Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
11-06-2017, 05:16 PM

The scents of flowering plants drew the herald further into the south. He wanted to learn more about herbs, to be able to care for his family. Spider had helped him a little, but there was more to be done. He should seek out someone to teach him, it would make the process quicker.

Alabaster paws stretched with each long stride, paws finding the ground softly. A low hum was rumbling from his chest, a tune he had sung to the younger litter when they were pups. Now, it was just a little ditty to keep his mind occupied. The swish of foliage in the gentle breeze, coupled with the rich, peaty scent of herbs brought him peace. A few more steps brought him into the midst of it all. Lowering his snout, he sought out the sharp scent of Lavender. That was one he recognized instantly, and one he felt comfortable identifying correctly.

"Gabriel" Thoughts "Others"

IF YOU HAVE NIGHTMARES WE'LL DANCE ON THE BED

Samael, as Gabriel's brother/stalker, will likely be making appearances in any/all of his threads to distantly stare at his interactions. Just an FYI.

**Also, his face is heavily scarred on the left side, none of his tables reflect this yet. Missing fur on the cheek, below the eye, and scars across the bridge of his muzzle and down his neck.

Raphael

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
11-06-2017, 06:00 PM

“Brother.” His deep and authoritative voice boomed. He had approached Gabriel downwind, carefully minding his steps so as to not make a sound as he approached, just as he had  done many years ago when they were both all paws and downy fur and would continue to do for many years after.

He had yet to find Michael, the one person who he had hoped would make sense of the madness that had brought him here but Gabriel was dependable, and loyal to their Father, or at least he was as far as he knew, and hopefully he would assist him in putting an end to the madness Lucifer- the vile snake- had been concocting in this foreign and godless world. The wind changed and he froze, his eyes steeling. Gabriel smelled of the serpent, worse he smelled of the abhorrent demons Lucifer had whelped. He felt a deep rage burn in him like an uncontrollable fire and in an instant quelled it, closing his eyes and opening them slowly.  “Gabriel, brother, what have you done?”

Speaking  Thinking You

Gabriel I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
11-06-2017, 06:12 PM

Familiarity bled into his auds in the form of his brother's voice. "Brother." Head would snap up, aiming to point his snout in the direction from which his brother arrived. "Raphael." The herald rumbled affectionately, expression warm. He had missed the male who had shared a youth with him. While he was stern, just as Michael was, Gabriel loved him no less than the rest. It had been a while since he had seen his brother, and they had much to talk about.

"Gabriel, brother, what have you done?" The other male questioned, voice grave in tone. Muscles stiffening, the herald tipped his ears back. Cocked his head to one side, brows drawn together in question. A few steps closer, and he aimed to close the gap between them. "Brother mine, I searched for you. All of you. For weeks. Where have you been?" He said softly, blank gaze searching. Did he still carry the stench of Lucifer upon him? Did it upset his brother? Lord, he never wanted any of this. Everything was so complicated, and he just wanted to live his life. Preach the gospel in this land, and enjoy each day. Not feel the loathing of his blood, and fear for his life.

Samael, as Gabriel's brother/stalker, will likely be making appearances in any/all of his threads to distantly stare at his interactions. Just an FYI.

**Also, his face is heavily scarred on the left side, none of his tables reflect this yet. Missing fur on the cheek, below the eye, and scars across the bridge of his muzzle and down his neck.

Raphael

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
11-06-2017, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017, 06:47 PM by Raphael.)

“With our Father.” He said with just a touch of contempt, but all the same moved his body broadside as his brother sought him out and brushed the fur of Gabriel’s cheek with his shoulder as he did to aid his disabled brother in finding him. He would explain. Raphael knew he would, knew he wouldn’t be so foolish as to trust whatever lies the serpent came up with. “I came following Michael, I assume you have seen him as well.He said, emphasizing his words enough to tell his brother that he knew he had found the filthy bastard of a brother Lucifer was-

He bit back his fury again and inhaled deeply. He was tired, weary from travel, and Gabe of all people didn’t deserve the full brunt of his ire. Gabriel was kind above all; kind to a fault as he no doubt had been to Lucifer and his demon brood. “Tell me what you know.” He said, his deep voice surprisingly gentle, like a soft current that could just as easily fall from the edge of a cliff in a deadly waterfall, or meaner gently around a bend. Powerful, but not threatening. 

Speaking  Thinking You

Gabriel I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
11-06-2017, 07:22 PM

Gabriel would have needed to be deaf to miss the tone of his brother's voice when he alluded to his whereabouts. "With our Father." He announced. The herald could imagine his chest puffed out, chin raised proudly. Raphael forgot the sin of Pride, to think one above the other was wrong. His shoulder came into light contact with his cheek, and the herald tugged on the thick derma there with his teeth. A friendly gesture Michael would never have suffered to go without punishment. "I came following Michael, I assume you have seen him as well." Lord, he knew. Raphael was a smart one, always had been. The next words, "Tell me what you know." came as no surprise.

