size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
06-11-2018, 02:12 PM

Her fears had been confirmed. It was too late to come up to the northern continent and collect plentiful amount of herbs. She should have spoke to Ashiel, but now there was no hope until the next few seasons passed. She just nearly prayed that no wolves of the pack would need anything drastic, because she wasn't only limited, she was fresh out of some of the most important herbs.

This was once a prime source to stock her medicines. The Fern Gulley was a healer's heaven, at least in these parts. And she couldn't help but think of how the wolves were fairing up here. A slight thought to Nuada, but she would easily shake it off. Perhaps she would always have a mother's instinct for the kids she lost.

She began a search through the thin layer of snow that found it's way to the southern lands here. It was refreshing from the heat of Auster, but devastating to losing herbs on both continents. She would sniff around some dead stems, her muzzle flicking the fluffy snow from it and as she did it bent down to the earth and crinkled. She couldn't even tell what this plant was. Looking out at the vast meadow, all she saw was the blankets of winter and nothing else.

Walk "Talk" Think

Aranea has a british accent. Threads can produce a Depression Trigger.

(Ar-en-ay-ah Har-per Lah-or-ee)

Scent: Lavender
Alignment: Neutral Good
Season: Summer
Height: 26 inches
Home: Somnium - Dead

Branch

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
06-12-2018, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2018, 07:13 PM by Branch.)

There wasn’t much he could do now. His three storage dens were nearly completely keyed, but frozen ground was to difficult to work with making him have to wait till spring to do anymore work. Serene had left for another adventure, this time a lot longer then the last and he feared his friend didn’t have plans to return. It was a kick in the ribs to him, but he knew he couldn’t give up on his plans, on his dreams. There was a lot of others wolves out there to befriend, plenty of opportunity yet to form bonds that would be willing to stick with him and help him lay the foundation to his pack. Though Serene had been special, he went out of his way for her and now she was gone. Hopefully thier meeting had been for something.

Today the male carried his satchel, full of herbs and trinkets. It was a mild day and he was hopping to maybe do some trading, if he managed to find anyone out and about. He had considered going to packs, but he feared that they would have no time for him since he was a loner. So he was looking for fellow loners or any wolves who would be willing to give him the time. Plus he could hopefully get some interaction to help ease his loneliness. He traveled from his home early in the morning, heading in a direction that hadn’t been planned, flying by the seat of his pants. It was how most of the original family worked and it was how they found some of the best things in thier lives.

Upon reaching the gulley he had found nothing in particular, but as he went further into the territory he had found a smaller figure far up ahead. He smiled, his tail unable to help itself in wagging as he realized he may have a chance to socialize. From far away he let out a bark, deep toned, to let her know of his presence. He then continued to approach until he was a few yards away. He gave her space in case she didn’t feel like being social or felt at all threatened. His tail still wagging to show he was friendly and didn’t mean any harm.

”Hello!” he greeted.

"Talk." & 'Think.'

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
06-12-2018, 10:01 AM

Her ears immediately twitched in the direction of the bark and not a second later she spun her body around revealing that the presence had frightened her for sure. She was very intimidated by the size of the man, especially as he grew closer, but she was paying mind to his kind demeanor and wouldn't flee so easily.

Her ears that previously tucked themselves would pop back up to erect as he greeted, her eyes slightly wide as she watched his movement. "Oh, hello." She hesitated slightly. "Sorry if I seem on edge, it's been a while since I've been up north." A breeze blew by, ice particles stinging at her thin legs but it would settle down as it had been going on and off all day. "My name is Aranea, and you?" She would take a second to notice his pouch. Her muzzle frosted with snow that would look almost invisible to her fur, but an indication that she was looking for herbs or food at least.

Walk "Talk" Think

Branch

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
06-12-2018, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2018, 07:14 PM by Branch.)

He had in fact scared her something he didn’t like to do to others, so he immediately sat down hoping that this would help ease her. She did seem to take in account to his friendly demeanor as her ears popped back up on her head. His smile would turn into a soft and kind one hoping to again continue to ease her. She then apologized for her on edge behavior. She didn’t seem to build for the weather around here making him wonder if she was truly from here or not. His coat was built for the cold, thick and soft to keep him warm.

