gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
12-22-2017, 04:38 AM
Hi

As a preamble I am totally new to this, so if I have made mistakes please tell me

My new character Eadred has just arrived. He's lead a very comfortable life for the last few years, but that has all come to an end dramatically - separated from his mate and offspring - and he does not know even himself if it was intentional or not.

I'm planning a story where - rather than do the sensible thing and adapt to a new environment slowly, Eadred goes on a reckless adventure, going to places it would be unwise for an out of shape wolf to visit.

He joins a pack, and at first seems reliable, but then disappears with two other wolves who think he is friendly. He persuades them to go with him, but betrays them when they need help most. He engages in reckless behaviour, as if he were one who had died already and any further life merely a bonus. Something is driving him on but he does not know what it is, is it the love interest that happens in his adventure, or is it a darker secret

Jendayi

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
12-23-2017, 03:59 PM
Jen's not in a pack or anything but maybe she and Eadred can run into each other on his adventures? :D She loves wandering/exploring and is often all over the place.

Eadred

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
12-23-2017, 04:21 PM
That sound great. Maybe Eadred stupidly crosses a river in a place any experiences navigator would know to avoid. Jen could step in to save him from drowning and then she helps him to recover before they go on to explore together. Eadred is to stubborn to take her advice though and they end up going seperate ways. For now....

Jendayi

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
12-23-2017, 04:26 PM
Eee that sounds like something she'd do! I'm down! :D

Eadred

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
12-26-2017, 03:03 AM
I want Eadred to eat something poisonous but luckily survive unharmed as part of the start of the story

He then joins a pack and learns how lucky he has been

Eadred

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
12-26-2017, 10:56 AM
Also looking for tips on a location to start my story. Where would a new character from outside be likely to start from. Sorry for newbie question?

Nyx

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
-
build
-
player

ContributorPride - PansexualEaster 2022Rapid Poster - SilverToys for Tots
12-26-2017, 11:24 AM
It's totally up to you where to start! Though Ardent is set on two continents, we loosely assume that other lands are accessible from any side - I personally like envisioning the eastern coast as close to another nameless continent, especially Ibis Islands, perhaps a short swim away from another land. But again, it's completely up to you :) You can also assume your character has been wandering in the lands for awhile, also.

Eadred

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
12-27-2017, 01:31 AM
oh thanks. I'll start somewhere inhospitable that my spoilt pampered character will be out of depth in