Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-03-2017, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2017, 04:18 PM by Pyralis.)
Navigation - Fossil Ridge

Ok, so Pyralis wasn't the most focused of wolves sometimes.  She went where the wind and her mood took her and at some point on the way to the dam she'd gotten distracted and they now found themselves in a land south of a great castle.  It was a strange place full of upturned earth and bones.  Pyralis bent down and sniffed at a particularly large skull that looked like it out to belong to a dragon or something. "Faine! Faine!  Take a look at this one!"  She reached down and sniffed at it but couldn't make out much more than the stench of earth, old earth.  Tail wagging she stepped back and pawed at it a bit, scraping off more dirt.  She really wanted to take it home with her but it was clearly way to big.

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-03-2017, 08:22 PM

Faine had realized a long time ago that they were not going to the dam anymore but she didn’t bother to say anything, mainly because she didn’t really mind. She instead let Pyralis lead the way and let them wander to wherever they would go. She noticed that the castle could be seen from this place, but suddenly the large woman was calling for her so she trotted over to her side. Before them was a huge skull and her eyes grew wide, “Wow…” she said, “Something that large used to live around here, that’s amazing,” she said in awe.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: hQBYkJZ.png]
ᴏʜ, ᴡᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-04-2017, 09:32 AM

Pyralis nodded eagerly. "Kind of freaky isn't it? I wonder if there are still living creatures like this lurking somewhere on some remote island." She'd remember hearing stories of fantastic creatures as a child. Of dragons and monsters and all sorts of spirits and strange creatures. Her head tilted up to look at the castle and she grinned mischeviously. "Maybe one of them lives up there in that funny looking mountain. Hey, do you want to check that out next or do you have to be heading home soon?"

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-04-2017, 06:07 PM

these stars defy

love

so i close my eyes

“Oh gosh, I hope not,” she said as Pyralis noted that there was probably a possibility that there was still something of that size lurking around somewhere. The taller woman then looked up to the castle, stating that maybe something lived in there and Faine shook her head. “I’ve been there before,” of course she had, she lived there, “It’s just a bunch of old rocks, not very exciting,” she said, as Pyralis asked if she wanted to go over there. Faine was a bit apprehensive on bringing this stranger to Talis. Mostly because she still was a bit wary about the whole servant situation and such, and she didn’t know how Dragon would react if she just started bringing travellers to their territory. “I should be getting home soon too, I have a few friends who live with me and I don’t want them to worry is all,” she said. “But we can keep on looking around this place, maybe we’ll find a giant rib cage or something like that.”

171 words, pyralis

©

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-05-2017, 08:42 PM

Pyralis grinned at Faine as she said she hoped there wasn't anything like these creatures still around. "Oh, where's your sense of adventure? I bet we could take one." She winked, showing she was just kidding. Pyralis loved a challenge but even she knew when she was outmatched. Faine stated that she'd been to the castle but that didn't deter Pyralis. "Ah, that's ok. I'll just go myself some time. It looks like weird human work and it's certain to have dark magic in it somewhere." She had had limited experience with human dwellings but there were always things that felt distinctly wrong to her. Things that were not as they should be. Trees that were flat and straight. Walls that were smooth and perfectly vertical unlike the natural, rolling forms of a cave. Perverted nature. That's what it seemed like to her.

She grinned. "Don't worry, I won't keep you long! A ribcage sounds like a good idea." Pyralis set about looking to see what she could find, overturning bone after bone until she rammed her paw into something and yelped. "What measly mutton-headed mutt made the mistake of dying right there." She gazed down at wolf skill that was just sticking out of the earth as if it had frozen solid in place, gasping for breath. The jaws parted slightly but the eye sockets barely above the dirt. Well… it wasn't a ribcage.

"Talk" "You" Think

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-05-2017, 09:33 PM
The woman said that she would go by herself sometime, and Faine nodded. By then, Pyralis would probably notice the pack borders and hopefully she wouldn’t trespass. “Human dwellings?” she asked, Faine was unaware of what humans were and such so she was pretty clueless when it came to that.

