ardent

Hmm a new friend, or enemy? [P]

Xander

gems
size
build
player
03-10-2018, 03:35 PM

The sire lessons,  to the rumble of the rushing river he had decided to rest by.  Alexandria had left to hunt a mouse,  that owl still hadn't returned. Xander grunted to himself,  with a look of dismay.

Sinking into the sounds, and movement he smiled his heart seemed to keep pace with his sorroundings. He kept still with a low sigh, then he began touching his paws against the water. He twitched at the coldness before retracting his paw and licking his chest fur before looking back at the river, waiting for something anything. As he waits he hears some birds and smaller creatures jumping and playing around. He sighed once again.
Does, "Speaks" Thinks. Alexandria; Does,"Speaks" Thinks

Take my soul,  dear light.
A thousand firefly,  can't  light up my soul.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
03-10-2018, 03:52 PM

Irritation and disapointment had faded into begrudging acceptance. Talis had been challenged. Talis had lost. Talis was no more… at least for now. Yet, even with Dragon's intention of rebuilding the pack Valdís could not bring herself to pledge her loyalties to him again. She needed some time on her own to contemplate where she truly wanted to go and where she truly wanted to be. Packs seemed to rise and fall in rapid succession around her. She needed some stable ground.

Valdís stalked along the great river that ran through the south. It wasn't so much that Talis had fallen, it was that it had fallen the moment she'd ascended to a high rank. All that work for naught! In the blink of an eye she had to start back over at the bottom. She growled to herself as she rounded the river bend. She continued along until she spied a male resting by the river. Her ears flicked forward as she watched him for a moment. Shrugging to herself she decided she may as well say hello. Wasn't like she had anything better to do. "Hey there, enjoying the river?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Xander

gems
size
build
player
03-10-2018, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2018, 07:46 PM by Ashiel. Edit Reason: fixed table, added missing </table> tag )

The sire continued with,  his act of dismay. A sudden noise disturbed his peace and quiet,  he turned slowly tense but calm and welcoming.  "Huh? Oh hello there Dame what might you be doing here?"

He smiled when she asked her question,  "Ah,  yes it seems I was the river is lovely at this time. " he cooed,  his lime orbs scanning hers.  With a small chuckle his owl,  landed on the new wolves shoulder,  and chirped,  "Hello, who might you be?" her wings not folded but held closely to her small form.
Does, "Speaks" Thinks. Alexandria; Does,"Speaks" Thinks

Take my soul,  dear light.
A thousand firefly,  can't  light up my soul.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
03-10-2018, 04:27 PM

Dame? She chuckled. Where she was from it was a rather old-fashioned term. If she had to guess she'd say the male was new to the area but it was difficult to tell from speech alone. She shrugged at his question. "Just going for a walk, letting my mind work out some thoughts. That sort of thing. What about you? Do you live around here?" Suddenly an owl appeared and tried to land on her shoulders but she shuffled back away from it with a startled growl so that it would miss her. What on earth… an owl in daylight? That wasn't a good sign but when it spoke to her her head titled to the side and she eyed the man. "Do you know this bird?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Xander

gems
size
build
player
03-24-2018, 09:29 PM

The man looked at the woman with a pause, had he sayed 'Dame'. Damnit he shook his crown at the thought, before receiving a secondary smile. He turned his crown away from the woman for a moment, and looked to the rippling waves that brushed along the side of the river bank.

The man turned to face the woman as her maw began to open, and she began to speak. "Just going for a walk, letting my mind work out some thoughts. That sort of thing. What about you? Do you live around here?" he would give a shake to his crown before replying, "I just like staying around these part, it never seems to hold death or...Sadness. No i don't live around here, i don't really have a home." he sighed, his crown turning away to hide his visage.

Alot of happened to him when he had a home, it was scary...And death happened alot around him he even had became a cannibal but he, had been trying to hide that for a long time he still was... He turned towards the woman as she asked about his companion. "Yes shes Alexandria, my pet-compaion." he stuttered, before Alexandria gave him a loud, disappointed shriek.

He began to ask her, "Do you live around here?" before a fish began to jump from the water, bringing with it a rainbow from the shards of water that reflected the suns rays. A sudden chirp for Alexandria and, she was after the fish her talons fully pointed torward the fish and with a final dive...She had the fish beaten in its game, she landed on a fallen logs stump. As she began to feast on it, with a few chirps in between her beakfulls of the fresh, salmon.

