Diarmuid

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
07-03-2017, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2017, 09:01 PM by Diarmuid.)

It'd been awhile since he'd really seen or scented Domari, and his waning presence made him grow a bit worried. He didn't expect any of the Xanilov children to stay by his side all the time - they were grown now, but they would always be children to him no matter how independent they might be - but he'd promised to guard them as he once had Raesa, and Valeriya after her. It wasn't a promise he was willing to break unless instructed to.

After some searching, he caught his scent trail again and followed it diligently. It took him to the edge of a vast, flat plain and he narrowed his eyes as he glanced over it. This was a pack area, and yet it seemed Domari's scent lingered here. It was a fresh trail, too, so he was fairly sure he might still be here. Curious, and admittedly feeling rather protective over the Xanilov man, he stopped at the edge of the border and peered across the field. Seeing nothing of note, he lifted his head to the sky and let loose a commanding call, looking for whoever ruled this place or even simply Domari himself.

"Talk" "You" Think
Name is pronounced deer-mid

Dómari

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantDouble Master
07-14-2017, 08:43 PM
Seabound and Aimless at Best

Dómari was hard at work as the afternoon sun beat down on his shoulders. He'd made his den and storage den on the edge of the moor and while it was still a good ways from the heart of the swamp, he wanted to be sure that he was safe from flooding and so he was setting about fortifying his densite. He was working on moving a particularly large log when a commanding call rang out at the borders of Celestial. Dómari flinched. That was Diarmuid… crap they'd been found out. Not that it was that surprising. Someone was bound to come looking for him and Alarik eventually and while Dómari was excited to see Diarmuid again he just wasn't sure how the man would react.

The boy sighed. Well, he couldn't hide out forever. Shifting his course he headed toward the source of the call where he saw the older man waiting for him. Dómari grinned sheepishly. "Hey Diarmuid, I guess I have some explaining to do, huh?"

Diarmuid

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
07-16-2017, 09:27 AM
Diarmuid stood as motionless as a stone until his call was answered. First by Domari, thankfully. He'd been hoping to get the story out of him before having to question a stranger about where his... friend might be. He wasn't sure what else to classify the boy as, if someone asked. In a way, he was more like family, but to call him a son would be.. ah, well, no need to rationalize that one right now. His expression cracked when Domari's features came into view, noting immediately that he looked bashful. Perhaps a bit embarrassed that he'd come here without letting Diarmuid know? He couldn't blame him, and wouldn't fault the boy for not checking in with him. He was fully grown now, after all, and though Diarmuid still felt responsible for him he was very much his own man now - as much as the thought displeased him.

He returned the grin with a gentler one of his own, his expression rather stoic still - though it was difficult to mask the warmth that shone through his crimson gaze. "I'd say so," he commented with an air of playfulness, his tail flicking lightly behind him. He was pretty sure he couldn't be angry with the Xanilov children, no matter what they did; he'd sworn himself to serve them willingly until his last breath, no matter what paths they chose. "This place-" Diarmuid made a grand gesture with his head, sweeping his gaze across the plains. "Is this your home now?" On his scent he caught a whiff of Alarik, too, but he'd save that question for next.

Regulus

Somnium
Ascended

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
07-23-2017, 04:31 AM
Regulus Anatolii Adravendi

He’d been on patrol when he heard the howl for Domari. It was an open call, however, and included a voicing for a leader as well. He arced his path around to head toward the howl. It hadn’t been urgent, so he took his time. By the time he arrived, Domari had already reached the male at the borders.

Regulus stood back, letting them talk while he studied the scarred fellow. Older, but with that mask, he must be related in some way to Domari and Alarik. Finally, he stepped forward, posture easy-going as ever, but with that gentle air of calm authority.

“Welcome to the borders of Celestial. I am Regulus Anatoli Adravendi, the Archangel – or leader – of the pack. I take it you’re here to see Domari and Alarik?” His tone was as pleasant as his posture, but the fathomless sapphires still studied the male with an avid, calculating gaze. This one was a fighter, with how he carried himself, and those scars. A possible asset, surely, if he wished to join. But with the birth of Marina’s children, that brought the pack precariously close to overpopulation.

He knew, deep down, that this meant he would have to make some hard choices, whether it meant vying with another pack in order to expand the territory, or sending a few wolves off to follow new paths. The latter option almost brought an audible sigh to his jaws.

