Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
11-25-2017, 09:42 AM

Naudir worked her way down the mountainside towards the cove and the ocean. Despite having lived in the north most of her life she knew quite little of its territories beyond those lands she called home. After the fall of Yfir she'd taken to wandering farther and farther south. Something about the shift in her situation just drove her to sever ties with anything that reminded her of Yfir for a time until she'd come to grips with its fate and her own. There was something like guilt gnawing at her heart over it. Had she stayed true to what she'd been taught she'd have re-established Yfir the first chance she got but it was not in her nature to lead. She knew that.

Naudir's movements were slow, more cautious than usual for both her ravens were snuggled up in her ruff and making the journey slow. They were not tiny chicks but old, crotchety and far larger than they seemed to take in to account but they'd been her rock through much of her struggles and much of her visions. The ravens offered great insight into the will of the gods. They were crucial to her life and she could not quite imagine what it would be like without them.

Coming to stop on the black sand beach with the waves rolling in bring the smell of salt and sea she inhaled deeply. It was good to be back.

"Talk"

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - LesbianBeeventVolcano
11-25-2017, 11:34 AM
IF I HAD A HEART I COULD LOVE YOU
Ásvor had spent far too long in lands that were not the north for her comfort. Though the southern lands of Boreas had interesting, full of herbs and knowledge that she knew she couldn't find in the north, she was drawn back to the lands of her youth - at least for now. She'd encountered most of her family so far, and it was hard to believe that fate hadn't somehow drawn them all together again. The feeling of snow crunching beneath her paws was a refreshing sensation, and she relished in winter's arrival as she made her way toward northern Boreas' western shoreline.

As soon as she caught a hint of Naudir's scent she found herself trailing after it. The terrain shifted, harsh mountains giving way to to a vast beach littered with dark sand. The wind coming from the ocean ruffled her fur and sent a shiver down her spine. Her posture slackened as she drew closer - it was easier to let her guard down when she hadn't smelled another wolf for miles now.

As she drew closer, the scent of a pack on Naudir's coat became more apparent. It was a strange, almost unsettling thought that her siblings might've found a pack to join that was not ruled by a Finnvi, but she was curious as to what had fueled her sister's decision. A small smile painted her features as she increased her pace, recognizing her sister - and the faint outline of the two ravens nestled in the fur of her neck - standing and facing the horizon. A soft bark announced her arrival, slowly falling in line to stand at her side, briefly eyeing her before casting her gaze to the ocean as well. "Sister," she breathed quietly, somewhat wistfully, "What have you been up to?"

IF I HAD A VOICE I WOULD SING

Naudir

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
12-03-2017, 02:28 PM

Naudir strolled across the black sand beach. She took in the shifting waves of the ocean and the strong palms that loomed over head from time to time. Apart from some seagulls she had yet to see much in the way of potential prey. A soft bark caught her attention and she turned to see her sister. A soft smile melted across her face as her tail began to wag lightly. "Ásvor, dear sister, it is good to see you!" She moved across the sand, reaching out to nuzzle her sister in greeting. It really felt like it'd been to long since she'd seen any of her family.

Naudir pulled back as her sister spoke. "Quite a lot, I'm sure you've noticed but I've joined a pack. I do not yet know what to make of it. The pack is young and so is the leader. It's called Dauntless and it's taken up residence at Waterfall Peak." Old Yfir territory. Naudir didn't need to tell Ásvor of the kind of memories that were drawn up by living in her old homeland again. "The region is special to me. I seek to watch over it, at least for a time."

"Talk"

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

12-07-2017, 08:32 PM
Around her family, she made no effort to conceal her emotions - the smile that graced her features came easily. Likewise, she made no effort to conceal that curiosity that burned bright in her blue stare as she looked Naudir over and tested her scent. "Likewise," she returned the sentiment gently, her brows raising as Naudir began to speak, answering her question - knowing what she'd been most interested in before she'd had to even ask.

Waterfall Peak, hm? Ásvor hadn't scoped out the territory in some time, so she hadn't noticed the pack move in.. but she was intrigued. "That's certainly interesting news," she mused aloud, her expression softening as she thought it over. "Joining a pack not run by one of our family feels a bit odd to me, but if they inhabit our lands.." And if Naudir had chosen to join, something must be appealing about the group, right? "Do you think there's room for another Finnvi there?" Amusement danced in her eyes as she waited for Naudir's reaction. Living in familiar lands, with her sister, did sound appealing.. and maybe it'd give her a chance to hone her skills for awhile, certainly more easily than she ever could as a rogue.

Naudir

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
12-16-2017, 03:25 PM

Naudir nodded as Ásvor stated that joining a pack that was not Yfir would feel a bit odd. "It does. Dauntless will never be Yfir but the pack is young and still finding its feet." She gazed out across the ocean. She'd hoped often that Yfir one day might rise again but that seemed a dream long since passed. She had no interest in rule and she doubted any of her siblings cared to revive the pack and so Yfir would pass into legend like other great kingdoms before it. "I needed a home base from where I could rebuild my ambition. Roaming blindly has dulled my sharpness. If anything it should be an experience, good or ill."

As her sister asked if there was room for another Finnvi she stared at the other woman in surprise. She'd been meaning to ask her siblings if they had any interest in dwelling in one of their old homelands once again. She smiled and nodded. "Of course! The pack is small yet, there is room for all our family if the interest is there. I do not think mother would find the idea appealing but there is a benefit to us. There are healers as well that may be able to help you with your craft." She wasn't sure the skills yet of her pack mates but it would be better than nothing.

