gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!Treat 2019
12-26-2017, 04:04 PM

"Ohhhhhh shit!" Ashiel swore as he raced through the knolls. Thundering hooves and low toned bellows alerted him to the stampeding herd that was hot on his heals. Mud clung to his coat and he was limping from a wound on his left thigh. He'd been trying to slink around the herd after smaller prey but as luck would have it some of the cows were birthing and the restless herd was more agitated than usual. Upon presence of a predator some of the enthusiastic young males decided to teach said predator, Ashiel, a lesson and the young godling was sent running.

He continued to swear as he dove around one of the knolls, climbing quickly as the herd of young males began to slow and turn back. Panting he leaned against the knoll and slunk onto his haunches. He was supposed to be a godling and yet a herd of dumb prey had him running scared. He couldn't wait to ascend from this mortal form.

"Talk" "You" Think
-- PLEASE NOTE:  Ashiel is an EVIL character and can be prone to acts of swearing, maiming and other violence. --
Consider this your warning.

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
01-01-2018, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2018, 12:37 PM by Ara.)
Perhaps going too far north wasn't such a good idea. She hadn't touched base with Athena in awhile, though she'd caught her scent trail and knew she was in the general vicinity, or had been recently. The closer the season got to spring, the more interested she was in heading further south - somewhere warmer and more fertile, to look for a place to settle down in and meet Hymn's children as well as somewhere to start collecting and storing herbs in. She had the bag that she carried slung over her shoulder to carry her stores in, but they always stayed fresher somewhere dark and cool rather than being jostled around all the time.

Her bag was nearly empty now, but she still carried it slung over her neck. It'd been awkward to get used to, but it was both practical and sentimental to her now and she refused to part with it, and now that she'd worn it in the same spot the fur there was pressed down slightly from the constant contact. Today she was looking for something to start properly filling it, though she knew it was far too early in the season. At least the snow to the north had begun to melt and the sun down in these lands seemed brighter, the earth returning to its more fertile state. The older woman navigated the knolls slowly, not in any hurry to get anywhere. Only when the scent of a buffalo herd nearby came to her attention did her posture stiffen, not wanting to accidentally stumble into their path. She veered away from their scent as best as she could, though when she rounded one of the knolls she heard the slapping of paws against earth and wondered if she'd gone the wrong way.

What greeted her in the distance, though, was a wolf instead of a cow, panting and looking like he'd just run for his life - and Ara thought it very possible he may have been. The slight scent of blood clung to him, faint but recognizable as she lifted her head to sniff at the air and examine the scents the wind carried.  He was a stranger, and yet concern laced her aging features as she began to close the distance between them. Her voice was soft as she finally spoke up as she headed his way, reading to flee if he proved agitated or unwelcoming. "Sir, are you alright?" Ara inquired, compassion lacing her tones and expression as her brows furrowed in concentration as she looked him over. "I'm sorry to bother, but I smell blood on you and.. it looks as though you've been running from something?" If he needed help, she would give it gladly, already feeling a sense of purpose building in her chest as she waited.

Ashiel

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!Treat 2019
01-06-2018, 08:06 PM

Ashiel winced and turned to look at the gash on his left thigh, it was bleeding good but not terribly, a moderate wound at best. He reached round to lick lightly at it, hoping to slow the bleeding. He was glad his family wasn't there to see what he felt was a great embarrassment to be wounded in such a way. Maybe he could spin it into a more exciting tale if he was asked or just continue his travels until it healed to a point that his fur would hide it.

Ashiel shook himself out and started to walk when a voice caught his attention. Aw, hell! Had someone see that? He turned to see an old woman with bright blue eyes approaching him. She looked him over in a particularly calculating way and it made him think of the way Lydia would look him and his sister over after a particularly rough spar. Was this woman a healer? He gazed at her curiously. That would certainly be helpful. Was the fallen god looking out for him this day?

"Yes, I was traveling through the knolls and got caught up in a stampede. I was able to get out of the way but it seems I was clipped by a horn or hoof. Would you happen to be a healer by chance? My name is Ashiel Abraxas and I would certainly not cast aside help if you're offering it."

"Talk" "You" Think
-- PLEASE NOTE:  Ashiel is an EVIL character and can be prone to acts of swearing, maiming and other violence. --

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
01-14-2018, 05:04 PM
It was easy to slip into her usual role of healer, even before Ara knew that this man needing any help. Her gaze was scrutinizing as she craned her neck to get a better look at him, finally noticing the wound on his back left leg. It wasn't a life-threatening injury, but he was bleeding and it'd be good to get his wound looked at. He seemed a bit sheepish and curious, but not completely displeased with her arrival. She tried to loosen up her expression, offering him a gentle smile as he spoke and admitted that he'd gotten caught in a stampede, but had been clipped by something. "Well, I'd say you were pretty luck, all things considered," Ara commented softly, eyebrows raising.

