ardent

PRODIGAL SON

Genesis

gems
size
build
player
07-16-2014, 02:04 PM

In short, his travels had revealed little. He had curiously explored a few lands beyond Alacritis, towards the end of winter, his gypsy soul pulling him further and further away. Alas, he had commitments and thus he had returned to the breast of his family. He halts at the border, unsure if he is welcome to simply intrude and gives the forest a puzzled from. The sun is kissing the horizon, an orange glow casting shadows in the forest. He stands there, his tail stiff behind him, as he stares into the pines. Letting out a sigh, he tosses his head up- a song coming from deep within his chest. He's home- shouldn't someone care? His cry echoes around him, and his ears flatten as the persistent voice sounds in his head, the conscious that he can't escape. Why would they care? You always leave. His ears flatten and he shakes his head slightly, trying to rid himself of the sound. He's been alone far to long. He turns, and paces along the border, his breath billowing in the frigid darkening sky. He's still not good at waiting, shouldn't they heed his call faster?

Speech,

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-17-2014, 05:12 PM

Athena's head snapped up at the sound of her brother's howl. The last time she had heard his voice had been at the meeting during the epidemic. He had seemingly disappeared, making her worry. At the same time, she wondered how many more times she could put up with his random appearances. Her ears flicked uncertainly as she trotted off to meet him, wanting to be the first to greet him if nothing else. Sure enough, when she arrived he was still standing there alone, pacing along the border.

She sighed, padding toward him with the uncertainty she felt present in her gaze. "Genesis," she said simply, coming to a halt in front of him. "Coming home yet again, hm?" She waited patiently to see if he would have some kind of explanation for suddenly disappearing right when she needed him most.

Speech
Thought

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
07-19-2014, 11:16 PM

The last Vereux had seen of Genesis was at the wall where the boy had broken down in tears in front of him. While now, that would never happen, it was still the closest memory he would have of his brother. Holding no quarell with him, Vereux held his siblings dear, maybe even if Athena was even more dear to him than anyone else. Without the weird glances or the judging of their decision, the king would not let his confidence falter in his love for Athena and what she had helped him turn into as a leader.
As he watched his mate come across the other gray boy. The odd brother out in his dark slate blue coloring would come beside her. His pelt brushing against her in a calming manner if that helped at all. ?Genesis.? he would greet as his green eye would watch curiously. Genesis did leave often, and Vereux had a thought to not let him leave if he chose to return. But that was for Athena to decide.
?I speak?

Genesis

gems
size
build
player
07-27-2014, 06:53 PM

Perhaps he has a gypsy heart?

As he paces and waits for Athena to come to his call. She greets him, and he halts in his paces turning towards her. She looks different some how, almost older? Before he speaks, Vereux appears and brushes against Athena, and something seems off about the gesture. His eyes narrow, his brows furrowing. "Athena. Vereux." He greets his words gruff. "How are things?" He asks, rather casually, seeking to know the state of the Glaciem Empire. He will not apologize for his travels, as they are necessary- needed in order to maintain his sanity.

He waits, wondering what has changed since he last left. Will Glaciem ever be able to help him achieve greatness? He wonders. How is their father? Has the epidemic returned?

Speech,

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-27-2014, 10:58 PM

Just a moment after her question made way to silence, she felt Vereux's familiar presence at her side. She glanced toward him, both glad and unsure about having him there. She could tell from the look that Genesis gave them that he not only didn't know about their relationship but perhaps wouldn't approve. She sighed softly, realizing she had quite the mess to sort out if she wanted to keep both of her brothers here. "Vereux, will you give us just a moment? Just one moment." She glanced toward her mate once again, motioning away from them with her head, giving him a small, pleading smile. She just needed a second to explain things to Genesis, that's all.

After their blue-hued brother stepped away Athena turned her attention back to Genesis, sighing softly. "Genesis... Well, you've certainly missed a lot. I'm Queen now. Father stepped down, gave the throne to me. Father is fine, being his bothersome self as always, but he's fine." He glanced toward Vereux and back to Genesis again, unsure what to say. "Vereux and I... are mates. He stepped up, stood by my side, became King..." She hesitated with a sigh, watching her brother closely for his reaction. "Genesis, I want you here. There are a lot of wolves that simply... disappeared after I took over. I need good wolves here with me. You can be my Duke, travel to other packs with news for me.

Speech
Thought