size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Mammoth HunterDouble MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
02-04-2018, 03:49 PM
Then they went on to say the pearly gates

With the weight of his promotion setting heavy in his mind Brandr got right to work. He'd tracked his way south toward where Dragoste had been to start gleaning what information he could. On the way he'd picked up rumors of a pack nestled in the west and so he'd begun his journey there. He knew of Lirim already and that they were on good terms with Abaven. Beyond that the only other pack he knew existed was that of the Abraxas and he coudln't say for sure where or if he even wanted to risk visiting it. He knew he probably should. Sparrow would need information on the activity of them but it was highly dangerous. The very thought of intentionally going anywhere near that pack made his skin crawl. So he settled for testing his bravery here. Gazing out across the plains for a moment Brandr tipped back his head and howled. He'd stalked along the border for awhile, carefully testing the scents and marking the movement of the game. Ultimately he felt brave enough to try and talk to one of the pack members. He would never try such a stunt with the Abraxas but perhaps he'd get lucky here.

had such elegant graffiti

Laisrén

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
02-04-2018, 04:51 PM

He had healed from the raid, but mentally he was beginning to push himself. His loss of fight meant he needed to train more so that the next time he would not loose, the next time he would be able to properly protect the pack. He was determined to get himself back in the game and force himself to train more and to train harder. The fight left him with a slight limp vary minor compared to other wounds he had seen and heard about. That being said he was even more determined to push himself.

He had doubled his patrols and had gotten himself back into his morning and evening runs to keep up his stamina. The fight training had also been another step to getting himself back into the game. He did not want another repeat on the injuries of the raid, even though they had won there was a few members that suffered greatly from their fights one being his own uncle and his cousin Acapella also.

He had been on another patrol when the open call rang from the border. His paused with his head perked, nostrils flaring in interest at the call. It wasn't aimed towards his brother which made him curious to know what this wolf truly wanted. Picking up his pace he headed in that direction, hurrying to get there before anyone else so he could determine if this wolf was a threat or not.

When he arrived the male was respectfully waiting on the other side of the borders and he did not look like a threat, but Lais knew better then to drop his guard that easily. The lanky worrier closed the distance stopping on his side of the border and nodding to the male.

"Welcome to the borders of Celestial" he said.

"Talk" "You" Think
[Image: blue_5_6_by_nnightcrawler-danjgwa.png]
[Image: c9VTOML.png]

Regulus

Somnium
Ascended

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
02-04-2018, 05:33 PM
Regulus Anatolii Adravendi

He’d not been far when the howl came. It was unfamiliar, and as ever, the Archangel was quick respond. His stride lengthened into an easy lope that mostly disguised the lack of use he had in the right hind leg, if one paid no attention to the floppy lower leg, hock down, swinging like a pendulum. He’d have to see what Paladin thought of making a brace of some kind.

He arrived to find that his brother had gotten there first. He’d not seen much of Laisren’s activity, and the sight of his brother was a mild surprise.

There would be words to be had, but not here and now as his eyes shifted to the male that had arrived and called. The top thing that struck him first was that this male’s scent carried the scent of a Pack. Abaven, if he wasn’t mistaken, but…

The latent alpha scent that lay along the male’s own scent wasn’t Bass’s. It was similar, but female. A question to be asked later. Firstly, he dipped his head to the man, offering his own greeting, “I am Regulus Adravendi, Archangel of Celestial, and this is my brother, Laisren. What brings a wolf of Abaven to Celestial’s wall?” There was a note of concern in the query as he studied the man once more.

If he thought about it, this was the first time anyone from Abaven had visited Celestial. It had been the other way around, usually.

[Image: T8yHvja.png]

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

03-10-2018, 10:51 PM

Brandr didn't have to wait long before he was greeted by a black and white male and welcomed to the borders of a pack called Celestial. Not far behind came a great, red male who moved in an unusual manner. Despite himself Brandr couldn't help but look at the unusual way the man's right hock moved. He quickly looked back up, certain it was none of his business. The man introduced himself as Regulus Adravendi. Brandr assumed this was the alpha.