She knew it was obvious to most that she was a healer - she'd only seen wolves who were healers even consider these strange bags they'd found as part of their everyday look. To others, they'd likely only be a hindrance unless they collected some other small trinkets. Ara nodded in answer. "I am a healer, and my help is always open to any who need it," she smiled at the thought of having someone to tend to. This male was called Ashiel Abraxas, which was a family she hadn't heard of.. not that she'd cared much at all about families or politics for any portion of her life, especially not lately, so it was little surprise she didn't know of them. "My name's Ara."

She moved a step closer to study his wound for a moment, brows furrowing again in thought. After a moment she moved to lean toward the ground, her bag settling down on the earth and naturally opening slightly. She shrugged it off and began to nose through it, examining its meager contents. She grabbed a branch of yarrow and set it down on the ground. "You should lay on your right side," Ara suggested gently. "I'll help you clean your wound and apply a paste to it. I have some yarrow that should help the healing process, as well as manage any pain."

Ashiel

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!Treat 2019
01-20-2018, 03:46 PM

Ashiel nodded as the woman spoke, stating that he'd been lucky. He agreed. He could have just as easily been struck in the head by the pounding hooves and then it would all be over. He could imagine well a series of unfortunate injuries had he been just a bit slower in his movements. The woman stated that she was a healer and that her name was Ara. "Nice to meet you." Ok, the fallen god definitely had to be looking out for him. He'd managed to escape the stampede without serious injury only to stumble right into the presence of a healer. "I would certain appreciate any assistance you could offer me. What is your price?" He imagined she'd want something in return for her hard work. As she asked him to lay on his right side he did so. Absently he filed away the plant called 'yarrow' into his mind. Not that he'd probably ever do anything with it.

"Talk" "You" Think

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
02-05-2018, 10:08 AM
Ara supposed half of the perceived skill in a healer came from being in the right place at the right time. She wasn't all that good at that, if she was being honest - perhaps if she was, she would've had infinitely more experience in her craft. But seeing someone who was injured would always pique the curiosity of the gentle healer, and she wouldn't turn help away from anyone except in the most extreme circumstances. And honestly, she preferred not knowing often how or why injuries, at least ones caused by fellow wolves, had occurred. Better to be a neutral party in the matter than be forced to have to make a moral judgment about if her patient deserved help or not.

At least this brute seemed pleasant enough. "Nice to meet you too," she said quickly, though her attention was on his injury. There was less time for small-talk and formalities than getting right to it. Though.. before he let her proceed he asked what her price was. Her brows furrowed in slight confusion, though her expression softened soon after. "There is no price," she said cautiously. It had never rightfully occurred to her that someone might offer a price for her services. While she wouldn't be surprised if another wolf might, she had never entertained such an idea, and she shook her head after a moment of thought. "I am happy to help any who need it, with no obligations." Her voice was stronger now, no longer soft and unsure; healing had been her passion since she was a pup, and she had no interest in receiving anything for her services. Knowing she had helped was enough for her, as well as the experience gained by helping an injured patient.

As he moved to lay on his side, she set out to work. Since the wound on his thigh was fresh it wasn't all that dirty, though she carefully lapped away any mud that might surround the injury and attempted to push the fur aside as best she could. After she was certain it was clean, she moved to the side to gingerly pull a few yarrow leaves off its stalk and chewed them carefully. The taste was bitter and unpleasant, but she'd gotten used to the taste of plants and barely reacted as she chewed it into a sticky paste. With a mouth pull of the chewed plant she turned back to her patient, leaning down and extruding some of paste onto his wound carefully. Once she was satisfied with it, she used one of her paws to carefully press down on the paste to spread it out a bit further. "Waiting for it to dry and stick to the wound would be best. Rest here awhile, if you're able. It should help take the sting away and help the cut heal a bit faster." Her words were stern, like a mother might warn her pup against doing something dangerous, knowing that rest was the greatest healer of all.

Ashiel

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!Treat 2019
02-18-2018, 06:02 PM

Ashiel quirked a brow at the healer as she stated that there was no price for her services. He was both pleased and surprised at this but he voiced no complaint if she would tend to his wounds without expecting a favor in return. That would make things easier should he ever run into her again. Though, he doubted that would be terribly likely. What were the odds that Ashiel would return to this land again?

