Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-24-2014, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 03:31 PM by Motif I.)

Motif was surprised to find she had gained the responsibility of babysitting, she could almost laugh at her jobs now, between watching Bass's pack and understand the workings of his pack and now this, it was as through he wanted to keep her to busy to remember that she had decided to remain within the 'four walls' of this pack. If that was the case, his fears need not include her, she had decided to see this pack through for good or for worse and nothing could keep her from that promise.

She would welcome the new day with an early start as she leaped free of the den she occupied beneath Bass's own home and began her jog against the territory. She was a free spirit and running had always been apart of her life, with the feeling of the wind against her coat and the sun dancing patterns on the sky above her ? it didn't matter if she had chosen to stay in Abaven, she was free regardless.

The girl would make quick progress to the den of the newcomer, this Vendetta who she had taken on the responsibility of babysitting. She would sit outside the den for the moment simply enjoying the Spring sun against her coat before letting out a soft bark to let the other know she had arrived ? it was high time Guard and Guarded where to meet.

Vendetta

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-24-2014, 09:21 PM
The dark canine had been taking this time of the day to catch a short nap, recharging her batteries for the night. She's a night owl, you see, often staying up from the set of the sun to its rise before getting sleep. She found the PM hours of the day to be much more interesting than the AM hours.

What made it worse was that the assassin was a heavy sleeper. She was known not to be woken up unless she was smacked, literally. Therefore, when Motif made her little announcement, Ven just kept on snoozing. She didn't even register it, nor did she hear it. She was in the deep recesses of sleep and she wouldn't really mind if the darker far entered and gave her a kick. Honestly, she'd thank her for it. She was oversleeping anyways.

mobile

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-24-2014, 09:34 PM

Motif's little bark would go unheard and unheeded, and the carefree girl would stretch out her limbs and let a few more moments pass before she would glance up at the sun with a sigh. She was missing out on daylight, of chances to spar and dance and she could think of a thousand places she could be where she might enjoy the gentle caress of the sun and the faint whispers of the wind. More moments would pass and still the sleeping beauty would not show her face. A soft growl would escape Motif's lips as she glared into the darkened shadows of the cave for a sight of her sleeping 'Guarde'

Eventually the girl would pad down a circle of grass with a few gentle twists of her agile body and well placed paw-steps before placing herself down upon it. Her tail would twitch in light agitation behind her and her paws would stretch out before her, where she would gently place her head. One eye would slid lazily closed well the other would keep an attentive eye on the sleeping place of this Vendetta ? it would seem the two where getting off to a bad start, and Motif was contemplating challenging her when at last she choose to remove herself from her sleeping place, but who knew what the future might bring. She would remain like this for as long as it took for the other to rise and exit.

Vendetta

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-24-2014, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2014, 10:37 PM by Vendetta.)
And, as if a miracle send by God Himself, it was at that moment that grey Pera stirred. Her eyelids fluttered open to reveal her empty, copper optics. It took only seconds for her to notice the unfamiliar presence outside of her den, the mere thought of a stranger causing her muscles to instinctively tense. Slowly, she rose to her paws, a yawn splitting her jaws before giving herself a rough shake.

The Pera padded up to the entrance, gazing at the relaxed female curiously. Ahh, that's right, she was supposed to meet her guard today. Was this her then? Motif? Interesting.. she'd imagined her to be a male since it sounded sort of.. manly? Eh, she wasnt really one to talk though. Her name was "Vendetta," for heaven's sake.

"Ive got an idea of the answer but I'll ask the question anyway, who are you?" she would inquire smoothly, empty gaze fixed on the darker wolf. She leaned back into a sitting position, figuring they were probably going to be talking a while.

mobile

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-24-2014, 10:28 PM

Lucky for everyone's moods, it would not be long before the new Abaven wolf stepped into the sights of Motif. Both eyes would slide open now as she appraised this stranger, she was a darkly silver mottled creature with brilliant sunshine eyes that where as brilliant as Motifs own golden orbs. Bass had of course told her what he knew, why she was guarding Vendetta and her possible grudge with Mara. Motif had come to like and respect Mara after they had each given there all in a spar.

As the other fully exited the den Motif would stand and stretch out her long and graceful limbs. ?I am Motif Destruction, brother to Bass and temporary Namag until I complete my entry to Azgrat? she would say, lowering her head in greeting and hiding the laughter in her eyes as she gave forth this title. Vendetta was already forgiven for the wait, after all she couldn't expect everyone to be such the early bird that Motif was, and besides, the wait had not been a long one. ?We should go for a walk, have you seen all the lands of Abaven yet?? she would ask companionably.

