gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
07-05-2018, 12:54 AM

He was getting accustomed to living in a pack, though he had to admit, it wasn't quite like he thought it would be. Then again, he didn't really know what he was expecting in the first place. He never lived in a pack before, didn't know anything about pack life, but surely he could learn right? He gazed out over the snow, watching as the clouds formed huge clumps over the horizon. It seemed to be raining over the waters and mountains, but would it rain here? The vantage point he had on the ship was incredible, and he could see for miles in nearly every direction. He loved it up here, and he often wished he had found this place sooner.

Turning away from the top of the ship, he decided to make his way down to the snow covered ground. The air was cold and crisp, and when he made it down the deck and out onto the surrounding land, he breathed in. The ground was cold beneath his feet, but it didn't really bother him. The North was a welcome change, even though it got really cold sometimes. But the cabins in the ship were warm enough to keep him from freezing, and he wondered if there was something he could do to make it more warm and cozy. It was a relief, really. Being in a pack now. He was a little hesitant at first, unsure of what to think or say the day that he joined with that girl. But he was glad he did it...all he needed to do now was show that he was worth being here, and hopefully, he'd get to know his pack mates in the process.

Speak

Tracker

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Enrico

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah

Treat 2019
08-13-2018, 10:45 AM
Enrico trotted towards the main pack holding, the ship, with a pair of ptarmigan held firmly by the feet in his mouth. He had intended to drop them off for anyone who was hungry, and to continue out on a patrol around the borders alone, but he caught sight of Cepheus starting down the ramp and changed his mind. He would still drop off the ptarmigan and go on patrol, but he wouldn't be going alone.

He signaled for Cepheus to wait, since he couldn't talk, and bounded up the ramp to leave the birds in a metal box on the deck that he'd been using as cold storage. The metal of the box protected it from marauders without insulating it from the cold that kept the ship locked in its icy prison, and it was easy enough for any of the pack to flip the latch open and open the top to check if there was anything on offer. Humans, he had decided, had been remarkably ingenius. He wondered if there were any way for a wolf to reproduce that sort of work.

He started back down the ramp to join the earthen male back on the ice. "Cepheus, good morning," he greeted, tilting his head to the pack member. "Would you join me on patrol, if you are not busy?" He needed to take the time to get to know each of the new pack's wolves individually, and make sure they were all contributing as they needed to. This would be a good way of doing both for this wolf who he knew nothing about.

Cepheus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
09-08-2018, 07:03 PM

He wasn't on frozen ground for long before he caught sight of Enrico approaching with some birds in his mouth. He waited as instructed while Enrico finished taking care of his business. Cepheus decided then, that perhaps joining a pack was one of his better ideas. He had been a loner since he was born, and without his parents there, life had been hard. He had steeled himself against a lot, even to the point where he was pretty stoic. He didn't fall to pieces when something bad happened to someone else, and it was something he learned during his time alone. Even from a young age, he had seen other loners get killed by other wolves or bears or even dying from their own injuries after a shared hunt. While he didn't particularly wish to die in those same manners, he also wasn't afraid if death ever came to knock at his door.

He heard foot steps coming, so he turned his attention towards Enrico as he stepped off the ship towards him. "Good morning to you as well, Enrico." It was...strange. Greeting someone else like that. But such things would be common now that he lived among others, right? The idea seemed...okay with him. Ears shifted forward as Enrico asked about joining him on patrol, and Cepheus nodded eagerly. "Of course, it would be a good experience I think." Indeed it would be. He could learn how to properly secure Niente's borders. So he was glad when he was asked. He wondered though...would Enrico laugh at him if he knew that he didn't know anything about pack life? That slight worry poked at his mind, so he decided not to mention that he in fact, didn't know anything about properly securing the borders. Let alone much else...but he would figure it out through observation.

Speak

Tracker

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Enrico

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah

Treat 2019
10-06-2018, 11:34 AM
Cepheus waited until Enrico joined him again, and seemed eager at the prospect of joining him on patrol. Good - Enrico really should be fostering that sort of enthusiasm in his wolves, and rewarding it. He nodded his head courteously, then set off at a reasonable pace for the shore side of the pack. "I spend most of my time marking and patrolling this side of the territory," he said aloud as he did. He didn't know how knowledgeable the younger man was, and would certainly need to test his skills and knowledge at a later date, but for now he would just get to know him, and slip what teaching in he could in a casual manner, for now, so that he wouldn't offend Cepheus by assuming he knew nothing. "Trouble is more likely to come this way, of course, but I don't have the pack boundaries pushed back as far as the ice goes out to sea. It is too changeable, and I don't want to risk lives trying to protect ice that is too thin to be safely traversed anyway, so I keep the boundary markers back to where I know the ice will always be safe. That means that there is going to be more ice past our boundaries in winter, and make it easier for a raiding party to slip around that direction, though, so we will need to keep our eyes open there as well."

Cepheus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
10-06-2018, 12:30 PM
He waited a moment as Enrico led the way to where they would begin. ""I spend most of my time marking and patrolling this side of the territory," Cepheus tilted his head just a bit as he moved to follow his alpha, the brown male keeping pace and matching Enrico step for step. Enrico explained why he started on this side, and when he was done with his explanation Cepheus nodded. It made sense to him. He was curious about potential raiders though, would they risk themselves on the ice in an attempt to attack from there? It was possible. Then again Cepheus had never been part of a raiding party, nor had he been raided. Of course, he imagined raiders didn't care about loners. "I must admit, I don't have much experience with raiders...would they really risk their safety to try and gain some ground?" Probably a stupid question, but he was genuinely curious about it. Light blue gaze peered towards the shoreline, body involuntarily shuddering slightly at the thought of falling through the thin ice. It wouldn't be good for anyone to fall through and into the freezing water beneath...

Text speech Thought

Tracker

Enrico

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah

Treat 2019
10-15-2018, 07:39 AM
The younger male had clearly been listening to his words, rather than just tuning them out as rambling, because as they moved along the border he spoke up with a question regarding it. Enrico inclined his head, a faint smile playing about his muzzle. "Perhaps not in the summer, when the ice is thin and dangerous even far from the edges. But even in winter, who would expect an attack to come from that direction? A pack might not be prepared for that particular scenario. They could quite likely be in and out before the pack ever realized that they'd been there. So would raiders be willing to skirt that border?" He glanced out towards the border, his gaze thoughtful. "If I were raiding this pack, I would."