Gabriel I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
08-30-2017, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2017, 05:56 PM by Gabriel I.)

FEAR NO EVIL

It was definitely colder up here, as the woman he had met previously had promised. There was a distinct bite to the air around here, his summer coat was not meant for it. Perhaps it was best not to spend too much time up here. The herald was currently ankle deep in snow, and wondering what in the name of the Father had bade him travel this far up. Samael had been following him around, he knew that. Perhaps it was a desire to escape the watching eyes. Prying eyes, even. Knowing that there was family nearby was a pleasant, reassuring notion. However, being all too aware of someone trailing behind him, with no way to truly know where, made him uneasy.

His whiskers notified him of something large directly in front of him, saving him from smashing headlong into it. Instead, he bumped his nose against the strange thing. He winced. "Dear Lord!" He exclaimed, a little surprised. Now his nose stung, and his muzzle throbbed a little with the force of the impact. Haunches dropped heavily into the snow, taking a moment to absorb the shock. A quick noise escaped him, a breathy little laugh. He shook his head a little. Well, that was something. Salmon appendage would slide from the confines of his jaws to taste for blood around his nose. There was nothing. Some dust and snow around his mouth. He must have his a rock.

He got back to his feet, shaking the snow from his thighs. "Now, what's this?" He questioned, more to himself than anything. A few small, hesitant steps forward. His whiskers brushed against it again. He didn't move further than that. Pivoting his body about ninety degrees, he decided to brush it with his shoulder. That seemed safe enough. So, he leaned to the side. His entire flank connected with something smooth and rough. Stones, for sure. However, he hadn't encountered stones in this shape before. Damn it, where were his siblings when he needed them?

speech

Samael, as Gabriel's brother/stalker, will likely be making appearances in any/all of his threads to distantly stare at his interactions. Just an FYI.

**Also, his face is heavily scarred on the left side, none of his tables reflect this yet. Missing fur on the cheek, below the eye, and scars across the bridge of his muzzle and down his neck.

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
08-30-2017, 08:05 PM

The wolf and the bird had done nothing but talk to each other since their reunion, they both found that there was much to talk about. Spider had told Echo about Shiloh and the hole losing him had left in his heart and Echo had told him about the terrible rumors circulating the southern continent. Talk of war and more concerningly of wolves claiming to be gods.  It as then that Spider had decided to turn his attention further north, to hopefully avoid the coming fray and the titan wolves that seemed hellbent on bringing destruction.

For all the pain Shiloh had caused him Spider still found himself marking his trail as the duo moved further up north. Echo wasn’t particularly fond of the idea but said nothing on the matter, with any luck the male would never find them and with time would even fade from the dusty wolf’s memory.

“So you’ve been here before?” Echo asked perched on the wolf’s back and holding on to his fine and silky fur.

“O-o-o-once yes.” He responded. “I m-m-met a b-b-blind g-g-girl w-who u-used a l-leopard t-t-to g-g-g-guide her.”

“Well what were you doing so far North in the first place anyway?” The bird asked, tilting his head to the side

“L-l-looking f-for B-b-b-boneset.” He said and paused to think “Actually if you could help me find some now…They grow in stalks with leaves that slope down, the flowers are small and white and look almost like snowflakes.” Spider said clearly. Whenever the subject of healing or herbs came up he always spoke clearly although he didn’t seem to be aware of it. He was almost an entirely different person; calm and methodical completely unlike the fidgeting mess he usually was.

Echo smiled to himself. “Right, downward sloping leaves and small white flowers.” He repeated before pushing off and taking to the air.

Spider had in fact been so absorbed in his conversation with the bird that the presence of the other wolf had gone completely unnoticed regardless of how large he was or the golden shine of his fur. It wasn’t until he followed the vanishing bird along the path of the wall that he noticed the strange male and immediately felt his blood run cold.

Spider   Echo  Toad

Gabriel I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
08-30-2017, 08:44 PM

FEAR NO EVIL

A stumbling dialogue met with his alabaster ears. The herald lifted his head in the direction of the conversation, expression quizzical. It halted very suddenly, and he frowned then. Someone was here, he could smell them. He pushed himself away from the wall, taking a few steps in the direction he'd last heard the voices. It was a masculine scent, and it was very suddenly tinged with fear. The golden male found himself scenting the air a little more intensively. Was there something to be afraid of? He couldn't scent any bears, or hear anything approaching.