As for her mother, Naudir still planned to visit the woman. Dauntless had rules that one should renounce their ties to any family before joining. Tyrannis had failed to mention this when he'd announced his pack in the Battlefield. It was a potential bone of contention. She would never renounce the ties to her family. After all, her family were loners and the likely hood of them joining a pack was slim. A smattering of loners was unlikely to pose any threat to the pack. Naudir frowned slightly as she gazed at Ásvor. She wondered, though, if Tyrannis would try to make her sister take such an oath. What would he do if he found out? Well, she supposed she'd be kicked out of Dauntless but if that were to happen then the gods had willed it. Besides, her sister was actually interested in joining a pack! Should things take a sour turn with Dauntless perhaps they could look at some others together.

"Walk with me Ásvor, there are a few things you should know." She turned to carry on down the black sand beach, eager to continue her explorations as she worked out what to tell her sister and how to do so.

"Talk"

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

12-21-2017, 01:21 PM
Asvor felt invigorated now with the possibility of gaining some knowledge and training from this pack. It wasn't perfect, but she knew the gods had their plans and that someday it would all make itself apparent to them both. For now, she was happy to take advantage of whatever opportunities were available to her. She could definitely relate to her sister's words about being on her own softening her ambition; she nodded quiet agreement. "I feel similar. I used to have such a drive for learning more about herbs and their uses, but it can be discouraging being on your own without much guidance."  Perhaps Dauntless would be beneficial for them both and give them some kind of direction that they'd lost.

Watching surprise paint Naudir's face made her grin widen, her expression amused. She didn't think Katja would ever feel comfortable in such a pack either, but perhaps their other siblings might entertain the idea. She wondered if Alfrun would have any insight into such an endeavor. Surely the gods would give her, of all the Finnvi children, some direction. The light mood seemed to shift after a moment, and Asvor couldn't quite place the source of the change. She seemed less thrilled now, suggesting they walk together and talk. Asvor offered a shrug. "Sure, sister," she offered with an easy smile, moving to walk at her side down the shoreline - wondering what could possibly be weighing on her mind.

Naudir

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
12-29-2017, 09:09 PM

Seagulls scattered as Naudir strode down the beach, trying to order her thoughts. "Dauntless does have one unusal rule that I did not pick up until after I joined. When members join Dauntless they may be asked to renounce any family ties before joining. I was not asked this and so I have made no such vow." She pawed lightly at the sand where she thought she saw a little jet of water squirt up from the depths. She assumed they were to be given time to talk to family and persuade them to join but Naudir would not forsake her family even if they did refuse. "I do not know what this will mean for us if you are asked that question." It did not occur to Naudir to lie. She was true to her word and would not easily deviate from it. "I suppose if it is not acceptable for us to stay in Dauntless we could always search for another pack together or perhaps see if we can find a lone healer." She chuckled lightly. "I seem to remember once we discussed procuring a teacher for you by my dubious means."

"Talk"

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

01-04-2018, 11:55 AM
It was hard not to worry that Naudir's words might not be entirely.. good. If they were, Asvor figured she would've spoken by now rather than inviting her to walk and collect her thoughts before speaking. Either way, she was quiet, enjoying her sister's company nonetheless. Her interest was piqued when the silence was broken, her sister explaining that Dauntless had one unusual rule. To renounce any family ties before joining.

The thought didn't settle well with her at all, though she was glad to hear Naudir hadn't been asked to make such a commitment; family, and their gods, came first and foremost to the Finnvi family and she couldn't imagine a relationship with a sibling who believed such things right. She hummed lightly as she considered this new bit of information. "I know mother would never join. Alfrun is equally as unlikely, depending on what the spirits have told her. And the others.." Asvor found herself shrugging helplessly. Perhaps they might even guide Naudir and Asvor to not enter a bond of loyalty with this pack, but she hadn't seen Alfrun recently enough to know. It'd been even longer since she'd encountered Taufr, and who knew if Raesa had any interest in packs. No, renouncing her ties to her family wouldn't be possible - she shook her head, but considered it for a moment longer before speaking.

Perhaps unlike Naudir, Asvor wasn't so apt to be honest. A slight smirk tugged at her lips. "I have no issue with... stretching the truth," Asvor remarked wryly. She wouldn't make a fuss of Naudir disagreed, but it was a thought nonetheless. "It's not as though we see enough of our family that Dauntless' alpha would have much way of finding out." Her growing smirk said that she didn't mind risking it, whatever the cost. Naudir's suggestion earned a light chuckle from her too. "You don't have to lie for me, if the question came up, but it may be a risk worth taking. What do you say?" Her eyes sparkled with playfulness as she moved to nudge Naudir's shoulder with her snout. If anything, it would be an experience, though hopefully not a bad one.

Naudir

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
01-20-2018, 09:49 PM

Naudir let the wind wrap around her as she nodded at Ásvor's words. She would make a note to ask her mother and her other siblings about joining Dauntless but she was almost certain Katja would answer no. The others were also likely to decline. Naudir would just go with the flow and see how everything played out but she would not deny who she was and who was important to her. If it turned out she was not a good fit for Dauntless then she would go. No questions asked. No grudges.

Naudir grinned at Ásvor and nodded. She could take her time hunting down her family and asking them to join. After all, no one had said no to her yet and if she played it right surely she'd have little to worry about. She pondered her sisters words then nodded. "Agreed. At this point in our lives we'd grow best in a pack and as Finnvi we can weather anything." She reached over to nuzzle her sister's shoulder. "I've missed you Ásvor. It will be nice to live with a member of my own family again for awhile instead of relying on glimpses and chance meetings. Come on, I'll show you to Dauntless!"

-exit. Shall I start a thread on the Dauntless border?-

"Talk"