An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
07-02-2017, 09:16 PM
Ash had sniffed out a pack here and it smelled real new. He sniffed around the border to see if anyone would come near. He wondered just how the packs had changed since he had bee a pup in Imperium. What kind of wolves lived in this area? What kind of leaders were the alphas? Were they kind and benevolent or were they the large and intimidating type?

There were so many possibilities, Ashmedai couldn't help but feel a little excited and daring. He didn't quite cross the border, but he tested it. He would draw near then give a short bark. Was anyone there?

He tried again, waiting to see if the alpha or some guard would approach. He wanted to know more. Where were the informative people when you wanted information?
Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
07-04-2017, 10:45 AM

Ganta had been out on another patrol when a voice at the border caught his attention. It was just up ahead and, as the male pressed on, he could make out the form of another male. He was pretty close to the border, though not necessarily over it, so Ganta didn’t get hostile. So long as their boundaries were being respected there was no need to fight willy nilly. Instead his ghostly gaze fell on the blue hues of the other brute and Ganta offered a small smile, speaking up as he closed the last of the distance between them.

“You stand at the borders of Dragoste, sir. I’m the Primul, the alpha… I’m Ganta Lore. What brings you to our borders today?” He asked softly, canting his head to the side. It felt like lately he’d been doing a lot more running around… but he supposed that was what being an alpha was about. There were a lot of things resting on his shoulders now and the young man was determined not to fail. Though his eyes shown with kindness, there was that determination within them as well.

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

Intermediate Intellectual (35)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
07-04-2017, 10:14 PM
When the male approached, Ashmedai gave him a once-over. Was he blind? Did he wear a horse's tail on his head? How did he make it stick? Why were his markings so sharp and pointy? What function did any of that- except maybe the neck fur- serve? Apparently wolves bred with lions in these parts. Was that possible? Perhaps it was the son or grandson of the lion that his mother de-tailed.

The male greeted Ashmedai kindly enough. Ganta, the prim- the alpha. He asked what brought Ashmedai to his borders.

"Is it wrong to say curiosity? Do wolves usually check out all the packs, or do they just join the first one they see?
Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
07-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Curiosity? Ganta arched a brow, but the smile that he kept on his face showed signs of being impressed. “To be honest I’m not sure. I think some, upon hearing what a pack is like, might decide it fits them… but that doesn’t mean that every pack is for everyone.” The brute lowered his back half to the ground, curling his tail around his toes. “But if you are curious about Dragoste… I’m more than happy to share our basic info with you.” Ganta closed his eyes, though it was clear by his posture that he was still very much so alert.

“First and foremost… the meaning of Dragoste… Love. We are a pack the celebrates differences, rather than breaks everyone down into the same sort of level. Everyone is different, and thus they should be able to specialize where their skills and hearts lie, no?” Ganta opened his eyes again. “My vision of Dragoste is a utopia… a place where we can have fun, have festivals and the like… but do not mistake us for weaklings or cowards.” Ganta’s face took on a more serious expression. “We know peace can come at a cost… and we’ll stand against those who hurt others, carving wickedness away from our friends, our families, and those in need.” Ganta let out a soft laugh. “Guess you call us a bit of neutral good pack. We won’t start trouble, but we sure as Hell will finish it.”

“I could go further into the festivals planned for each season if that interests you as well. I’m afraid I’m not the greatest at this, being a new alpha… but I can say this. Like any pack we offer unity, and a home… but it is the specifics that you must decide for yourself. Where you feel you’ll fit best.”

I'm here without you...

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
07-07-2017, 03:09 PM
The alpha spoke at length about the pack, not really sounding too crazy or outlandish. It sounded like a normal pack. Most packs wanted unity and peace but boasted that they could protect themselves if needed. It wasn't really a super compelling argument to say they valued difference. Though this alpha- as a wolf/horse or maybe wolf/lion hybrid- was quite different, packs always offered specialization into specific areas of interest.

He asked Ashmedai what he was interested in learning. Ashmedai was tempted to shrug, but tried to think of actual questions. Eventually some came to him.

"Well, festivals are interesting, but, like, where did you get your rank names? How do you handle inter-pack conflict. You said you were new, so maybe you don't know yet... Who was the alpha before you? Are they... still alive?"

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
07-07-2017, 03:33 PM
Ganta listened as the other male came up with his questions. He was sure that Dragoste sounded average… but Ganta wasn’t trying to sell his pack as anything out of the ordinary. He wanted it to be a home for his friends and family, a place they could all feel safe. So long as they had that… things would be alright. “The pack name, as well as the ranking names, come from words in another language -- Romanian. I’ve always found things that are outside the norm to be fascinating… though you might imagine why. I’m not exactly a normal wolf myself.” He gave a knowing smile.

