gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
06-10-2018, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 09:07 PM by Archon.)
Archon was aware he was being watched. He couldn't quite shake the feeling and by now he was convinced. Eerie forest aside, he was definitely was not alone.

But who was with him?

Archon walked carefully, quietly, his ears swiveling all around and listening in all directions. No matter what he heard, he couldn't catch a glimpse of the culprit. Wherever he looked, there was nothing.

Tall trees loomed overhead, blurring all into the same image as if every tree passed still lay ahead. Above, the trees' limbs merged together, seeming infinite in their tallness.

Although unable to see the other, Archon's suspicions were correct. He was being watched, but he was being watched not from the side or behind, but from above. A large shadow trailed him, climbing carefully from limb to limb. The monkey was not afraid for he was quite safe. This wolf, however, was curious. He had been praying earlier. He neither walked towards a specific destination nor wandered aimlessly. This wolf seemed to ponder every detail as if he was trying to memorize it for later.

Though the monkey stuck to observing for now, he would be sure to make the wolf's acquaintance a little later.

Aaliyah

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
06-10-2018, 08:45 PM
It had been a long time since the young woman had been home, but she had an important mission to accomplish. Her mother had gone missing, and Aaliyah was determined to find the dark woman who gave birth to her. She wasn't quite sure why, as they had never been close, but it would seem there was some instinct to find the wolf who could help her learn more about herself. You won't find her, godling, stop trying. A blast of negativity from the confines of her own mind, a being she hadn't yet learned of. I am not trying to be negative, I am trying to keep you from wasting time. You should be climbing the ranks of your pack, proving yourself to the other gods...show you have your father's greatness in you. True, she shouldn't be pining over a mother she hardly knew, she shouldn't be wasting time outside the pack when there was so much to do within.

But, what if her mother was injured or dead? Could she really let herself mourn the loss, even if it wasn't a true loss? Liyah wasn't sure what to do, so, she continued to meander about until she saw a familiar face in the shadows of the forest. She hadn't even realized she had come this far south, looking for her mother but subconsciously wandering home.

She recognized the wolf as her half-brother, though she realized she didn't know him very well, something that should be remedied immediately. Her inner voice agreed, for once, and she moved slowly in his direction. With a soft and sweetly toned voice, she called to him, "Hello, big brother!" While she was aware of some of her older siblings being rather...condenscending toward her, she was also used to ignoring it and taking whatever was thrown at her and throwing it right back. She hoped this wouldn't be the case though, "Hope I am not intruding, I hear you are rather busy these days, I wouldn't want to interrupt any much needed alone time." She wouldn't want to, but she would anyway. The comfort of any family member would be welcomed at this point.
Beware: She has a god-complex and really only likes family, mystical beings and gods like herself. You've been warned!

The character you are currently reading is Aaliyah, as indicated by the red border around her pic.
If you would like a thread, just let Bird know via Discord or PM Aaliyah's profile!

Archon

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
06-11-2018, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 11:38 PM by Archon.)
A chirpy voice burst through the stillness. Turning, he recognized the woman it came from.

"Aaliyah," Archon said in a simple greeting, turning his head to look at her. Aaliyah went on to talk about how she hoped she wasn't intruding and how she wouldn't want to interrupt, but wasn't she already? Archon wasn't bothered so simply, but he found irony in her words and took silent enjoyment out of them.

"We are never truly alone so long as we have The Fallen God by our side," Archon rumbled, turning his attention back to the forest. Could Aaliyah have been the presence Archon felt this whole time?

"Tell me, did you see any others here?" he asked. "I have a feeling we are even less alone than you may think."

Archon looked around, the sheer density of the trees blocking his vision from reaching very far. Their limbs blotted out the light, making sight overhead equally difficult. This endless expanse of trees made every step feel like the last as the never-ending shadows loomed, encroaching ever closer in this claustrophobic space.

In the shadows, the monkey held still. The wolf was aware of him, although the wolf had not yet narrowed it down. While he was still, Obi was sure neither wolf could spot him. When they started moving again, however, that would be the real challenge.

