Deviant

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
07-24-2014, 04:35 PM

The sun was halfway done with its journey since it had reached its highest point that day, and in no time the sky would shift in colors, becoming a beautiful sea of colors. The man took in a long, deep breath, a warm smile upon his face. Mystic had loved sunsets, so beautiful and relaxing, it was often during that time of the day they would be their most active. Deviant chuckled thinking about those old days, them wrestling in the grass, Mystic glowing with love. Oh how he missed her so.

With sigh he would lower himself in the sand, back legs tucked in to his side, and front limbs out in front of him. A gentle breeze would ruffle his fur, bringing various scent past his nose. He would take note of them, nothing out of the ordinary, common prey and the vegetation around the rocky barrier. He would be good for the moment, and so the man would take the chance to lay his head atop his paws. His daily search for his family and old Valhallans done for the time being, once the sun rose in the morning he would be back out looking for them.

"normal.
speech.
thought.
you."
Awesome image by KatG6 <3

Newol

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-24-2014, 10:28 PM
It was a good night for the young brute. Every sense he'd made his choice to stop being angry and just be proactive, life had improved again. He was thriving. Perhaps even more than he had been before. He was a paw in the right direction. It had been a mad scramble at first, but, all it took was a little digging and now he was finally getting his paws back underneath him. Home was a light on the horizion, a light that he could now actually see. It wasn't just a dream anymore. It was something tangable, like the sweet juice of a fruit wafting into his nose and only inches from his tongue. Damn thought the young man as he walked along. Now I just want a big mouthful of cantaloupe to go with my fish.

A smile breached the young man's face as he strode across the boulders on his way to the beach. It was warm, the spring weather having brought the heat on. But that was okay. Newol was a brat from the dessert, he liked it when it was warm, even this late. It felt good to him, but then, he was also completely soaked from head to toe. Ever sense he'd settled here in the eastern part of Alacritis for the time being, he'd taken to eating fish, as there where plenty to go around, especially thanks to the Delta. But his skills as a fisher where, well, they still needed improving because right now it mostly involved splashing and flailing until he managed to smack one hard enough to stun it then close his jaws around it. Still, it was only stupid if it didn't work, right? And so Newol had nothing to be ashamed of as he carried in his jaws right now a large and bright red salmon as his reward. Also, it was hard for a wolf to take down large game on their own. Newol wasn't small, but, he wasn't huge like that. So, for the time being, this life suited Newol, and it suited him well. Try. Try all you may, try all you might. But there wasn't a force on earth that could keep a smile off a Zaraidd's face.

Once he finally made his way to the beach, he was greeted by the site of another wolf. He didn't know the wolf to be a Valhallan like himself, and didn't recognize him. But as Erani's son, there was a fair chance that the male might recognize Newol. This one older than he. Also one he'd never seen before, but even with that said there was something familiar about him. It was in his scent, but the brute couldn't quite put his paw on it. He didn't carry any pack scent on him, though, so Newol figured there to be no harm in approaching. Giving himself a shake first to try and rid himself of a little of the water that soaked his fur, it now being a sheet of wet needles bunched together down his body, he covered a few feet to put himself at a respectable distance. On his scared maw he bore a friendly and welcoming smile, his voice equally so as he set his fish onto of his paws. There was enough of a meal here for two, and the brown male was in a good mood so, it felt like the thing to do. "Greetings, friend. Would you be interseted in some fish?"

Deviant

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
07-29-2014, 02:24 PM

Lids were wavering, threatening to fall over his golden eyes the longer the man lay there. Once, twice, three times now. His head had even begun to shift, slowly lowering till his right cheek was against his foreleg. The man would not be allowed to sleep however, for his ear twitch at the sound of approaching footsteps, steady. Lids pulled back and head would be forced to lift and turn in the direction the steps had come from, gaze falling upon a male approaching with something in his mouth.

So close to dozing off, the aging man had to blink his eyes a few times to focus on the figure, features becoming clearer with each blink. A decent sized man, brown coloring, fur moist, green eyes, scars over his muzzle and holding a large salmon in his jaws. Interesting. Deviant raised a brow, nose gathering the stranger's scent. A rogue with a faint pack scent mixed into him, but which one?

Silently he would watch the man stop a few feet away, giving Deviant his space. Smart fellow. He was even smiling, a possible friend? Ears swiveled forward as the man set his fish down on his paws, listening when he spoke, asking if he would be interested in some fish. Fish, ey? Golden gaze would drop to the fish then rise back up to meet the male's friendly gaze. it was a bit unusual, most didn't really like sharing their meals, but if the man wanted to, then why not.

"Only if you wish to share, friend." Voice was calm and friendly, a light chuckle escaping his jaws. He would push the front half of his body up off the ground and readjust himself so he could face the stranger, as well as motion him over. "Though, I'd hate to have a share of something somebody worked to catch. I do not want to be a freeloader." He'd add on, turning himself slightly away from the man but only so he could face the water, if he truly did want to share his fish.

"normal.
speech.
thought.
you."
Awesome image by KatG6 <3

Newol

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
08-06-2014, 09:23 AM
The other male seemed rather tired. This was surprising given that Newol felt nothing of the sort. He was used to being out late. But then, he was driven by something. He had something driving him with a determination and a fire that was down right scary. He would not be the one to leave things unfinished, no. He would stand triumphant in his goal to restore his pack. It thrashed about under his skin like a legion of howling voices crying to be avenged. It drove Newol out of his calm and quiet cave early in the morning, and drove him until late into the night. Such was the way of the young man. He was a creature of the soul. A creature of pour heart and sound mind.

For the life of Newol, he was trying to figure out what it was about this wolf that made him so familiar. There was something about him. Just something about his scent that Newol thought was familiar. And a voice in his head was yelling that it was obvious and that he should totally recognize this. But alas, there just wasn't enough of it. What ever it was, there was only the faintest traces of it left. So for the time being he simply dismissed it. Right now, he'd simply enjoy the company. Why, finally, the male spoke. And what he said struck a nerve in the brute. He hated the application of that word in this situation. Freeloading!? It was a pour application of the word. Freeload nothing, it's my fish I'll see it eaten by who ever I damn well please! Such was Newol's nature. There where too many around only interested in taking, and he just wanted to give. So, with a chuckle he responded in a friendly manor with a smile. "Way I see it, it's my fish to offer as I see fit, so offer it I shall."

And with that, he took it back into his jaws and moved to sit beside the male, still a respectable space between the two of them. Then, turning his head to the male, he held out the fish in his jaws to him to allow this new stranger to take his preferred half. It was a somewhat risky move, yes. The young man had left himself exposed, his neck an easy enough target. But this move served a double purpose. It was both a sign of respect, and an indication that he was no enemy of this stranger. No, not in these troubled times.