gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-28-2014, 02:08 PM

Chocolate paws would be sprawled out before him as the warm evening would begin to dwindle, the sun would start its descent behind the trees and Frith would start to relax. A sigh would drip from his dark lips as he started to debate about getting up and finding Novella for the night. It had been more than difficult keeping themselves from their secret cave, with the downsizing of the territories the move had brought everyone closer together and he was unsure how long they'd be able to keep the beautiful cave a secret. He'd continue to keep trying to keep it secret, who knew how long it would last. Shaking such thoughts from his head he'd lift himself from the earth, ready to go find his love.

"Speech"

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
07-28-2014, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2014, 02:22 PM by Dutiron i.)

Dutiron was feeling a little restless that evening, he couldn't quite explain why if he was entirely honest. He had gotten up to check upon things in the lands and now was on his way to return to his family it was on that little trip back to the den that he would notice Frith also out and about. He still hadn't spent much time with the boy, especially not since the revelation that he and Novella were mates and now expecting children but he certainly couldn't avoid him forever. "Good evening, Frith." He would call as he diverted his course slightly towards the chocolate male.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-28-2014, 02:36 PM

Only a few paces were taken before the sound of another being would bring his brilliant blue and orange eyes from the ground. There were many thoughts on the boy's mind, and to see his head so low was an oddity. There was a lot of responsibility on his shoulder's now, and that would take much extra thought from himself. However all of his thoughts would disappear from his mind as the sight of the darker Author appeared through the trees. He'd again lower his features in a respectful nod, he still was unsure where he stood with his mate's father. The words he'd spoken at their wedding had given him incredible hope, but he would want to err on the side of caution. "Hello, Dutiron. It is a lovely evening." If he'd been able to pay more attention to the land around him instead of the thoughts running through his mind.

"Speech"

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
07-28-2014, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2014, 02:43 PM by Dutiron i.)

It certainly was a pleasant evening, there was no denying that and the elder man would give a small nod of his head in response. "Yes, it is." He would agree, words spoken softly enough. To be honest he was equally uncertain what to make of everything perhaps another reason for distancing himself from Frith as of late. It'd been easier back when they had arranged the hunt for the Drafts, Dutiron completely oblivious to all.

Perhaps that was a good way to start things again though, find out the boy's other strengths and see whether he could lend a little more responsibility elsewhere. It would give the man an idea, it'd been a while certainly since he had sparred at all and to test the other's skills was certainly a good excuse. Perhaps it would have been better to wait for another day, though still feeling restless and with the idea fresh in his mind, now seemed as good a time as any. "Would you be interested in a little spar perhaps?" The question was certainly harmless enough, no sign that it was also a little test.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-28-2014, 03:29 PM

Dutiron would show him a similar form of greeting and would respond positively to his statement. Obviously he did not harbor that anger that Frith had seen when he was told of the new life that would soon grace the pack. Dutiron would even go on then, seeming to have found an idea that suited him rather well. A spar? Ears would perk up considerably as Frith's dark features would shift, curiosity evident in his tilted head. He was honored to be asked to join in such an activity, but could he really let himself spar with this man? "I'd gladly accept." He enjoyed the thrill of them, but with Dutiron, he felt almost nervous he'd make a mistake.

"Speech"

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
07-28-2014, 03:40 PM

Perhaps at one point he had anticipated mistakes, mistakes for more serious than a wrong move in a spar. In all honesty there had been a part of Dutiron that had been worried that this wedding wouldn't have really gone through, confident that they were only together due to the children now growing in Novella's womb. Novel had convinced him of course to give him a chance as had Novella and Frith themselves, perhaps his unusually rash judgement had been the mistake.

