gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Aaliyah
06-16-2018, 08:33 PM
Star had known it would take time to heal, but had never realized just how much slower winter made the process. A few days had passed since she returned home in a sorry state, in that time she had managed to make her fur look nice again and she was finding it easier to cope with reality. She didn't want to admit the entire ordeal had been just a tad too much for her to handle, and as a result, Stardust remained relatively quiet around the pack. Hell, she rarely came away from her den except to eat or drink or take the medicine that Hailey had given her. It was a relatively sunny day, a soft chill in the air from light breezes, and Star found herself sitting atop her den beneath her weeping willow tree.

She could feel the weather, but this time was different. Usually with winter came a rush of heat and flirtatious behavior toward her mate. Star wondered if it might have to do with her physical and mental state; if the witch that abducted her had messed with her body to the point where she couldn't do all she and Frost had planned. Perhaps, she was simply too old now. Funny, for the first time in months, she didn't feel old. There was an odd anxiety that followed her around, a fear that the dark woman would find her, would kill her. It was a ridiculous fear, she was protected here, she was loved here and safe. It was difficult to remember what safety felt like, but she did her best as she waited for Frost to return from yet another hunting trip.

He had been feeding her like crazy, and she felt as though she had gained at least five pounds in the four days she had been home. There was still an enormous amount of guilt that she felt for getting herself kidnapped, for being drugged, for being stupid. She needed to tell him the full details of what had happened to her, but as she started talking about it, she froze. The very thought process behind her experience prevented her from talking about it. Stardust knew she suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder, among other things, but she wasn't sure if she should make Hailey work harder than she had to.

All she could do was wait for the comforting presence of her mate and best friend, and try not to feel so insecure about her place in the pack.

WALK. "TALK." THOUGHTS "YOU."

The character you are currently reading is Stardust, as indicated by the red border around her pic.
If you would like a thread, just let Bird know via Discord or PM Stardust's profile!

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
06-16-2018, 09:16 PM

He was still a mental and emotional mess ever since he had seen her collapsed and depreciated form at the border. Hailey's words haunted him to no end and his imagination spun wildly each time they came to mind. Someone had been drugging Star, for how long he was unsure. He knew it hadn't been healthy and he wasn't sure how much overall damage she had endured. He felt horribly guilty, for letting her go off on her own that whatever happened happened. She hadn't talked about what happened and he hadn't asked because he was more concerned about getting her better. He knew her mental state hadn't been right when she came back, but he was hoping it was getting better. At least she seemed to fully recognize who he was.

He was headed back from hunting again with another meal within his jaws. She needed to put weight back on and to continue to eat. She needed to get better for her sake and for his sanity. He couldn't stand seeing her in this deteriorated condition. He hated thinking someone was cruel enough to drug another. With a sigh he tried to compose himself as he was getting closer to the willow that hid the den. He didn't want to give away how much he was struggling with because he didn't need her more worried and anxious then she already was.

Picking up his pace he carried the fresh meal to his mate his tail wagging as he grew closer. Passing under the draping leaves of the willow his eyes caught her sitting outside of the den, but still under the tree. Moving over to her he placed the kill in front of her before ever so gently nuzzling her shoulder. Moving around her he settled down beside her, blocking the cool breeze brushing through the tree and letting her time to eat.

"Talk" & 'Think"

Art by Kanvos

Stardust

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Aaliyah
06-18-2018, 05:48 PM
Anxiety was probably the worst of her symptoms, making her paranoid and restless, keeping her awake and listening to all the night sounds. A few other issues came up as well, mostly her worry over Frost's feelings on all of this. Was he mad that she had been stupid enough to be kidnapped and drugged? That she believed a wolf to be friendly when she should have easily seen through the mask? It was maddening, but she remained silent about it, not wanting her mate to be any more stressed than he already was. Paw steps outside alerted her to another, and she moved her head to look hopefully in Frost's direction. She let a smile ghost her face as he lay the freshly caught meal before her and nuzzled into his neck as he did the same to her shoulder. Her stomach growled, but she placed a lick to his forehead as he settled beside her and gave a small grin.

"Thank you, my love. I was beginning to feel a bit peckish." She turned back toward the meal and ate gratefully, finally able to taste the actual meat instead of the bitter tea that she had been fed for months. She groomed more, finding energy in every meal he brought to her. Star knew she would have to open up eventually, so she decided she would do so once she finished eating. Frostbite deserved to know, and she needed to feel safe again. There was hardly a safer place she could think of than Lirim, and she hoped she recovered enough to get back to her duties. She was home, and if anything, the experience had given her a renewed vigor about life. It was time to fully engage and rid herself of her nightmares and stress. Cuddling closer to her mate, Stardust cuts a haunch out for him to share with her. She wouldn't be able to eat all of it just yet, but she was slowly working on it.

WALK. "TALK." THOUGHTS "YOU."

The character you are currently reading is Stardust, as indicated by the red border around her pic.
If you would like a thread, just let Bird know via Discord or PM Stardust's profile!

