Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-04-2017, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2017, 04:20 PM by Pyralis.)
Navigation - The Runestones

Pyralis stood within the circle of stones, eyeing a particularly strange carving that made her thing of a hornless elk but there was some strange creature on its back.  She could sense a mystical energy about this place but she didn't know what to make of it.  Pyralis was an explorer and more intune with the earthly realms rather than the spiritual ones.  She'd never make a good wise woman.  Truth be told she expected to die or ascend or whatever it was that was supposed to happen to the descendants of the gods well before her body aged to that point.  Standing up on her hind legs she rested her forepaws against the stone and squinted at the carvings.  Maybe Amon would know what these meant?

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Kai

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

ScarredOverachieverPride - PansexualVolcanoValentines 2020Christmas 2019
07-04-2017, 11:32 AM
Holy crap was this place cool! Kai was thoroughly enjoying his time in the southern continent, though he was wondering if he ought to reunite with his father again soon. His eyes grew wide as he wandered over the flat terrain, gaze dancing to and fro to settle on the stones that dappled the earth here. This place had a magical feel, and he found a grin tugging at the corners of his lips as he traveled. The air was still today, and he caught no immediate scent of strangers. Assuming he was alone here was a safe assumption, and so he traveled lightly, making no effort to conceal his presence.

"Kataja on kaunis puu, ja oksat on, kuin ruusu!" his voice boomed out loudly, the words flowing freely from his throat Sometimes he still struggled to express certain things in this tongue, since most wolves here spoke a different language and he ended up practicing that much more - but this was merely a song, and the words flowed freely from his memory. It was a song his father had sung to him before, and had struck him as particularly beautiful and he was fond of the words and their meaning.

His song was briefly interrupted as he spotted the circle of stones, his interest immediately picqued. Huh! They seemed strange, as though placed there carefully by something far bigger than wolves, something with far more dexterous appendages. Or, it was more likely that the gods were responsible, right? Humming softly, he headed closer to the strange runestones. "Hei rallati rallati rallallei, Ja oksat--" his song was cut off as he saw the form of another, partially hidden behind the stones, and his pace slowed. "Oh! I didn't see you there," Kai offered politely, though as he rounded the stones his gaze fixed on the carvings that littered the stones, surprised that this already-interesting place could get any more curious.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-04-2017, 12:17 PM

Pyralis scratched at the stone but it was clear that no amount of staring was going to make these odd rocks make anymore sense than they already did which was pretty much none. She shifted back to all fours and made her way over to the next stone, repeating the process. Ok, so she was stubborn and intent on what she was doing. She made note of this place and its location, intent on dragging Amon back this way when she finally pinned him down. The man had been terribly busy with the new litter.

She was so focused she almost didn't notice the large yearling that had wandered into her midst, or she wouldn't have if he hadn't been singing in some strange foreign tongue. Suddenly he noticed her and she let out a snort. He hadn't seen her? "Well! I must definitely have lost some weight after birthing those brats if you managed to overlook me. Are you responsible for these stones?"

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Kai

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

07-04-2017, 05:33 PM
The melody of the song still hung heavy in his ears, though his gaze lingered on the stones still. They were smooth granite, and the carvings set in the stone seemed very old, though they had remained over all these years. "Have you ever heard that song?" He asked, a sudden thought that had come to him. He highly doubted it, but he was certain it was a song that had been around for some time, perhaps something his own father's father had sung to him as a child. Feeling hopeful - she was a large female, with a well-defined build and he thought she could be from the north too - his ears perked and swiveled, waiting for her answer.

The runestones were more interesting than the possibility of her recognizing his song, and his attention was quickly diverted. A wide grin enveloped his features at her words. "Well, to be honest, I wasn't exactly expecting to see anyone here," the yearling admitted quickly. "And I'm certainly not responsible for them. They are cool, though," his voice grew a bit more thoughtful as his gaze fell back on them. Some of the markings were recognizable to him as things in this world, but others were entirely foreign. "What about you? Oh, by the way, the name's Kai Jarvela."

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-05-2017, 08:59 PM
ooc: sorry its so short ><

The strange man asked if she'd ever heard that song and she quickly shook her head. "I don't even know what language that was and I happen to know several." One thing about being an explorer and spending what her brother, Amon, would consider an unhealthy amount of time cavorting with mortals was that she picked up several languages. He stated that he was not responsible for the stones.

"Ah… ok. I wonder if this is man's work again. Not quite as ugly as their usual scraps but still disconcerting. As for me, I'm just wandering. I'd like to see more of this land. My name is Pyralis Abraxas, do you live around here?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Kai

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

07-08-2017, 06:41 PM
Turns out she didn't know the song, but Kai hadn't really expected her to either. He'd yet to meet anyone in these lands from the lands his father hailed from, let alone anyone who spoke that tongue. Still, he'd hoped that the song might spark some recognition but nothing in the stranger's face showed it meant anything to her. He shrugged, as though pushing the topic aside. The fact that she knew several different tongues though was interesting, and his ears flicked with curiosity at that fact. "Well - that's neat," he interjected, his words genuine despite their abruptness. Perhaps someday he might pick up on other languages, but two was plenty for him for now.