Pyralis agreed that a giant ribcage sounded like a good idea and she followed as the larger femme would begin to look through the bones. Faine was distracted by her own search when suddenly she heard a yelp and she immediately turned around. She quickly trotted over only to see a wolf skull on the ground, “Oh…” she said, well she had seen bones but not wolf bones. Slightly unsettling but she was a healer so she had already readied herself to see gore and such when the time came. “Are you okay?” she asked, “Sounded like you were in pain,” she noted, and of course, she would offer help if needed.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-06-2017, 07:48 PM

Pyralis sat back and lifted her left forepaw which was bleeding heavily on top from where she'd bashed it right against the skulls fangs, one of which was embedded in her paw. "Son of a bitch… yea… I just bashed my paw really good. I don't suppose you'd be able to take a look at it?" She held the paw out to Faine, wondering what the healer thought and cursing her bad luck. This would really put a damper on her exploring. Perhaps it was about time to head back home after all. "It's not too bad right, I'll still be able to walk on it…?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-07-2017, 02:17 PM
The taller woman cursed and explained that she had bashed her paw, asking if Faine could take a look at it. Her carmine gaze looked down to see a copious amount of blood and a fang sticking into her paw. “Oh, gosh,” she said, “Okay, first thing we need to do is get that fang out and stop the bleeding,” she said. She didn’t have any herbs on her but she was aware that somewhere close there was a land plentiful of them, “Once I fix it up, I recommend some rest so it has a bit of time to heal,” she said, “You can still move around, just try not to put too much pressure on it.” she explained to the female, “Do you think you’ll be able to get that fang out or do you want me to pull it out?” she asked.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-07-2017, 07:00 PM

Of all the luck! Pyralis was still cursing herself. Faine probably thought she was a klutzy idiot rather than a skilled warrior the way she managed to bumble into that but there wasn't anything she could do about it now. What happened had happened. She listened to the healers words and nodded. "Yea, I think I can get it one sec." Pyralis lifted her paw to her jaws and set about carefully working her teeth around the fang until she managed to tug the thing out with a sharp jerking motion of her head. She spat it out and kicked it away. Good riddance! "Still can't believe I did that. I'm not normally that klutzy." She lapped a bit at the bleeding. "Ok, what now?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Faine merely smiled, “It’s okay, honestly I might’ve done the same thing,” she said, and she probably would’ve. She had been looking around for a giant rib cage too so she probably wouldn’t have seen it either. “Okay, I know a territory that’s close to here that has a lot of herbs, I’m going to need to bandage it up and get something so it can heal quicker and nicely.” she said, “You can stay here for a few minutes while I go get them, I shouldn’t take too long,” she told the woman and turned away, quickly making her way to gather such herbs. Thinking in her mind of what she would need.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-07-2017, 07:54 PM

Pyralis delicately set the paw down for a moment, testing her weight and she winced. It wasn't horrible but it definitely would slow her down significantly. Ugh… Lydia was going to be all huffy about it in that quiet, self-righteous way she always was. Submissive the girl definitely was but there were certain edges to her mannerisms at times. Hidden daggers in her words. Pyralis hadn't bothered to stamp out that particular vein of insubordination since she rather liked the challenged but it could be annoying at times.

Pyralis nodded to Faine and moved to lay down next to a particularly massive spinal column with but a few ribs to wait while the healer went to get her herbs.

"Talk" "You" Think

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-07-2017, 08:10 PM
Faine had grabbed a bit of lamb’s ear and some marigold, and once she thought she had grabbed enough she quickly rushed back towards the wounded woman. Trotting over and flicking her tail, she placed the herbs down and looked at the woman. “Okay, so this,” she pushed the lamb’s ear forward. It was a soft herb and she would use it to bandage up the wound, “It’s lamb’s ear, if you got a small scrape this is all I would need because it helps with smaller wounds and such, and it’s good to cover up wounds as well.” she explained, and then she pushed forward the marigold, “This is marigold, the petals will help heal your wound,” she told the woman. She looked at the wound, the bleeding had slowed significantly since Pyralis had licked it and the healer was rather grateful because now it was much cleaner.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-07-2017, 08:22 PM

