Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Church
07-03-2017, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2017, 08:32 PM by Dumois.)
OOC Waring; Strong language ahead

“UGH! This is just the WORST!” He lamented, his head tilting back as he cried out into the swamp. Birds were chirping lively, flowers were in bloom, and the whole world seemed to be attesting to the gift of life now that the snow had finally thawed and winter had come to end. Spring was generally accepted as a peaceful and happy time of the year, but to the serpent king it meant only one thing; Being another year older. The idea of his vibrant fur graying and even one day developing cataracts over his extraordinary eyes had always been a reason for the usually lively priest to be concerned. His appearance was after all the most important thing into the world as far as he was concerned and the fact that it would someday lose it’s luster was nearly devastating. He had checked every inch of his fur making sure there wasn’t a white hair in sight before checking his face in one of the few clear pools of water in the otherwise murky swamp. He checked and rechecked for any sign of wrinkles before he was finally able to relax and shake out his fur. Still flawless. Spring wasn’t all bad he supposed, wolves would find it safer to travel or at least traveling through the swamp would be easier. If he was lucky he would find some other soul he could share his gift with, or maybe he would be luckier and find someone who would cozy down with him for the night.  "ɹəsıʍ ɹɐəʎ əuo ɹəpๅo ɹɐəʎ əuO" A voice- either Valentin's or Papa Legba whispered in his mind. "Oh fuck you." He grumbled in response. Even if it had been over a season ago, his last journey into the crossroads had been recent enough for the voices of the dead and the Loa to follow him into the mortal plane.

speaking
sɹədsıɥM əɥꓕ

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

Intermediate Intellectual (35)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
07-04-2017, 01:04 AM
Well, he had definitely never been here before. He wandered a little carefully, looking at all the patches of... things. The whole land was pretty squishy and he couldn't say he loved it. Ashmedai much preferred places where he could run without worrying about falling into the ground.

"Okay, cool, so just, walk through quickly and get the heck out of squish land," Ashmedai thought. He picked up the pace, his eyes scanning for any sinky spots.

"Oh, fuck you," A voice resonated. Ashemdai looked over to see a purple wolf. Well, he had run into several red ones, so he guessed they came in purple now too. Was he talking to Ash? Well, there was no one else here, so...

Ashmedai faced him, "Haha, you wish, blackberry." Ashmedai's voice wasn't without humor. He was trying to figure out why a random, brightly colored male would just see a very large, unassuming, slate wolf and immediately think, "wow, fuck this guy."
Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Dumois

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Church
07-04-2017, 03:35 PM
He looked up, startled and looked around to find the source of the sudden voice “Well bon apremidi to you too cher!” He greeted chipperly as his eyes fell on the slate male, his tail tossing languidly behind him. “Can’t say I’ve ever been called a blackberry before.” He remarked, slinking through the muck toward the other male as easily as if he were gliding. “Can’t say I mind terribly either.” He grinned, showing off his unfortunately stained teeth. “Dumois Rosario at your service.” He said, raising one of his brightly colored paws and taking a deep bow as he introduced himself, his nose just inches away from dipping into the sludgy ground. “And you are?” He asked, eyeing the man expectantly with his serpentine eyes glittering with delight. He could see the other male’s discomfort in the swamp although as far as he was concerned that was normal, even Valentin hadn’t shared his love for the darker foggier lands where reptiles and other strange creatures lurked all but undetected.

"Talk"  Thought "You"

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
07-04-2017, 09:19 PM
Ashmedai watched as the other male sunk happily through the muck. He couldn't say he shared the same enthusiasm for muck as he did for snow. Whatever he was speaking was definitely only half common language. The other language was... something else... obviously.

No one had called him blackberry? Score one for Ashmedai's creative nicknames. The male- Dumois Rosario- flashed a stained smile at him. Ashmedai wasn't too phased. Wolf teeth went through a lot in a lifetime. Maybe this dude was just a little old.