Her words were curious to him, and he found his brow furrowing tightly at her speculations. He'd heard of those creatures, the ones from long ago, who walked on two legs and manipulated the terrain. He'd seen various bits of their creations, strange things that he preferred to stay away from. Perhaps he was a bit superstitious, but they often felt like bad omens to him. This place, though, gave him a sense of calm he hadn't felt in awhile. "Nice to meet you, then, Pyralis," he offered with a wide, almost exuberant grin in her direction. Only briefly would his gaze seek out her own before resting on the runestones. "I'm a wanderer myself. Haven't spent much time in this place. But, this does seem like something made by the two-legged creatures." Kai wished he could say he was from the north - perhaps deep in his soul he belonged in the cold tundra, but he'd spent much of his life in the southern lands and to admit otherwise would be lying. "They're kind of nice to look at, though, don't you think?"

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-08-2017, 06:48 PM

It had been a long time since Pyralis had spoken any of the other languages she knew. The common tongue was really the only spoken in these lands. She was curious about the language spoken by this young man but she had far to much on her plate to deal with to bother with trying to pick up another language. Especially if there was no immediate pay off for her. It seemed he was also a wanderer. She shrugged and wrinkled her nose at his question. She wouldn't exactly call them nice, she'd call them really weird. Pyralis shrugged. "I find them disconcerting and nothing more. I do not know their purpose and the drawings mean nothing to me and if they were made by the two-legged then they can bring nothing but trouble." She didn't know that but she'd heard the horror stories. They were one creature Pyralis was glad was extinct.

"So, Kai, where do you hail from and what brings you to these stones?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Kai

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

07-10-2017, 07:31 PM
Her words were.. surprisingly straightforward. Pyralis didn't seem to appreciate the carvings, though it was hard for him to fathom anyone finding nothing interesting in them at all. He wondered if that had anything to do with how he had been brought up. His father had always taught him to find beauty in everything around him, no matter how dreadful they might be, but maybe this stranger didn't have the same way of thinking. That was okay, though, even if it baffled him slightly.

"I see," Kai replied simply, shrugging his wide shoulders dismissively. It wasn't a conversation really worth continuing if she had no more than a passing interest in the engraved stones. "I don't really have one particular place that I hail from, honestly. I was born in a pack called Abaven, but didn't stay there for very long. My father and I are wanderers. Settling down doesn't suit us." Did she have a similar sort of sentiment? Though she didn't necessarily smell of a pack, he hadn't met enough pack wolves to tell for certain. "And.. I oftentimes travel wherever my paws take me. Places that look interesting, like this one. I like to explore in general, no matter where. What about you, Pyralis?"

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-12-2017, 07:31 PM

Pyralis moved away from the stones, choosing to sit in the center of the ring they formed. Probably not the smartest of moves but she was fearless. What did a descendent of the Fallen god have to fear from myths and fairy tales? Kai stated that he had no particular place to call home. She marked the name of the pack that he mentioned but it was a shame he hadn't been there longer. There wasn't much of a point in pressing him for information if it was out of date. She grinned as he stated that settling down didn't suit him. "I will agree to that! I don't fancy staying in one place for to long but now that I have children it seems inevitable, at least for awhile. Soon they'll be old enough to travel with me. Where is your father?" She intended to take her children with her as long as they'd follow her though she imagined by the time they were Kai's age they'd be going completely solo.

"Talk" "You" Think

Kai

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

07-31-2017, 06:00 PM
Though it still struck him as odd that she didn't find much value in the runestones, he abandoned the thought quickly. Kai watched as she moved to stand in the center of the stones, the corners of his mouth twisting up in a small smile. He noted the way she moved with abandon, without a hint of fear in her gait. Her fearlessness was a trait he admired and hoped he could replicate in his life, much like his father's easy confidence.

His smile widened at her agreement, noting that she didn't enjoy settling down in one place, except for short periods as she had children now. Definitely sounded like his father, that was for sure. His ears perked as she inquired about his father, head quirking slightly in response.  "I'm not sure, to be honest," Kai admitted after a moment. It'd been a bit since he'd seen his father, though he wasn't exactly worried about his safety - he knew he could find him when and if he needed him.  "It's been a fair while since I've seen him. We used to travel together but he seems to enjoy his space as much as I do my own." His head cocked to the other side, curiosity bubbling in his gaze.  "What about you? I mean, do you think you'll want your children around for a long time?"

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
08-09-2017, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2017, 08:10 PM by Pyralis.)

Kai had not seen his father in some time but she could relate.  She was notorious herself for wandering off for long periods of time before she would later reconnect with her family.  At the mention of children Pyralis felt a bit of a pang in her gut.  She'd been away too long.  She grinned though to answer his question and nodded. "Certainly not, soon as the brats are old enough to be on their own they're out!  Well, I should say their free more or less.  My family is on a mission so I expect them to check in frequently.  Speaking of which I really need to be getting back to my children.  It was nice talking with you Kai."

Pyralis turned to leave, her form fading a she was swallowed by the mists.

-exit-

"Talk" "You" Think