Vendetta

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-24-2014, 10:53 PM

Ahh yup, her assumption had been correct. What she hadnt known was the bit about she and Bass being siblings and she made sure to store that little tidbit away for later. Was she supposed to state her information now? Might as well, though she was positive the female before her knew it already. "Vendetta, no family, Pera. It's my pleasure," she stated simply, curtly even, before giving a similar nod of her head. She purposely left out her last name, feeling as if it wasn't a necessary piece of information. "But Im sure you already knew most of that."

The idea of a walk interested her and she allowed a faint grin to slip onto her features. "I have not. A walk sounds rather promising actually." Her tone was like silk as she spoke, not a hint of emotion in it but not unwelcoming or cold either. It was a tone that had been perfected to a fault over the time that she'd lived, just as she'd been taught.
At this point. she wasn't even sure she had emotions anymore.

mobile

"Speech"

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-24-2014, 11:06 PM

She did of course know who Vendetta was and had been told to seek this female out. Regardless, the direction of the conversation had run towards names and Pera politely stated her own information, and Motif's grin was light with amusement. So far the initial displeasure of her wait was all but gone and she hoped the two might get along ? after all they would spending a bit of time together in the future until Bass told them otherwise. ?Yes, of course? she said simply in response to the statement of knowledge, but neither doubted at this stage that each was fairly well informed of their new situation as Guard and Guarded.

?Perfect? she would purr softly and take a few light strides forward, her eyes keeping hold of Vendetta's form, she was curious about this stranger and aside from what Bass had told her she in fact knew little. ?Lets head over to the Rapids? her voice would sing out next and her steps would head in that direction.

Vendetta

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-24-2014, 11:28 PM

The rapids? Sounded like a good place, probably loud and wet; a perfect place to plan an assassination, maybe? She swiped her tongue over her lips as she rose to her paws, fantasizing for just a moment. She didn't even really respond until she'd come to stand at her side, waiting to be led in the direction of the aforementioned place. "Ah, yes, that sounds good," she finally replied, waving her tail behind her as she idled there. The grey female stayed silent for a few seconds before voicing another question, her tone allowed to leak a bit of curiosity now. "Is the territory large? I've only wondered around a bit of it so I've no idea how big it is." She ended with a bit of a chuckle, though it was somewhat dry, lacking real feeling.

mobile

"Speech"

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-25-2014, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 12:20 AM by Motif I.)

The Monument Rapids where a large a large part of the territory and hard to miss, but since Motif was already resigned to spending the day getting to know this wolf, they might as well make use of it and spend some of the time exploring what would be Vendetta's new home. She was already considering other activities for the day, but this would be a good place to start. With Vendetta's agreement they would start towards the water, with the other keeping up a light conversation as they walked. Motif was more then happy to answer the others questions so long as they did not seem like the answer might be dangerous. ?Abaven is medium sized compared to the other packs in the region, largely because where still grower. Once we gain enough wolves to patrol further lands well expand? she explained simply, in face she was sure Bass was considering expansion soon and she hoped he called Motif over so she could hand out her own opinions.

The sound of the Rapids became louder as they approached, and she was the other could scent it as well long before they came upon the banks. Motif would glance at the lushly rushing water before dancing along its side with a grin. ?Come on, I want to show you Serpent plains? she would say now and already she was off at a light jog in that direction. She was warming up her muscles, and it felt good to feel the hard ground beneath her flexing paws.

Vendetta

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-25-2014, 12:42 AM

She trailed after her without a word, simply nodding to the information she was giving her. Having a smaller pack meant they were more targeted that the other, larger ones. She would have to be on the lookout for any job oppurtinuties..

It wasn long until she realized they were nearing the rapids, hearing the rushing water crashing against the rocks from many yards away. The sound brought her satisfaction that only grew as she came close. She could tell that she'd be spending a lot of time here.
Then, before she knew it, she was being led off in another direction. Serpent plains, eh? She'd came to a plain when she was joining, was it the same area?

mobile
muse pls

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-25-2014, 01:06 AM

The dame was quick to lead them to Serpent plains and after the initial burst of speed she kept herself to the others side and pace so that she could continue there chatter. ?its quite literally a Serpent's plains and one of the first things Bass has newcomers learning is how to treat snake bites, have you had a lesson there yet?? she would ask curiously. Even as she moved her eyes would scan the surrounding area until she found a nice open plain with no obvious potholes or rocks about the place, she would place herself here and stop.

?Would you like a spar?? she would ask now, her eyes locking once more onto Vandetta, watching her for any flicker of emotion at the suggestion and preparing herself for any unannounced strikes the other might lunge her way, or if she might regret the offer all out.

speech

Vendetta

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-25-2014, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 07:24 AM by Vendetta.)