"Speak"||'Thinks'

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

03-25-2018, 04:06 PM

Valdís continued to the eye the bird but as the man said that he knew the bird and that she was his companion she slowly eased up. She knew on occasion that some wolves did make friends with other species but it was hard to tell at a glance and she'd always had that fight instinct. Slowly she nodded her head toward the owl in greeting. The man spoke about this part of the land but stated that he ultimately didn't live anywhere. She nodded. "I get that, I don't live anywhere either. I used to be a part of a pack named Talis but… they no longer exist." She felt anger bubble in her stomach again but time had begun to cool it. Pack challenges were a part of life for wolves but it was still frustrating that Ashiel had been the one to challenge. "My name is Valdís by the way, what's yours?" She watched the bird for a moment as she skillfully caught a salmon. Valdís had to admit, there were times she wished she could fly.

"Talk" "You" Think

Xander

gems
size
build
player
03-25-2018, 04:54 PM

He looked at the woman as she spoke her words, "I get that, I don't live anywhere either. I used to be a part of a pack named Talis but… they no longer exist." she spoke softly, he couldn't help but feel her anger.

"How did it happen?" he asked sadly, with a sigh. A moment of silence filled the air as he took to forgetting she was there the breeze, brushed though his fur as his auds where set to face to his back.

"I am Xander, that owl there is Alexandria" he began to look back over at her, with a slight smile.

"Speak"||'Thinks'

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

03-26-2018, 08:08 PM

Valdís turned her head and grit her teeth but finally she sighed. "A pack challenge. Ashiel Abraxas challenged the leader of Talis, Dragon Ancora and won" She shrugged lightly. "It happens but it's still frustrating. Dragon plans to start Talis up again but I don't know yet that I'll be joining again…" The breeze picked up, it tussled her fur and her thoughts drifted to Ásvor, the friend she was quickly realizing was more than a friend. Some how she'd fallen in love the other woman and all of a sudden her anger dissipated as a stirring hope started to beat in her breast. She only occasionally saw Ásvor because her friend lived in the north of Boreas where as she had lived in Talis down in Auster. Separated by a sheer vast expanse of earth and sea but now… now… what was stopping her from going north?

Valdís suddenly grinned and laughed. "Honestly, now that I've had time to think on it I do think it's best. There's someone I've been wanting to see who lives very far away. Of course... there was the problem of whether Ásvor would feel the same. Valdís bit her lip but cast the thought aside. "Nice to met you Xander and Alexandria. You know it is too nice a day to just stand around talking. You want to walk with me?" She started to stroll along the river bank, turning to gaze back at Xander. "Say, how did you and Alexandria meet anyway?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Xander

gems
size
build
player
03-26-2018, 08:43 PM

He listened to the woman with, flickering ears he was interested as she began to speak, "A pack challenge. Ashiel Abraxas challenged the leader of Talis, Dragon Ancora and won" He watched as she rolled her shoulders, with a sigh he continued to lesson."It happens but it's still frustrating. Dragon plans to start Talis up again but I don't know yet that I'll be joining again." he couldn't help but feel bad for her. He sighed, mumbling something inaudible. He felt his companion hold pure rage, he turned to her she gave a snort more of a 'What is with these wolves, and battle around here?' he gave a shrug torward his companion in a questioning bit but also, held 'I don't like it either sass' he turned back to the woman.

As he turned back, the woman grinned before laughing. That brought a smile to his face a second past before she spoke once again."Honestly, now that I've had time to think on it I do think it's best. There's someone I've been wanting to see who lives very far away." That shocked him, he thought she was sad about losing her pack but that quickly changed, she was happy? Well he then asked, "Don't you miss your pack mates, that you don't know where they are? Wouldn't returning to your pack, make you loyal to them..?" well that was the mans opinion, as he felt a confused bit tear though him.

"Nice to met you Xander and Alexandria. You know it is too nice a day to just stand around talking. You want to walk with me?" the woman added, and he quickly replied as if it was instinct. "It would be a pleasure." he cooed, with a slight bit of playfulness. As he began to stroll behind to her she turned and asked.

