size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
10-17-2018, 04:08 PM
Rhythm shifted her small frame in the darkness of her den, the cold ground beneath her a welcome relief to the heat of the summer. Valentine had dug out and refurbished the den she had called home when the lands were still under Imperium control. The gift had been incredibly thoughtful and helped the old she wolf back into a semblance of normalcy.

While she had attempted to return to life unhindered the wounds of her imprisonment were slower to heal. Especially those that were invisible.

She learned to live without her sight, that had been taken from her the day she had been captured. Learning to trust and love again was proving harder. Valentine did his best to hide the turmoil he felt from her, but it lingered in her own heart no matter how good he was. Her mind continued to revisit the memories of her slave-born children.

Unlike Rhys and Rhyme they couldn't have been born further from love. They had been forced upon her, and since their birth she felt continuously conflicted. She wanted to love them, and she had to the best of her ability but their confined state had stifled her to say the least. They hadn't followed them here and it broke her heart knowing her offspring remained.

She sighed heavily as their memory hung over her, and she forced herself to her feet. The sun would surely do her some good. With much effort Rhythm emerged from beneath her boulder, and like she had a thousand times the she wolf sprang up to her perch looming out over the knolls. She couldn't see them anymore, but she knew them.

The mud pit just at the bottom of the hill, the prairie dog family that lived just out of sight of her den, and the ever present bison grazing under the sun. She longed to return to days gone by, and the simple thought darkened her composure. The light was gone. Rhythm felt the depression pulling at her limbs despite the warmth of the sun on her coat. Would she feel different now if she hadn't been a slave all those years? The question would echo in her mind as she tried to warm herself of the cold that gripped her.

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
10-22-2018, 05:08 PM
Rhyme had told her where Rhythm could be found, that she was in the den she had once called home in territory once owned by Valentine. Shaye knew the way, she had made the trek often to Rhythm’s den, to learn healing from the older wolf, or to simply sit by her side and chat about the world.

Valentine had once given her an open invitation to enter the lands to visit her Aunt, but still it felt weird, to approach what had once been the start of the pack borders and to find nothing there. She continued on with a touch of trepidation, making her way over land that had once been familiar to her, and was now much changed. The scents where the most obvious thing gone, but also parts of the land had grown differently, without the constant tread of paws wearing them down.

There was a wildness to the land that hadn’t been here before, and she found her gaze snaking back and forth as she took it all in. her pace her had been quick, but it slowed now that she almost to the den. What would she find changed in her Auntie? The woman who had been as stout and supporting as the sun was present in the day.

But she wouldn’t linger for long, a touch of her younger self rising up inside of her as she caught a glimpse of brown on the boulder over her den. Then she was flying across the ground, and skidding to a halt beside Rhythm, her breath quick in her throat as she took in Rhythm. She might never see her mother again, but Rhythm was still here. Rhythm was always here, when nothing else in her world was the same. She blinked back tears, lowering her head and digging it into her Aunties coat without a word, breathing in the scent of her, and trying not to let her past overwhelm her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
10-23-2018, 01:42 PM
Rhythm heaved a heavy sigh as a gust of wind rolled over the knolls towards her. For a moment she would remain in the same position, but a scent on the wind made her sit up. Her ears pushed forward and her nose was pushed into the breeze. Shaye. As soon as the word entered her mind her niece was there, burying her face into Rhythms once soft coat. She choked back a sob as she did the same, breathing in the girl's scent.

She was an alpha now, and that fact made Rhythm proud. With her niece next to her the cold of regret seemed to lessen and ebb. Her smile was unmistakable as she nuzzled the sweet girl. She knew not what befell her sister, Motif, but having Shaye seemed to wash much of her anxieties away.

"Shaye, I'm so glad you're here." she whispered into the younger Destruction's coat. "I'm so proud of you, too." she couldn't help but mention as she pushed into Shaye's form.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

10-23-2018, 04:20 PM
Rhythm closed her into her arms, quick to respond to the hug, and she felt the cold touch of her aunties nose against her fur. She let the comfort of being hugged wash over her, let herself enjoy the moment, the familiarity of it. Of course, things already weren’t the same. She choked back a laugh, the ten inches she held over Rhythm where was more pronounced now that she was a fully grown adult, and she had to hunch over to bury herself into the other womans coat.