Pyralis yawned and waited paitently while Faine went to gather whatever it was she needed and in no time at all the healer had returned with a bundle of herbs. She would really have to be heading back soon but she was almost half tempted to take a nap here first. Though, she supposed sleeping in a veritable graveyard was not the best idea. Pyralis tried to listen as Faine talked about lamb's ear and what it was used for as well as the marigold but her mind was already drifting and all she could managed to do was smile and node absently. Plants just weren't her thing. "The marigolds are pretty, I wouldn't mind them for a den decoration." Pyralis stretched out her paw to allow Faine easier access. "So, Faine, why did you decide to become a healer?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-07-2017, 08:38 PM
The ruby sylph smiled when Pyralis said that the flowers pretty, saying she would mind them as decorations in her den. “They’re good for bug bites, stings, and burns as well.” she told the female, “And when chewed they help with sore throats and gum pain. So they are nice to have around,” she said as she would carefully place the petals upon the wound on her paw. “I’m sorry if this hurts, I’m not meaning to,” she said, she wasn’t trying to put a lot of pressure or anything. However, she would have to lightly push the flowers into the wound and once she was done she grabbed the lamb’s ear. Licking the leaves and placing them on top of the wound which was now packed with marigold petals. “When I was rather young,” she said, “My father was a healer, a scholar of sorts and he taught my mother all that he knew.” she said, “And then my mother and I had to leave due to some danger, and she taught me everything my father taught her,” she said.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-07-2017, 08:57 PM

At the mention of bug bites Pyralis began to pay a bit more attention to the use of marigolds. She knew when the wet season was in full swing her kids would be at risk for bug bites and she would need to have something to help them. Though… wasn't that what she'd abducted Lydia for? Pyralis laughed. "Don't worry about hurting me. This is a mere scratch to many of my past injuries." Faine continued to work on her paw. "How long should I wait before I start my journey again? I should probably get going soon."

She listened as Faine described what had gotten her interested in healing. Danger? Now that was an interesting tidbit of family history but the way Faine had worded it made Pyralis believe that it was probably highly personal but she couldn't quite stop herself. "Danger? Like mutiny? Did your father mange to make it out?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-07-2017, 09:22 PM
“A day or two of rest should be good enough,” she said, “It was bleeding a lot but I don’t think it’s that severe to be honest, so don’t worry about it too much,” she explained and smiled, “And while you’re resting you can test that lavender on your pups,” she said and flicked her tail.

“Oh yeah danger…” she said and sighed softly, “Well, I lived on a beach with my parents, my brother, and my aunt. However, when my brother and I were very small a band of rogues attacked us,” she said, “They kidnapped my brother and while my father and aunt were fighting them off he told my mother and I to run. So we did, and I’ve never seen any of them since. Kind of sad but I try not to think about it anymore, I don’t really try to let a lot of things bother me anymore,” she said. It was true, she didn't think about it often because she didn't like being in a negative mood all the time. Maybe once in awhile, she'll wonder how they're doing or if they're even alive but that's about it. Not like many wolves asked anyways.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-08-2017, 08:02 AM

Ack, two days! Pyralis was hoping that Faine would say she only needed to rest for maybe an hour. "Well… do you have any recommendations on what would be a good place to rest? I bet there are some nice shady spots in those stones up there." She gestured to the castle. "No way I'm sitting out here baking in a graveyard."

Faine mentioned her family history. Oh, she lived on a beach? Pyralis had always been fond of the sea and such a residence made sense to her. She remained respectfully silent as the woman told her tale of being separated from her family. Pyralis was familiar with this story…. but she'd always been in the raiding party and she resisted the urge to smile wickedly. She got a kick out of breaking up families and the last one she'd split apart she'd kidnapped a young pup to use as bait after she bashed his head in. Faine didn't seem the sort to find that at all amusing so Pyralis kept it to herself.

"That's wise of you. It's not like you can change anything in the past anyway so why live there?" That was what she'd always told herself when her demons started to sneak out of the basement she kept them in, trying to claw through her history to the present.

"Talk" "You" Think

Faine

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-08-2017, 11:37 AM
Pyralis still had interest in the castle and Faine shook her head, “There is a wooded area that’s much cooler than that place,” she said, flicking her tail and such. The taller woman said something about not being able to change her past and she nodded.

“Yeah…” she said and looked around, “I think it’s time I get back,” she said and smiled, “Maybe I’ll see you around again, hopefully, your paw get’s better,” she noted and looked down at it. She got up from her seat, “It was a pleasure meeting you Pyralis,” she nodded, taking note of her name and appearance.
[ exit faine ]

Walk, "Talk" Think

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-14-2017, 11:00 PM

Pyralis dipped her head in farewell as she watched Faine turn to leave. She stayed put for awhile until the other wolf had disappeared, swallowed by the horizon. The throbbing in her paw was starting to ease but she wasn't sure she wanted to move just yet but then again the heat from the sun was going to bake her if she stayed put. Turning her gaze once more to the desolate area full of bones she wondered at the world before whatever disaster lead to the birth of this place of death. She lingered for a moment more before heading into the wooded area. She could always return some other time to find decorations for her den.

-exit-

"Talk" "You" Think