them and snaking through the tree line as he rounded the brute. Trying to make his way to one of the rivers where the water was fresh and clear. Hoping if he was quiet enough then maybe the male wouldn’t notice him.

No matter if he was noticed or not, he would approach the water and dipped his skull towards the water. Long tongue lapping at the icy water and his ear twitching slightly. It was so cold that it hurt his throat, but he enjoyed it anyways.

Alarik

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-01-2017, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2017, 05:04 PM by Alarik.)
even if it's just
in your wildest dreams
Alarik romped off toward one of the rivers, pausing just long enough to dip his head and taste the water. He could handle ice cold water, but getting saltwater in his eyes and mouth? No thanks. Fortunately, the river he had come across was freshwater, so without another thought he jumped in. He huffed and shivered right away, the cold water cutting through him and making him feel very, very awake. He waded around just long enough to get the mud out of his fur, and then he jumped out, shaking himself off quickly.

"Gods above," he chuckled, still shivering a bit. But it had been exhilarating, so he didn't regret it. And it had gotten him clean, at least. He shook himself again, and stretched his legs to warm his muscles up a bit. And that was when his eyes fell upon the other male nearby. Alarik smiled a bit and trotted calmly over to the stranger, his childish antics forgotten for now.

"Good morning, sir," he called out with a friendly smile.

Vulcan

gems
size
build
player
07-01-2017, 05:48 PM
alarik

<3

Vulcan had tried to mind his own business, drinking the water and taking in as much as he wanted. He suddenly heard a splash and he pulled away from the water, grumbling to himself and taking a few steps back. He was just about to walk away when the male approached him, he took in a deep breath and stopped himself from sighing. “Uh, hello.” he said, well this brute seemed to be overly friendly. One day he was probably going to be taken advantage of one day if he continued to be nice all the time. But that wasn’t Vulcan’s problem, so he just decided to deal with this brute right now. It’s not like he had anything else better to do anyways. “Aren’t you freezing right now?” he asked.

Alarik

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-01-2017, 06:13 PM
even if it's just
in your wildest dreams
Alright, so this male wasn't in the best mood. Or maybe that was just his personality. Oh, well. Alarik wasn't going to let that bother him. Maybe he could just tone down the bubbly attitude a bit, pretend to have a little less energy. But that was hard to do when the ice water still seemed to be running through his body. He could hardly keep still. But he managed not to bounce in place or anything like that.

"Just a little," he said. "The lands I had to travel through to get here were incredibly muddy. I figured I had to clean myself off somehow." He smiled in a friendly way and waved his tail slowly behind him. Partly as a pleasant gesture and partly just to dry the fur on his tail.

"My name is Alarik," he said. It was only polite to introduce himself, right?

Vulcan

gems
size
build
player
07-01-2017, 07:00 PM
alarik

<3

“Makes sense then,” Vulcan said and looked at the brute up and down. He was about the same size, which was a first. “I’m Vulcan,” he said, he then sat down and sighed. The brute seemed younger too, so it only made sense if pouncing into an ice cold river would get the job done for getting himself clean would be ideal to him. “Look kid, I’m new to these lands.” he said, “Do you know if there’s anything I should watch out for? Random killer predators, weird poisonous plants, uhh… Hostile packs who are insane?” he said, hoping there was some sense in the boy.

Alarik

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-01-2017, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2017, 08:04 PM by Alarik.)
even if it's just
in your wildest dreams
The man said that what Alarik had done made sense, which was something at least. Honestly, even Alarik didn't think it made much sense. But like he'd said before, it got the job done. At least he was clean now. The man then introduced himself, and Alarik nodded in acknowledgement. Vulcan was an interesting name. He liked the way it sounded.

"Nice to meet you," he said politely, tilting his head a bit in curiosity as Vulcan asked for advice. He was new to these lands and wanted to know if there were things to watch out for. Alarik chuckled a little. "I don't believe so. No crazy predators, besides bears and mountain lions and the like. But if you leave them alone they'll leave you alone. And I don't know enough about the packs to tell you that, but I suppose if I haven't heard about any psychotic packs, that means there aren't any." He laughed.

"I don't mean to pry, but where did you come from?" Alarik asked. "I mean, feel free not to answer if you don't want to, I'm just curious."

Vulcan

gems
size
build
player
07-01-2017, 09:33 PM
alarik

<3

The brute said that there were bears and mountain lions, but as long as he left them alone then they wouldn’t bother him. He then said that he hadn’t heard of any psychotic packs either and Vulcan nodded. He then asked where he came from and Vulcan shrugged, “The place didn’t particularly have a name, if it did my father never bothered to tell me.” he said, his eyes narrowing as he mentioned his father. “And what about you? I’m guessing maybe you’ve been born here or something.” he said. Or maybe the boy was born from some other foreign land as well, hell he didn’t know.

Alarik

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-01-2017, 10:04 PM
even if it's just
in your wildest dreams
The male, Vulcan, seemed satisfied with the answers Alarik had given him. Alarik didn't think this place was much different than other continents. All places held their own dangers, but if one was smart those dangers could be avoided. He had to admit he was a bit surprised when the male gave away a bit of his past. Even if it was nothing more than a shred of information, it was something. He nodded, and then sighed a bit before giving a shred of his own past away.

"Actually, no," he said. "I was born in another land, but the pack I was born into was struggling, so my parents sent me here along with my older siblings and some guardians." Alarik couldn't help the way his voice took on a slightly distant quality. "I've lived in this place since I was about half a year old."

Vulcan

gems
size
build
player
07-01-2017, 11:15 PM
alarik

exit vulcan

The boy explained that he was born in another land as well, however his parents sent him away with a few older siblings and such. He nodded, well at least his parents took care of him and cared for him, and he was lucky he had siblings. “Alright,” he said, “Well you probably know more about this place than me,” he said, getting up to his paws and taking in a deep breath. “I’d say I would see you around, but I sort of doubt I would run into you again. Unless you have a permanent den somewhere around here, then it’s a possibility.” he said, he turned away and was off on his way.

ooc; we can always start another thread with these two if you’d like. i see both of them are hunters so maybe they can earn some skills together? <3

Alarik

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-02-2017, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2017, 07:06 AM by Alarik.)
even if it's just
in your wildest dreams
The other man stood to leave and Alarik gave him a nod and a friendly smile. Maybe the two would never see each other again. It was entirely likely, in such a large place. But if they were to meet again, Alarik thought he wouldn't mind. The other man was a bit grouchy, but he had his reasons. "Maybe we will see one another again," Alarik said with a smile, getting up and lightly shaking out his fur, which by now was mostly dry.

"Until then," he said, instead of goodbye. And then, as the Vulcan walked away, Alarik chose a different direction and took his leave as well.

-exit Alarik-