gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
08-26-2018, 07:26 PM
Malleus said nothing in response to Serene's first statement. He wasn't sure what else to say or, really, if anything more needed to be said on the subject. She was too kind, that much he was convinced of. While he liked to think he was making them both proud by his actions he was afraid of letting that belief cloud his judgement. He was also afraid of getting his hopes up. Being the source of an admired someone's disappointment was its own kind of hell.

Her query was a much safer topic and Malleus latched onto it with no small amount of relief. "It depends," he began thoughtfully. "Many mortals choose to simply gather followers, pick a territory and establish themselves that way. In my family, it's not uncommon for hordes to get so big that factions break off and establish themselves in new lands."

He paused to consider the Abraxas exodus into these lands. Until his father had directed them here, this land hadn't known the name Abraxas. "More common still is the dethroning of an established mortal alpha. That is how my father and my cousin got their packs." After a moment's thought, he added, "Although I suppose that's not really "starting" a pack, is it?"

Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.