"Greetings. My name is Brandr Scylding of Abaven. I have been traveling in search of information on a family called the Abraxas and their pack the Risen Empire. I was wondering if your pack has had any dealings with these wolves."

Regulus

Somnium
Ascended

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
03-19-2018, 02:01 AM

Regulus listened carefully to the male – Brandr, as he introduced himself – as he spoke, brow furrowing. He nodded slowly, casting his mind back to both his encounter with Iskra Aeris, and the pair of Abraxas wolves from the Risen Empire.

“I know a little about them. Mostly second hand. But I know a couple of names and their faces. A wolf from Auster warned me of them. A wolf from their pack challenged for Talis. I got the impression that he may have won. Two wolves from the Risen Empire visited my borders in Druid’s Moor. They gave their names as Anamalech and Kaine Abraxas, and claimed they were there to see about forming affiliations, however they were overheard before two of my scouts called for the pack discussing whether to sniff around or make themselves known. Scouting for a possible next conquest, I imagine?”

He paused and studied Brandr, then turned to nod inward toward the pack lands. “I don’t know if Bass still rules Abaven, but in his time, Celestial and Abaven were allies. I’d rather not do a disservice to that friendship by letting a messenger of Abaven stand tired and hungry outside Celestial’s wall. Come, we can speak more as we walk. We’ve a deer recently brought down, and you’re welcome to rest a while if you wish.”

It was a generous offer, but not one given lightly. He knew the long trek between their packs, and how wearing it could be on any wolf, and he had his own information he wanted to send out to Abaven. For instance, that he had an heiress, and that he wished to maintain the alliance between their two packs. As well as that, even if Talis had indeed fallen, he didn’t trust it to stay down. Other packs would still need to be wary of the fact that Talis, or at the very least Dragon, was not against raiding other packs.

He gave his brother a dismissive nod, suggesting silently that he return to patrol, or whatever else he’d been doing. Right now, the Archangel was at work.

Laisrén

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
03-25-2018, 11:23 AM

It wasn't vary long before Regulus joined them and Laisren relaxed his muscles stepping back and respectfully letting his brother take hold of the conversation. He remained there just to make sure there would be no other wolves behind the male ready to attack. Regulus introduced him and Lais dipped his head quietly in a sign of respect before the conversation carried on. The male was from a fellow pack and was asking about another pack that thrived in Auster. Lais was curious, but he wasn't interrupting. This conversation really didn't seem like it was his business, but he didn't want to be rude and just leave so he patiently sat back. His brother then began to reply telling of the run in with the two strangers a while back. Lais remembered them, without a doubt they would not be forgotten by him. They had seemed laid back enough, but the pack had been on guard since the raid.

Laisren caught his brother's silent nod of dismissal. He knew now that he had no place here and Regulus would take care of whatever else business wise. He stood dipping his head in a silent goodbye to both before turning and disappearing into the pack lands.

"Talk" "You" Think
[Image: blue_5_6_by_nnightcrawler-danjgwa.png]
[Image: c9VTOML.png]

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

03-25-2018, 02:03 PM

To be honest Brandr was hoping the alpha would say no and he was relieved to hear that at least one pack had been left mostly untouched. The majority of Regulus' info was what he'd heard second hand from others. Brandr nodded at the mention of the fall of Talis that he'd heard from Iskra. He gave the names of a few Abraxas that had visited Celestial's border and Ashiel filed the names away.

Brandr shook his head. "Bass left seasons ago to hunt for some missing pups but we have not heard from him in what feels like ages. We do not expect to see him again. The pack is now ruled by one of his family, Sparrow Destruction. I do not know her thoughts on an alliance with Celstial but I can't see why Abaven would seek to cut ties. In these dangerous times those of us who would not bow to the will of the Abraxas need to stick together."

He grinned gratefully to Regulus. "Thank you, Regulus. Your offer is very kind." He tipped his head in goodby to the black and white man before turning his attention back to the alpha. Brandr hopped over the wall gracefully to stand next to the alpha and he would let the other lead the way to the kill. "I can confirm your suspicions about Talis. I met a woman from that pack who said it had been conquered by a man named Ashiel Abraxas. Has anyone told you of Dragoste's fate?"

