size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
09-25-2018, 02:00 PM

Shaye suddenly had the weight of responsibilities on her shoulders. She had a pack to look after, and because of this she knew she had to expand her knowledge by any means necessary. She was loath to leave the pack, still in the budding stages of its life, with so much growth and potential yet to be seen.
She had no choice.
If she didn’t learnt to fight, then she could not protect the pack she loved.

The early morning hours would find her entering the dusty landscape of the battlefield. Her mother had spent long hours and many days in this very land, honing her skills. She had fought for her brother and the pack Shaye now controlled. Her mother wasn't here to teach her, leaving Shaye to gather the knowledge she required in any way she could.

She prowled the field for a moment considering her options, and coming up empty handed. She was too new to this land, she knew too little and needed too much. She had to call for a stranger. She did so, tilting her head skyward, the large wolf would call out across the morning sky. She was seeking a wolf for a friendly match, nothing more.

"Talk" "You" Think

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Gwenevere

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Tealah

The Ooze Participant
10-08-2018, 06:42 PM
Gwen found herself in the battlefield that day without any plans to spar, so she hadn't brought anyone from the pack to act as a witness. She had just been walking without any particular goal, and had wound up here. It seemed fitting, actually, considering the increasingly dark and worried turn her thinking had been taking lately. The Abraxas were a threat, possibly a major one, but Aurielle had been so distant since she'd taken over the pack. Gwen was doing her job and would continue to do it to the best of her ability, but the fact was that she was getting quite old, and doing this amount of work sustained for as long as she was doing it, on top of raising her pups, was beginning to take its toll on her health. Aurielle needed to step up, and fast, or she was going to find herself with the pack squarely on her own shoulders without any help or any experience after Gwen died. Which at this rate was going to happen sooner rather than later, Gwen admitted to herself wryly. She could rest assured that her children would carry on the family name, though. The Adravendi bloodline would not die with her.

Her head came up when a howl caught her attention. She hadn't planned on a fight, but she was well aware of the need to keep her body in as good of condition as she could, so she meandered that way. She studied the caller as she approached. A younger woman, one who didn't hold herself in an obviously warlike manner. Gwen gave her a friendly smile. "Hello," she said simply. "My name is Gwenevere Adravendi."

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

10-08-2018, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2018, 06:50 PM by Shaye I.)
A short wolf of light tones would answer her call. Brightness in the blues of her eyes that spoke of a friendly nature. Shaye perked up immediately, offering the other woman a smile. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Gwenevere - do people shorten that to Gwen?” she asked politely, rising to her paws. “I’m Shaye Destruction.”

“I fear i’m very rusty-” she had once had a training spar with a yellow wolf called Voltage. It was one of the few fighting experiences she could consider. Had it really been so long ago, so little? “But i’m eager to dust off the years and get in some matches” she would explain to the stranger. “Do you have much experience in the art of fighting? Really, I would appreciate some pointers, and I would be more than happy to catch you a meal after in thanks” she offered in the spirit of exchange and working together.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Gwenevere

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Tealah

The Ooze Participant
10-08-2018, 07:10 PM
Gwen's ears pricked up in interest at the woman's name. "Shaye Destruction?" she inquired curiously. "Of the Abaven Destructions?" Abaven had long been Celestial's ally, from what she'd picked up from Aurielle and Regulus, though there had been no contact with them for some time now. She'd thought to gently nudge Aurielle towards making contact with her father's allies, or to go make contact herself though she didn't want to overstep her bounds. The woman's name made her think maybe it would be a good idea to make those rounds after all, instead of waiting for Aurielle to feel comfortable enough to go herself. "Yes, Gwen is fine. I've been a warrior for most of my life, so I'd be very willing to give you a leg up in getting back on the path. There's no need for payment, though, I'll be getting as much out of the practice as you."

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

10-08-2018, 07:15 PM
Ah! Apparently her name held meaning to this wolf, the name of her pack falling from the other womans lips. There was a tinge of pride in Shaye’s eye, even knowing that it was Bass’s legacy that Gwen would know, not what Shaye had begun to build. Then, a tinge of sadness, Gwen knew of the pack, but how much of it? Did she know that Sparrow had been Alpha, did she know of Sparrow’s death? It was still a fresh wound in Shaye’s heart, to find her cousin and lose her so suddenly.

“That’s correct, perhaps I can catch you up on the news of Abaven after this” she offered, not willing to deliver bad news and explain it all in a rush before the match.
“Thank you, I appreciate that. Guess I got lucky that you came along.” Shaye complimented her with a grin, shaking off the melancholy of the past “Alright, ready when you are.” she encouraged.