”No need to apologize you can never be to careful,” he replied trying to give her credit for being weary. ”I’m Branch it’s a pleasure to meet you Aranea.”

He was barely able to notice the Frost upon her muzzle, his gaze drifting to the ground for a moment to see the small spots she had been foraging in. He wondered what she had been looking for specifically, if it was herbs he could surely help her.

”Are you searching for something,” he asked curiously.

"Talk." & 'Think.'

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
06-12-2018, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2018, 12:47 PM by Aranea.)

She looked down as he did to the tracks in the snow that she had made. It would take her a couple seconds of thought before going to answer, "Uh, yeah. I've come from Auster, the southern continent. It's summer there and a harsh one at that. Nearly all the herbs have died out." She looked around the landscape, only her gaze showing her concern for the season and the one upcoming. Because even when the summer and winter would end, they would need to wait for the plants to regrow.

"I'm a little worried about what the heat will do to the wolves of my pack. Prey have been scarce and sickly, and predators can be lethal if you get too close." The brute should have been able to tell she was struggling just from her previous scan of the terrain, she didn't really need to announce it.

The last time she came up north, she met a young girl who she seemed to easily be able to talk to. It was probably just that she was still intimidated by the male that she wasn't in her "normal" or her old groove of things. She was settling down a bit, but she knew if he were to turn on her no one from Eclipse would be here to save her.

Walk "Talk" Think

Branch

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
06-12-2018, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2018, 07:16 PM by Branch.)

Her reply made him perk. Auster, he had never been there and they were having a harsh summer versus Boras was having a rough winter. Herbs, they had died out in both cases laces and he assumed that’s what she needed. She looked concerned, concerned for the wolves of her pack which made him more determined to give his herbs to her. Trading was his first thought, but this was an opportunity to establish a relaxation ship with not only her, but her pack. To think that wolves may be in danger because lack of herbs made his heart tighten, going out to them. This is exactly why he wanted to get his pack up and running to trade supplies others needed to make it through.

”Well I cant make herbs magically grow in this winter weather, but I’m a trader and have had some help collecting a decent herb stock over the spring and summer,” he started before looking to his bag and gently opening it with his mouth to reveal bundle of herbs and a few trinkets. ”I’m more then willing to trade with you.... I’m only one wolf so I don’t really need the stock I have and if they are going to good use then that makes it all the better.”

He looked to her his own concern showing in his soft blue eyes. He hoped he could help her and her pack out. Though he wasn’t sure she would take his offer. He carefully took the satchel off of him, planning on giving it to her for the time being so she could carry the things easily back to the pack

"Talk." & 'Think.'

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
06-12-2018, 02:42 PM

She did have to give a quiet giggle to his remark because that would be working wonders right now if he could. But as he offered her a trade her eye flicked back and froth between him and the background not knowing if he were serious or not. Until he started to remove his bag and hand it to her.

This is when she realized he was truly a genuine guy and didn't mean her any harm, "Oh, no, I couldn't." She refused with a little bit of a back away. But as he prodded that she take it, she would go on, "I don't know if I have anything to trade. And besides, how are you going to give a stranger your bag with no insurance?"

She was tempted to take his offer, but honestly it was a lot of faith to put into someone you didn't know. She would for sure bring back his satchel and something for the trade, but how could he know that? She may have seemed like a frightened little girl but that didn't mean she wasn't greedy.

Walk "Talk" Think

Branch

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
06-12-2018, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2018, 07:17 PM by Branch.)

It was nice to hear the giggle, it showed him that hopefully he was proving to her he meant no harm. Once he got his bag off he began to nudge it towards her letting her know he was serious about his offer. Her refusal made him stop lifting his head and his gaze to look at her. Biting his tongue a moment as he realized she had moved back a little. Though he insisted pushing the bag towards her again ears peeking at her words. Lifting his head he gave a goofy, obviously joking smile.

”I’ll just hunt you down if you don’t come back within a week,” he said before chuckling and shaking his head. ”It’s fine I can find another one if you don’t return, I have a spot that provides a lot of odd things. I’m sure I can find another. Besides you wouldn’t be able to carry all this without the bag.”