Aaliyah

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
06-16-2018, 06:39 PM
She was glad to see her half-brother hadn't taken offense to her presence, some of the Abraxas clan were known for short patience and even shorter tolerance for others. Aaliyah, He greeted, his tone cordially neutral as he regarded her. With his response, Aaliyah found herself tilting her head. Never truly alone, hm? Well, then, that was certainly something to think about. "I hope I still hold his favor, I have been feeling very alone lately. I am not enjoying it, so far. But, I have learned much." Another question came from him, along with the idea that they may not be alone. One dark ear slid back on her crown, bright red eyes searching the face of her older brother for some hint that he was joking.

"I haven't seen any others, but I don't feel anything out of the ordinary. Maybe the Fallen God is making himself known to you? Better listen to him, Brother, and tell me what he says!" Of course, she was unaware that others didn't have their own cutting voice in the back of their mind that belonged to another being altogether. Bright rubies scan the area around them, the woman even smart enough to search the trees above them as she wondered what could be out there watching them. She felt nothing, but she also trusted her brother's instincts. She was ready to fight if necessary, though Aaliyah prayed to the Fallen God that it wouldn't come to that. She was trying to get home after exploring and learning about her world.
Beware: She has a god-complex and really only likes family, mystical beings and gods like herself. You've been warned!

The character you are currently reading is Aaliyah, as indicated by the red border around her pic.
If you would like a thread, just let Bird know via Discord or PM Aaliyah's profile!

Archon

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
06-18-2018, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 11:40 PM by Archon.)
Archon's younger sibling spoke of her feelings of distance from God. Archon hummed thoughtfully.

"Without distance, you can never truly enjoy being close. The pleasure of being reunited is a stronger feeling than all the loneliness from the time apart. But know that God never fully leaves us. He hears us and guides us in way so that we may become closer to Him and more like Him."

Although in this type of place, Archon wasn't so sure anyone could hear your prayers. The cool, damp ground seemed to even mirror the lower edges of the trees, just moist enough for mosses to climb their way up. The constant mixture of browns and greens seemed to always mirror one another here, making it almost possible to imagine one was walking on the leaves and looking up at the ground instead. It was a disorienting type of land that perhaps even God could not penetrate.

Archon turned to the girl, "When you feel alone, know that you are feeling the same way He must have when He first descended the heavens. It is still for your benefit. After all, it led you to me, did it not?"

Archon let a small smile cross his face before turning back to the surrounding area. Aaliyah said she didn't feel anything odd and suggested it may be The Fallen God.

"Perhaps it is," Archon rumbled, beginning to walk again.

Obi Mon Kinobi watched from the trees. These were interesting creatures indeed! As they spoke about gods above, Obi couldn't help but feel a little excited. He climbed carefully. He had plans to reveal himself soon. Very soon. But right now was not quite the right moment.

Aaliyah

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
06-27-2018, 10:01 PM
She couldn't help the distance she felt between herself and their god, but she wondered if it had anything to do with the distance between herself and her family and pack members. Maybe if she actually went home instead of trying to find her mother, or her father for that matter. It would do no one any good for her to be out the way she was, and it only made her feel further and further from anything real. Aaliyah lifted her nose to the wind, hoping to catch the scent of whatever was causing her brother to feel weird.

She could barely feel the fur creeping up on her neck as a subtle awareness prickled at her spine. 'Something is close...' She thought to herself, looking around, her blood red gaze alert. "Wait...I feel something...like we are being watched..." She looked back to Archon and searched his face, making sure this wasn't a prank of some sort. When she saw the seriousness in his gaze, she returned to sentry mode and began to look around, even in the trees.

"Speech" Walk. "You." 'Think.'

Archon

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
07-07-2018, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 11:43 PM by Archon.)
Aaliyah was quiet for a time and Archon didn't dare interrupt her. He was rarely uncomfortable with silence. He had good faith in the girl and he knew she would come around to God eventually. Each of them had their own paths and struggles to endure to prove that they were, indeed, children of God.

Finally, after a while, Aaliyah seemed to hone in on the feeling of being watched. Archon nodded, following her gaze around. There was still nothing, however.

Archon's head snapped up, the greenery blurring into the ebbing shadows surrounding him. It was infuriating. One could not tell up from down much less be able to find an omniscient presence here. The branches crept into one another's space, casting darkness over each other. It was impossible to see where the voice had come from. If Archon was not careful, he could have lost Aaliyah behind a tree and she was but two steps behind him.

