Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-01-2017, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2017, 04:17 PM by Pyralis.)
Navigation - The Ancient Oaks

Pyralis reclined under the great oaks, taking a rest in the shade on her way back to the canyon.  The afternoon was warm and lazy with just the faintest hint of a breeze.  Her mind was quiet for once.  It was a strange stillness she wasn't quite used to and she didn't know what to make of it but her energy was spent and so she just let the tendrils of her thoughts spin and unwind where they would.  When she returned she'd need to have a talk with her brother.  She needed to know what their plans were for the future.  This was an odd thing for her to care about.  She'd never cared before but then she'd had children and all at once it seemed like everything changed.  The present was suddenly fleeting and the future suddenly ominous.  A moth fluttered past her and she gazed at the sun on it's downward track.

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Pyre

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Athena I
07-01-2017, 05:51 PM

When he started on his journey he had thought to himself that there must be an edge to the world where there was just ocean and nothing else. Once he had found a shore and seen how expansive the water was it seemed impossible that the land would be just as huge. However, it felt like he had been walking for days and days had he still hadn't found and end to it all. He had run into a couple of beaches, but he kept turning back inland so maybe that was making his trip seem longer than it actually was. Or maybe he was going in circles. That seemed as likely as anything else. Especially since he was currently walking through the biggest trees he had ever seen in his whole life. Well, maybe the redwood trees in the north were this big, but he wasn't positive on that. It was hard to tell since he hadn't been that far north since he was really little. He walked with the ivy brushing his legs and his head tipped up to look at the massive, sprawling branches up above, not paying much attention to his surroundings otherwise.

Speech Thought Others

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-01-2017, 06:19 PM

Pyralis stared straight ahead at the hollowed out shell of an old oak tree that had been split by a great bolt of lightning. Her golden eyes were tracing the outline of its cracks and the texture of the bark. She marveled at the paleness of the bark and how it reminded her so much of bone. She was so caught up in her thoughts that when she saw the bright flicker of reds and oranges she thought it was a butterfly until she turned her head and froze. A man was standing there staring up at the trees and he was cloaked in a brilliant coat of fiery colors. Had she just managed to stumble into another fire spirit?

Pyralis stood up startled. "I, are… are you a fire spirit?"

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Pyre

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Athena I
07-02-2017, 08:11 AM

Pyre stopped mid-step, looking a bit comical with one forepaw left dangling in the air as his gaze turned from the trees to the darker, white splattered woman that was a short distance away. Her voice had caught him off guard, but not nearly as much as her question had. A.... fire spirit?" Of course his father had told him about his family and how they all had connected to some element or something in nature and Pyre was sure he was obviously supposed to be fire, but he hadn't really bought into the whole idea. He let his paw settle back on the ground as he turned to face the woman, taking a few steps closer to her so that it wouldn't feel so odd talking to her from a distance. "Um... sure, I guess. I mean, I guess me and fire have a close resemblance or something." What if all that element stuff was real and he just didn't know it? He hadn't met any of his family besides his sisters and dad so it was hard to tell if his father was just telling some big story or not.

Speech Thought Others

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-02-2017, 10:04 AM

The man seemed confused and she stared at him for a moment, wondering if he understood her language or if perhaps he referred to himself as something else. Either way he didn't seem to certain of her assessment and she didn't know quite what to make of that. How could he not know what he was? "You seem quite confused by my statement. Allow me to clarify. I've met another man with a radiant pelt that was a fire spirit and I thought you might also have… perhaps mystical origins. Or perhaps you are a mortal and there is some god or something somewhere that had shown you favor and marked you so?" She gazed at him a moment longer. "After all, your pelt is far from normal and must have some cause for being as it is."

"Talk" "You" Think

Pyre

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Athena I
07-02-2017, 09:05 PM

Hearing that someone else had some kind of fiery fur and that they called themselves a fire spirit made him wonder if he was missing out on something. Was there something that his father wasn't telling him? Or maybe his dad didn't know either. When she mentioned that his pelt was unusual and that was the reason behind her wondering such things about him his brows pulled together with thought. "I... didn't know my fur was that unusual." His words were honest, but now that he thought back on the other wolves he had met recently not a single one of them were colored like he was with the exception of that big, red wolf he had met on the battlefield. "My dad and sisters are all pretty colorful too... One of my sisters is purple and green mostly, but my other sister and my dad are yellow and orange colors." Maybe all of that was unnecessary information, but he oddly felt like he needed to justify his confusion. "My dad said something one time about us being connected to elements, but I thought he was just telling us a story."