Sure he didn’t know if she would bring it back, but he was more concerned about his herb stock helping others instead of collecting dust. It was the purpose that he had the stock in the first place. And maybe it was bad to start off by simply giving his things away, but he hoped it could be the start of something.

"Talk." & 'Think.'

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
06-12-2018, 05:07 PM

She wouldn't take his "threat" so seriously as he was proving his kindness as the moments went on. But in the back of her mind there was a thought of if he was flirting with her. Internally laughing at herself, she would brush those thoughts to the side because that was ridiculous. Maybe it had just been that long since Ty and the meds had finally cleared her mind. Maybe she was finally becoming herself again, besides the large amount of maturity that hit her like a bus. That was just from having kids.

Eventually after what felt like a thousand eye flicks, she would take the satchel and open it up just enough to poke her nose in and see what was inside. "Oh, yeah. This is good." She thanked him with a very thrilled smile.

"Would you like to take a walk?" She offered as she started to put the bag around her neck, "I'd hate to just leave after you've been so generous." And even though it was cold, she didn't mind. It was just the wind here and there, it wasn't like any snow was currently falling. It was a drastic change from Auster, she'd enjoy while she could or at least try.

Walk "Talk" Think

Branch

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
06-12-2018, 07:41 PM

It felt like forever, his blue eyes going from the bag to her. He was hopeful that she would reconsider his offer and take the herbs back to her pack to be able to use. He really wouldn't mind if she didn't come back, but he secretly wanted her too. This conversation had been nice so far and he was interested to learn more about her. Even though their interaction had only been about the herbs so far. She then took the bag and his tail began to lightly wag again as she peered inside and confirmed that the herbs that he had in there would be good. He smiled in return to her thrilled one, so glad that he could be of help.

She then offered to take a walk with him and his blue eyes brightened a little. She continued on to say she would feel bad just leaving. His tail wagged again at her words.

"That would actually be nice, it's been a season and a half since I had any company," he replied as his thoughts drifted to Serene.

It had truly been that long since she had left his camp claiming she was going to explore again. It would be nice to just have company for a little, just to hold him over until the next wolf he would come across. He stood up readying to go for the walk she had offered dipping his head to allow her to go first.

"Talk." & 'Think.'

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
06-12-2018, 09:07 PM

She would begin to walk, stopping to look at him as they faced opposite directions before actually going on to start their short journey. "I could say the same," She stated, "But I'm surrounded by pack wolves." Which was all true. She chose not to interact with the others though she did know and speak to Razi and Ashiel, mostly Razi.

"We just had a woman birth children recently, I gave her my last bit of Trillium but I don't think it helped as much as planned." She sighed with a shrug to her shoulders, looking to the man briefly, "She did very well though. She is a very strong woman, I uh-" She'd cut off there as she almost nonchalantly started to speak of her own birthing, but luckily she was quick to catch herself. "I hope she continues to do great things." Razi's promotion had yet to be announced but Aranea would sure be happy to hear about it. Just as Sparrow, Razi was looking like a friend to Aranea and she hoped the relationship could last a lifetime.

Walk "Talk" Think

Branch

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
06-13-2018, 09:24 PM

It didn't take him long to get up and fallow along, catching up to casually walk beside her, his eyes and ears taking in their surroundings while paying full attention to her. She felt the same as him, yet she was thriving within a pack which made him wonder why. Was her pack not social or was she just more to herself? She had seemed a little quiet with him so far, but not to the extent that would lead him to believe she wasn't social. He glanced over to her curious, but unsure if asking a question like this was considered to personal for someone he had just met.

"If you don't mind me asking..... How come?" he said.

If she didn't want to answer she certainly didn't have to and he wouldn't press her for an answer. Some things may not be meant for him to find out which was okay with him, he was still a stranger to her. She spoke of the recent birth in her pack and using up her Trillium, he nodded showing he was listening.

"Trillium is hard to come by. One thing my mother would always say when talking about her herbs. It's a same that something so useful can be so hard to find." he stated. "I was lucky to find a few in the territory I'm living in."

