size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Briena
10-30-2017, 05:12 AM
Regulus Anatolii Adravendi

He was, admittedly, getting tired of resting. And so, today found him making his way to the mouth of the ravine. He didn’t intend on going very far out, having already worked in a patrol, particularly after Paladin had relented and admitted that a walk would help keep him from getting stiff.

Regulus had plans to speak with Castiel, and he kept with them, settling at the edge of the woods and tipping his head back to call out across the plains for his Uncle. A soft sigh escaped as he let his muzzle drop. He had much to consider, regarding his uncle. Castiel was getting older. The crimson Archangel knew the raid had taken its toll on both body and mind for many, and his uncle had lost an eye to the female he himself had fought.

However proud he was of his pack for their swift response, he still hated to admit that he felt sickened that skills had been allowed to grow dusty enough that so many had been so badly hurt. Sickened both with himself, and with his pack. How many times had he said they needed to step up their training? And how many times had there been next to no results? And how many timed had he allowed it? Too many. And it had cost them dearly.

He hated it. And a great part of him felt as though he had failed them. And with his children on the way… A fresh sigh huffed free as he stared out at the plains, watching for his uncle’s large white frame.

[Image: T8yHvja.png]

Castiel

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Keno
11-12-2017, 11:54 PM
The raid had left a sour taste in Castiel’s mouth… and his heart ached heavier than ever. Not only had one of their own been taken, but he as well as a couple others had maims to deal with. Poor Acapella… she’d been blinded in both eyes. A feeling that Castiel was starting to know, not that he voiced the concern to anyone. In his old age the sight in his remaining eye was going. But Castiel didn’t care about that so much… what ate at his heart was the fact two of his children were still out there missing. He’d been torn between staying with their mother and handicapped sister, hoping and praying that the boys might find their way home.

But they never did.

Hearing the call from his nephew Castiel rose and set out from the den. He truly felt his age now a days… and he could feel his heart aching more with each day that Viho and Ronen were out there away from home. The pale man pushed onward, his golden gaze searching for the bright red coat of his nephew. At least that was something he should be able to spot even with his failing vision.

...and soon enough he saw the red blurred figure. Castiel approached him quietly, head lowered, shoulders slumped down. He didn’t know what the younger male wanted to talk about… did this have to deal with their lack of training? The results of the raid? With all the missing children lately it seemed to be a constant worry that gnawed at the minds of the older wolves… and as for the younger ones? He didn’t know.

No smile lit up Castiel’s face as he moved before his nephew, coming to a stop. The older man eased his rump onto the ground, letting his head lift to see the young man he’d seen grow older, wiser. “Regulus…” The brute rumbled, at least trying to sound somewhat cheerful. It wasn’t a very successful one. He let out a soft sigh, waiting to see what his nephew had to say.

Regulus

Somnium
Ascended

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Briena
11-20-2017, 10:52 AM

He spotted the snowy form of his uncle, soon enough, and as Castiel drew nearer, it occurred to Regulus that the male was moving more carefully than he remembered. Of course, Castiel was nine, by now. A faint frown flickered across the Archangel’s features as the thought occurred that in a few short years, or sooner, the entirety of his grandmother’s only litter might be gone. And out of them all, he had only met Castiel and his own mother.

He shook his head slightly, turning his mind to the current moment. “Uncle Castiel. How are Kalliope and Etain?” Really, he should know already how they were, but with healing and being semi-confined to the main family dens for that healing, he wasn’t as in touch as he should have been.

Did his uncle even know yet that he would be a great uncle soon, with Regulus’ children? Surely so, since it was unlikely anyone in the pack could have missed Solveiga’s change of scent as the pregnancy had taken hold.

Castiel

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Keno
12-04-2017, 07:11 PM
Castiel let his gaze fall as he answered his nephew, closing both his ‘good’ and damaged eye. “As well as I could hope. They’re safe, unharmed from the raid…” The man let out another quiet sigh. When he let his gaze focus on Regulus again there was a distant look in it, almost sad. “I still can’t help but wonder what became of Ronen and Viho though… I’d always thought Viho would have little trouble with anyone, big as he was…” There was a touch of guilt in Cas’ voice. “...and what with this whole raid… it feels as though the whole pack was shaken. Sure we might have fought off Talis, sent them home… but…”

Castiel was not blind to the damage on their side… and the older man didn’t mean to speak on such a sad note, but the raid and his missing sons had been on his mind for some time now. “Regulus… make me a promise, will you?” Castiel spoke suddenly, averting his gaze from the red wolf. “When your own children are born… keep them close. Don’t let yourself know what it’s like to have them missing, even if for a moment.” He had indeed noticed Solveiga’s change in scent. He just didn’t want his nephew to end up with missing children like so many other Celestial families seemed to be suffering with.

Regulus

Somnium
Ascended

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Briena
12-18-2017, 07:48 AM

The Archangel listened to his uncle’s words, nodding quietly. “I should have been getting everyone trained more… seen to it that spars were happening… Perhaps if I had been, we would have suffered less injury.” He shook his head, muzzle tipping away as his eyes sought through the still forms of the trees around them. “Hindsight hurts like a kick to the ribs.”

His eyes swung back to Castiel’s as the older wolf spoke again. He listened, then nodded his silent understanding. “To the best of my ability, I promise you that.” He just hoped he could keep that promise.

He paused, then asked, “I haven’t seen much of Kalliope and Etain… You said they’re unharmed from the raid, but are they well? Healthy?” his voice carried a note of concern to it.