“I’m just so glad your here” she whispered to the woman she considered a second mum. She remembered, back when Rhythm was pregnant, that she had insisted her Aunties little kids would be called brother and sister to her. She had argued it adamantly until Rhythm had agreed. Now they were grown in their own right, and Rhyme was a part of her pack. She was relearning who her cousin was, learning to lean on him as once she had leaned on her mother and Rhythm. Look at that? Rhythm and unknowingly given her an incredible gift in her child.

“She’s gone, Rhy. I’m starting to feel it, in my heart, that I won’t ever see her again.” she had been unable to admit it, holding out hope when even Vail knew she was gone. She just couldn’t speak these words out loud to her sister, but it was different with Rhythm.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
10-24-2018, 04:49 PM
Rhythm sighed into Shaye's much larger form, the girl had taken much from her father's side of the family. Much like her own children gained their impressive size from their father. Shaye's words were sudden, but not completely misunderstood. Motif was gone. Rhythm felt the deep sadness of longing for days gone by return. She was never able to tell her sister goodbye, the one she was always able to count on. Rhythm felt the years spill faster from her eyes, mourning Motif the most out of her siblings. They were old, and at that point she had little doubt that she was the very last of her litter.

"I'm sorry I haven't been here. I'm sorry, so sorry." she wept as she pushed into Shaye's fur. She hadn't realized how much she had needed to cry. Sadness was grounds for punishment in the slaver pack, and she had been unable to mourn her lost life, the babes taken from her breast, or the atrocities forced upon her. Now she did though, Shaye was allowing her to finally let go.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

10-30-2018, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2018, 05:59 PM by Shaye I.)

Not knowing the dark thoughts of her Auntie, Shaye would just hang onto her arms, and for a moment pretend that she was a child again. That she didn’t have responsibilities, people that relied on her, like a younger siblings, and wolves in a pack. She was just.. Shaye and Rhythm was here.
She let herself weep, and felt Rhythm’s tears in her coat in turn, as the two woman clung to each other, and mourned the shared loss of family.

When her tears ran dry, and Rhythm’s fur in front of her felt damp, she pulled back a little, not enough to let go, just enough to look at her Auntie more clearly. She laughed, her tears turning to laughter, with a hint of sob in their flavour. “I’m so glad your back. You where the Hero of my youth. You know that, right?” she asked softly. She never thought she would get the chance to speak to Rhythm again, now that she did, she knew the importance of getting out the words in her heart.

"Speech"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-04-2018, 06:44 PM
If Rhythm could have one wish it would be to turn back the clock, even a few years. She would gladly keep her disability to be young again, but those days were long gone. Arthritis creeped into her bones, her sight was long gone, and her fur was turning silver. Her children were grown, even the ones born from the slavers that kept her captive. She had wondered for a time if any that remained had made families of their own, but as far as she had heard that was not the case.

She let herself cry on Shaye's shoulder, so reminiscent of her lost sister. She even smelled similar to Motif. Now the girl ruled Abaven like her uncle before her. She wondered what might have happened to Bass, but as far as she knew he had been gone for years as well. They grieved together for longer than she knew when Shaye finally lifted her features from her shoulder. So similar to how they sat together when Shaye was a young pup. Before Rhys and Rhyme even existed.

Shaye's words didn't surprise her, but she hadn't expected them at that moment. "I always had a feeling." she managed to smile through the last of her tears. "Your mother was amazing though, my rock when I thought my world was crumbling." as though it happened yesterday she remembered when the skull-capped wolf had fought Bass to take her from the pack she called home and placed her in Valentine's waiting arms. "I hope I've made you proud."

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

11-06-2018, 05:53 PM
The familiar support of her Auntie was all she could have asked for in that moment. She just wanted to stay there with her, for as long as she could. Rhythm had been her mentor, and it was so easy to fall back into the motions of looking up to the older wolf. Of course, as she did so now, she realised that the memories had almost blinded her to how she looked now. There was an age to her, a weakness in her limbs. Her grip was not as tight as it use to be, and her eyes were shrouded over, even worse then Vail’s had always been.

“Oh Auntie.” she whispered softly, that growing-familiar anger rising up inside of her at the injustice she was witnessing. How dare they abuse this woman she loved so dearly, how dare they wear her thin, when she should have been enjoying a comfortable retirement, surrounded by family.

