Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
10-12-2017, 05:34 PM

Herb: Wolfsbane
She knew the volcano was here, she just didn't trust to come around it all that often. But for the sake of Sparrow, she would go for it. It was more likely to find the well known poison here than other places, so she would start here at least to get it out of the way.

She looked behind her to make sure the woman was close, but kept at an easy walking pace before continuing. She sniffed around lightly, her nose floating over the ground as she tip-toed her way through the dark gravel. She looked up only a moment to eye the top of the Volcano, hearing a distant boiling and the scent of brimstone that was throwing her nose off. 

But she would be back at it, and before long came to the trail of the poisonous herb. Following her nose straight there, she came to the side of the mountain's base and spotted the one rooted plant growing limply from the gravel-dirt and would turn to her alpha with a smile. "This is Wolfsbane, it's a well known poison but it can be used for other things. You just have to be super careful while handling it and using it." It was too far gone to pick, but it would still be easy for the healer to remember it's appearance and scent.

Walk "Talk" Think

Aranea has a british accent. Threads can produce a Depression Trigger.

(Ar-en-ay-ah Har-per Lah-or-ee)

Scent: Lavender
Alignment: Neutral Good
Season: Summer
Height: 26 inches
Home: Somnium - Dead

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
10-12-2017, 06:36 PM
OOC: Wolfsbane

Sparrow followed diligently, her short legs working hard to keep behind the yearling. She wasn't sure what they were looking for- well she knew the name, but not what it looked or smelled like. Aranea had to do all the hard part while Sparrow just managed to keep up.

Finally, Aranea seemed to come up on a lead and Sparrow focused on seeing what they were looking for. They came upon a small, wilted plant. Sparrow cautiously drew closer, but no closer than Aranea did. Sparrow sniffed at the plant, trying to pick up all the delicate odors it held.

"Wolfsbane," Sparrow whispered.

She couldn't tear her eyes away from the plant. After a while, she asked, "What... how does it poison you? What are the... symptoms?"

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
10-12-2017, 06:56 PM

OOC: It doesn't say  what actual side effects are so I'm just assuming xD
This was probably the first way to poison someone that Aranea was taught. It almost came as nature to talk about this plant, as if someone were talking about a dandelion. "You have to eat it in order for it to do anything. But it can cause sever vomiting and digestive problems. If someone eats enough it will go into their blood stream and eventually hit their brain and kill them. But the stomach problems are enough to kill someone after so long. You can bleed from your eyes and ears sometimes too."

She paused for a second, looking up to the volcano, it was probably noticeable that she was anxious about being here but she tried her best to stay at ease. "Only a petal or two is enough the use it as an actual herb though, depending on the size of the wolf."

Aranea was glad that Sparrow looked forward to learning about these things, as she was kicked out of her previous pack for wanting to learn and use poisons. "You can use it for a headache or as a typical pain reliever. But a lot of Healers will use for a wolf with a sever injury that needs to be sedated before treatment." She would wait for any more questions but was also open for the woman to offer something else up.

Walk "Talk" Think

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
10-12-2017, 10:14 PM
Sparrow soaked in every word Aranea said. So it was both a healing plant and a poison... like Garlic, as Harmony had once taught them as pups. Sparrow hummed in approval as Aranea went on about its uses and symptoms.

"How... do we handle it then? Without ingesting too much of it, I mean. Does it have a distinctive flavor, or can it be easily hidden for consumption?"

The young woman kept glancing at the mountain nearby. Sparrow didn't know about volcanoes and had certainly never seen one. Her brow raised, "Is there... something up there?" Sparrow had no idea they had drawn next to something so dangerous.

"Is that where they often grow?"

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
10-14-2017, 05:01 PM

"It usually tastes bitter but it's usually hard to sense when it's crushed and sprinkled over something. It loses it's taste as it ages but just as it loses it properties as well." Which is what her mentor taught her, to break it on a leaf and sprinkle it on a kill for the enemy to unexpectedly poison themselves. "Which, you can also combine it with a fruit or a piece of meat when using it for healing in case it tastes bitter."

"You just always want to take it at the root and never put the flowers in your mouth when moving it. Always carry it by the stem."

She looked back up at the mountain as the woman spoke about it, obviously noticing Aranea's paranoia. "Oh well... It likes to grow in gravel and rocky places but..." She paused, not wanting to alarm the Alpha or show her that she was scared herself. "This is a Volcano."

Walk "Talk" Think

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
10-18-2017, 07:47 PM
So this plant was bitter, huh? Sparrow figured that made sense given that it was a poison. Poisons tasted bitter, right? They should, anyway.

She was then instructed to grab it by the root or stem, not the flower. So the flower was the part that was actually poisonous?

Aranea said that the flower liked to grow in rocky or gravely places, but then noted that the mountain over there was actually a volcano.

"A... what?" Sparrow was confused as to what Aranea meant. "Do more herbs grow there?"

Her father had never really mentioned a volcano or what one was. Because of that, she was totally unsure of what Aranea was so nervous about.

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
10-20-2017, 09:33 PM

Her eyes widened in surprise as Sparrow asked if herbs grew there. My goodness! "Oh, no!" She shook her head a little exaggeratedly but her voice was more calm than shouty. "Nothing will grow there, it's far too hot for even us." Just the thought of it made her want to pant. But maybe that was just her anxiety too. Maybe the volcano wasn't that horrible, just in her mind.

But she thought for a second and would cock her head slightly to Sparrow's confusion. "Wait, you don't know what a Volcano is?" She questioned, finding it odd that someone so young would know these things in age comparison to the alphaess. Well she didn't pick the pack lands, her father did. So he must have at least known it was here.

"A Volcano is a giant mountain with Lava in it. Lava that will burn you, burn your leg right off or something." She stated though she wasn't a hundred percent sure what would happen. She had seen a stick boil into the magma before, but never a wolf. Maybe it was different, who knew. "But it's possible that the lava can come out of the top and come down like rivers. I don't know how to say when though..."

Walk "Talk" Think

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
10-31-2017, 06:58 PM
Sparrow shook her head at the young woman. She had never known what a volcano was. As Aranea talked about it, Sparrow grew suspicious.

"How do you know that's one?" she said, gesturing to the mountain. "Furthermore, is there any... less dangerous place that these herbs grow?"

Sparrow had never seen lava, but the idea of it didn't sound pleasant. It would make sense if dangerous herbs grew next to dangerous places, though.

Sparrow wondered if her father had known this was here. Why would he build a pack next to something like this? Sparrow was fairly suspicious of the yearling's analysis. She decided she would have to tell someone to go and investigate it. Maybe she could set some sort of rank that could strategically learn the land.