ardent

FAMILY TIES ; joining

July

gems
size
build
player
07-24-2014, 08:12 AM

July hadn't meant to be away for so long. Though he had wanted desperately to remain with June and Gus, he'd also wanted to search for their cousins, who were rumored to be wandering these lands as well. He found no signs of them through the winter, and with the warmth of spring creeping into the land, he began to miss his kin badly. He made his journey back to familiar lands, unsure where they might be, but his mind and heart were open to them both.

He was vaguely surprised when June's scent mingled with the scent of an unfamiliar pack. There was no sign of Gus, and he felt his heart sink in his chest. Had they not stayed together? He wondered why. The prospect of having to chose one over the other was a daunting one, and the earthy-hued brute was not ready to make such a decision. But he did want answers -- and it was with little hesitation that he stood at the borders of the Olympus-claimed valley, tipping his marked face to the sky and letting loose a call for his sister, or whoever might speak openly with him.

June

gems
size
build
player
07-24-2014, 06:28 PM

July's howl echoed in the air, and for a moment, June froze, amber eyes wide with excitement and a little bit of fear. He had been gone for some time now - perhaps, like Gus, he too had found a home far away from her and would never be coming back. But now he was there at Olympus' borders and it was like rediscovering him for the first time all over again. Joy raced through her thoughts and gave her step a little skip as June picked her way towards the border, fighting the urge to race towards her darling brother.

Instead, she would make a careful approach, hopefully seeming more collected than she actually was. Of course, her tail's rapid pace in the air behind her and the way that her gaze lit up when it settled on July's familiar form didn't exactly help her case any. "July!" Her voice was bright with joy and the brown female raced up to him, all attempts to seem calm abandoned as she attempted to lick his face over and over again. "How are you?" The question was a little belated, and only escaped June's maw when she drew back a little to gaze at her brother, unasked questions dancing in her thoughts.

"Speech."

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-05-2014, 07:38 PM

A call, one of many lately, rang across the land and drew the sable dame from her den, leaving her children to sleep. She would be taking them out of the den soon enough to see the world they lived in, but for now they needed their rest. Her ears led the way, following the echo to its source and finding a pack mate she had only met at the meeting already waiting with the stranger. A polite smile lit her maw as she approached, stopping only a yard away from the pair to address them.

"June," she greeted with a nod, before turning to the other. "My name is Natalya, and I am the Centurion of Olympus. What brings you to our borders, stranger?"

""

July

gems
size
build
player
08-10-2014, 04:29 PM

It all felt very much like a dream. His senses were hazy and dream-like, despite his attention being sharp as he awaited for a response from someone, hopefully his sister. July Kalendae regretted leaving her to search for their cousins, as he hadn't found even the faintest signs of them -- and he felt a pang of regret fluttering in his chest. He was surprised to actually see her there, loping toward him eagerly, excitement visible in her own features. June looked healthy and well, and he found a grin tugging at the corners of his mouth, his joyous expression unabashed and genuine. She seemed determined to not overwhelm him with her own excitement, and he found his tail beginning to wag behind his frame wildly.

"June," he replied with glee, his voice deep but light all the same, lyrics full of love. "I've been good. Looking for our cousins, but it seems they have found homes elsewhere." While he couldn't help but feel sad at not being able to find all of them, what truly mattered to him was finding June and Gus, and knowing they were both well. Without them, he would not be complete. "I don't want to leave you again. Is Gus here, too?" Curiosity shone in his green gaze, as he searched her face for answers.
Another had noticed his call, and he turned to nod his head in greeting, oblivious that the woman before him could not see. His smile was gentle toward her, though the swaying of his tail ceased slightly. "I come to find my sister, June," he explained with little hesitation. "My name is July. I was hoping I would be welcomed to wherever she calls home."

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Natalya Olympus

So June's brother was the newcomer at their border. Natalya nodded as he spoke, her head moving slowly. Her tail flicked behind her as she considered how she would address his request. Olympus's numbers had grown rapidly with the many litters they had welcomed during the year. They were exceeding their capacity, yet some of the newcomers were so promising it was difficult to tell them no. Natalya had an idea of how to handle the situation, but it could not be acted upon until she had cleared it with her husband and empress. For now, she would go through the routine.

"Welcome, July. Tell me, what, if anything, do you know of Olympus's laws and customs?"

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think