Speech Thought Others

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-03-2017, 07:25 PM

Pyralis let a chuckle slip past her parted lips as he spoke of not realizing his coat was so unusual. He must not have wandered these lands long in that case and as he spoke of his family she nodded lightly. The he mentioned something about their family being connect to the elements. "Aha! Elemental spirits then, that makes sense. There are more to these lands then just mortal elements. My family line is descended from a great god. My name is Pyralis Abraxas, what is yours?" Her tail waved lightly in the air as she waited for his answer. He had to be a young spirit to be so unsure of himself.

"Talk" "You" Think

Pyre

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Athena I
07-03-2017, 09:27 PM

It seemed like she was pleased with the solution that he was indeed part of these elemental spirits. It was still hard for him to wrap his head around, but the idea was planted in his brain and it was a very appealing idea - especially once she revealed that she and her family were descendants of a god. The thought that he could be the embodiment or spirit of an element or that some god had blessed his family seemed like a stretch to him now, but it was something that he wanted to ask his father about next time he saw him. Just the little bit of information about this woman made him view her in a whole new, more interested light. When she told him her name he had to smirk a little bit, his tail wagging gently. "I'm Pyre Elementas." Pyralis and Pyre. It seemed almost like fate with their similar names. "I don't know a lot about my family or my lineage really. This makes me wish I did." Of course he loved his siblings and father because they were his family and he had to, but he wanted more. It was hard to look up to his dad when all he did was mope around. At least Pyralis seemed to have something in her family to be proud of.

Speech Thought Others

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-04-2017, 09:18 AM

Pyralis let out a chuckle at his name. I part because her family had often called her 'Pyre' as a nickname and also because his last name practically screamed elemental and made his confusion as to his lineage seem all the more hilarious. Her mood sobered a bit as he stated he didn't know much of his family. Her head tilted to the side and she gazed at him quietly. "What do you mean you don't know a lot about your family? Where are they?" She wondered if perhaps he'd been kidnapped or if they'd… did elemental spirits actually die or did they simply transition to another state of being? Pyralis realized she didn't really know.

"Talk" "You" Think

Pyre

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Athena I
07-16-2017, 01:32 PM

Pyre shrugged uncertainly when Pyralis questioned him on the whereabouts of his family. He wasn't the kind of kid to take these things too seriously, but when she seemed to grow more serious he felt like he should follow after her expression. "They disappeared. When my dad couldn't find them he left this land and met my mom and had me and my sisters, but then my mom died and he brought us back here. So it's just us. Apparently there was a lot of us at one point but..." He shrugged again, glancing away from her for a moment. He had never really considered his lack of family until now. Suddenly it seemed incredibly important. All the grad stories in the world about his family didn't really matter if there were no wolves to back it up, right?

"How do you know your family is from a great god?" he asked, looking at her a bit doubtfully. He had no reason to not believe her, but it was a question that was nagging at him. And if he was really part of these elemental spirits then why in the world was his father so... unimpressive? The pride this woman seemed to have in herself and her family was something Pyre felt himself gravitating towards like a one magnet drawn to another.

Speech Thought Others

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-19-2017, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2017, 06:57 AM by Pyralis.)

Pyralis felt as if she were just creeping onto a mystery of sorts as Pyre spoke of his family.  Apparently they were many at one point but now were no longer.  Fascinating.  Could their kind of been decimated for failing to live up to their lineage much like the fate that had befallen Ash's family?  It was curious indeed.  "But you have no idea where the others are?"

How do you know your family is from a great god?

Pyralis snorted. "Well, unlike your family we kept close ties and records of our lineage.  Ours never did break or fracture off into obscurity.  None in my family live that do not know their history or where they came from."  She gazed at Pyre for a moment.  "Would you like to meet some of my family?  I do not know if my brother Amon will know of the other gods that fell, if any of them may be of your past but it wouldn't hurt to ask."  Skia and some of the other Abraxas ladies might also appreciate Pyralis bringing home a treat.  She grinned and started to walk away, pausing to turn her head to look at the man.

"Coming?"

-exit-

ooc: I can start a new thread in the canyon, just pm me to let me know!

"Talk" "You" Think