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
06-24-2018, 07:37 PM

He couldn't help but let a smile cross his black lips as she placed a lick to his head and thanked him for the meal. Despite his mixed emotions he was still extremely happy and grateful that she was home and by his side once more. He had missed her so much that it had been extremely hard on him during her absence. He even had to move out of the den to help himself sleep better at night. She had been always on his mind in the days she was gone and now that she was home it was one less thing to worry over. He didn't want to admit it, but he had been slacking on his duties, being greedy about being at her side. Of course she was still healing and should have someone available if she needed something. He wasn't sure what he would do when she was healed, but that was for later to think about.

He watched her eat noting that she seemed to have a slight better appetite then yesterday. Improvement was relief and happiness to him and hopefully soon she would be back to her self completely. As she cuddled closer he repositioned, wrapping his body around her, something he felt the need to do all the time now. He felt a lot more protective over her now, especially since she had been hurt in her absence. She removed a chunk of meat for him and he smiled gratefully taking it and eating beside her. For a while he ate in silence, enjoying her company and the meal he worked on. He was curious what happened to her, but he didn't want to push to try and find out, and part of him thought he may regret finding out what really happened.

Once he finished his section of meal he gave a content sigh and placed his head upon her shoulders, soaking in her scent.

"You feeling better today?" he quietly asked.

"Talk" & 'Think"

Art by Kanvos

Stardust

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Aaliyah
06-25-2018, 07:34 PM
❥❥There was more to her improved mood than Frost's excellent care, Star was beginning to settle into security once more. She felt it every day as she grew stronger and regained more of herself from the countless doses of poppy tea she had been forced to drink. The woman had never found water sweeter than when she had first opened her eyes and realized she was home and close to her pond once more. The silence while they ate didn't unnerve her, but she did find herself staring off into space as memories threatened to overwhelm her peace. It was so hard to fight the darkness back, but Star was more determined than ever to get back to normal. She didn't enjoy feeling so weak, so...fragile. She wasn't used to it. Frost's voice broke the gentle silence that had taken over for the moment, bringing her out of her mind and into the present.

❥❥ His question didn't surprise her, he had been asking it at least a thousand times a day, but she didn't mind his worry. Stardust was rather glad that her mate loved her enough to see to her care personally, and that he fretted over her condition made her smile rather than snarl. When he spoke, he kept his voice quiet and Star wondered if it was for her and the headaches she often had or if he was afraid of her answer. "You feeling better today?" His rich voice asked her softly. Star responded with a small smile and a gentle nodding, "I am. My muscles hurt and my head is constantly killing me, but I am getting better." She knew he hurt, knowing him for so long, Star knew when he was hiding pain. He was just as much of a mess as she was, and she blamed herself for being naive and trusting of others. How could she help them get better? What would be the best way to heal the passed months of separation?

❥❥ Stardust looked to Frost's handsome face and smiled, "I love you, and I am thankful that you are being so patient with me. Don't worry, I know I am safe. I am only waiting for the memory not to be so raw, and I will tell you everything. I just can't while the pain is fresh." The healing woman looked him over, then buried her face into the thick fur at his neck, making happy growling purrs that made her sound almost like a cat. He worried over what happened to her, she knew he did. She didn't blame him for wanting to know, he would want justice as she did, but she simply couldn't remember everything that had been done to her. What she could remember burned holes into her mind and heart, so she just tried her best not to think about anything other than recovery.

"Soothing voice." Quiet paws. Whispering mind. "Spoken to."
ART & HTML BY BIRD

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
07-05-2018, 09:36 PM

Her reply was better then it had been the other million times he had asked. Each day she was improving and he was extremely grateful that she was getting better. They day she showed back up he was sure he would loose her for good. She had come a long way from that day and he was blessed that she had. He smiled at her, his gaze on her face. He still couldn't believe she was truly here, that after all this time she had made it back. He was convinced he had lost her for good, he had even gone through the full grieving process. No one truly knew what he had gone through, not even Zuriel when he had sought out her help. Somehow he knew there was one wolf who could see straight through everything he had built up to hide his vulnerable side. He knew Star could see right through it all, but he still tried to put on the best face he could.

He knew there would be a moment where he would have to break down and let her know that she was right. Let her know all the pain and hurt he had gone through, but he didn't want to because he didn't want her to blame herself. Maybe it would be when she finally felt she could tell him what had happened, they could wallow in emotions together. He knew it couldn't have been good with the condition she returned in. Deep down, hatred and anger was already growing for whoever had taken her, whoever had kept her drugged. He tried to keep his mind away from it, not wanting to slip into the darkness that threatened to latch onto him. Instead he focused on the emotions of her being with him once more, the happiness that he had.

Her words were reassuring, even though he had already knew she would more then likely tell him when she was ready. He was glad that she would tell him, even if he feared what all she truly went through. Her affection made his heart swell, something it hadn't really done in a while. It felt so good that she was here again, that he could feel her affection and see the sparkle in her eyes. To hear her soft voice. It was all enough to make him so happy. Tipping his head up he gently nibbled at her ear, being gentle since she was still sore. Down to the base of her ear he went gently nibbling at the skin. Softly he chuckled at the sounds she began to make before trying to imitate them. His deep chest made his sound more like bear sounds compared to hers, but heis tone was soft.

"I love you too Star and you have no idea how happy I am that you are back," she said before nuzzling the back of her neck and gently pressing his body into her in affection.

"Talk" & 'Think"

Art by Kanvos