"Pardon me, but is there someone there?" Uniform gaze of sea foam would stare blankly elsewhere, while he took a few more steps in the general direction of the other wolf. "Have I frightened you, by chance? I've been told I appear quite imposing, but I can assure you I wouldn't harm a fly." Neither would he harm a traitor, apparently. Samael's continued existence proved that. Whoever this was, they had nothing to fear from him. He aimed for a charming smile, intended to prove that he wasn't a threat. Whether or not it was taken that way was up to the stranger.

speech

Samael, as Gabriel's brother/stalker, will likely be making appearances in any/all of his threads to distantly stare at his interactions. Just an FYI.

**Also, his face is heavily scarred on the left side, none of his tables reflect this yet. Missing fur on the cheek, below the eye, and scars across the bridge of his muzzle and down his neck.

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
08-30-2017, 09:16 PM

OOC warning; Language

It was one of them, he just knew it, one of the giant wolves in the southern continent, they had gone north to avoid them and they had failed.

“Pardon me, but is there someone there?" The Beast called, he was blind apparently which might have been fortunate for the smal mottled wolf.“A God who’s blind? What fools.” He heard Toad growl in his mind and quickly tried to silence him as if the male could somehow hear his brother's voice.  Spider stepped back slowly his ears flattened against his skull only to have his paw come down on a branch issuing a sharp crack. Every hair on his body stood on end in an instant and he found himself unable to hold back a soft whine.

"Have I frightened you, by chance? I've been told I appear quite imposing, but I can assure you I wouldn't harm a fly."

If what Echo had old him was true that was a lie, the fierce Abacus family were merciless and tortured wolves for sport and bathed in blood. His heart began to beat faster as a myriad of possibilities ran through his head.

“Give him what he wants you stupid whore, before he rips you in two!” Toad roared in his mind.

“SPIDER!” He blurted, terror-stricken. “M-m-m-my n-n-name i-is S-s-s-s-s-s-s-…” his name caught in his throat, his legs beginning to shake as the fear of incurring the giant wolf’s wrath became more and more present in his mind.  

Spider speaking   Echo Speaking You Speaking Toad's voice

Gabriel I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
08-30-2017, 09:41 PM

FEAR NO EVIL

Crunching snow under paws smaller than his own. They were retreating from him. Oh Lord, had he frightened the other wolf? A very sudden sound, a snapping branch. Tall audits would push forwards, whiskers pointing outwards in search of something close by. "Have I done something wrong?" He questioned worriedly, snout reaching forth in search of something. Finally, he got a response. It wasn't the one he wanted. A very loud, terrified shriek. Like a startled horse, the balked and reared backwards. Ears shoved back, and eyes wide, he had to take a moment to process it. The male was stuttering profusely, as though the herald had stepped on him.

"Spider?" He questioned softly, assuming a posture that attempted to make himself smaller. The cold was forgotten. Ears low on his skull, and tail tucked just a little, he bent his elbows. "That's an interesting name. I haven't heard anything like that in my travels." He continued, hoping he was doing something right. Slowly, he lowered his haunches onto the hard packed snow beneath him. He felt like perhaps making himself a still object would be less threatening. He had no clue what this wolf looked like, but had a feeling he was rather small in stature.

"Spider, are you hurt? I don't know much about herbs, but I can help if you need me to." He offered in a quiet voice, inclining his head in what he hoped to be the direction of the strange young male.

speech

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
08-30-2017, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2017, 10:11 PM by Spider.)

He crouched into a low ball as the male came closer, his tail tucked hard against his belly. The stranger finished his name and to his surprise even complimented him. He even found himself with a moment to wonder where the male had been that parents didn’t give their children names like Spider, or Cricket, or Toad like his father Crab had. He supposed Church was slightly different but even Church’s alpha had been named Clout back when he was a soldier.

"Spider, are you hurt? I don't know much about herbs, but I can help if you need me to."

