ardent

The New Millennium

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
08-29-2017, 02:17 PM
The man had been watching Mara’s little ones grow with a sense of pride. He felt… strangely happy. Sure he wasn’t one to show it, keeping a serious expression much of the time… but surely Mara had to have noticed how he stuck close to the family. Even if she and Ruthger were not mates… he felt glad to have met the man. His personality seemed right for Mara in a way. They could definitely work on a partnership for the children’s sake even if there wasn’t necessarily love. Félicien gave a soft chuckle. My, how times had changed since he’d gotten older. He was what, nine years old now? Great, he thought, he was an old fart. An old fart that still had fire in his soul and a purpose to live out.

Féli stretched that morning, waking a little later than usual. The summer warmth, though milder than usual, was welcome for the brute. But now, he thought to himself, was not the time to be thinking of summer’s gifts. He tilted his head back, calling for Mara.

How long had it been since he and his protege sparred? He dug his claws into the soil and perked his ears up. He also couldn’t help but wonder how Zephyr had been. Was he still in Boreas? The brute’s silver gaze danced across the landscape before him. Who knew? Perhaps before long he’d even be helping teach the children about sparring and whatnot. They were certainly going to be capable little buggers. The thought made him feel better about his age; while Félicien had no intentions of dying anytime soon he felt glad to know that wolves like Mara, Ruthger, and their children were going to carry on after him.

Finally, hearing her approach Félicien closed his eyes, rumbling in a gentle tone. “Almost feels like old times… except back then I’d have to get hunting for you to start our sessions.” A small grin had appeared on his face. “I wonder if any of your boys will be like that? Or do you think they’re all too adventurous to be lazy?” This time he opened his eyes, turning slowly to face her. Surely she must have guessed the reason for his call? He’d already been training with Ruth a bit… so wasn’t it natural he’d test her skills again as well?

Mara

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster
08-29-2017, 03:45 PM
True to form, Mara had been doing what one would expect Mara to do when Ruthgar was watching the kids; napping. She prided herself on sleeping through most things, with only a few disturbances in existence that could wake her. One had proven to be the still shrill cries of her children. Another apparently was Félicien's call. It had taken him a looong ass time to get that response from his apprentice during her youth when she she was so determined to hide and sleep at all hours of the day. He'd eventually hunted her down and dragged her from her hiding places enough times that she woke instantly from the deepest of sleeps at his call, knowing what was to come if she didn't move. That response had not bee lost as she found herself awakened from her nap as soon as his call hit her ears.

Groaning loudly, she hauled herself to her paws, shaking dirt loose from her pelt as she lumbered out of the den, yawning and considering what this was about. Considering who this man was, she had a sneaking suspicion she knew exactly what he wanted. Once she'd blinked the sleep from her amber eyes, Mara set off towards her mentor, heart beating a little faster with the knowledge of what was to come. Fangs saw the light of day when her lips twisted into a smirk. This would be fun.

Slowing as the man came into view, she flicked an ear in his direction when he spoke, drinking in his assessment with a soft chuckle, "That it does. No matter how good I thought I was at hiding you were better at tracking me." the memories were kind of funny now, but at the time she didn't particularly like being found no matter the spot she picked to hide herself in. If Mara remembered correctly at one point he'd witnessed her first, and last, hissy fit after yanking her out of what had honestly been the worst spot she thought of during that time. "I suspect one of them might be that way, but the other two are pretty rambunctious..." she mused, considering the pups. "But, I'm sure we can find a way to at least get them all to thoroughly learn the basics." She wouldn't have any of her kids stumbling around in the world without at least the minimum knowledge needed to protect themselves.

"So, you wanted a spar of some sort, right?" Lazy or not, Mara was no fool.
[Image: 1feWy51.png?1]

Mara is rude, lazy, and really likes to swear sometimes. She is not pleasant in the slightest.