Bumping his head gently against Raphael's shoulder, he spun on a heel to face in the same direction as he. Lowered his haunches gracefully to the ground, and let his tail settle limply on the terra. Expression held itself stoic upon his defined features. "Our beloved brother wishes me dead, or terribly deformed at the least." He rumbled, taking in the scents and the sounds. There were more birds here than elsewhere. They were nearing their wintering grounds, most likely. "I couldn't do it, Raph." he said, sighing heavily. Lean shoulders drooped with the truth of it all. "I fell into a strange ravine, and he was there. Lucifer. He didn't attack me. I couldn't bring myself to kill him." He continued, vocals low and soft. Admission brought with it the heavy weight of shame. "I could not shake the mirage of him, young and boisterous, from the Fallen one he is now. I left, prayed to the Lord I would never see him again." Shaking his head, he saw now the foolishness of it all. Of course that was a mistake. Suffering a demon to live? Unthinkable. He had disappointed the Lord, and brought sin into their family. Invited it wantonly into their sanctuary. "I knew he was stalking me, after that. I heard him, in the distance, and I smelled him in places. He found me on several occasions, and thought himself my caretaker- I believe. Brother, he thinks I am incapable and weak. But..." Lord Father, lend him strength. Raph was going to slaughter him, he could feel it. Just as Michael had promised. "Michael and I found one another, and he began to attack. Our brother believes that I have been partaking in... sexual encounters with Lucifer. How could I sin so? You know me, Raphael. I wouldn't blaspheme in such a heinous way. You have to know that."

Another sigh. The titan felt his lungs in his chest, all too suddenly. He felt each inflation, and the way it expanded his ribs. "Lucifer, he attacked our brother. Tore into him- they both tried to destroy each other. I had to end this all there, banish Lucifer from these lands and my presence. I have heard from no one since." Paw found a tiny pebble, swiped it into the undergrowth before them. "I am afraid this is all my fault, brother. My weakness has allowed sin into our holy family. I understand if you choose to cleanse me, or purge me from His light." It was true. By now, through the course of his explanation, he had come to accept it. He was not worthy, at this point. He had conversed with the devil himself, and allowed the serpent to touch and joke with him. Unacceptable. Perhaps Michael had been right to seek his destruction.

Raphael

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
11-06-2017, 07:43 PM

Raphael listened intently and then sat once his brother had finished. “I see.” He said after a long pause then lifted his head to rest his chin against Gabe’s forehead. “The serpent is cunning.” He declared. “You are not weak, you are merciful that is not a crime.” He said firmly. “The demon saw this you and manipulated you as any demon would, but above all the demon king has.” He was resolute, sure of his assessment. “You are the herald; your weapon is the horn; the announcement of His glory and grace. The sword is with Michael, and I will tell him as such myself.” He said firmly and then pulled his head away, having heard Gabriel’s confession and given him solidarity.

He chided himself for thinking so poorly of his brother, his gentle hearted brother, the man who was all the sweetness of Spring, and all the warmth of Summer. He had underestimated Lucifer, the disgusting creature had turned his brother against each other and had plated a seed of such insidious guilt in Gabriel’s heart that he felt miserable. “I beg your forgiveness.” He said after a long pause. “I was hasty in my judgement, and now I see that you are underserving of my wrath.” He said and waited for his brother to respond. 

Speaking  Thinking You

Gabriel I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
11-06-2017, 08:08 PM

The gentle whump of Raphael's rump resting on the ground beside him was reassuring. If he wanted to maim him, Raphael would have remained standing. Raphael said simply "I see." Then was silent again. His chin pressed lightly on Gabriel's forehead, grounding him in this moment. "The serpent is cunning." Raphael assured him next, voice booming in his sensitive ears. There was no mishearing these words. "You are not weak, you are merciful that is not a crime." He continued, and Gabriel wondered if he had spoken to Michael at all. The smallest of their group would definitely say otherwise. Would proclaim it from the heavens if he could. "The demon saw this you and manipulated you as any demon would, but above all the demon king has." The male spoke enlightenment with those words. Of course! The strength of Raphael's voice kept him believing it, brought the light back into his heart. "You are the herald; your weapon is the horn; the announcement of His glory and grace. The sword is with Michael, and I will tell him as such myself." This brought anxiety to leech at the herald once more, as the grounding force of Raphael's body near him was removed. Gabriel knew Michael was stubborn, set in his ways.

Drawn within himself, trapped in contemplation, Gabriel nearly didn't hear his brother speak again. "I beg your forgiveness." Raphael announced very suddenly. Brows drawn together by confusion once more, the golden male's muzzle pointed itself int Raphael's direction. "I was hasty in my judgement, and now I see that you are underserving of my wrath."

A soft, breathy chuckle would pass his inky lips. Warmth flooded his expression, tender as if his brother was one of their youngest siblings. "You have it, Raphael. You always will, brother mine." He promised, vocals solemn as a vow. He bumped his shoulder against Raphael's, rising slowly to his feet. Muscles quivered as he stretched languidly. "Now come, I believe a short walk is in order. I found a lovely little spot where we might be able to establish a den, come see." He offered, tail flicking gleefully.