He asked Ashmedai's name and got what he requested, "I'm Ashmedai. Native of not squishy squish land, though you look pretty comfortable." Maybe the male was just better at hiding his disgust than Ashmedai.
Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Dumois

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Church
07-05-2017, 01:21 PM
“Adaptability is a virtue cher.” He purred in response and flicked the muck from the end of his tail carelessly. “But seein’ how you are- as you put it- not a native, why don’t we find somewhere dryer where we can carry on our palaver.” He said, grinning from ear to ear. He fully intended to bring him back to the stone staircase leading to his den but whether or not he would ask Dumois to use his talents still remained to be seen. Without waiting for a response he began to wade through the sludge and stagnant water, heading toward the caverns near the swamp’s edge. The den he had made for himself no doubt consisted of an unused chamber of the cave, but its entrance; a large tree with gnarled roots sitting on top of a shelf of boulders, could only be accessed through the swamp. “So tell me Ash- you don’t mind if I call you ash do you?- What brings you to my lovely land of ‘squish’?” He asked without waiting to find out if his companion didn’t mind his nickname or not. Even if he hadn’t it was only fair after being referred to as a blackberry.

speaking

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
07-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Adaptability was a virtue? "Are you adaptable in all respects, or did you just adapt to the squish?" Ash asked with a lopsided smile on his face.

Well, apparently they were going to somewhere dryer. Ashmedai couldn't complain. Dryer land was much more preferable. Besides, if the male tried anything, Ashmedai would love to see how someone might drown in such muck... not that he had been thinking about it.

Dumois called him Ash. Ashmedai quirked a brow, "Come on, you can be more creative than that," he teased. The other asked what brought him to the land of the squish. Ashmedai shrugged, "I was feeling adventurous, I guess. Thought I might find some crazy prey to wrestle down. You?"

Dumois

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Church
07-07-2017, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2017, 08:14 AM by Dumois.)

“Anything and everything Cher.” He purred in response to  Ashmedai’s first question as they carried on together through the swamp. The slate male challenged him to come up with a better name and the serpent king grinned to himself.  “Well alright then Bluebird. He chimed. They moved deeper and deeper into the swamp and just as he asked what had brought him to the swamp they arrived at his den.  “Why, I live here Bluebird.” He chimed and leapt onto one of the large rocks he had painted strange figures into with deep ruby berries. The path leading to the large white barked tree was a stone staircase, the corners of which were adorned with painted skulls of various animals like raccoons and opossums. He shook the muck from his fur and climbed further to give the other male enough space to join him on the dry rocks that had been warmed by the bright Spring sun. “Goan Bluebird, hop on up” He said and laid down on the shelf he had chosen, making himself comfortable. "¿əɥ ʇˌusı ʎʇsɐʇ ɹəɥʇɐɹ ʞooๅ oʇ ɓuıʇɹɐʇs sˌəH" Erzulie purred in his mind, and he found himself needing to clear his throat to regain his concentration.

speaking
sɹədsıɥM

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
07-07-2017, 02:16 PM
As the two trudged through the swamp, they continued talking. Dumois nicknamed Ashmedai bluebird and ash shrugged with a lopsided grin. That would work for now. They eventually came to some rocks and Dumois announced that he lived here. Ashmedai didn't bother to hide the slight surprise on his face, "Sounds... fun."

"Sounds messy with nights full of damp, muddy fur," Ashmedai thought.

Dumois jumped up and moved over so that Ashmedai could join him. Ash did and easily leaped atop the rock, glad to have solid ground beneath him. Ash sat and Dumois laid down beside him. A few moments passed in silence.

"So... what is there to do around here?" Ashmedai asked casually.

Dumois

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Church
07-08-2017, 09:56 AM

“Me for starters.” He said coquettishly and instantly chased it with loud boisterous laughter. “Funny you should ask actually, as it just so happens you’ve found the single most interesting wolf on this hunk of land you and I call home.” He said proudly, tossing his head back as he spoke. “I happen to be a healer of sorts… I’m a priest, a healer of the soul” He said cheerfully, his tail thumping happily as he spoke. “I can speak to the dearly departed, I can curse whoever’s crossed you, I can look into your future, and I can ask the Loa to bless you.” He said, his eyes closing as he rattled off the extensive list of his services.” For a price that is.” He added, a wide grin splitting his features. Dumios’s usual fee for his journeys into the crossroads was food, but he had already managed to keep himself well fed now that Spring had come.

"Talk"  Thought "You"

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
07-08-2017, 11:00 AM
The other male made a quick pass that Ash could do him. Ashmedai laughed. Maybe if he washed off a little first. It's not that he was bad looking or anything, and Ashmedai was always down for a good time, it was just the sludge feeling that made Ashmedai cringe inwardly.

Dumios bragged, saying that he was the most interesting wolf on "this hunk of land you and I call home."

"No doubt about that," Ashmedai breathed a little incredulously.

So apparently Dumios was some form of... something spirit talker or something. Okay, whatever, Ash could play with that. He quirked a smile, "Really? Then how about we give my dear departed mother a little howl and you tell my future a little. What'll it cost me?"