gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
04-25-2018, 02:54 AM
He watched grimly as she tried to argue. But when she finally realized that he was beyond saving, he tried to smile. "Don't be...sorry...dear. I've taught you...everything I know...don't ever be sorry for...the things you can't...control." He licked the top of her head, trying to comfort her. He could feel himself slipping, but not fast enough. The pain was nearly unbearable, but he wouldn't show it. For her sake, he would try to control it as best he could. "Remember...all the adventures we had...all the...herbs we found...you know...my favorite one is...the lavender..." He gently nosed her cheek, urging her to get some. He knew he didn't have to say more. Maybe the lavender would help calm her down, and maybe help him. He honestly didn't know. With the pain he felt, he didn't think anything would help him anymore.

It took no more then a moment for Quake to come back with a bunch of lavender, and she set it beside him he carefully ate as much as he could. He wanted to sleep. He wanted the pain to go away. He didn't want to leave her though...was he even...ready? If he was honest with himself, he was scared. Scared of leaving her in the world alone. She wasn't very social, and had hardly been around anyone else but him since they had left abaven. Would she go back there? "Quake...remember everything we've been through. The stories...the good times...I don't regret...a single day...spent with you.."

Quake

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
04-25-2018, 02:59 AM
His words hardly soothed her, but she tried. Even when she got the lavender, she watched him as he practically ate all that she had brought. She knew how much pain he was in...or at least, she could imagine. Her own shoulder flared with pain, but she ignored it. Her wound wasn't fatal...but his...she still didn't want to acknowledge it. She was too choked for words. So she simply listened and nodded as he spoke. This would be the last night she ever heard his voice...she didn't want to miss a word. She didn't want to let him go. But she knew she had to. Tears continued to fall as she buried her face in his neck again. Listening to the irregular beat of his heart, how much weaker it was compared to just a moment ago. He was suffering, she knew that. "I w-won't forget anything...I p-promise..." She whimpered, wanting just a little more time with him.

-couple hours later-

The pair had fallen asleep, and when Quake startled awake, she quickly checked on her uncle. He was...still breathing. Labored, but he was still alive. The lavender had calmed them both, but she knew it didn't do much else to ease his suffering.
Tracker||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Kakashi

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
04-25-2018, 03:05 AM
He smiled when she promised him that she wouldn't forget. He was proud of her. So very proud, and he knew that she knew that. There wasn't a day that went by that he didn't tell her how much he loved her, how much he was proud of her. She had accomplished so much since he had come around, and he honestly couldn't be prouder. The lavender seemed to be taking some sort of effect. He felt tired, so, so tired. Eventually, the pair fell asleep. Quake pressed gently but firmly into his fur.

-couple hours later-

He felt Quake stir against him, checking to see if he was still breathing. The pain had dulled somewhat, but every little movement brought it flaring up again. Blood still flowed from some wounds, and he knew that he would die a slow death if he kept bleeding out. "Quake...it's time..." He whispered. He coughed, wincing terribly as the pain shot across his body. "Do you have...something...?" Crimson gaze found her own crimson gaze. He knew she understood...but the question was...would she do it?

Quake

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
04-25-2018, 03:09 AM
Her lip quivered, tears stinging her eyes again. She could see how much pain he was in. The blood he was losing. The weakness in his body...when he said it was time, she didn't want to let go. But it wasn't fair of her to keep him here. Suffering. That would be selfish of her, wouldn't it? To force him to lie there, knowing he would die. If not from shock, then blood loss...and she would hate herself if she let him die of blood loss. When he asked if she had something, she slowly nodded. Reluctant to leave his side, she eventually stood went to get the nightshade. It was the only thing she knew she had that would do the job quickly. If she overdosed him on anything else, it would be slow...but this...if she gave him the whole thing...

She carefully moved the plant with her paw, moving it as close to his mouth as possible. "This...it'll h-help you sleep..." She tried to bite back the tears and the choked words, but nothing would be able to help her with that. She pressed close to his side, trying to offer comfort as she buried her head beneath his. "I love you, dad...always r-remember that..."
Tracker||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Kakashi

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
04-25-2018, 03:17 AM
It seemed she would. And he was grateful that she was doing this for him. As she brought the herb closer to him, he recognized the berries. Nightshade. It was something he often used in his younger days when he was a hired assassin. Ironic, how something he used to kill others would be the one killing him, too. He knew how potent it could be. And while he was hesitant on eating it, he knew he would have to. He didn't want to put her through anymore suffering, watching him bleed out. "Thank...you..." He didn't want to leave her. But whether he ate the plant or not, he would be. He had to. His wounds were beyond patching up. He was beyond saving. He knew that. As she buried her head beneath his, he held her tightly. She called him dad, and it choked him up. He had always thought of her as his daughter, and it seemed...she thought the same. "I love you too, sweetie...I always...will..." He licked her cheek a few times, feeling himself growing weaker. Even too weak to show all the affection that he wanted...it was time.

He lay there with her for a good bit longer before quietly taking the nightshade. He ate the whole thing and closed his eyes. His breathing slowed down more. Heart beat slowed. Everything started to feel colder. But him? It was hurting less, and less, and less...his daughter was beside him, and he couldn't be happier. He felt himself slipping away, the last thing he saw in his mind was Quake's face...until finally...darkness...

-Exist Kakashi via death-