Snake bites, eh? Another discreet way to kill someone. Just plant them in the right place and boom, instant accident. The thought brought a darker grin to her muzzle before she wiped it away, glancing at her to see if she'd noticed. It didn't really matter if she did, though she preferred to have control over what others learnt about her. Finally, she answered with a shake of her head. "No, not yet," she would verbally reply, in case she hadn't noticed the rocks in her head rattling.

At her next inquiry, her interest was piqued. A spar? She'd like that, it'd been too long since she'd gotten some practice on self-aware beings. Her tongue slid over her lips as she considered it, considered if she would win or not. First impressions, right?
"Sure, it's been a while since I last engaged in a fair fight," she barked in reply, flicking her tail.

"Speech"

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-25-2014, 03:30 PM

The other girl seemed for a moment lost in thought after Motif had mentioned the snakes, when she did reply it was in the negative and Motif knew she would have to devot some of her day to teaching the girl how to care for bites in case she got bitten in the future. They had both arrived at the empty setting Motif had chosen at this point and Vendetta was now speaking in affirmative to the spar. The brown coated girl would offer a grin and with a light sprin she would bound backwards a few steps, placing some distance between them. That single agreement was all that she needed.

That done Motif would begin her defences, it was an old habbit now and her first step was always to spread out her legs and keep her balance between them even, her toes would spread out as her claws dug into the earth for traction. Her hackles would raise and her shoulders rolled forward to protect her neck, her tail would spread out behind her and her head would lower to align with her spine, her muscles would tense and lock beneath her. She would partly close her eyes to protect them. Her teeth would be bared even as she tucked her her chin

Motif Vs Vendetta for Spar

Round 0 of 2?

Defenses: Legs spread, balance evenly distributed, toes spread, claws into earth, hackles raised, shoulders rolled, tail spread behind her, head lowered to align with spine, muscles tensed, eyes partly closed, teeth bared, chin tucked.

Attacks: none yet

Injuries: none yet

Vendetta

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-30-2014, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014, 09:05 AM by Vendetta.)

Ven figured she was probably going to suck at this. Her skillset was geared towards quick, surprise kills, not full-on battles. Some practice would do her good but she'd probably get her ass kicked. She shoved back any hesitation and tried not to let this fact get to her. Hopefully her pride wouldn't be wounded too much.

She watched as she readied herself and proceeded to do the same. The lowered herself into a sort of crouch, similar to the downward dog position if you know anything about yoga, though a lot less steep. She took a step outwards to distribute her weight more efficiently and kept her muscles relaxed, ready to tense at any moment. "Ladies first," she taunted her just a bit, for fun.

Round 0 of 2?

Defenses: Legs spread, balance evenly distributed, muscles relaxed, angled slightly downward.

Attacks: none yet

Injuries: none yet

/sorry if I did it wrong, i copied what you did ;u;

and sorry that it took so long!

"Speech"

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-30-2014, 06:32 PM

Motif watched a moment as Vendetta in turn readied herself for the Spar. To Motif's own surprise she found herself judging the girls movements and opened her maw to point out a few tips before closing it again with a smile. She would learn, and she could learn the hard way, it was Motif's job after all to make sure she didn't get into trouble, or for that matter cause trouble. It may just do her good to remember that Motif could kick her ass when she choose. Perhaps the brown girl was getting cocky, with only a few wins under her belt and no defeats yet to teach her some humility.

Vendetta would open her maw then and tell her 'Ladies first' and Motif would let out a soft laugh, but wouldn't bother to reply. Here would be the point that Motif attempts to lunge forward, throwing her weight forward and her body into the limited space between them. She would attempt to ram her right shoulder into Vendetta's right shoulder. Motif would also attempt to land her bared teeth into Vedentta's neck, where the back of her jaw and neck meet. Motif would also once again spread her legs and toes, and evenly distribute her weight. She would dig her claws into the ground once more for traction and her tail would fan out behind her. Her shoulders where rolled forward to protect her own neck. Her ears where pinned back to be kept tightly out of reach. Her eyes where narrowed to slits and her neck was scrunched about her.

Round 1 of 2

Defences: Teeth bared, legs spread, toes spread, weight evenly distributed, claws dug into ground, tail out behind her, shoulders rolled, ears pinned, eyes narrowed to slits, neck scrunched

Attacks: Lunge forward, attempt to ram her right shoulder into Vendetta's right shoulder, then attempt to land her bared teeth into the right side of Vendetta's neck

Injuries: none yet, first round