[Image: T8yHvja.png]

Dómari

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

07-29-2017, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2017, 09:12 PM by Dómari.)

The afternoon sun was warm on his back and it gave him some comfort.  He wasn't going to apologize for his decision but he really didn't want to hurt anyone like he had and in hindsight he knew he should've told someone but he was an adult now.  On top of that it seemed like his other siblings were always wandering off anyway.

Diarmuid asked if this place was his home now and Dómari nodded.  "I'm sick of wandering aimlessly, I wanted a place to settle down in and I found this one.  I… Diarmuid I have some bad news.  Ebony fell some time back and Raisa is gone.  The alpha here knew of the pack.  I'm sorry, our quest has been for naught and so Alarik and I decided to make a fresh start."  He hoped the older man could understand, though he wondered how his other siblings would react.

Soon Regulus appeared and approached the pair.  Dómari nodded.  "You can trust him Regulus, he is a brave and loyal wolf and has been looking out for us since we were very small."

Diarmuid

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
08-03-2017, 10:22 AM
Diarmuid had little reaction to the news that Dómari had chosen to settle here; it mattered little to him what the Xanilov children did (not that they were children anymore, not really, but they always would be to him). So long as they were safe and content, he too would sleep soundly at night - though he couldn't help the nagging urge to protect and defend them as he had been tasked to do. Doing so in a pack, at their sides, would be far easier than doing it from afar.

Slight amusement glimmered in his eyes at Domari's initial words. He seemed bashful, almost, at making a decision without at the very least letting Diarmuid know. Though he'd been on his own for awhile now it seemed he still struggled to make choices on his own - perhaps worried what his siblings would think, and where they would want to go now. Hearing Ebony had fallen made his expression soften, fading into an unreadable frown. Raisa was gone? He knew the woman well, though it'd been a long time since he'd seen her last. Since she instructed him to follow Valeriya. The thought made his stomach sink -- clearly Domari had heard no news of his mother, either, or he would've brought it up already. He thought of her often, praying to gods he wasn't sure even existed that she was safe and well back in the lands of his home, that her pack was flourishing and she was truly content.

"Can't say I blame you," Diarmuid admitted gruffly. It made sense that he and Alarik might want to settle down and start a new life away from their aimless wanderings. The thought was a pleasant one even to him. His attention focused on Domari for a long while before shifting to the wolf that had initially answered his call.

He'd never seen such a vibrant creature before; his pelt was a stunning crimson with sharp blue eyes standing out against his pelt. He nodded at his greeting, etching his name and title to memory. "Correct. My name is Diarmuid. Loyal guard to the Xanilov family." Perhaps a strange occupation - but one he never questioned. He was no slave, but a loyal follower and guard. He'd given up his freedom as a child to train to serve in Ebony's armies, first for his family's ensured safety living on the outskirts of their lands, but finally because he truly grew to love and care for them. His servitude was willing, and he hoped Regulus would not question it, and he dipped his head low to show respect. "I'd like to join Domari and Alarik here. If you'll have me, and if they don't mind." Diarmuid glanced sideways at Domari, searching for his assent. It came as a possibility to him that they might not want him around forever, and if they hinted they were better off without his presence he wouldn't question it. Perhaps it'd hurt, but he wouldn't protest.

Regulus

Somnium
Ascended

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
08-13-2017, 08:57 PM

Domari’s pronouncement to the other male that Regulus could be trusted brought a faint smile to the Archangel’s features, but his eyes remained on the male as he continued to study him. Diarmuid introduced himself, and Regulus dipped his head, acknowledging the male’s importance in the lives of the two young males he’d accepted into his pack.

“It’s good to meet you, Diarmuid. However, I regret to inform you that Celestial is nearing a point where we must either send wolves on their way, or... expand, to avoid overpopulation. Otherwise, I would happily take you if you prove worthy. In the interest of future possibility, though, I could test you now, and should we have room in the future, you could come to join then?” His head was cocked as he voiced the suggestion, interested to see how Diarmuid would respond.

He hoped the male would agree. He’d like to see what he could provide to the pack. No doubt he was a skilled fighter, and he bore the good manners of a diplomat.

