Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
07-12-2014, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2014, 08:54 AM by Katja the First.)
It is the Finnvi family tradition to have a bl?t, a festival celebrating and giving sacrifice to the gods, every year on the first full moon of the summer. In fine Finnvi tradition this generally consisted of feasting, drugs, and debauchery, but Katja is rather more straight-laced than the rest of her family and never really approved much of their shenanigans.

Anyway, this year Katja intends to honor the gods - and the Xanilovs - in her own way. Rather than one short night filled with vice, she is planning a much longer festival with much less vice and much more fellowship. As Raisa had wished for her harvest festival, Katja will invite all the wolves of Ala to join under a banner of peace to participate in feasting, competition, and friendship in a celebration that will finally culminate on the first of summer in a special surprise and a birth month celebration for the Xanilov pups. There might be cake. And if any wolf breaks the peace pact they are banned from all events and lands of the festival, and they won't get cake.

So what I'm wondering right now is who would be interested in participating and in what? Throw out any ideas you might be interested in, they may or may not happen but I will do my best to thing of ways to incorporate it. Things like friendly spars, foot races, idk trivial pursuit or something. The festival would be starting pretty soon and will be wrapping up before most schools start I think, so keep that in mind as well. So! Interested? And what to do!

Warja

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
07-12-2014, 06:05 PM
Spars! Spars are always a good idea. Maybe make a contest of it? Pit the packs (rogues too) against each other and see which one wins the most spars?

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
07-12-2014, 06:28 PM
Bass is all for this! He will gladly help in the festival by Abaven helping catch prey for the feast if Katja wishes. Also, I think it would be cute to include the pups too, maybe like a treasure hunt or something? Like... all the pups could post in one thread, searching for something, and then one of the Alpha's can edit the post and put 'You found : Pinecone" Or something like that. So they need to 'attempt' to find things much like in spars. Maybe the alpha's come up with a list of things that all the pups need to fine, and they each have their little circle to bring things back into? Like a literal circle drawn in the ground.

As for spars, maybe just practice ones with no serious injuries. Just, mock blows? I dunno.

Uh... -thinks- Maybe even lessons? Like one fighter can make a topic, and then demonstrate to anyone to posts showing up? Same for healers, hunters, fishers, stuff like that? Like booths almost?

Sibelle

gems
size
build
player
07-12-2014, 06:38 PM
OH! OH! OH! Chryseis!! She might participate! But only if she finds out that Ebony/Katja doesn't like Olympus if thats still a thing.

Serra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-12-2014, 06:42 PM
senka is totally there~ also any of my wolves that have even the slightest excuse are totally there woo

i love the idea of a treasure hunt honestly that's just super adorable omg

i dunno i don't really have any good ideas to suggest but i'll edit this if i think of anything

Ullr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-13-2014, 09:52 AM
Love the idea! And heck yes to a little sparring tournament! We can ask the staff about how races and that type of thing might be determined.

Tahlia

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Anais
07-13-2014, 10:17 AM
Oooh, if there's a fishing lesson, Tahlia is totally there. c: And Anais is game to lead any pup games, if someone is needed for that. Callisto might just sit and listen to any healer things, but she'll be involved in her own way too.

Xae

gems
size
build
player
07-19-2014, 03:15 PM
Pfft. Pretty sure all my charries will be there. So Drago(Ignazio), Xae, and Sri Simin. And hopefullllyyyy! I'll have Nikko paid for and he'll show up, too!

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
07-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Well folks, the festival has begun! Once people start to trickle in I'll set up a couple round-robin tourneys for sparring (short spars, two rounds each, and then the winner moves up to the next bracket and so on) and for racing (several races consisting of two or three runners depending on interest, with names put through a randomizer and the winner moves to the next bracket). The spars will be skill, the races will be luck, and the top in each category will receive an IC and an OOC prize if I can manage it. There will also be children's games if the various packs want to bring their pups. If there are enough pups I'll do organized games with prizes but if not we'll just play tag and red rover. :D There's also the feasting and socializing and if anyone else wants to lead intra-pack lessons and such feel free! Just don't post in any Ebony land except Firefly Lake or Katja will have a problem with it.

Festival is found HERE!