gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Athena I
02-04-2018, 03:01 PM

Finally he was back to somewhere that was actually warm. As soon as he satisfied his curiosity about the north he turned right around and started walking south and never looked back. He ended up walking more to the west as he made his way down through the continent. His idea was to move down toward the southern continent since that was another place he hadn't explored a whole lot, but for now this was a good start. He knew the deserts were near by so maybe that's where he'd head next... that sounded like something right up his alley.

In his musing and pondering he almost completely missed the huge ravine that cut through the forest he happened to be walking through. He made a hard stop right as his forepaws started to cross the ravine's edge and he stumbled backward several steps, his eyes wide from the surprise of it. He walked back toward the edge, more carefully this time, and peered down toward the bottom. It wasn't uncrossable for him, but it would definitely be a lot harder and more dangerous. "Well, guess I'm gonna have to go the long way," he mumbled to himself as he started looking down the length of the ravine and deciding which way he should go.

Speech Thought Others

Argus

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Jewell
02-04-2018, 04:24 PM
She 'd been moving around a lot these days. And today was no different, well if you counted out the fact that she had blundered. Blindness lead to stupid mistakes and she'd found yet another one. Kami was above her as she sat on a ledge below, luckily she had fallen a short distance onto a ledge but the hairless cat above her was still riled. She could probably find her way up if she went down the ledge a little more but Kami insisted she stay where she was. The feline wanted to get her up desperately but Argus was too heavy for such a small cat.

She'd fallen not even twenty minutes ago when she had insisted on going in a straight line for the most part through the woods. Luckily nothing felt broken only bruised, along with her ego being bruised. She was probably about six feet below the ledge she had fallen from and with the distressed racket Kami was making it would be a wonder if some mountain lion or bear didn't come to eat her. "Would you calm down Kami? I'm fine and plus i bet i could just slide to the bottom of this place and find my way out that way." Of course she didn't know there was a sheer drop of possibly fifty feet to the ravine below. She could smell something on the breeze though, probably another wolf from the smell of him. Yes definitely a male.

"No! You stay right where you are Argus! Don't you move from that ledge!" Kami was indeed yelling and her mothering was a little obnoxious as she looked over the edge. Argus just gave a huff. She was going to get nowhere if this kept up. She didn't like this whole sit tight and let Kami think of a way out sort of thing.

Argus has a sphinx for a companion, named Kamilah, she is assumed to be with Argus unless stated otherwise.

Pyre

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Athena I
02-05-2018, 12:10 AM

"No! You stay right where you are Argus! Don't you move from that ledge!" Pyre's ears flicked at the echo of a voice yelling a little ways down on the ravine. He turned his head and he could see the distant form of... was that a cat of some kind? It was odd looking, or at least unusual from anything he had ever seen or heard of. Mostly out of curiosity he turned and walked down to where the frantic looking feline was standing at the edge of the cliff. He peered over the edge himself and frowned when he saw the rainbow colored girl sitting there on a small ledge. "Well, shit," he mumbled. His eyes did a quick scan of the cliff side to see if there was any good way to get to her, but there really wasn't.

"Hey, uh, Argus was it? I'm Pyre. I'm gonna get you up from there, alright? Just stay still." From what he could tell she seemed to be fairly small, or smaller than himself at least, but he didn't exactly trust himself to just haul her up from there. There was a small ledge similar to what she was currently sitting on slightly to the left of where she was and maybe half as far down. He edged himself down carefully, sliding a bit as he did so. He hovered there for a bit to get his bearings and figure out his next move.

"Okay, Argus, can you-" he was about to tell her to try and climb up to where he was so he could help push her up onto the cliff edge where her friend was waiting, but he saw her eyes and realized how she probably ended up here in the first place. "You can't see, can you?" He didn't have to wait for her answer. He just sighed and frowned as he tried to think of the best way to do this. "Okay. I'm going to lean down and grab your scruff, okay? When I pull you up feel with your feet for the ledge I'm on." He set about doing just that, laying down on his stomach so he could shift forward and let just his forelegs dangle down. With his front half almost hanging off the edge he was able to reach where she was and he carefully took a mouthful of her scruff in his mouth and pushed off with his forelegs while he pulled them up with his hind legs.

The second she was on the same ledge as himself he let her go with a slightly relieved sigh. Step one done. Now step two. Quickly before this little ledge gave out preferably. "Okay, now just turn toward the cliff and try to climb up to your friend there, I'll help push you up." He helped guide to to face the rocks and once she got to jumping up toward the cliff edge he situated his shoulder under her so he could be like her step stool.

Speech Thought Others

Argus

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Jewell
02-06-2018, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 11:17 PM by Argus.)
The voice of another drew her attention up towards Kami. Oh fantastic, another person to potentially laugh at her blunders. It was whatever though. Kami of course was relieved that someone was coming to her charge's rescue though.