Ashiel did his best to be a good patient though he couldn't help occasionally casting a wary eye as she worked. He did not know her and it was possible she could poison him but her mannerisms seemed sincere and set him at ease. He flinched a bit as she bent to lick the wound clean. She chewed up strange plants and then applied them to his wound and he resisted the urge to wrinkle his nose. He knew the plants would help though he wasn't inclined to lick them off later. Perhaps he could soak them in the creek? He nodded as spoke. "Thank you Ara, I appreciate your help." He did as she said and allowed himself to rest on his side. "You don't smell like a pack, I must confess I don't often hear of traveling healers. Is this a profession of sort?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
03-08-2018, 08:52 AM

His uncertain gaze would do little to deter Ara from working. She knew her craft was one often misunderstand, or just plain not understood at all.. though she was just as willing to up and leave if he decided he didn't trust her. As much as she wanted to help the best that she could, she wasn't willing to risk her own well-being in that matter if someone proved uncooperative. Though Ashiel seemed wary, at least he was willing to sit still and let her do her thing. She wasn't quite sure if he wouldn't just rip the paste off after she'd left, but.. yarrow wasn't rare enough that she wouldn't use some of it on him, and the least she could do was try.

His gratitude made her smile, her head dipping slightly in response. "It's not a problem at all, Ashiel. I help when I can." If she wasn't willing to help, what good was she as a healer? Payment wasn't necessary - she had everything she could possibly want. Besides the return of a few family members, but that wasn't something anyone could change for her. At his question, though, she laughed gently. "Traveling healer. I like the sound of that." Something like amusement danced in her eyes as she pulled away to briefly recline to her haunches. "I suppose you could say it is. I prefer the comfort of a pack, but the one that I was a part of has since disbanded. I'm sort of searching a place to call home now. Have any suggestions?" Curiosity danced in her blue eyes as she looked him over, honestly wondering.

Ashiel

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!Treat 2019
03-09-2018, 08:58 PM

Ashiel did his best to be a good patient. Somewhere in the back of his mind he could hear Lydia chiding him if he so much as thought of fidgeting. Silly, he supposed. Even though she was a mortal he'd found her somewhat imposing when he was younger and he woudln't have dare fussed about while she was tending to his wounds. Asharya was another story but then Asharya was always another story. He relaxed when she'd finished and moved to stand, noting that the burning pain from the initial wound was already ebbing.

Ara seemed to take his description of a traveling healer and explained that the pack she'd been a part of had been disbanded. She asked for suggestions and he could only grin. "Well… there is my pack. We're small and young yet but I hope we will grow. It is called the Eclipse Empire and we reside within the Bent Canyon. You'd be more than welcome to visit if you so wished. The pack's main purpose is to serve the Fallen god, my family's ancestor. However, as long as you are respectful I don't require anyone to fully invest themselves in our beliefs." Though he did hope that simple immersion my sway some of the more uncertain mortals of the pack.

"Talk" "You" Think

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
04-13-2018, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2018, 07:32 PM by Ara.)

Truthfully, the surprise alone on a patient's face when told they owed her nothing for her services was plenty payment for her. This was her duty, through and through - she knew both of her parents would be proud to know she served others when she could, especially her mother, so she wouldn't feel right without being selfless when she could. Still Ara wore that warm smile of hers as Ashiel stood, noting that he was being careful not to move recklessly and push off the poultice - or at least she had to hope that was what he was doing. He'd be best to; even if it was only on for a brief while, it would help aid in his healing.

"Eclipse Empire, hm?" Her lips pulled upward as her smile widened, tail swaying gently behind her as something like amusement glimmered in her eyes. "I'd love to visit sometime. Though I'd have to see if -" What was Athena to her? A friend, surely, but somehow it seemed like she was more, especially with the plans they had made to find a pack to settle down in together. "- if my traveling companion would be interested." While she wasn't sure a canyon would be the best place for her personally to call home, it was the first invitation she'd gotten, and she really wasn't sure about his mention of a god either. Ara had never really believed in such things. "Do you think you'll be alright to make it back home, Ashiel?" If not, she would stay with him if he needed her.

Ashiel

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!Treat 2019
04-21-2018, 03:47 PM

Ashiel stood and tested the leg, it still stung a bit but the pain had lessened significantly. She seemed hesitant to take his over but he could understand if she was traveling with someone else and he nodded. In truth, with his aunts joining, half his pack was healers so he didn't really need another. Particularly not an aging one but she had shown him a great kindness. He wouldn't forget that.

"You'd be welcome to. Just call for me at the border." He nodded at her question. "Yes, I should be able to make it home just fine. Thanks again." He dipped his head once more before turning to leave.

-exit-

"Talk" "You" Think