He snapped back to attention, his eyes still wide and practically about to jump out of his skull. Then it hit him; A giant blind wolf was asking him, a healer, if he was hurt. He gave a sharp nervous laugh, unable to help himself then cleared his throat before the fierce Abacus wolf had a change of heart and tore out his throat.

“N-n-no.” He said, clearing his throat a second time as his voice cracked.“I-I’m f-f-f-fine.” He said softly

"Why not make yourself useful for once?" Toad taunted.

"I-I-I-I'm-m-m a-aactually a h-h-healer." He said, his stuttering voice meek and cautious

Gabriel I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
08-30-2017, 10:49 PM

FEAR NO EVIL

It took a long time for a reply from the male, just as before. The herald hoped he wouldn't shout again. It was rather hard on his sensitive ears. He insisted, in what the golden male was beginning to understand, was his usual stumbling way, that he was okay. He waited patiently and with serene expression, for him to speak. He had dealt with similar speech issues a few times with wolves that had joined Father over the years. They simply needed time and understanding. Spider added that he was, in fact, a healer.

"Oh?" He said curiously. Somehow, he hadn't expected Spider to say that. "Well, then it seems you've no need for me, huh?" He laughed lightly and smiled brilliantly. A soft thump of his tail on the snow would display his jovial mood. It was a joke, meant to be an easy way to ease the smaller male's fears. It was oddly quiet out here, for some reason there didn't appear to be any nearby wildlife to provide ambience.

"Oh, forgive me," The sudden lapse in manners was almost inexcusable, and he winced just a touch. No doubt Father would have cuffed him over the head for that one. The thought made him shiver just a little bit, barely noticeable. "I haven't introduced myself! I'm Gabriel Morningstar. You can call me Gabe, if you'd like." The nickname was added as an afterthought, perhaps meant to warm the timid male to him.

speech

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
09-23-2017, 04:09 PM
He relaxed slowly, his ears unpinning from his skull one at a time although he still crouched ready to spring back. “H-h-hello G-g-gabe.” He sputtered, his eyes still watching him warily although he was calmer knowing the wolf hadn’t come from the family of giants his companion had warned him of.

“W-w-what-“

“What brings you this far north?”  A sudden voice interrupted, causing the cobweb colored wolf to look up sharply at the wall beside them. Echo sat calmly on the stone surface with a sprig of Boneset clutched in one clawed foot, watching the exchange between them peacefully. “Echo.” The wolf greeted, relaxing completely now that he was no longer alone. The bird fluttered down to rest on his companion’s back and nudge his ear reassuringly, Spider smiled, his tail swishing gently behind him.

He looked at the golden wolf, smiling although he couldn’t see it and introduced the bird. “T-this is m-m-my f-f-friend. E-e-echo.” He said, calmer although he couldn’t say with any certainty that he wouldn’t spring forward and try to eat the Kookaburra.

“Greetings.”  The bird said, spreading his wings and bowing elegantly from the wolf’s back.

Spider   Echo  Toad

Gabriel I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
09-24-2017, 03:07 PM

The response was slow, but nonetheless welcome from the other male. Tentative, stuttering vocals would make use of the offered nickname. “H-h-hello G-g-gabe.”The smile upon his dark lips would warm yet more. He began to slowly pose a question, in his own lilting and stumbling way. “W-w-what-“ However, he was cut off.

The fluttering of small wings, and a strange voice above the herald's head. “What brings you this far north?” Audits would swivel in an attempt to locate the source of the sound, expression quizzical.

Of course, to not answer would be rude. "I assume it is obvious I am not suited to the cold?" He would joke, still trying to figure out who had spoken. He scented no other wolves. The voice was different, too. It lacked the growling lilt of most wolves. "I was told that the north was a little better than the southern area this time of year, and I was curious." He explained. Spider greeted the stranger with a name, "Echo.". That was a lovely name. More fluttering of wings. Gabriel was beginning to have some suspicions as to the identity of the mysterious Echo. His ears pivoted to follow the movements as best he could.

The other male introduced Echo as his friend, who offered a greeting of their own. This time, coming from the same direction as Spider's voice. "Pardon my bluntness, but are you a bird of some variety, Echo?" Smooth baritones would question, nostrils flaring in hopes of locating a scent. All he could smell was an herb of some variety.

