size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Treat 2019
08-12-2018, 07:25 PM
Apollo had made his way north after the debacle involving the Eclipse pack - no, Razi had changed the name when she took over. Aurum. After the Abraxas had rescued who they could after the flood took the canyon and taken them back to the Risen Empire's lands to recover, he had set off over the land bridge into Boreas to see what the state of the world outside the Empire had fallen into. He was beginning to think that sometimes the Abraxas as a whole had a tendency to get... lulled into a false sense of security if they remained too long with their family members. It was easy to forget the outside world if everyone around you believed in the Abraxas superiority, if everyone had complete confidence that they would succeed in their quest. There was not enough conflict to keep them focused and working hard. Even he, clearly, was susceptible. So he left the rehabilitating pack and set off on an extended reconnoiter.

He was on his way to scout the pack that they called Lirim - one of the few packs they had little information about. Another pack lay in the west as well but he had mistakenly bypassed it on his way north and would have to backtrack to find it. His ears had perked up at the rumors of two fairly new packs as well, one in the north and one in the east, that he needed to investigate the validity of. Perhaps he should have asked Malleus what they already knew of the northern continent's packs before he left, because surely Archon would have sent information about the packs in his region. For that matter, it wouldn't do any harm to stop at Abaven for a rest and casual observation before he started back to Auster to report either.

Even godlings needed to eat, however, so he had stopped here to rest his tired body and replenish his stores before his scouting run at the Lirim pack. All pack reconnoiters have an element of danger to them, and he'd prefer to face that without the handicap of being tired and hungry. To that end he had ambushed a late elk calf whose mother had left it hiding in the brush, and he was methodically working his way through the hide while he planned for the mission ahead of him.

Sindre

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
08-12-2018, 09:40 PM

Sindre was at a loss. On a whim she'd gone west in search of her brother. She'd met him once down that way and from that encounter she'd learned he was part of a pack. While she hadn't learned much more than that it hadn't taken much effort to figure out where Celestial was. The west wasn't exactly a hoppin' place. Her efforts had been in vain, though. She'd arrived at the pack' border only to find that Domari's scent was nowhere to be found.

Now, disappointed and without connections to the west, she was headed back up north. The snow suited her. While she doubted she'd make her home there it would be nice to stay in the mountains for awhile. Perhaps find a good hot spring near that volcano.

Her stomach growled as the scent of blood came to her on the breeze. Curiously she began to follow it. As a lone wolf she scavenged when she could so hopefully the scent belonged to something ill guarded or abandoned.

Sindre rounded an outcropping and was disappointed to find a pale wolf hunched over a dead elk calf. Her spirits were renewed, however upon realizing the stranger was male. There was no way he could eat it all. Perhaps a little charm would convince him to share. "Nice catch," she ventured, testing the water gently. If he was snappy she would be off like a shot, but if he seemed open she'd lay the charm on thick.

"Talk" "You" Think

Apollo

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Treat 2019
08-19-2018, 07:48 AM
The sound of cautious pawsteps brought his attention up from the carcass to see a pretty earthen-and-cream female edging warily forward to speak. He straightened to his full height to look down on her in a quick, calculated observation. A mortal, that was all, though he thought he saw a hint of a crafty gleam in her mismatched eyes. Orange and blue... fire and ice. Perhaps she was not so simple a creature as to gain the moniker 'mortal' but he certainly didn't believe she was a spirit as many of his relatives were prone to. Many wolves had mismatched eyes, hers were no different simply because they were more intriguingly colored. Hm.

He angled his head towards her in a nod of acknowledgement. "It is a calf, hardly a challenge when you merely need stumble over it. But I thank you for your compliment nonetheless." Then, because she was rather pretty in her way though he told himself it was merely polite to offer, "Would you care to join me? There is more here than even I can eat alone."

Sindre

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
08-30-2018, 07:32 PM

His gaze was sharp and calculating as it swept over her, and the way he seemed to make a point to look down at her suggested he thought himself superior for some reason. In this instance that was alright with Sindre. He was a means to an end; the gatekeeper to her next meal. For the sake of it she could - would - tolerate quite a lot. Her patience was by no means inexhaustible, but for a meal that required no real effort she could be positively saintly.

"Perhaps not the calf itself," she offered, "but the mother who returns to find a wolf feasting on her baby, certainly." It was impossible to say what a mother elk might do in that situation. The wise might cut their losses and run lest they too fall victim. But the foolish or those turned fearless by their grief... "So there is a risk in taking a calf alone. No one to watch your back while you eat. One set of ears, one set of eyes..." She shrugged. It wasn't some big impressive feat so she didn't have a whole lot to work with which was why she'd left her statement open. Perhaps he'd think she thought him brave for fearlessly accepting the risk.

In response to his offer Sindre dipped her head in thanks and then followed the gesture up with a demure smile for good measure. "Indeed I would, thank you." She wasn't sure what kind of wolf she was dealing with just yet, but if he did think himself superior a little politeness on her part might help her cause.

"Talk" "You" Think

Apollo

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Treat 2019
10-06-2018, 06:12 PM
Although Apollo was as susceptible to a good ego-stroking as anyone, he was simply puzzled by her insistence on praising his kill. Perhaps she was simply not a good hunter... but her lithe and lovely figure suggested otherwise. He blinked away that odd observation to focus, though his gaze seemed to want to linger on hers. Ah - was she concerned for his safety if the elk cow returned? He was oddly flattered by the thought, though perhaps she was as concerned about her own safety in that event. "You needn't worry," he rumbled earnestly. "If she returns I will protect you. I would not allow any harm to come to you from sharing a meal with me." He allowed a faint smile to curve his muzzle, an expression that didn't come naturally to the serious male and felt odd and yet... right, to smile at the pretty young thing. "It would be absolutely unbearably rude of me."

He bent his head to the kill, but kept his golden eyes curiously on her. "If I may be so bold," he spoke again, rather than tear into the calf once more, "might I ask the name of the lady who is so kind as to keep me company in my meal?"