Regulus

Somnium
Ascended

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
03-25-2018, 09:58 PM

It saddened Regulus to hear about Bass’s disappearance, but he felt a strong surge of approval for his actions. That was the act of a leader who cared. He made note of Sparrow’s name, now aware of whom to howl for if he went to visit Abaven to speak with her personally. “I’ll be sure to come over at some point to meet with her, if you’d like to let her know in advance. It’s always nice to know when you’re expecting a visitor.”

He chuckled softly as he led the way toward the pack’s Seat, visible on the horizon as a wooded hill rising from the plains.

He dipped his head in thought as Brandr confirmed that Celestial had indeed fallen. “Then this Ashiel, in a sense, saved Talis’ leader the pain of having to deal with a siege from Celestial.”

The name Dragoste didn’t ring a bell for him. No pack leader had visited his border from a Dragoste, and as his sister hadn’t set out with his messages for the other packs, he’d had no chance to even hear of them. A frown creased his brow as he answered, “I’m afraid I’ve never even heard of that Pack in the first place. Who was its leader, or leaders?”

He wondered if the woman Brandr had gotten the news from about Talis’ fate had been Iskra, but he kept that thought to himself.

Easter Bunny

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
NPC
03-26-2018, 06:59 AM

The Easter Bunny hops on by!

On her way through, she drops an egg at the paws of Regulus.

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

04-06-2018, 06:24 PM

Brandr nodded, he'd try and remember to let Sparrow know she'd have visitors but it was difficult when everything seemed to be happening so fast and his head was full of more information than he thought it could hold. Brandr followed Regulus deeper into Celestial territory, making note of its terrain and resources should trade be something viable in the future. Brandr's ears flicked forward at the mention of 'siege'. He gazed curiously at Regulus. "Oh? What had they done that you would siege them?" The news might make him feel a bit better about Talis being one of the packs that had fallen. He'd much rather the Abraxas pick off one of the sketchier packs than one like Abaven.

Brandr continued along at an even pace, Regulus had not heard of Dragoste. He hesitated, wondering if perhaps he was being to free with information. Regulus seemed nice but there were more to wolves and packs than manners, though he supposed since he was walking right into the heart of Celestial he'd find out soon enough. Still, he didn't sense any intent from Regulus to harm him. "Dragoste was ruled by Ganta and Roza, I can't remember their last names. It was challenged by the Abraxas and while the challenge was occurring, members from the Abraxas invaded and scattered the remaining pack members."

Regulus

Somnium
Ascended

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
04-07-2018, 08:18 PM

Brandr’s curiosity was rewarded with a soft snort and an answer, as the crimson male led the way deeper into the territory, heading for a wooded hill that rose out of the plains. “Their leader chose to lead his pack in a fruitless raid against mine, instead of conducting an intelligent, peaceful trade for the resources they needed. In the process, he force-claimed one of our yearling members. This was last year's spring. A great deal of damage was done to several of my pack. My cousin was fully blinded, my Uncle half blinded, to name a few of the injuries. And you’ve no doubt noticed my leg. It’s no matter, however. We prevailed, and my pack fought bravely and well. I had wanted to send a message out to the other packs of Boreas to warn them of Talis’ tendency for raiding, but it seems my messenger never departed…”

He listened to Brandr’s details of the Dragoste leaders, wondering if he should recognize the names. Maybe if he trekked to Fiori, Leo might know. Come to think of it, Fiori was close to Abaven, was it not? His eyes flicked to Brandr’s as he asked, “How are your neighbors—Fiori? My cousin Leo Adravendi led the pack last I was aware.”

They passed into the shade of the woods, and he led the way down the ravine, stepping aside to present the kill, settling at one side of the wide area of the ravine. “Eat your fill. It’s a very long journey from your home to mine, after all.”

ooc: In case my brain is glitching on remembering how many years have passed, feel free to correct me. xD

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

04-13-2018, 07:29 PM

Brandr listened closely as Regulus spoke, making not of the raid. Well… he supposed it was a small silver lining that the Abraxas had conquered one of the more aggressive and violent packs. He felt bad for those maimed and the yearling that was abducted. He nodded, he'd indeed noticed the leg but had assumed a hunting injury. He suppose that was typical of his line of thinking now, so much of his life revolved around his passion for hunting even if he'd originally been reared as a warrior.