"Gabriel" Thoughts "Others"

IF YOU HAVE NIGHTMARES WE'LL DANCE ON THE BED

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
09-24-2017, 03:37 PM

Spider allowed himself a soft chuckle at Gabe’s comment about being used to the cold. He did seem quite cold all things considered. Spider’s pelt was more plush and soft despite the bare patches where he had nervously plucked away his fur, but the male seemed more than a little uncomfortable. He mentioned the weather being nicer at this time of the year and he had to laugh again. “F-f-f-for now.” He said, his tone light with an almost playful quality to it. “It’s a-alm-m-most unl-l-iveable a-a-a-after A-Autumn.” He explained the stutter receding now that he was more relaxed.

Gabe asked if Echo was a bird and he gave the loud hooting laugh of his species as a response. “Kookaburra.” He said chipperly and puffed out his feathers. The bird had reached the same conclusion his companion had a while ago; the other male was completely blind. The bird wondered if Spider knew some way to heal him, but from the way the male had been huddled into  a tight ball of nerves when he arrived he doubted it.

Spider   Echo  Toad

Gabriel I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
09-24-2017, 04:07 PM

Quiet laughter from the other male was heartening to hear. Hopefully he was becoming more comfortable. Gabriel didn't want to cause any stress, it wasn't who he was. Another soft thump of his tail against the snow. He was enjoying himself, all things considered. “F-f-f-for now.” Spider said in a jovial tone. The herald didn't doubt that it was going to get worse as the seasons passed. “It’s a-alm-m-most unl-l-iveable a-a-a-after A-Autumn.” The male added, with no sign of tension returning to his voice. A sage nod would be offered alongside his response. "Duly noted, I will remain further south once the leaves begin to fall." He said.

A very sudden and strange noise erupted from seemingly nowhere. Raucous hooting, like a laugh. Pressing his ears back, the male felt his heart rate spike. What was that? Sensitivity to sound had its drawbacks, as illustrated by the sharp recoil from the loud sound. Echo's voice followed. "Kookaburra." That must be what he was?

"It's a pleasure to meet you, I must say I've never encountered talking kooky-birds before." There he was again, bungling simple things. He leaned forward a little, seeking out the scent that was still teasing at his nostrils. "What is it that you have there? It smells.. like an herb?"

"Gabriel" Thoughts "Others"

IF YOU HAVE NIGHTMARES WE'LL DANCE ON THE BED

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
09-24-2017, 04:37 PM
Spider giggled his tail swaying gently behind him at the larger wolf’s mistake. “Kookaburra” the wolf corrected softly, the bird himself was far too busy trying to stifle another loud burst of laughter after seeing how startled the wolf had been after the first round of laughter. The male asked what the bird was carrying and Spider’s ears lifted to look at his companion. “B-boneset.” The wolf said with a soft smile although the other male couldn’t see it.

“It’s used for stomach pains and colds.” He said, the stutter gone as he explained the curative properties of the plant. His face fell slightly as he looked at the plant, realizing that he had no real reason to find it in the first place. “I d-d-don’t n-n-need it.” He said suddenly despondent. “I-if y-y-you w-w-want it I m-m-mean.” He said his ears folding back again. Some part of him knew who he intended to use the herb on, even though he hadn’t seen the other male for some time and there was in fact a good chance he was dead.

Spider speaking Echo You  Toad's voice

Gabriel I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
09-24-2017, 05:24 PM

FEAR NO EVIL

The land was still eerily quiet. No other birds, aside from the kooky one, made sound. Spider was quick to correct his mistake, repeating the correct species of the companion. "Kookaburra." The herald murmured it softly to himself, making sure it was right. Spider's light giggle was music to Gabriel's ears. "Pardon," He murmured by way of apology. It was not intended to insult, and he hoped the bird wasn't upset by his mistake.

It appeared his error was easily overlooked. Spider called the herb "B-boneset." His stutter wasn't as severe now. He sounded calmer, happier. "It's used for stomach pains and colds." It was almost a shock to hear the male speak without stumbling, but it was amazing nonetheless. The ease with which he offered the information was stunning. Audits would push forward curiously, snout questing forth cautiously as he tried to get a better idea of the scent. “I d-d-don’t n-n-need it.” The fear returned, and Gabriel worried his movement had been too much. He reigned himself in, holding himself still as he sat back on his haunches. The urge to apologise made it to the tip of his tongue, before he swallowed it.