A small smile would grace his features momentarily as the younger man would accept the offer. "Good." He would comment simply. "Would you like the first move?" He didn't know what to expect from Frith's fighting skills, though he certainly wouldn't view them as mistakes, just perhaps only areas of improvement.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-28-2014, 04:06 PM

It would be easy to say that Frith was proud of the opportunity to show Dutiron what he was worth, in the coming spar and with his daughter. He never wanted to start planning some action to make it possible to be with Novella should he have been shooed from the pack. He couldn't imagine leaving her alone with their children on the way, she was too special, their children were too special. Though he'd have to clear his mind of thoughts of her, Dutiron was ready to get started, even willing to allow him the first move. Instinctually he'd throw up his defenses, Hackles would raise as he narrowed his gaze and furrowed his brows. Shoulders rolled, his knees bent, and chocolate chin was tucked. He'd balance his weight upon all of his limbs as he opened his jaws, claws would grip into the earth as he pushed himself from the seated position. He'd wish to run at Dutiron, aiming to shove his left shoulder into Dutiron's broad left shoulder. While he aimed his teeth for the dusty marked cheek of his opponent.

"Speech"

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
07-28-2014, 04:26 PM

Frith would silently accept the second offer and ready himself for the fight. Dutiron would watch him carefully as he set his own defences ready for Frith to make his first move. And then suddenly it would begin, Frith would charge forwards and towards his left. Although reflexes perhaps weren't what they used to be, the elder man set to attempt to avoid the attacks to his cheek and shoulder though things of course didn't go quite to plan.

The other man hadn't actually even made contact when Dutiron suddenly felt his back tighten, he would successfully dodge the attack it turned out, though only due to suddenly dropping to the ground with a painful wince. What on earth had happened? He would move to lift himself off of the ground once more and that pain would return and he would remain upon the ground. "Apologies Frith, I think we may need to stop there." Dutiron would admit grimly. Evidently he had somehow managed to put his back out. That was certainly one way to make a man feel his age. He wasn't sure how much Frith knew about healing though "I do need your help though. One of the healers is bound to have some sort of pain relief in their stores. Perhaps my granddaughter Novel, Symphony or even Ara."

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-28-2014, 04:36 PM

Dutiron too would set up his defenses with ease, Though Frith certainly thought himself quicker than Dutiron so it was odd once he reached the older man that there was no target to be hit. Before he could even begin the battle Dutiron would find himself knocked to the earth, Frith was sure he hadn't hit the man before this.. Frith would step back to give him some space, worry and curiosity readily visible upon his dark features. Plainly obvious was the grimace of pain on the Author's face, the obvious would be stated as Frith listened to see what was going on. He needed help. "What should I tell them happened? Why are you in so much pain all of a sudden?" He wanted to leap off and call for help immediately, but what if there were different kinds of pain killers for different kinds of pain? Herbology seemed rather extensive and he wanted to be sure to come back with the correct ingredient.

"Speech"

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
07-28-2014, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2014, 04:47 PM by Dutiron i.)

It was a rather good question to ask of course though a part of the man certainly wished it hadn't been spoken. It would need to be answered sooner or later, whichever healer arrived would be bound to ask the same question of course. The answer however certainly left Dutiron feeling rather old, he was no longer a young man and he was aware of that fact though this was a painful remainder in more ways than one. "My back." He'd admit. "Tell them I've put my back out." Voice was a little quieter now, not through the pain but his own shame. He knew that he wasn't going to stay young forever, that age would catch up to him in one way or another but now of all moments, at the start of a harmless spar. Well what a wonderful way to fill your pack with confidence, one Author was tending to pups and recovering from their birth and now the other had hurt himself.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-28-2014, 04:58 PM

Certainly Frith would not want to keep the author waiting, had not such an important question popped into his mind the soon to be father would have raced off immediately to find the help his alpha needed. The words were quick to leave Dutiron's mouth though Frith would not question the tone or the severity of Dutiron's voice. As soon as the words were registered he would nod, taking on the task completely, and then he would rush away. Instead of trying to find the three healers he'd call them to him, hoping they would find themselves in his presence more quickly. This was an emergency.

-exit frith-

"Speech"