Obi had waited and now both wolves were aware of his presence. Good. He was ready to reveal his presence, but he kept his form hidden.

"Tell me, who is more godly among the two of you?" Obi echoed.

Aaliyah

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
07-12-2018, 10:17 PM
She looked over her brother's face as he nodded, looking around them as she did. What could it be watching them from whatever it hid behind? They heard a voice then, and Aaliyah sat on her haunches, looking around with garnet eyes scanning the surrounding bushes and trees overhead.  'Tell me, who is more godly among the two of you?' The voice said, and Aaliyah looked to Archon before whispering to him, "I think it wants you..." She said, knowing her brother believed more than she did. She was never particularly close to the Fallen God, but she was learning. Either way, Aaliyah firmly believed her brother was the more godly of them, and she wasn't about to say otherwise. She remained silent, wondering what the voice could be. Looking around still as she hoped they wouldn't be attacked.

Archon

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
07-16-2018, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 11:45 PM by Archon.)
A voice from above asked which of the two was more godly and Aaliyah whispered that she thought it wanted him. Though she sat, Archon remained standing. If the person behind the voice wanted trouble, they would have to go through Archon before getting to Aaliyah.

Although he was willing to protect her, he could only discern a possible direction the voice had come from. The wall of trees and branches making it hard to pinpoint one specific area. His eyes followed the trees branch by branch but he found himself dizzy at the never-ending maze of convoluted greenery.

Still, he shook his head at his sibling's concept that he was more godly.

"Between the two of us, there is no difference," Archon said, eyeing his sister first before scanning the trees. "We are both Fallen Angels of the Fallen God."

Obi was quiet for a moment, contemplating the responses. The girl seemed somewhat timid. The male seemed self-assured, although he wasn't willing to claim all the glory for himself. Confident, but possibly humble?

"Then tell me, wolves, what do you make of other species. What does your god say of those?"

"He makes of them what he makes of everyone else," Archon answered. "If they are of service to him, then he is willing to consider their place among the other Fallen."

"And what service are you to him? What do you do to appease him?"

Archon looked to Aaliyah, seeing if she wanted to answer. If not, Archon would.

Aaliyah

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
08-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Aaliyah smiled at her brother's reassurance, even though she was aware he spoke both to her and the voice they heard. As Archon answered, Aaliyah found herself more and more curious. What was the voice to question them about their beliefs? Was it some sort of messenger from the Fallen God? Archon looked at her as it asked yet another question, catching Aaliyah with her jaw slightly agape as he had been conversing with the voice naturally. "Oh, no..you go ahead. Whatever it is, it wants you. I'm still lost as to how I can please our Lord anyway." She whispered to her brother, letting him know she wasn't willing to talk to a voice she didn't see a body for. Trepidation stopped her, caution, not fear. Or so she convinced herself. She kept thinking the creature could be a divine sort anyway, and that made her a bit nervous. "Aside from that, I have an aversion to talking to disembodied voices..." She tried to make a small joke, but it came out with nerves rather than caution. How odd she may have seemed, to shrink away from what could be a messenger of their God. Why was she so nervous? Because she was spiritually lost?

Archon

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
08-27-2018, 11:44 AM
Archon kept close to his sister. She showed caution and Archon hoped to make that feeling dissipate with his presence so near. He cast her a soft look before returning his eyes to the trees. The creature asked about service to God and the specifics of what he did.

"I believe there are many ways to appease God. Simply spreading his name is one of them, although it may be another step to show others his wrath, and perhaps yet another to turn others into his followers."

Archon saw movement in the trees. His eyes locked onto it.

"Spreading his name, his wrath, and his numbers are sure ways to appease him," Archon said.

There was a moment of silence before the trees rustled again, showing a strange sort of animal with well-articulated paws and a flat face.

"Then perhaps I may join you and this Fallen God's number," Obi said. "Would that be allowed?"

Archon looked to Aaliyah for a moment. Surely this was a sign from God of his approval: A creature so different from themselves willing to join their side.

"I think that would be quite acceptable, if you remain loyal," Archon said.