Lirika

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
07-05-2017, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2017, 09:21 PM by Lirika.)
The cacophony of sounds arising from the mating birds overhead was deafening. It was during this time of year that she had found herself in her first hunt, many years back. Charged with the task of taking down a bird, whichever came to her first. That was how the feathers entwined in her breast came to be there. Just as with her mother, the ceremony had gone smoothly. She remembered the simplicity of the times back then, when all she had to do was be young and free. Age was rearing its ugly head upon her life, and now she wondered how things could have gone so awry.

The island was warm, overly so. The thick pelt she still wore was suffocating. Perhaps a swim was in order, already. Only halfway through her exploration of the island, she turned around to the sea. Long strides turned into bounding leaps as she crossed the sand. Giddy as a pup, she leapt into the ocean. The water wasn't even that cool, but it was nonetheless refreshing. Coal cloaked paws swept and kicked through the water.

avatar courtesy of trash-klng on dA

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-05-2017, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2017, 04:20 PM by Pyralis.)
Navigation - Ibon Isle

Pyralis was headed south again after her way to long journey to the volcano.  She wasn't going to do that again.  She could feel an anxiousness she couldn't explain but that was in some ways itself a relief.  She missed her kids.  She didn't like being apart from them this long and it was a relief that she felt this.  If she had traveled farther and farther north and felt nothing what exactly would that mean?  Honestly, Pyralis didn't want to think about it.  However, as intent as she was she also needed a rest and of course, like with all things she did, her life slipped out of her control and as one thing led to another a quick rest for aching feet in the water became a full swim to a nearby island.  

The water was refreshing and Pyralis ate up the sensation of flying through the water but when she got to the island her ears immediately flattened at the sound of birds.  Numerous birds.  Well… perhaps it was time to get herself a snack.  She was laying in wait, half in the water, half out when the sound of something else moving in the water caught her attention and she saw a pale wolf swimming nearby.  "Hello there!  Which of these birds do you think is the tastiest?"

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Lirika

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
07-05-2017, 09:29 PM
The voice of another reached her audits, waterlogged as they might be. Attention diverted to a dark form, lurking partially within the waves of the shore. Hunting birds, hm? Dark limbs pulled her through the water, edging closer to the stranger.
"Well, I hear there are a few wild chickens lurking about further inland. The pheasants are nice too." Accented vocals would reply, the dame rooting her paws in the sand. Water dripped steadily from the thick strands still clinging to her form. They would take most of the spring season to shed. "I would stay away from the macaws, their beaks are incredibly strong." She added, moonstone optics scanning over the vegetation. There weren't many ground fowl lurking this close to the waters edge. They would be further in, near a fresh water source.
"What do you say we hunt them down? They should have nested by now." The offer was friendly, all in good faith. If she chose not to accept, that was fine. The phantom was enjoying her swim alone, so returning to it wouldn't be a hardship upon her.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-06-2017, 07:32 PM

Pyralis was there primarily to explore but she couldn't help taking an interest in the local wildlife, especially if any of it was particularly edible. The stranger was surprisingly forthcoming about information causing Pyralis to grin. Her tail waved lazily back and forth. As if the information wasn't enough the stranger also offered her aid and the help was much appreciated. Birds were tricky and Pyralis found them much easier to hunt when she had someone to work along side but first things first. "I'll take you up on your offer, but first I wish to finish surveying this island. Are you a native here, miss… ?"

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Lirika

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
07-08-2017, 01:04 AM
ooc. It's short, am sorry

The warmth of delight spread through the cockles of her heart, and a soft grin would play upon her lips. Fantastic, a hunt was in order! The larger woman seemed just as pleased by the notion. She also seemed interested in the rest of the island, which seemed only logical. This was, after all, quite the attention catcher. When the implication of introductions came to pass, the woman would pause to dip her head and smile.

"My apologies. Lirika Vera Lunashka, at your service." Accented vocals would murmur, as she stepped forth onto the sand of the beach. Salt water dripped steadily from her coat, and she hoped it would drag out some of the shedding fur with it. "And you, my dear?" She questioned in turn. Hopefully, her assumption that it was time to take a look around wouldn't be too forward. It would be awful if she found herself pissing this woman off. There was a chance for an interesting conversation ahead. Not many people chose to be around these parts at this time of year.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-13-2017, 06:46 PM
ooc: sorry I forgot this one!

Pyralis was rather fond of islands if she was honest. She enjoyed swimming and even the salt in her fur wasn't enough to dampen her joy in testing her limbs against one of the greatest forces in nature. The woman introduced herself as Lirika and Pyralis nodded and grinned. "At my service, hm? I like the sound of that. Pyralis Abraxas. Tell me, what is the most interesting thing on this island?" She was curious what Lirika would describe as 'interesting' and if Pyralis would agree or not but either way it would be useful to have a guide.

"Talk" "You" Think

Lirika

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
07-13-2017, 09:25 PM
The woman offered a smile, and the name of Pyralis Abraxas. Interesting. It suited her, the woman looked very much like a burning funeral pyre. She questioned the features of the island, and which drew her the most. The ghost thought for a moment, narrowed gaze finding itself scrutinizing the island. A low hum rumbled from her narrow chest.

"I think the view of the mainland is quite handsome," she offered, shrugging lightly. It was no lie, from here there was a nearly panoramic view of the distant continent. It would be nice to spend a little time watching the movements of the sea, and the clouds passing over Boreas. "for the most part, I go where my feet take me until I find the right place." The dame said, shaking out her thick ruff. A few more steps up the sand would draw her towards the dense foliage further inland. A nice stroll to investigate the island would definitely brighten up the day.

"Actually, I travelled south in search of a pack that might take me." She said absently, glancing over her shoulder at the dark furred woman. "Do you know of any that would take someone like me?"

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-14-2017, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2017, 12:39 PM by Pyralis.)

Pyralis nodded lightly as Lirika answered her question.  She did like to gaze out at the ocean but that wasn't why she was on the island.  She turned back to the birds and licked her lips.  All this exploration was making her quite hungry after all.  Lirika stated that she'd been traveling south to find a pack that might take her.  Pyralis shook her head.  "I do my best to avoid packs, personally.  I don't have any interest in joining one that isn't ruled by my family and even then…"  She shrugged.  "I'm just not the pack type, ya know?"  Pyralis shook out her coat again and stretched her limbs. "All this exploring is making me hungry.  How about we do a little hunting now?  Have you hunted the creatures of this island before?"

"Talk" "You" Think

ooc: do you care if we start a new thread for them hunting? I'm trying to get reorganized after the posting contest and it would help me tremendously! <3

Lirika

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
07-30-2017, 05:18 PM
ooc. yeah, go for it! If it helps ya out, I'm down! You can start, that way there's no pressure for a reply

Warm sand gave way to cool, hard packed dirt. Pyralis replied that she was unaware of any packs nearby, due to the fact that she was simply uninterested. The birds above took notice of the predators, warning calls echoing through the trees all around. The phantom nodded in understanding, glancing over her shoulder at the other woman. That the woman was not one for packs was not an uncommon sentiment.

"I understand. Over the years, I have encountered many who were more than content not to be tied down by the connection of a pack." She assured the woman, tail flicking across her heels. She watched the soot furred woman ready herself, stretching lengthy and stocky limbs and shaking sea water from her pelt. Ah, the exploration seemed to have reached its end. Sure enough, the woman asked if she was ready to begin the hunt.

"Some hunting sounds good to me, indeed." She replied, claws flexing in the earth. "I have not, but I have hunted flightless birds a few times. It is usually an ambush attack, since they can get into trees if startled. Is that preferential to you?"