She grabbed control of the anger before it could go any further, taking a deep breath. The mention of her mother certainly helped to put a damper on her sharpened emotion. Her mother, a woman she had loved and fought, battered heads with and laughed with. She was gone. She was gone - but Rhythm was not. “Auntie. Please, won’t you come to live in Abaven with me? Live surrounded by pack and comfort, let me look after you, like once you looked after me.” Shaye whispered. She had decided not to live with them in her middle years, but perhaps now, as she grew old, she would want to return to the pack she had spent so much of her life.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-07-2018, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2018, 10:55 AM by Rhythm.)

Rhythm had mostly recovered from the abuses given to her over the years of her enslavement, though she would never see again and old age could never be reversed. She hated that she was not the strong wolf she once was for her niece, their roles were reversing. Rhythm would have to look up to Shaye more and more as time slowly took its toll. Shaye would never deny that Rhythm had made her proud, and she was content with the knowledge. Though if she had known Shaye’s thoughts of revenge she would have done her best to soothe her. As it was Rhythm offered a few sweet kisses to her niece’s cheek.

Rhythm grew quiet as Shaye practically begged her to return to Abaven with her. The thought made her sad, that even all these years later she was still torn between the two territories. She sighed softly, hating what she was about to say. "I can’t right now, Shaye." She truly regretted the words as she whispered to her niece. "My place is with Valentine, and he would never join Abaven." She found an amused giggle well up in her throat, but it was still plagued with the regret of telling Shaye no. "He’s a stubborn old man, but I committed myself to him a long time ago. If he.." She found these words even more difficult, "Is ever unable to take care of me." If he dies before I do. "Then I will be in Abaven to live out the rest of my days. I’m sorry Shaye. You know how proud of you I am for taking up that mantle." Shefelt tears streaming down her cheeks, pain blossomed in her breast at denying the she wolf she loved.

""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

11-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Of course. Of course rhythm couldn't move to Abaven, she should have known that and stopped herself from asking. For a moment, she was a pup again, confused at how her mentor and role model could decide to leave Abaven - leave her, for a gruff old man who had no love for their family. She took a breath, a wince of air between her teeth. She wasnt a child anymore. If there was any lesson she had learned, it was that life had many paths, and there where some you had to walk alone. She and Rhythm had walked together once before, a very long time again, and apparently that had been the end of their shared destination. She wished she had known it at the time, and enjoyed it a little more well she had it.

She drew herself up, adult and Alpha both. She would respect her Aunts decision. She had to. "Alright, Rhythm." She breathed softly, a slight separation of emotion and attachment in her tone. "But know that I love you, and I will always be here for you." She promised her family member. The last remnant of the adults of her childhood. She hid her sigh. She was the adult now, authority had become her mantel and burden.

She let a slight smile touch her lips, admitting with that motion that idea of Valentine ever agreeing to move to Abaven was an amusing one. Still... "if you ever change your mind, know your welcome. You and the grumpy old man both." She said it so Rhythm would always know it, but also to lighten the mood a little.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-09-2018, 07:21 PM
Rhythm hated denying her sweet niece what she asked so sincerely, but she belonged with Valentine. She couldn't imagine the old man settling in the pack her brother had formed. He would miss his tractor too much to ever consider the offer. She chuckled at the thought internally, trying to cheer herself up slightly. Maybe one day she would return to live in Abaven, though the circumstances surrounding such a move were hard to think about. She had been without Valentine for so long, her bones had ached for him. 

Shaye was an adult now though, she could handle the harsh realities Rhythm has to offer. However difficult they were to deliver. Rhythm tried to smile, but denying Shaye hurt, and it was obvious in both of them. "I'm sorry, Shaye. I love you too, and I'll be here if you need me." She wished she could say she would always be here for her, but time stopped for no one and she would not be here forever. 

She chuckled softly at Shaye's last words. "Thank you Shaye, I will remember your offer and pass it along to my grumpy old man."

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

11-17-2018, 08:06 PM
“Thank you, Auntie” Shaye murmured softly, determined not to let this thing between them to ever mean anything more than it was. Rhyhtm could not live in Abaven, but she was still family, and they loved each other. Shaye respected her Auntie enough to respect this decision. “I’m glad your back.” she said again, her voice soft as she nuzzled close to her Auntie’s coat. There would always be something comforting and familiar about Rhythm. She was a pillar to Shaye, she had been all of her life.