It seemed that maybe this women may be a wolf Aranea had more then just one interaction with. It also told him that she was a healer, a practicing one. It reminded him of his mother in a way, anytime he came across a healer thoughts of his mother would surface.

"So your a practicing healer then?" He wanted to reassure that his thinking was correct.

"Talk." & 'Think.'

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
06-24-2018, 06:01 AM

"I uh, came into the pack under unusual circumstances." and quite a few at that. Not only was she driven to the empire to pay off a life debt to Asharya, but losing Tyranis and her children was the whole reason behind why she wanted somewhere to live in the first place. She always had a difficult time keeping in a pack. It had been her dream ever since she was driven off in her first pack. Abaven was a great pack in her time of living there and she probably would have never left if it weren't for Tyranis. And she couldn't bring herself to face Sparrow again. She was a brand new woman after giving birth and she thought Sparrow would be disappointed in her all the way around. Too bad she was wrong.

She wouldn't give him the details, as was expected from a stranger and Branch was sure to understand. He was getting the right reading from her, but she was always welcome to continue talking until she felt uncomfortable.

"Yeah, right now there's barely anything in the southern continent." Even the herbs that were strong in the heated season, it was hard to come across them as well. She would hop her shoulder up in their trail as she wasn't used to holding such an odd item but it wasn't unknown to her that many healers would carry around some sort of pouch to carry their herbs in. And some like Branch here, who used it to hold curious trinkets and search for trading. "We have a territory just above us that is usually flourishing with herbs and now it's mostly dried up. It sure is a shame."

She'd look to him with a nod, "Yes, most the females from my originating pack studied herbs. I was one of the few that my elder taught about poisons and hallucinogenics." Turning around, she'd start to head back the way they came but expecting Branch to follow at least until they parted ways. "The rest of the pack didn't agree with his methods, so when I expressed my ideas they kicked me out." Her plan was to poison a neighboring pack via waterway, but this would only be enough to make them sick and rethink their alliance with her pack. But apparently it wasn't the "correct" way and they chose to spill blood instead. Their's and the enemy pack.

"What about you?" She questioned with a small smile in her head turn, hoping not to be talking too much about herself. "Do you study herbs? I wasn't sure from the different items in your bag here."

Walk "Talk" Think

Branch

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
07-05-2018, 08:24 PM

Her answer of 'unusual circumstances' had him curious, but he didn't want to pry. He couldn't in his right mind insist any further information from her, not wanting to cross any emotional or mental boundaries, but also not wanting to scare his temporary company away. It felt so nice to use his voice again, to get to know someone new, and for once to not be completely alone. He was curious about this female, but he had to remember his manners. Being so new to the pack concept in general he didn't really understand what an unusual circumstance would be. In fact the life and the new blood the family clan had brought in was always in unusual circumstances. His father had been one of them, a prisoner of war traded by one of his three grandmothers, to bring into the clan with open arms. He then became mates with his mother and two aunts creating the unusual, but sought after bound that the clan wanted. Clans were much different from packs, but there was a lot he planned to merge with the pack he was creating.

She commented on the lack of herbs in the southern continent and the male gently shook his head. It was a shame what the weather could do, how it could either kill things or make them thrive. He agreed with her that it was a shame.

"Well the snow smothered most of the stuff here... I have even traveled to the west and I'm unable to find anything if you or your pack need anything else I have plenty to trade your pack will need it more then I will," he said.

She then moved on to practicing healing, though her interests was more towards poisons and hallucinogenics. It sounded almost similar to his family clan. Although it hadn't been shunned, it was more of an old healer craft, and was only taught to those who the elders felt would handle the information intelligently. The similarity though was both surprising and refreshing. It made his tail wag slightly. He turned with her and fallowed her. before she turned things to him. He was a little eager to share, but tried to remain composed.

"If I'm being honest my upbringing was similar. A large traveling family clan, we were all taught basics of herbs and what they are used for. As far as being healers, most of the women in my clan found interest in it. Poisons and hallucinogenics were taught to those that the elders felt would be able to use the information properly," he said. "So to fully answer your question I am not a practicing healer, but I know herbs and the basic uses for them. I'm what you call a collector and a trader."

"Talk." & 'Think.'