size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
09-23-2018, 04:33 PM

Shaye had always wanted to protect her sister. Not that she needed someone defending her. The smaller wolf was all compressed determination, ready to be unleashed upon the world. Still, she was Vail's older sister, and that made the white wolf her responsibility. She would have followed Vail to the ends of the earth, she loved her brave, exasperated and prickly sister with every bit of heart she possessed. Taking off into the mountains was a call she would make time and time again, to save the last visage of her sister sight, and to save her life.

Still, she felt a tingle of anxiety down to the very base of her paws as they took the journey home - a much slower journey then the one they have taken to the mountain so many years ago. What would home look like now? Would there still be a home for the two wayward daughters? "Do you think...?" She cut herself off before the thought could bloom any further. She doubted it mattered, her sister was as keen as a soothsayer at seeing what went unsaid. Must be the blindness, or natural initiation. Whatever made her so, Shaye couldn't shelf the anxiety her sister would likely hear, and the unspoken words. Did their parents still live?

The sickness that had plagued Vail’s eyes had made for a terrible time for both the girls. Hearing that there might be someone, anyone, who had encountered it before and could heal it, had been a blessing. She would have taken any risk for her sister, and the choice to make this had been an easy one, even if her gut had been riddled with fear. Both for the journey, and for what they left behind.

A friend, Lillianna, who had been by her side for as long as she could remember. She had found Lillianna’s feather, and one for Arcus, the two wolves that had meant the most to her outside of family. No, the two wolves she had chosen as family, on top of the family that fate had chosen for her. She had tried, tried so hard not to think about Acrus and Lillianna in the years she had been gone, but it all came flooding back to her now. Motif, Shai, Bass, Rhythm, Lillianna and Acrus. Those were the wolves in her heart today.

They had made their way to the island where Motif and Shai had moved to when their father had begun to get sick, the fresh air off the ocean had seemed to do him well. They found a cave that had some importance to Vail, and she had heard part of the reunion when Solor found his way to her sister's arms. Knowing Vail was safe for the moment, Shaye left marking outside the cave that would let her sisters know where she went.

Free from sisterly obligations for the moment, and heart in her throat, Shaye made the long journey to Abaven, not know what she would find there. She sat at the borders to the pack she had been born to, raised in. tTe pack her uncle had owned, and her mother had thrived in. She sat on the rogue side of the line, the side of outsiders and strangers. She raised her head, tears in her eyes, as she called out to the pack that had once been her own.

"Talk" "You" Think

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Archon

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
09-24-2018, 09:21 AM
There was another call. Somehow, the borders of the pack were always more active than the inside. It tired Archon and he had come to think that this place was a godless sink for energy. The very life force of its members sucked out the moment they stepped foot into the lands. He could see how Sparrow had become the lethargic, languid wolf he had come to know.

Archon made his way to the call, stopping to regard the stranger politely. He had no recognition of the wolf who used to call this pack home. It had happened far before his time. Archon could, however, see her timid demeanor. There was a palpable anxiousness about her. Archon waited a moment to see if it would pass before he drew closer.

After a few minutes, Archon padded near the borders.

"I am Archon Abraxas, the overseer of Abaven. Is there something you seek?"

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-24-2018, 03:43 PM

There would be no greeting of family for the Destruction. A stranger, who scented of exotic things and places she didn’t know, would appear before her. Blue eyes would gaze into teal, and the wolf would stand slightly taller than the darker girl. Not many towered over the giant woman, but indeed, she had to look upwards to meet the gaze of this stranger.

“This pack once belonged to my Uncle. I am a Destruction, and I came here seeking my family. I do not understand. Overseer? This wasn’t a rank that existed back in my childhood.” she felt uneasy, but she didn’t show it. She had been through a lot lately. She was certain her parents were dead, and she had come here in search of something familiar, something she could hold onto. To see family that she knew had to be here still. Instead, she was greeted with a stranger, and found herself with more questions than answers. Who was this strange, exotic-coated male. Where was Bass, her Uncle, his children, her cousins.

Some part of her, some little, whispering, traitorous part of her soul had hoped and begged that she would find her mother and father, returned to the pack of their family. Her heart in her paws, she stood tall, back straight. She would not let a stranger see her breaking heart.

"Talk" "You" Think

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Archon

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
09-24-2018, 06:29 PM
The girl seemed wary and stiff, but she explained herself. Archon remembered what Nura said about scaring away potential pack members, but at this point he wasn't too worried. He watched the girl, unflinching and almost coldly as she described her plight. She too was a Destruction. Her uncle ran the pack. All of that.

Archon debated what he should do for a moment. The girl obviously had a lot of life in her. Life that Abaven could use. But if she were anything like her family, then once she stepped foot inside the borders, that light would die out and her personality would pale and fade.

Archon licked over his maw, attempting to wash away any amount of pity he was about to feel.

"Whatever you remember of Abaven is no more," he said with a stern harshness. "I have never known another man to rule this pack. This uncle you speak of is long gone."

He didn't mention the other Destructions yet, nor did he deny their presence. He waited to see how the woman would react. She asked about his position.

"I am the supreme ruler of Abaven, given this opportunity by God to watch mortals. Here, they have fallen under my watch obediently as God intended. This is the fate of Abaven now."

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-24-2018, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2018, 06:56 PM by Shaye I.)

The man's teal eyes, well fascinating, and set in a patterned face, were cold as he regarded her, so strange and different to the greeting she would have received if the pack she remembered had still lived. If Bass had answered the call, no doubt she would have received a scolding, a hug, and a welcome back into the fold
I will not cry, I will not cry

She steeled herself, watching as the man’s tongue ran across his maw, taking a moment before he answered. She already knew she wasn’t going to like what he had to say. There was no scent of Bass on the borders, and this stranger was no family to her.

“I have long memories of Abaven, and I knew I might be coming back to nothing - ye here it is, still Abaven stands. I don’t know the story of how it lead to this, but your here, holding this pack together.” was that what he was doing? She wasn’t sure, and she looked up into his eyes, looking for some flicker of compassion, some suggestion that might mean he was good for the pack she loved. “And for that, i’m grateful, even through I do not know you. You are supreme leader here, and I respect that - but I would like to know if its possible to get permission to walk down memory lane, to look through the dens my family once owned, and to speak to any family that might still remain. Would that be possible, Messenger of the Fallen God?”
She would ask him politely.

"Talk" "You" Think