Shaye chuckled softly as Rhythm said she would pass it on to the old man. No doubt he would not appreciate the offer, and that was half the amusement. “you and him are both always welcome in Abaven’s borders, even just for a catch up.” Shaye ensured that Rhythm would know this. She could not have her Auntie permanently by her side, but she would do whatever she could to have her in her life.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-18-2018, 10:50 AM
Shaye expressed her gratitude, and Rhythm was happy they could move forward from her rejection. She still hated saying and doing it, if she could convince Valentine to leave his beloved home she would be there In a moment. However, her place was at his side now that she had been freed from her imprisonment. ”I’m glad to be back too, being someone’s slave were the worst years of my life.” She tried to chuckle at the heavy topic but failed at sounding natural. Instead she sighed, letting herself lean into Shaye’s soft fur. Letting herself breathe in the familiarity and love the girl provided her.

”I’ll be sure to stop by more often, but it’s a little difficult getting around with out being able to see.” Again her voice was joking despite the dark topic. Maybe she needed to think about acquiring her own little bird companion like Shaye and her blind niece Vail had.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

11-20-2018, 05:16 PM
Rhythm would bring the conversation around to her imprisonment, and Shaye’s breathing would roughen. Any reminder of what her Auntie had been through could do that to her. She clenched her jaw to keep back the growl she knew would build if she allowed it. She wanted to tear those wolves apart, to take back time so Rhythm never needed to have suffered, so that Rhyme had not, either.

“You can borrow Feather if you like, and you can always call for a guide to come for you.” she promised, knowing she and Rhyme both would happily come for her. She cleared her throat, trying to bring her thoughts away from the darkness. She knew she would do what she could to get her chance at the slavers, but until then it was better to direct her anger away from it. “There’s a couple other things I wanted to talk to you about. I’ve offered Rhyme Alphaship with me, and… Vail is getting married, her and her partner want you there to preside over it. I believe that’s going to happen soon too, silly love birds don't want to wait.”

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-20-2018, 06:01 PM
Rhythm could hear the disturbance in her niece's breathing and felt bad about disturbing her so much. Not that she really expected her humor to cover the darkness of the subject. The almost five years she had spent as a slave wore her body ragged. They had taken her eyes, forced litters upon her, and threatened her life when Rhyme disobeyed. She really hadn't expected to make it out alive. She smiled at Shaye's offer of borrowing her companion, and would shake off thoughts of the past as best she could.

Of course Shaye has more than uplifting news to tell her, Rhyme had quickly proven himself in his cousin's eyes and has joined her as alpha. Rhythm felt an incredible pride in her son, and for a moment hoped that Valentine felt the same pride. He had never been Abaven's biggest fan, but knowing his son had risen through the ranks.. He really was becoming like his father. Like he had wanted so badly as a boy. Of course not to be overshadowed, Vail was to be wed! Rhythm felt her smile widen, the only thing to make such an event the better would be if Motif were there with them. She wished she had been able to see her sister one last time... But she had already crossed. Surely her sister would be proud of her amazing daughters. "I would be honored," she smiled, feeling tears well up in her sightless gaze. "When do I need to make an appearance?"

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

11-20-2018, 06:30 PM
She could feel Rhythm getting weepy again, and Shaye gave a soft, sad laugh. It seemed the two of them were having trouble keeping their thoughts out of the past. Still, she could hear the pride in her Aunties voice. “Soon, actually, like I said the love birds have no patience. If you like, I’ll send Feather for you. The morning of, or the night before, which is easier for you?” she asked her Auntie, pressing her cold nose into the older womans coat with a sigh. “Valentine is invited too - I even won’t mind if he turns up.” she joked. She wanted to increase her relationship with the old man, he was after all Rhythm’s mate and that meant he would be a part of his life for as long as they both did live.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-24-2018, 06:09 PM

Rhythm tried to pull herself together, their reuniting had certainly caused her to dredge up many thoughts of the past. The past she longed to return to, and which always made her sad to think about the impossibility of such a thing. Shaye was quick to talk about the wedding though, and such a happy event was enough to keep her mind off of everything else. Feather would come to assist her, a courtesy she might not have needed but appreciated either way. "I’d love to come the night before and get settled." She mentioned, happy to stay the night… or two in Abaven. She even invited Valentine, though she couldn’t honestly imagine him escorting her there. She smiled at the thought. "He does owe me a date I think.." she trailed off, amused at the thought. "Maybe he will accompany me."

""