gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
12-20-2017, 09:43 PM

Having turned a year had seemed like a big deal, but now that he was out on his own it just seemed like it meant he got to be alone more. Well, maybe that was a big deal for some people but to Amos it just meant he was bored and lonely more frequently. Rogdar was probably fine, off causing trouble. Little shit. Huffing irritably, Amos wandered aimlessly through the dismal scene. A land that marked the beginning of what appeared to be a desert, littered with bits of things now broken that probably looked nothing like what they used to be. Metal, shiny broken pieces of things crushed to shattered fragments of their potential past glory lay strewn across the sand. It was sort of beautiful in a sad and dreary kind of way.

Looking back towards the east, Amos could make out distant grey clouds. It was probably still cold and snowing, and despite his mood he was in no rush to return to the familiar so instead the boy opted to wander through the arid land, paws sinking slightly into the warm, soft sand. Eventually he came upon a large metal thing. It smelled of rust and decay, though it looked as though it might have been something interesting before it was nothing. Bits of the faintest blue were found in patches on it and Amos wondered if that was it's color before it became rust red in most places. Climbing atop the thing, Amos settled down to lay on it, though he disliked how his claws clicked on it when he'd walked over the thing. Sparkling razor sharp crystals of glass were scattered around it, though on one side a sheet lay intact and he looked through it to find some sort of cave inside the metal beast, though he wasn't keen on trying to enter any time soon.

Walk. "Speak!" "Think."

Table image by Nesla

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
01-08-2018, 09:47 PM

He had decided to take a little trip out of the pack lands today, to get a look around and maybe even meet a few new faces. He had also hoped to look for new hunting spots, now that they were down a member he felt he should also try to pitch in there too. So he had left early in the morning and headed to the lake nearby, hoping that it would be a good spot to trail some game. The lake should have a good population of game around it since it was one of the main water sources of the south.

Moving along the male lowered his head to the ground he began to take in the scents around him. Looking for new and for old scents, just starting with figuring out if this was a well visited spot. So far it was seeming like old scents, but as he got closer more and more began to arise. Some fresh and some old, but more and more scent trails crossed and mixed telling him that this was indeed a good spot. Eyes spotted trailed, beaten down in the earth by animals traveling the same route. He grinned knowing that this would indeed be a good spot.

"Talk" | 'Think'

Amos

Loner
Legionary

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
01-10-2018, 09:23 PM

Lounging about on the object he had no name for was all well and good, but GOSH did it get boring fast. He rolled to one side, stretching his legs and yawning, then settled for a bit. Later, he'd roll onto the other side and huff loudly, boredom settling over the boy like a dark cloud, drawing his ears back and creating an irritable expression on his face. Now what? The sun beat down on his dark coat and Amos was losing interest in this place. It was kind of cool to look at the weird stuff here, but not by himself!

It wasn't until he thought he spotted the man off in the distance that Amos began to perk up a bit. He watched the guy wander a bit closer, seeming to be sniffing around for... Something. What? Why? Curiosity got the best of him and eventually Amos hopped down from his perch, landing lightly in the sand below and went sauntering over to the stranger, tail swinging side to side in friendly fashion as he barked a welcoming, "Hello! What are you doing, if you don't mind my asking?" Quick to the point, but not so much to the introductions. That part always happened eventually though so he didn't worry much over his neglecting to initiate them.

Walk. "Speak!" "Think."

Table image by Nesla

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
01-14-2018, 09:15 PM

He was hoping that perhaps he could find decent game to take home to the pack, but if he didn't at least he could get some exploring done. He needed to do more of that, go out and explore. Hopefully doing some of that he could maybe run into some loners and maybe bring some new members back to the pack with him, or at least makes some friends. Either way there would be something promising for exploring. He had considered talking with Rory about moving the pack, but he was holding back. He thought maybe the east would be a little better for them, but Rory and Faite had family nearby here in the south so he was vary hesitant in suggesting it.

Soon he was pulled from his thoughts and his scent searching when a male's voice called out. He paused lifting his head to look to where the voice came from. Not far ahead of him was a dark pelted young male who looked curious about what he was doing. He didn't at all look like a threat.

"Looking for prey trails in hopes to do some hunting today." he replied.

"Talk" | 'Think'

Amos

Loner
Legionary

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
01-27-2018, 01:11 AM
Amos studied the man carefully but remained as smiley and bright as ever. This guy was tall and looked like a fighter. Apparently he was also a hunter though cause that's what he said he was looking to do. Hunting was okay too, Amos supposed. "Oh, well that sounds kind of fun I guess. What kind of prey are you looking for? Big animals, or smaller ones?"

Leaning into a bow so he could stretch out his shoulders, the yearling let his tail wag a few times. This guy smelled like a pack Amos didn't recognize. It made him wonder about all the package and how they might vary from one to another. He suspected each one was relatively different, though in the end they were all packages with an alpha and structure so he figured the key must be to find the alpha you liked best. Hm. Interesting. Yawning a little and standing straight again he grinned at the older man and asked, "Can you teach me about what you're doing?"

