gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
04-21-2018, 12:08 AM

Selene was highly unsure of the things that she had seen. Her eyes had seemed to deceive her during the time she'd spent walking the south of Boreas. Everything there was so strange, so chilling. Like seeing something she wasn't meant to, like living a life that wasn't hers if just for a moment. A place that wasn't welcoming, but wasn't actively turning her away. A mirage. Little did she know, it was possible to get a whole lot more strange. She was going to explore the Forgotten Isle, and it was going to be weird.

The moonscorned had never seen anything like it, pulling up on the shore. Something had caught her eye on a morning swim, so she had to check it out. Her brain worked in funny ways like that. Autumn was spreading over Boreas, after all. Maybe now was the time to leave for Auster, to explore there for the winter. That would be smart, and Selene was getting good at that. She was starting to be more than okay at figuring out where she needed to be, and when. Why would this be any different?

With a careful gaze, she began to take in the new island. It was... creepy. Honest and goodness, creepy. Another chilling moment to her brain, processing everything at incredible speeds. Things that she didn't need to see, crumbling boardwalk along the sand. This area had clearly once been thriving, but who had lived here? Were they the same ones that had fought on the plateau, the same ones that were buried beneath the knolls? Selene isn't sure that any of this is for her eyes, but she wanders through anyway. Her eyes scan the sky for anything different, anything new. Every sense on high alert... was there anyone else out here?

"Talk" "You" Think
[Image: PeVC6RS.png]

Czernobog

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
04-22-2018, 12:10 AM
He wasn't always one for exploring. Truth be told, he loathed to leave his home once upon a time. But now, now the giant of a man was older, and more easily convinced by his idle brain to wander and explore for the sake of knowing what might lay beyond the canyon. The Island wasn't far, so it was an easy enough place to find himself once the urge to wander took him.

He'd been meandering slowly along the half-rotted path of wood, eyeing the creation that was probably built by a species unlike his own. He moved to the sand, heavy paws sinking slightly in it at the wolf continued his trek towards one of the great structures he had seen in the distance. He was quite focused on his goal, but not to enraptured that he did not notice the dark little woman up ahead of him, calling out with a soft bark of greeting. It was hardly a bright and friendly sound, but certainly free of any menacing tones so he wouldn't appear threatening. Czern wasn't one to go around frightening others unless he had good reason.

As he moved closer to the woman, he noted how much smaller she was, maybe half his size! Regarding her with golden eyes he would find himself smiling. "Strange place, isn't it?" the black god never claimed to be good at conversation starters. Good thing too, lest he be proven a liar.

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
04-22-2018, 02:42 PM

She explores as if it's her job-- probably because it is. Selene doesn't mind that much. She's always been one to give herself a task if there wasn't one on hand. She moves easily, light on her feet. Catlike maybe, borrowing their grace without really thinking much of it. It's her grace now too. Selene's mind is so wrapped up in it, wrapped up in the act of exploring, that she can't even help be enchanted by the world around her.

The place was ever so bizarre where it hit her senses. The smell of it, like something had been left to decay without any thought of what would happen. The look of it? It had been abandoned. It had been left without much notice, with piles of rubbish being swept by only the wind. Like someone had closed up shop with the intent to return, but they never had. She's unsure of it all, but there's nothing as strange as what she'd already seen. The moonscorned allows it to take her senses somewhere far away.

A bark. It startles Selene out of her head, gaze swinging to take in... well, he was huge. A behemoth of some sort. At least he'd asked her a question, so her social anxiety didn't have a chance to take over. That was probably best, after all. "It is... I rather like it." Her tail wags softly, maybe a bit of nervousness shining through. Interacting with the outside world is different for Selene, and she doesn't really mind... it's just... new. New was fine.

"What brought you out here?" Selene asks carefully, gaze carefully trained on the stranger. There was interest here. Everything about it was interesting, today. Selene decided it was okay after all.

"Talk" "You" Think

Czernobog

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
04-24-2018, 12:07 AM
He nodded slowly in agreement, turning to survey the distant structures and the overgrown foliage between them and the rest of the island's curiosities. It was very unlike anything he'd seen back home, but, not in a bad way. It tugged at the buried part of himself that took after his nomadic ancestors. "I do too, it's peaceful. A bit haunting, like a poorly preserved memory you can see age before your eyes." Rarely was the man so keen on observing and discussing the finer points of the lands he found himself in. Maybe the little woman was just drawing out that softer part of him he liked to pretend didn't exist despite how blatantly apparent it could be.

Shrugging, he yawned before replying in a slight, accented drawl, "The desire to have a break from monotony, I suppose. I live close by on the mainland, and it felt like a good day to see the sights. What about you? " Was she also escaping the day to day? Or was this her day to day?

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
04-24-2018, 09:58 PM

There's a grace to her. Selene looks carefully at the stranger, being sure to keep her distance. If she needed to run, she would run. She would high tail it off in another direction, hide, or toss herself into the sea. It wouldn't be the first time. Maybe that's the paranoia speaking. He was big, but he wasn't... unfriendly? Like that moose she'd come across in the north! He was actually pretty cool. Selene was doing her best to be open minded. Softly, she nodded at the stranger.

"There's something charming about it, if you ask me." There was a quip of conviction in her voice. She's a little silly, filled with a strange light. Selene wasn't going to hold that back, even if she was meant to be a grown ass woman interacting with a strange adult man. That didn't matter so much in moments like this. Her tail swishes at her haunches as she moves to explore a bit further, still keeping the conversation threaded between them.

"I'm going to explore all of this place, every land, on both continents... it's getting cold in Boreas, so I came down here." To live somewhere... what a strange concept that was. Selene wasn't super familiar with that, and it was something she couldn't really control. Something she couldn't keep track of. Only a soft pang wove through her chest, one she was able to squelch. The road called to her always, there was no hope of her being anything other than a gypsy. "I'm Selene, by the way." Right. Don't be weird. Introduce yourself.

"Talk" "You" Think

Czernobog

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
05-16-2018, 11:10 PM
Her slight unease was noticed, but not dwelt upon. Czernobog was well aware of his tendency to appear more threatening than most by virtue of his size and paint. It wore off in time, especially since Czern wasn't one to act aggressively towards others unless necessary. He also wasn't always friendly unless he had reason to be, but today was a good day and the petite woman seemed like someone he might enjoy talking with. No one in the pack was quite like her, after all. None so slight and delicate, or who spoke in the manner she did. It was refreshing to have a change. "I agree," he mused, eyeing the place dominated by relics of the past.

Once she began walking he'd trail along after her, moving to walk carefully along the wooden boardwalk, claws clicking here ant there when they found wood that was still more solid than the rotted parts. It was a game he played carefully, keeping an eye out for gaps so he wouldn't trip as they slowly approached one of the closer buildings. "Quite ambitious, that's a good quality to have. There are some rather interesting lands to be found here in Auster, although a couple are claimed by the packs." The compliment wasn't one he made terribly purposefully, though he'd stand by it unembarrassed if it were pointed out. "Very good to meet you Selene, I am Czernobog."

Eyeing the structures ahead of them, he asked, "Are you looking to explore inside those? I can't say I've ever been in one, though I've seen some before."