"Say, how did you and Alexandria meet anyway?" he would began to talk, "Where i am from-well my pack sometimes had wolves that bonded with other animals. And most of the animals and wolves never bond, if we where to bond with a deer you where to be kicked from the pack, a couger killed, a eage you'd become scout. For snake you'd become a trader and for a bear you'd be a healer. But for owls, you'd become Alpha and not be have to be choosen to be beta. It had been at least been two hundred years sense the last wolf bonded with a owl." he took a deep breath, he looked at her and finished his sentence "Me and Alexandria didn't like the pressure so we left." he had never told anyone that...But he felt he could trust her.
"Talk." 'Think.' "Others."
Made for Xander. Made by Bear

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

04-06-2018, 06:35 PM

Valdís chuckled to herself as he asked if she missed her packmates and she shrugged lightly. "I suppose, but to be honest I didn't get to know anyone that well. I joined on the eve of a raid and not long after our wounds had healed Dragon was challenged. I want to keep my opportunities open, I may go back. I just need to see where fate takes me." She continued walking along as Xander spoke of his pack. It was an interesting system, to have the bonding of oneself with another animal determine one's destiny. Her brows raised as he mentioned that a wolf bonding with an owl meant alphaship.

She walked for awhile in silence. "That can't have been easy, do you miss your packmates? Would you ever consider returning to them? I take it your pack is well outside Boreas… I think I'd have heard of it, if it were here. Do you intend to join a pack in one of the lands here?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Xander

gems
size
build
player
04-06-2018, 09:47 PM
The rose bring, a sweet scent. With the pain of there thorns.
The man turned to the woman, with a nod of understanding. How could you miss people you, don't know very well...It makes sense i suppose. As she asked him about him, wanting to return to them his eyes then narrowed brows furrowed. The mans hackles rasied and his tail thrashed, with a cold glare he spoke.

"No...I would never!"
he hissed lifting his crown, showing his isthmus. Fur had been totally damaged there none is sight, all of it gone.

"They did these to me, why would i go back to a pack that wanted to kill me!?"
he growled, his pupils sliced into a very, very thin line. He then released what he was doing, he stepped back and sighed.

"sorry..."
he spoke in a very soft tone, anger had token ahold of him and that couldn't have helped...

"speaking"

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

04-14-2018, 01:27 PM

Valdís jumped slightly at Xander's outburst and she slowed her pace to gaze at him curiously, her eyes tracing his scars. She found it surprising that they had tried to kill him but she supposed she couldn't say much on the matter. After all she had been in a similar position. She was the child of the alpha pair but when the battles were ended and the mist cleared that was not enough to save her from the pack's disdain. Though at least she had chosen to leave. She was not technically driven out but she had no desire to stay and endure her pack's derision for the crimes of her mother.

"No, don't worry about it. It hurts when those who are supposed to care for you reject you. You have a right to be angry. I was cast from my own pack as well though they didn't try to kill me." Actually, she didn't know that for sure. Subversion was their game. There'd have been no outward signs of a threat until she was cornered and it was to late.

"Well… my first pack. Talis will have been the second but third time's a charm right? Of course… I don't know if it will be worth the trouble. Do you think you'll try to join a pack or are you going to stay a wanderer?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Xander

gems
size
build
player
04-14-2018, 03:04 PM
[Image: 5c782bd853482128d4a7e0a2ed289e80.jpg]

The man turned away from the woman, his crown turned back to her as she spoke. "I am still very sorry, at least someone knows how it feels to be free..." he sighed, his form tilted upward as a slop formed. He kept a slow but rhythmic pace, as he looked at the sky.

She spoke again, his aud flicking back to lesson. "I tried to join a pack, but i don't think living in a pack is great..Well not for me. Hmm, wait would you like to travel with me?" he asked, his crown tilting. He continued walking, his toes curling in the soil with every step. Eyes narrowing as flies passed by, his tail wagging slowly.

"speech"

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

04-21-2018, 03:41 PM

Valdís buried her past, she didn't need it getting in the way and so she let the memories roll off her back like water off a duck. She didn't know what to think about joining a pack any more. On one paw she wanted the prestige that went with climbing the ranks, the purpose it gave her but on the other it seemed like she had the worst luck with packs. She'd join a pack for a season or two and then it would fall. She gazed at Xander for a moment and shook her head. "I'm sorry, I can't. I need to find someone. She is the one I intend to travel with. Speaking of which I really should get on my way, I have something very private I need to tell her. Take care!" She dipped her head in a short nod then turned to go on her way.

-exit-

"Talk" "You" Think