“I-if y-y-you w-w-want it I m-m-mean.” The male continued. Gabriel thought on that for a moment. Lord knew that his siblings got into trouble, and ate things they shouldn't as children. However, as adults, mostly what tempted him was the cold curative aspect. He hummed softly in thought, before speaking. "Do you think you could show me where it is? I won't take any from you, but I would love to learn a little. " He said decisively, looking in the general direction of the other male. He hoped he was correct in where he was looking, since talking to others without looking at them was always strange. Or so he was told.

speech

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
09-25-2017, 08:20 AM
The male had moved closer to him but he hardly noticed, his thoughts were elsewhere on the russet male who had abruptly come into his life and then all at once vanished. He was so lost in his thoughts that he hadn’t even heard the male’s question.

“Sure!” The bird said chipperly “I’ll lead the way and Spider can guide you.” He continued before taking flight from the wolf’s back.

Spider stared dumbfounded for a moment before he realized what was going on and then paced ahead of the male “T-t-this way.” He said softly, his voice meek and shy again after his thoughts turned to Shiloh.

For all his bravado and roughness Spider had loved the other male deeply, his goals to conquer the world had filled Spider with a strange hope if only because the male had chosen him to be by his side. More than the physical aspect of their relationship Spider had believed in Shiloh and every so often he wondered if perhaps the male had found someone else to stand beside him and simply hadn’t bothered to reject Spider. “Why would he?” Toad’s voice growled in his mind. “You are nothing. You have always been nothing and will always be nothing.” A soft whimper escaped him and he found himself needing to stop and squeeze his eyes shut before he started to cry.

Gabriel I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
10-06-2017, 03:45 PM

FEAR NO EVIL

Echo spoke up excitedly, “Sure!” he said. “I’ll lead the way and Spider can guide you.” the flutter of his wings signalled his departure. Rising slowly to his feet, the male waited for Spider to get up as well. It was considerate that Echo planned it as such. Being blind was not something that angered the herald, and he loathed to be infantilised, but he found ease in being led. For a moment, Gabriel was worried that something was wrong with Spider. He hadn't gotten up yet.

“T-t-this way.” The male said quietly, and the sound of snow crunching underneath gave sense of his movement. Long strides pulled the larger male up alongside Spider. It was now that he could get a better idea of their size difference. Now he knew why he had frightened the male so. Surrounded by the larger sizes of his siblings, he tended to forget just how large he truly was.

They travelled for a little while in silence, without any sign of the kooky-bird anywhere. All of the sudden, Spider whined quietly. Audits would swivel towards the sound, muzzle turned to face that direction. The distress was evident from his new friend. Gabriel lowered his head slowly, snout seeking out the body of the other male. "Spider?" He said softly, brows drawn together with worry. "What's wrong, Spider?" He questioned. Had he done something wrong?

speech

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
10-17-2017, 09:11 AM

He inhaled deeply through his nose and exhaled through his mouth forming a brief puff of mist that the male thankfully couldn’t see. “Nothing.” He said softly, his voice thick with hurt and raw emotion before he continued onward after his companion.

The male walked in silence, his head low, his thoughts dominated by an abject feeling of loss that he could do nothing about. The thought of talking to the male while they walked beside the structure had occurred to him almost as an afterthought and he was unsure if he should even attempt it or if he should simply keep his mouth shut. “W-w-w-where are y-y-y-you-“ He trailed off the rest of his question caught in his throat. “F-from? “ He whispered, no entirely sure he wanted the other male to hear him. Gabe seemed nice but that could change, for all he knew the male already thought he was some kind of invalid.

Spider spotted the bird resting on top of the wall a few paces ahead of them and the small patch of herbs swaying in the gentle wind. He supposed if nothing else their time together was about to come to an end although the thought of that made him oddly melancholy

Gabriel I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
10-24-2017, 10:55 PM

FEAR NO EVIL

The force with which the smaller male inhaled was startling. Something was definitely wrong. However, with a voice burred by emotion, Spider said "Nothing." Not wanting to make the situation any worse, the male allowed himself to keep pace with the other man as they continued on their little escapade. It was silent for some time, while they meandered along. The wall was ever present at their side, detected only by the strange way the wind moved along it and disturbed his whiskers.