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
02-04-2018, 10:16 PM

The younger male seemed vary interested in what he was doing which was okay in Frost's book. He seemed nice enough so far so why not stop and get to know him better. Maybe he could even manage to recruit the younger male, but he wasn't counting on it. His ears perked at the male's question,

"Big, there is plenty of small game at home in the pack lands, I'm trying to find herds of bigger prey for a few in the pack to take down," he replied.

He seemed fairly young still, but Frost wasn't sure if that mattered. Younger wolves were always sent out with the older ones back in the clan. That way they could learn as much as they could about life outside of the clan so they could be better prepared for when they were older. The male showed interest in learning about what Frost was doing making him wonder how much lesson he had from his parents. Maybe he had even been taught much from his parents or if he was simply in the process of being taught.

"Of course I can," he replied with a smile. "I'm Frostbite Wreckage and you are?"

"Talk" | 'Think'

Amos

Loner
Legionary

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
02-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Big prey? Cool, that sounded fun! Amos had never been brave enough to try and hunt with other loners, so he didn't have much of anything in the way of experience with big game. It sounded kind of thrilling to go after something significantly larger than you and work together to bring it down. "Like pronghorn, or bigger?" he asked, now quite interested in the conversation at hand. What else was around that was bigger anyways? Maybe regular deer. Elk didn't come down here did they? Hmm...

"Great!" he exclaimed, obviously excited at the idea of getting to learn something new and hunting related. Sure, he could hunt for himself fine. But tracking prey and keeping tabs on their movements and activities wasn't something he'd spent a great deal of time learning about. Or, maybe he just didn't pay good attention? Entirely possible. "M' name's Amos Allantide! Nice ta meet you, Frostbite." his tail swung side to side and he gave the older man the friendliest smile possible. Suddenly having someone to talk to had him in quite a good mood.

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
02-25-2018, 08:57 PM

The younger male seemed happy to have some company and honestly Frost was to. He was more then happy to have company from others especially when they are as friendly as Amos seemed to be. He was asking what exactly Frost was looking for and the male smiled.

"Yes actually, Proghorn are a bit difficult to hunt, but some mule deer are great to hunt around here," he replied.

He seemed excited to get started and it only made Frost's mood even better. He liked to be able to pass his knowledge on to others. It felt good to him to be able to teach another valuable knowledge that they could use in thier life.

"It's nice to meet you Amos, You've hunted before I'm assuming?" he replied wanting to know where exactly he should start his lesson.

"Talk" | 'Think'

Amos

Loner
Legionary

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
03-17-2018, 02:05 PM
This guy seemed nice enough, especially since he bothered to entertain Amos' curiosity rather than brushing him off. Always nice to meet someone patient enough to let him sate his need to learn anything and everything. Taking in Frost's explanation, he filed the info away in case he might need it for later use. "Okay, cool. Hey, are there deer you can take down by yourself? I mean I guess it depends on one's size..." He had to cut himself off from dragging the conversation off into irrelevant discussions. It was way too easy for him to distract himself in drowning others in the many questions that filtered through his mind.

Nodding vigorously, he beamed, "Yessir! But, I must admit I'm more a hunter of opportunity rather than someone who uses actual skill... Like, I don't always know what to look for when following a scent trail, or where the best places to start looking for them might be. Usually i see something and i go from there if I'm hungry." he shrugged. He could probably do better if he applied himself but that took a lot of time away from doing other things, like exploring, and fighting! "Also, since I haven't really hunted big game, what do you look for when picking an individual to take down from a herd?"
[Image: Yos2LI0.png?1]

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
03-18-2018, 08:47 PM

Frost liked to teach what he knew, he was taught to pass his knowledge to others especially young ones. He hoped that someday he would have his own children to pass his knowledge to. Amos started with a question, a good one indeed and it seemed he had somewhat figured the answer already.

"Your right, it all depends on your size and the animals size. You could easily take down a fawn with no problem, but a yearling may be difficult depending on it's size. I would look more towards does because they won't have the added antlers to worry about when taking down," he replied.

He went on to explain he was more of a opportunity hunter which Frost could understand, but it also could make the young male's survival rough if prey wasn't in big numbers. Though scavenging was also an option for a loner if it was needed.

"Well with picking up a trail you really can start anywhere, it depends on what your aiming to hunt. As far as what to look for would be tracks, scat, or even broken brush," he replied. "When looking to take down an animal I normally aim for the young, the old, the sick, or the already injured they would be the better choices. Sometimes it takes a few moments to sit and watch the herd before being able to see a good target."

"Talk" | 'Think'

Amos

Loner
Legionary

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
05-16-2018, 12:21 AM
Hmm, seems pretty straightforward." he mused. Amos wondered what really little wolves did as loners. They probably had to either find hunting partners or stick to small prey. Were there super small deer too? That would be kind of cool. He'd have to keep an eye out for some and see if he could find them someday.

He listened to the man explain the things to look for when tracking, nodding slowly. Normally he followed the scents of his prey, but remembering to look for other signs that it was close by wasn't a bad idea, so he'd make sure to file that away for later use. "Is there a particular way you like to begin attacking? And are there specific ways of killing large prey more effectively?" he couldn't help the questions even if he wanted to, it was in his nature to ask away at any opportunity to learn.
[Image: Yos2LI0.png?1]