ardent

There's a Snake In My Boot!

Kasdeya

gems
size
build
player
07-01-2018, 07:43 PM
Dust. Dust. Dust...and more dust. Her paws kicked up the dirt as she walked, sending clouds of dust and little pebbles everywhere. Honestly, this whole season had been so dry that she was having very little luck if any, finding herbs. She was irritated, not only at that but the fact that her brother had been gone for so long. She hadn't done much but mope around in the hopes that someone would give her something to do, but she finally decided that she would have to take the reigns on this one. Archon was out bossing around another pack, and how was her nephew doing? They were nearby, weren't they? Pausing in her mindless pacing, she turned and decided she was gonna go on an adventure of her own. Who knew, maybe she'd find some interesting things while she was out there. It would do her good to see what this mortal world had to offer, after all. If it had anything to offer, that is. But first, perhaps she ought to let Malleus know before she went riding off into the sunset. Tilting her head back, she sung for him, inviting him to join her for a little chat.

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
07-14-2018, 12:08 PM
Fall was on its way in and Malleus couldn't have been happier. The land was still dry and dusty, but the heat was waning. Soon enough the rains would come and life would spring up across Auster. Malleus fantasized about the Fall as he sought out Kasdeya. Good things were in store for the Risen Empire. The sooner the heat died down, the sooner he could put his plans into motion.

And there she was. Malleus regarded his aunt curiously. She'd been rather quiet since Amon had left. Perhaps she meant to fix that now. He'd find out, wouldn't he? "Ah, Kasdeya. What can I do for you today?"

"Malleus" - "Pascal"

Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.

Kasdeya

gems
size
build
player
08-19-2018, 12:54 AM
She stopped her pacing when she heard his voice. Ah, so her nephew decided not to take his time? She appreciated that, and it was sweet of him to not keep her waiting. If he had, then she would understand. He was, after all, the alpha. She smiled sweetly as she walked over to him, her head canted slightly. "Ah my dear nephew, glad to see you are doing well. I'm sure the Fallen God has been kind to you, after all, filling my brother's position hasn't been the easiest of tasks, I'm sure." She stopped a few feet from him and sat down, curling her tail around her paws. "I wanted to speak to you about something," Clearing her throat, she continued. "I wanted to go out and check out the other packs. I've gotten a bit of an itch to wander, and perhaps...well...to be honest, I can't help but worry a bit about my brother. I figure I could try and see if I can find any trace of him while I'm at it." She looked at him, wondering what his thoughts were on this. She didn't know how much contact or knowledge he had with the other packs besides Abaven, so she also figured she could kill two birds with one stone. "What do you think? I feel I oughta make myself useful instead of sitting around. I feel like I've reached a sort of...stale point in my life as well...being six years old and all." She wrinkled her nose at that part. She didn't have pups of her own, though at times...she wished she did.

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
08-26-2018, 09:38 PM
He chuckled and shook his head. Yes, the Fallen God had blessed him, but no, the goings hadn't been easy since he's assumed the throne. He felt like he was finally getting into the swing of things. In the beginning he'd felt like a snake about to shed, his skin ill fitting and unsuited to him, but now? Now he was going to make it into his image. He was going to fit it to his ideals and shape it until it fit like a glove.

Kasdeya went on to say that she wished to venture outside the pack, to do some scouting and see if she could learn something about Amon. "I wouldn't worry about him," he said with a soft smile. "Amon is...Amon, you know?"

"But, you have my blessing. Go and see what can be gathered about the mortal packs. Numbers, weaknesses, anything that might be of interest." As for the staleness she felt...he had no real answer for it. Her life was what she made of it and if she wished for more she needed to go out and grab it. He understood that feeling so he couldn't in good conscience stop her.

"If you find that this pursuit suits you, tell me, because the Empire will always be in need of good intelligence."

"Malleus" - "Pascal"

Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.

Kasdeya

gems
size
build
player
09-09-2018, 05:22 PM
She nodded to his response about her dear brother. Still, she couldn't help but worry about him. He had been gone so long now, had his venture back home gone sour? She felt her fur prickle at the thought, but she shoved the idea away. It was no use thinking that Amon had fallen...but then again, he had gone back to where other Gods lived. And they were by no means easier to fight than a simple mortal. "Yes, I'm sure Amon is fine. Who knows, he might even be conquering other lands we don't know about." That was her hope anyway. It was better to think he was doing that then lying dead in a ditch somewhere.

Ears perked and she looked thoughtfully at him as he gave his blessing for her to go out and do what she wanted to do. She didn't know what she'd find, but that was the purpose of this whole venture wasn't it? She nodded to his words, standing then. "Of course, I'll do what I can to gather as much as possible. Sorry to have called you out here just for that, but I wanted to let you know before I went gallivanting off into the sunset and leaving you all wondering where I've disappeared to." She wrinkled her nose at that last part of her sentence. There had been too many disappearances over the past year...Amon, Anamalech, her kids, among many others. "I'll be sure to let you know of anything that I find, you have my word."

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
09-15-2018, 05:07 PM
"Who knows, he might even be conquering other lands we don't know about." Malleus chuckled and dipped his head in agreement. That was true. Knowing his father, it was entirely possible that Amon had taken care of his father, gathered the troops, and then set off in search of a new conquest. He (Malleus) liked to think his father thought the Risen Empire was in good hands and that was why he hadn't felt the need to check in and/or take back the reins.

"No need to apologize," he said firmly. "I appreciate the heads up." Kasdeya struck him as reasonable and level-headed. He trusted she could handle herself tactfully and wisely, and that she'd conduct herself in a manner befitting a godling, so he wasn't worried about sending her out.

"Thank you. And be careful out there. Be smart; don't start any wars," he said jokingly although part of him was serious. With their pack teeming with pups they were in no position to fight. The next couple of seasons were for growing their numbers and training their young. He was going to make a point to bring that up at the next meeting.

"Malleus" - "Pascal"