“As far as inter pack conflict… right now it’s hard to say. Ideally the Tier Three and above ranks would get together and listen to both sides of the story, talk together, and then pass judgement. Among ourselves, save for trying for higher ranks, I’d rather discourage internal fighting, you know? So for now that duty would fall upon me and my mate.” Ganta frowned at the next question, shifting uncomfortably before averting his gaze away from the brute.

“You look to be about my age or so… right? So maybe you’ve heard of the man…” Ganta’s voice was low, for he did not share this information lightly. “My father was the one who inspired me to go after a pack. The wolves of Boreas knew him as Sin Hellstrom.” Ganta shifted his gaze back to the brute, rising to a standing position.

“...though I’ve raised Dragoste from the ground… rather than taking it from another alpha as my father had.” Ganta’s ghostly white eyes narrowed slightly. Little did he know that this wolf was an ex-Imperium member… one of the ones that destroyed Hellstrom. “Make no mistake… I may share Sin’s blood, but I am not exactly like him. I will carve my own path through this life… and my pack will know more times of peace rather than war.” Ganta shook his head.

“...and if you don’t know… the old man is dead. He was slain in battle some time ago.” Ganta furrowed his brow. “I want to be the antithesis of my father’s pack. The things he stood for… the evils and immoralities… I want to protect my pack from them, and the other packs of Boreas as well.”

I'm here without you...

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
07-07-2017, 05:03 PM
Ganta said that the names were based off of Romanian. Ashmedai didn't understand what kind of language that was at all. Ganta mentioned that he was an unusual wolf. "No kidding." Ashmedai breathed, still a little amazed. He wondered if Ganta was the type to be proud and showy about his differences. He didn't seem like it, but it was possible he thought himself better than others because of his... extra coating.

Regardless, Ganta explained a logical process for how to deal with inter-pack conflict. It seemed good enough. Ashmedai was glad to see that he wasn't denying the possibility of a pack conflict. He felt like everyone in Imperium could just fight things out for themselves.

Speaking of Imperium, Ganta mentioned that Sin Hellstrom was his father. Ashmedai felt like he was on thin ice suddenly. He laughed a little breathlessly, "I might'a heard of him when I was a bit younger." It wasn't a lie, but he did actually know of Sin's pack a lot better than he cared to admit.

Ganta seemed to be very different than his father, saying he wanted to protect others from the evils like his father. Ashmedai tilted his head, "Then why not go for a gladiator, savior-type pack? If you want to save people. No offense, I promise. I'm simply wondering."

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
07-23-2017, 04:26 PM

Ganta shifted his ears a little as Ashmendai answered him. He wasn’t one to judge, but guessing at the breathless laugh he knew exactly who Sin was. It was not something Ganta was proud of, for certain. He let out a little sigh. “I’m just sorry that wolves had to be hurt because of him… for the sake of my family. My littermates and I were just pups back then.” Ganta still didn’t look back at the other wolf, not until he mentioned the pack being a gladiator, savior-type of pack. He smiled at this, his gaze gentle.

“When Dragoste has it’s cause, it will fight for it, I assure you of that. We will not look for trouble, but when trouble stirs we’ll go to the frontlines and see what we can do for the sake of everyone.” Ganta shook his head, still smiling a little as he looked out into the lands beyond. “I guess, in the end Dragoste is an idealist’s pack. A pack of dreams… but whether or not such a thing can last, well, we’ll find out, won’t we?” That smile faded, more knowledge about the dangers of the world than he cared admit to this stranger brewing on his mind.

“But if one doesn’t at least try to stand for what they believe in, they might as well have stood for nothing at all.” Ganta shifted, his gaze turning to Ash. “I’ll be honest, there are wolves out there who are already on our list as bad ones. Wolves who threaten the innocent… and you can be assured that Dragoste is not just going to sit here and allow them to hurt the wolves of Boreas and Auster.” It was the last thing he’d say on the matter.

“Is there anything else you might wish to inquire about?”

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
07-23-2017, 07:17 PM
Ganta gave another spill about his pack and Ashmedai listened happily. It was fun listening to the different packs and their leaders. Seeing each one talk about their dreams was intriguing. It made Ashemdai wonder what he'd really want if he joined a pack one day.

Ganta said there were wolves his pack considered bad. Ashmedai tilted his head quizzically, "Like who? If it's secret pack intel, I understand, but I'd also like to be aware of any threatening wolves, you know being a loner. Besides, if you needed, maybe we could work out a... deal of some sort if I helped you find them? Ah- just offering. I bet food's gonna be pretty scarce this winter and I wouldn't mind working for some while being able to keep my freedom for now."

Lastly, Ganta asked if there was anything else he wanted to know. Ashmedai tilted his head to the other side now, "Yeah, kind of... What happened to your family? Do they all hold your father in contempt? I just wonder. I think all of my siblings liked my dad a good bit and wanted to be at least a little like him, so, in your situation, I don't know what I'd do as a pup."