“W-w-w-where are y-y-y-you-" Spider was frightened again, stumbling with his words in a way that made the herald worry. Had he done something wrong? Upset this stranger in some way? When the other male paused to collect himself, Gabriel waited. “F-from?" he asked. The snow crunched under his broad paws for a few steps. "I came here with my siblings from a land not too far from here,"He said softly, eyes sliding closed as a wistful smile came to play at his lips. Homesickness tugged at his heart. "we came to spread the gospel of our Lord to this heathen land." There was no malice in his voice, it was a simple truth that he believed.

There was the soft scent of that herb again. They must be close. However, he was enjoying his talk with Spider. "And you, Spider, where do you hail from?" he questioned softly, alabaster brow rising quizzically. He was eager to learn about herbs, though he was also curious to see where the man had come from. Where was his home?

speech

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
10-25-2017, 07:47 AM

His head turned abruptly at the statement, stopping to look at him. Heathen land? Gospel?Was he one of the priests of the Weylyn god who had, for practically his entire life caused him grief and stress? Would he judge him like his brother had? Like Yosep commanded they should? “G-g-g-ospel?” He squeaked hesitantly. “O-of Y-Yosep?" He was afraid now, more afraid than he had been before, and he desperately wanted to be comforted by his friend. The bird looked at them curiously, they were close by but had stopped suddenly and the bird flew over to investigate, sensing the panic in his friend. Spider all but ignored his question, far too anxious about the faith the other man seemed so sworn to

Spider had never been particularly faithful to his own god; Yosep, the Weylyn god, the god of vagabonds, and had all but abandoned his faith after he discovered his affinity for other men. He had always assumed his lack of attraction to women was some kind of defect, a mental instability that caused a lurch of repulsion whenever women touched him in ways that were overly familiar or when they were in heat. Shiloh had shown him otherwise and had made him feel wanted and loved in a way that he thought was not so dissimilar to the love his sister had for her husband.

Gabriel I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
11-07-2017, 03:57 PM

FEAR NO EVIL

“G-g-g-ospel?” The other man stammered, sounding far from comforted by the Father. That worried Gabriel. How could the Lord bring fear to anyone? He was a loving Father, who would never hurt his devotees. Only sinners need fear him. “O-of Y-Yosep?" Ah, he understood now. The standstill was ignored, and he shook his head. The flutter of wings announced the arrival of the kookaburra, who was not a kooky-bird.

"No, I spread the gospel of my Lord, the one that raised me. He created me and my brothers, and raised us to be guradians of those who could not protect themselves. Our Father brought more siblings into the fold when we were old enough to raise them, and ever since we have been spreading His word to all who will hear." The herald said, hoping that would ease Spider's fears. He could not speak the true name of the Lord, for that was blasphemy.

"I hope this does not bring you distress or fear, I promise that my siblings and I are more saviours than anything else." He added, expression pinched as he waited to hear what Spider had to say.

speech

Spider

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Church
11-11-2017, 03:38 PM

“O-oh…” He said softly. “You’re…a g-g-god?” He asked tenuously, skepticism evident in his voice. Gabriel would be the second deity he had met in his life, the first had been in the southern continent and looked far different from Gabriel. “I k-k-knew a-another g-g-god…B-but y-y-you d-d-don’t l-l-l-look a-anything l-like h-him...” He said, stuttering but speaking more freely than he had before.

He thought back to the shadowy god he had met in the southern continent and felt his heart drum nervously. That god had been cruel and had given him an enchanted plant that made him drool like a moron and feel as if he were moving through thick mud. He had used it to inoculate him, and get close enough to touch him, to feel him, to brush his silky fur against Spider’s…Spider felt his face go hot again, and he found himself wondering if maybe the blasphemous affection he felt for other men had been caused by the enchanted plant he entire time, and then, more privately, he wondered if he would change it if he could. Would he have it any other way? He had felt more loved by Shiloh than anyone else, more than any woman ever had and most definitely more than any woman could.

His attention flickered back to Gabriel and he muttered a quiet apology, although why he couldn’t say.