gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
10-21-2018, 06:52 PM
Malleus leaned down to snuff at the strange ground. Its faded black surface was rough like lava rock, but completely level as if a giant had brushed it flat. The outside edges were lined in white and two yellow lines, one dotted, one solid, ran down its middle. The whole thing, while easily crossed width-wise in a single bound, stretched length-wise as far as the eye could see. Malleus wasn't sure what to make of it, but found himself following it deeper into the island.

The godling had come here to explore. He was eager to expand his knowledge of Auster. Its many quirks demanded he note them. Each land he'd visited so far had some hidden gem worth discovering and Malleus was determined to find out what made the island special. Perhaps he'd find some rare plants or useful trinkets tucked away in one of the island's many dilapidated structures.

Pascal, who had leaped from his shoulders the moment they'd hit dry land, could be seen off in the distance picking around the skeletal remains of a burnt out jeep, but Malleus paid him no mind and kept walking down the road. If his companion found anything of interest he'd let him know.

Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.

Aske

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
10-22-2018, 10:09 AM

The youth of a wolf typically avoided low-visibility areas such as this. Ears alert for signs of movement and habitation in the mistborn air, she kept her pace quick and actively tried to slow her breathing.  Thick fur, unusual for the summer months, kept her somewhat shrouded in the haze of disguise with it's ashened coloration and dark grey partternations. However, this couldn't stop her from still feeling unease, worried that her long-stretched travels might have gone too far long this time around.

Unretractable claws occasionally clicked, clicked, clicked as she crossed foreign road and material despite Aske's best efforts, bringing her to stick to any sideroads or more natural grounds. Even with her usual balancing issues, she found herself pained to walk the streets, avoiding it altogether as she scanned the environment. For the time being she figured she was mostly alone out here, on the Forgotten Island.

Until, of course, she spied Pascal and the strange, metallic shell. Suddenly freezing in place, Aske stood her head up tall, ears perked as she'd approach to just within earshot. The ashened-grey figure wasn't the best of stealth-goers, but she'd at least like to think her pelt coloration had given her the advantage in the situation. Nose twitching, she doesn't yet fully register Malleus' presence in the environment, instead calling out to the unidentified figure in the jeep.

"Hello? Can you understand me?"

Aske stiffened after speaking in a slightly raised voice, prepared to sprint at a moment's notice. If this was something unfriendly- or worse, an unfriendly wolf- then she certainly didn't want to have an encounter with it. A mental note was hardly registered in the back of her mind, figuring she should generally improve her identification abilities to avoid such self-inflicted scares and scenes of tension.

actions
"speech"

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
10-22-2018, 08:53 PM
ooc: crap tag sorry D:

Malleus ducked under a door that was falling off its hinges and peered into the darkness behind it. The air was stale and stank of mildew, but he could see clothes and other things that might be of use. He moved to step inside when a hoot from Pascal stopped him.

Pascal, who had been contentedly tearing pieces of metal and rubber off the jeep when the wolf approached him, now perched atop the frame of the jeep's windshield staring down at her with wide eyes. He wasn't sure what to make of the stranger. Usually wolves ignored him and focused on Malleus. "I...can, yes. Can I help you-"

Before he could say more, Malleus was there. The godling approached the woman on her left side and he stopped once the two wolves were no more than a couple yards apart. If the woman was looking to make a meal out of his companion she was going to be disappointed. "Hello there! I didn't think we'd see another wolf here, but I guess I shouldn't be so surprised, this island certainly has its draws."

To bring his claim to the macaque to the woman's attention, Malleus briefly looked over her at Pascal and asked, "Have you found anything interesting, Pascal?" The macaque, who still clutched a piece of rubber that had once lined a car door, briefly looked down at the stripe before shaking his head.

Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.

Aske

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
10-22-2018, 10:46 PM

Aska's ears perked for a second at the unexpected response, stance loosening a bit before beginning to process a response. However, the sound of another drew the ashened wolf's attention, head snapping over to Malleus as she half-stumbled and half-sidestepped a few more pawsteps away from him. No hunger laced her eyes, betraying the fact her intentions were far from hunting. At least, in this environment anyhow; she certainly didn't know how to navigate it, nor how to see effectively beyond the ever-present mist of the isle.