The sliding of rocks and paws brought her face to look in his direction with a weightless gaze. His next few statements had her snorting. Wow, he was a quick one huh? "Nothing gets past you huh?" it was a smart ass remark meant to lighten the mood a little but likely hurt the guys feelings. She waited ever so patiently though for her "hero's" help. She figured she cou of of figured it out alone but his help would make it faster. She did appreciate it but after being alone for so long she figured she was better off that way.

His jaws on her scruff brought a sharp intake of breath to her mouth. She hadn't been stuffed since her mom, and even then she hated it. Then she was being lifted and her paws were feeling for the ledge. Her nose hit it first and then she was pushing with her forepaws at the ledge to get up. Then she was solidly footed once more and she was highly thankful for that. She didn't like feeling nothing with her paws. For a blind creature, not having a solid footing felt like they'd never be able to know where they were going again.

He was then instructing her again and she had to blink a few times confused. She thought she was already up al the way. Apparently not. She leaned carefully feeling for the side of the cliff and once she had it she was stretching herself towards the top. She was not built for mountaineering. Once she had her paws on it she dug her claws in and pulled with her paws while trying to hop upwards towards the top with her back legs. She was hoping he'd catch her and help.

If he did she then pushed off him and scrambled up where she found the edge of the ledge and pulled herself up. Where Kami happily greeted her by rubbing on her legs and purring. Lesson learned, the cliff was there. She moved from the edge and turned her head to the direction she came, hoping he was still somewhere near. "Thanks, names Argus Agatsama, and this here is Kamilah Gyptian. Hunter and healers by trade."

Argus has a sphinx for a companion, named Kamilah, she is assumed to be with Argus unless stated otherwise.

Pyre

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Athena I
02-07-2018, 12:18 AM

Once he saw her go safely over the ledge above him he breathed a sigh of relief and went to work pulling him self back up as well. He gave his fiery coat a shake and glanced back over his shoulder toward the steep ravine he had just crawled out of. He made a mental note to stay far away from here if for no other reason than to avoid any more "heroic" moments. At the same time though he was glad he had been around to help this girl out. He looked back at the rainbow girl what now had her cat-looking friend rubbing all over her legs. Now that he wasn't so worried about saving her from falling to her death, he had a moment to realize the odd variance in her scent from other women he'd been around. He'd also never met anyone that was more colorful than himself. Well, she was in a way. There was still plenty of more natural colored fur to balance it out.

When she spoke his gaze refocused on her face and he nodded out of habit before he remembered that she couldn't see him. "Sure, you're welcome. I'm Pyre Elementas." Normally he wouldn't bother including his last name, but not only did she tell him her last name, but she also shared her cat's last name so he figured he had to follow suit. If the scent of other wolves lingering on her had anything to say about it he had to guess she was in a pack. "What are you doing out here? This seems like a terrible place for you to be."

Speech Thought Others

Argus

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Jewell
02-07-2018, 08:19 PM
He introduced himself and she gave a smile. Elementas? Kinda like elements. Maybe something like weather, or if his first name had anything to do with it maybe a fire. It was strange enough. Though she still counted her dual gender and sighted gaze as freakish beyond belief.

His questions brought her around and she gave a shrug. "I was mainly just ex plowing and collecting herbs on my way. Kami here has been teaching me what each one smells like." she smiled and Kami sat after she checked Argus for injury. She gave the boy a smile. "Is there some way we can repay you for your help young man?" Kami was eager to arrange a way to repay the boy but Argus saw it as a good time to get to know her savior and make a potential friend. Not that she had many of those.

Pyre

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Athena I
02-09-2018, 12:02 AM

As she explained that she had been out exploring and collecting herbs he couldn't exactly blame her for being out and about like this. He had spent most of his life now just exploring and training so how could he hold that against her just because she was blind? Maybe it only bothered him because of the fact that she could have died or at least been seriously injured if he or someone like him hadn't come along. He shrugged a little and commented, "Well, just be more careful. I'd hate for something bad to happen to you." Not that he knew her at all, but he still didn't want to see someone just walk off a ledge to their death in a stupid accident.

He was a little surprised when Kami asked how they could repay him. When he went off into the ravine to retrieve her he didn't even consider that there could be some kind of payment for doing so. In a way it felt wrong to ask for anything. She just needed some help and he was able and willing. "You don't have to repay me. I'd feel weird taking anything from you. Who knows, maybe I could use a healer one day. Just consider it a I-O-U." He wasn't sure he'd ever actually cash in on that I-O-U, but he hoped that would be enough to satisfy the feline.

Now that he had more time to sit here and examine her more he pondered the unusual element to her scent. For a minute he thought maybe it was the scent of the pack on her that was throwing him off, but it seemed like something else entirely. He tried not to dwell on it too much. It wasn't something he'd probably think of the reason for on his own so no reason to let it bother him. "You're in a pack, huh? What's that like?" he asked in an attempt to strike up conversation. He'd never been in a pack himself even though his father had continuously talked about taking him and his siblings to live in one. They'd never actually followed through with that plan so he'd been a loner all this time. Something about packs was very intriguing to him either way.

Speech Thought Others