Dómari

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

08-26-2017, 09:54 AM

Dómari's heart skipped a beat as Diarmuid asked to join him and Alarik in Celestial. His tail started to wag at the thought of his little family growing larger and settling down. If Diarmuid joined then perhaps the others would as well? He was a bit unsure about Diarmuid joining them. In Celestial he and Alarik had a support system and a safe home with boundaries and guards where as his wandering siblings had only themselves. Surely Diarmuid would be needed more there? Then again, he knew how independent the members of his family were. They were old enough now to be on their own.

However, it seemed that it wasn't meant to be. Dómari hadn't considered the vast and growing population of Celestial. His face fell and Diarmuid was turned down. If Diarmuid wasn't allowed to join he couldn't see his other siblings being to join either. He kept silent but shot an apologetic look to Diarmuid. He didn't know what to say.

Diarmuid

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
08-27-2017, 06:50 PM
It was rare that Diarmuid was truly caught by surprise. He was calculated and deliberate, never acting before careful assessment and almost always able to anticipate the correct outcome in most scenarios. But to hear Regulus deny his offer to join - he did so politely, and his reasons made sense - made him pause. Briefly his lips twitched down, in a semblance of a frown before his expression leveled out again. Part of him wanted to insist, but he knew no amount of words would convince Regulus that he was an asset worth the risk. Hell, even worth kicking someone else out over. He was trained in battle tactics, a member of Old Ebony's elite guardsmen, and definitely would be infinitely valuable for Celestial, but he was no beggar - if he was not wanted, so be it.

"I.. see," Diarmuid replied simply, gruffly, though his tone was no different than it had been prior. Only the slight arching of his right brow betrayed any surprise. He shot an interested glance toward Domari, fairly certain that he could see a kind of disappointment written on his still slightly boyish face, though it was difficult to tell. "Very well then. If you find your pack in need of my services, I can promise I won't be hard to find, and then I'd be happy to show you my skills. And I'm sure Domari can find me if a place for me opens up here." He dipped his head in low respect to Celestial's leader.

His gaze fell back to Domari, and his expression only softened into a smile when he faced the man again. It was hard to keep himself from not mentally considering him a boy still; he was fully grown now, capable of protecting himself and yet Diarmuid would never stop serving the Xanilov family. It was not only out of duty at this point, but truly out of love as well. "I will spend some time seeing if your other siblings have found themselves well," he offered him, his ears flicking slightly. "And after that, you won't have trouble finding me." He'd stay near Celestial's lands, not encroaching on their borders but certainly close enough to keep an eye on the well-being of Domari and Alarik and make sure they were faring well here.

Regulus

Somnium
Ascended

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
08-28-2017, 12:21 PM

Regulus spotted the slight, brief frown on Domari and Alarik’s old guardian’s face at his regretful refusal, and felt more than saw Domari’s disappointment. However, the fact remained that he had to think of the pack as a whole when it came to population, and Diarmuid’s acceptance eased some of that worry.

He nodded easily at the older male’s words, adding, “I have no issue with you crossing the borders to visit Domari and Alarik—just be sure to howl first. It would give you a chance to see how they’re doing from time to time. If ever you need help, just call.”

Though this willingness to open Celestial’s borders to a loner may have seemed odd to many, it wasn’t one that was too unusual, if one had known his grandmother’s way of ruling. Erani had often made a point of making allies outside the pack—wolves and other creatures that would have been a valuable asset in the event of a siege or war. She had even allowed a mountain lion to make her home in one of the pack lands in return for any help in protecting the pack and not causing trouble with any of the pups.

And, after all, this wasn’t the first time he’d opened the borders to loners, though the last time had of course been his little brother. He had no issue with having guests, so long as they behaved themselves and made their presence known. It was those who trespassed without permission he preferred to tear into.

Dómari

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

09-21-2017, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2017, 05:57 PM by Dómari.)
ooc:  sorry thought I replied to this!

Dómari remained silent, uncertain what to say.  He supposed it really was for the best.  After all he had to grow up some time and he couldn't always have Diarmuid there to watch his back but still he would miss that steady prescence.  Dómari tried to smile as he nodded lightly.  Yes, he could always go visit Diarmuid and had planned a trip every now and then to visit his family if he could find a way to find them. That was the difficult bit, in a family of nomads it would be very difficult to find them but he had to do what he could. "Bye Diarmuid, see you soon I hope." He bid his mentor goodbye then slipped away back toward his den. He had a lot to think about.

-exit-