Head lowered just a tad, the young loner spoke, "Hello to you, as well! I figure you two are travelling together?" Her gaze once again went to Pascal after she spoke, focusing on on the strange creature before her attention quickly snapped back to Malleus. While she was far less tense with converstation present among the group, it seems she was still prepared to run if worse comes to worse.

"Well, draws and drawbacks, I suppose! I can hardly see in this mist, and it's quite difficult to explore effectively. It'll just get some taking used to... and!" Once again, her head turned towards Pascal, turning back towards the stranger wolf as soon as she was done speaking."No! I was just curious, sorry if it distracted you!"

"The name's Aske! Who do I get the pleasure of meeting? I didn't figure I'd come across anyone friendly out here, so it's nice to meet you, certainly!"

actions
"speech"

[Image: eBLuNP8.gif]
Thread Tracker
warning - dyslexic roleplayer!
typos to be expected

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
10-28-2018, 06:25 PM
Malleus was mollified by the woman's reaction to seeing him approach. He could now see she wasn't interested in eating his companion and her brief but hasty retreat convinced him (possibly wrongly) of her meekness. He thought it a fitting reaction considering his divine heritage.

Malleus nodded in response to her first question and then chuckled when she mentioned the fog. She had a point. It blanketed the land and smothered their surroundings in varying shades of grey and white. While it made it difficult to make out what was around them, it did, at least in his mind, add a layer of intrigue to the island.

"No! I was just curious, sorry if it distracted you!" In response to this Pascal shrugged shyly and his gaze dropped once more to the piece of rubber. Malleus, sensing Pascal's shyness was getting the better of him, jumped in to save his companion. "Oh, it's alright, we're just exploring. Places like these tend to have artifacts that we can repurpose."

"And it's a pleasure to meet you, Aske. I'm Malleus and as previously mentioned, this is Pascal." Malleus cast a sideways glance in Pascal's direction to see if the young macaque had recovered, but he was still looking a bit nervous. Honestly Malleus wasn't sure what had gotten into him. Perhaps this was phase. "So what brings you to the island? Are you looking for artifacts too, by chance?"

Aske

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
10-28-2018, 07:32 PM

Unaware of any heritage or allegiance, Aske was working off of what she knew. While she was unaware of Malleus' position and personality, she was aware of older wolves' and the dangers they possessed. The ashened wolf's ears perked at the mention of artifacts, curiosity alight in her coppery orbs.

"Ah. Artifacts? What do you mean by that, perhaps?"

She straightened her stand just a bit, holding her head higher then before. Her entire posture conveyed interest; a word as illusive as artifacts tended to inspire some potential ideas, after all. "And, repurpose for what? I'm not looking for artifacts, nor was I aware that any might've been here, until now. Admittedly, the tides pulled me here, and instead of fighting them I decided I'd wait and check out the place until they'd turn."

Nodding solidly, she'd grin to the best of her ability. It appears the year-old wolf seemed to brighten up when it came to things she enjoyed. "Might I additionally ask, have you or your friend found any yet?"

actions
"speech"

[Image: eBLuNP8.gif]
Thread Tracker
warning - dyslexic roleplayer!
typos to be expected

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
11-03-2018, 09:03 PM
Malleus shrugged. "Anything of use, really. We're not looking for anything specific. Intact bowls, cups and jars can be used for storage, broken ones can be used for weapons, cloths can be made into bags, nets or bandages. Most things can be repurposed. Really, the only limit is one's creativity." If you could look at an item and see what it could be versus what it was, the sky was the limit.

Upon hearing that the tide had pulled her in, Malleus cocked his head and turned his thoughtful gaze to the distant (and currently out of sight) shore. He'd had no trouble with the waters, but didn't know if he should contribute that to his greater size or where he'd swam to shore.

In response to her final question, Malleus shook his head. "Nothing yet, we've only just arrived. You're welcome to join us if you want. We could certainly use another pair of eyes."

Ardent

Administrator

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
11-11-2018, 04:11 PM
Trick!

Malleus gets a trick!

Though it seems Malleus has gotten lucky in finding interesting company to talk to, but he can't quite keep a hold of his gemstones...  Malleus loses 16 gems!