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
07-31-2017, 12:56 PM

Ganta frowned as the male asked who the dangerous wolves might be. He had a point… though Ganta was praying that his family wouldn’t prey on the loners… but then again who else could they go after? He furrowed his brow, listening to the offer that the other had. “It’s not exactly secret…” He confessed, though he avoided looking directly at the other male. “I’ll accept your offer though. An extra set of paws helping us would be welcome, especially since well…” He trailed off. Not all the members of his pack were fighters. He looked back to Ash then, frowning deeply as he inquired about his family.

“That’s the thing… save for Shiro, and possibly Obscoro… the rest of my family is just as batshit crazy as the old man. Maybe more so. Rikeros, Forsaken, Enigma, and Paradox are the four I’m most concerned about.” Ganta paused again, directing his muzzle at Dragoste’s borders. “Riker’s scent may still linger just outside our borders. He tried to… leave an unwelcome present for my mate.” There was a flash of anger in Ganta’s eyes as he remembered the rabbit and her fetus’ spread near the border.

“They won’t hesitate to hurt others… particularly those of the Adravendi line.” Important to Ganta considering Roza’s biological family were the Adravendi wolves. “Tread cautiously… if you can find out any information about them it’d be appreciated… and rewarded too of course.” His expression softened a little. “I know the loner life can be hard… If there is something other than food you might need… just ask and I’ll see what my wolves can do.” Ganta shifted a little. It might have been odd, extending help to someone outside of his pack… but a favor for a favor, right? Who knew… Ash could be be a valuable asset to Dragoste even if he wasn’t a member.

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
08-05-2017, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2017, 05:02 PM by Ashmedai.)
Ashmedai's expression grew serious as he focused on engraving the names into his head. Shiro, Obscuro, Ganta were the "safe" ones. Rikeros, Forsaken, Enigma, and Paradox were the crazies. Okay, got it. Rikeros's scent was on the pack borders? Perfect.

Ashmedai felt incredibly lucky to share common enemies with this pack. This might just prove beneficial for them all. "Does anything stand out about the others? Odd colors... Uh- hair? Markings?? Scars?"

Ashemdai's lopsided smile grew just a tad more crooked than normal, a glint firing up in his eyes. "I guess the real question here is how do you want them: dead or alive? I can't make too many promises, but I can try my best."

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
08-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Ganta gave a small nod as Ashmendai asked for identifying features of his siblings. “Riker is missing an eye, scars over it and among his coat. Enigma also has facial scarring and is well… he can’t have kids.” Ganta breezed over that, thinking of the best way to describe them all. “Riker is more of an off-white than Sin, but he has the same sort of golden eye. Enigma’s eyes are golden too, bears a mostly white coat with black and dark brown. Paradox, my sister, is pure white with dark blue eyes… and Forsaken… He’s more of mother’s coloration, a brown with some white and dark brown. His eyes too are golden.” Ganta looked beyond the borders before he answered the next question. “As much as I hate to say this… It’d be safer if they were dead. But do not feel obligated to take any of them out yourself.” His gaze shifted back to Ash, giving a small smile. “What would you say to a quick spar, hmm? A sort of… pact making one. To solidify our deal with each other.”

I'm here without you...

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
08-07-2017, 08:01 PM
Ashmedai nodded along as Ganta listed off his siblings looked like. Okay, so some were a little more generic than others. Oh well, it would have to do.

Ganta said he'd prefer them dead, though he didn't expect Ash to do that himself. Ashmedai cocked his head, "Well I'll sure do my best."

A spar, eh? "Nothing bonds blood like blood spilled," he said a little darkly.

The duo distanced themselves about 10 feet apart (Okay'd by Keno). Ash got started on his defenses.

Ashmedai rolled his shoulders, pushing the extra skin around his neck for protection. Likewise, he tucked his chin and lowered his head to help block access to his neck from the smaller man. His ears flattened, eyes narrowed, and nose wrinkled, his whole face scrunching to deflect injuries from his eyes and provide easy access to his teeth. His hackles stood along his back, his fur fluffing out to pad his skin against bites and scratches. Ash's tail flagged out for balance, his knees bending and weight distributing evenly for added agility while his claws dug into the ground for traction.

Well, he assumed he was supposed to start. Ashmedai kicked off, attempting to close the distance between the him and his opponent. He was a good deal bigger than Ganta and aimed to play on it. Ashmedai aimed to step to his left and ram his right shoulder just above Ganta's right shoulder between where the shoulder and chest met. Simultaneously, Ash lifted his right forepaw, redistributed his weight to his other three legs and aimed to stomp on Ganta's right forepaw, hoping to pin it and dig into the webbing between Ganta's toes with his (Ash's) claws.

Ashmedai tilted his head to his left and opened his jaws wide. He aimed to snake his head around and bite and grip the spot just behind Ganta's right ear at the base of his skull. Hopefully this would put Ganta in a position to where it was hard to attack.

Ashmedai vs Ganta for Spar
Round: 1/2
Height: 42"
Build: Heavy