Brandr's brow wrinkled at the mention of Fiori and Leo Adravendi. He'd heard of the pack but the name did not ring a bell and he thought back to Iskra's words. There were only 3 packs remaining in Boreas. Rats… looks like he'd have to deliver more bad news. "Regulus I am sorry to tell you this but Fiori is no more. I don't know what became of them but Abaven no longer has any neighbor's. From what I've heard there are only three packs now in Boreas. Abaven, Celestial and Lirim." Dragoste… Fiori… Dauntless… they all seemed to be falling away. What was going on?

The pair moved into the shaded woods and down into a ravine where Regulus revealed the kill. "Thank you, I wish I had visited you on happier times." He quickly set to eating, taking just enough to satisfy him so as not to take advantage of Regulus' hospitality. "Is there anything you wish to ask of me before I depart?"

Regulus

Somnium
Ascended

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
04-21-2018, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2018, 11:37 PM by Regulus.)

Oh… A frown fell upon the crimson wolf’s features as Brandr delivered the rather unwelcome news. Fiori had fallen. Disbanded? Challenged for? He doubted it was a challenge, though—he kept an ear out for such calls for packs led by his family with a silent hope that he wouldn’t hear one.

“I see… Thank you for telling me, Brandr. Not just about Fiori, but everything.” A wan grin flickered across his face as he glanced aside at the male.

Inside, though, he was feeling the regret that he’d had to learn this after Gwenevere had set out in search of her family in the east. Was Leo alright? His children? Aunt Epiphron? Pip had been old in the one or two times he’d ever met her. Well, not old, old, but older. His own mother was dead, almost before her time.

He mulled over these thoughts as Brandr ate, then chuckled and shook his head, answering, "For now, rest for a few hours, perhaps? And, perhaps you could ask Sparrow if she has any trades she could use to make between Abaven and Celestial. We have large prey animals, and a great deal of herbs. I’ve no qualms about sharing.”

A keen smile settled onto his features as he studied Brandr, tail half tapping the ground behind him as he waited for his answer.

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

04-26-2018, 06:55 PM

Brandr dipped his head at the alpha's thanks for the news though he wished he had something joyful to share to ease a bit of the bad news but it just wasn't meant to be. Lately it seemed like there was nothing going around but bad news. Nerves on edge. Each day bringing more and more uncertainties. Regulus continued to extend his hospitality but Brandr shook his head. "You have my great thanks for the meal but I don't wish to linger to long. I will need to get back to Abaven with what I've learned. I'll mention our conversation here and see what her thoughts are on trading." He wasn't sure if Sparrow would consider it or not with the pack's minds so focused on the Abraxas but it would be a good start to building some alliances.

"Thank you, may your days be peaceful." He dipped his head in farewell and took off back toward the northeast border.

-exit-

Regulus

Somnium
Ascended

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
04-29-2018, 01:09 AM

The Crimson Archangel nodded easily at Brandr’s polite decline of his offer to stay and rest, rising to stretch. It was a long day, mentally, and as the male took his leave, Regulus answered, “And I hope yours will be, too. If Sparrow ever needs help, Celestial will stand at Abaven’s side. You have my word.”

He watched the man turn and take his leave, nodding mutely as Aello slipped after Brandr to ensure he made it to the pack borders and away without the pack taking issues with him. The female would shadow Brandr until he was free of Celestial before turning back.

Regulus, meanwhile, blue out a sigh and cast a long stare to the heavens, hidden behind the lattice of vines and leaves criss-crossing the roof of the ravine. “Did you ever have these troubles, Grand-Mother?” Of course, there was no answer, and he contented himself with remembering the warm, wise smile of his late grandmother as he bent to take a snack from the carcass.

It had been… a very long day.

-Exit-