size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
10-22-2018, 04:48 PM
Rhythm hadn’t much left the safety of old imperium lands since her return to them, and her stiff joints were testament to her recent sloth. The results would turn out to be a midnight stroll for the chocolate she wolf. Easily removing herself from her newly gifted den Rhythm was greeted by the sounds of a midsummer’s night. Crickets chirped eagerly around her as a couple of owls hooted to each other in the distance. The evening was quiet and peaceful, perfect for a long walk in the moonlight. Even if Rhythm couldn’t tell if there was moonlight or not.

She strolled over the knolls eventually finding herself within the grasp of the soulless forest. The sound of the owls grew louder, and more ominous. Instead of courting calls she could accurately decide they were bickering about their territory. She decided to keep herself away from them as best as possible lest they decide she was a target. Already her paws had carried her a far distance when she realized how tired she was. Old age really had taken its toll, her energy was quickly drained. Rhythm found a decent tree to rest under, its roots grown up out of the ground to provide a nest she found herself fitting into quite perfectly.

She curled herself in its embrace, never meaning to fall asleep but drifted away as her head rested on her paws.

She was caused to stir when she thought she heard her name being called. When she opened her eyes her sight was restored and a fog swirled up all around her.

”Rhythm,” She found herself startled by the words, but even more so by the speaker. A spectral she wolf, white as snow with pale orange brow marks and gently curving stripes beneath her white glowing eyes.

Rhythm was stunned into silence as the specter floated forward with the mist, her expression kind and inviting. The words eventually formed in her throat. ”Mother, Rhythm hadn’t seen the she wolf since before she’d left Ahlon. Rhythm knew she was at the trailing end of her lifespan, Lyric had surely long entered the void.

At Rhythm’s word the ghostly she wolf smiled in adoration, but there was a sadness lingering there as well. ”Are you ready, daughter?” She held out her paw in a welcoming gesture, eager to receive her daughter into her arms. Rhythm felt herself drawn to the spirit, where she lay was cold and dark, yet Lyric radiated warmth, comfort, the scent of home. She almost stood up, the temptation was overwhelming, but she also felt a much lighter nagging at the back of her mind, the subtle images of Rhyme, Valentine, Shaye, and many others appeared before her. They looked much less substantial than the warm woman before her. A decision loomed before her.

”No, mother. I’m still needed here.” She managed to whisper, tears falling from her eyes as the gravity of her decision fell upon her. The suffering, pain, and old scars seemed to rush at her as she declined the invitation of joy, peace, and a renewed body. Lyric looked sad, but proud at the same time.

”As you wish, but you will not be able to deny me forever…” As the words trickled from ghostly lips the she wolf seemed to dissolve into the fog. Rhythm’s heart felt heavy, but relieved in a way. The exhaustion took over again, and her head was placed back onto her paws.

Rhythm found herself awake once more, but darkness remained. Her dream was only a fading memory, but she couldn’t help but feel a disturbance in herself as she forgot the world she had visited.

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Ardent

Administrator

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
11-19-2018, 07:31 PM
Trick!

Rhythm gets a trick!

The dream world can sometimes seem as real as the waking one, and Rhythm finds the two briefly intertwined. Upon awakening the fog seems to temporarily grow thicker, swirling densely around her as though trying to grasp her in its embrace. Rhythm gets a bad event!

Orion

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Fox
11-24-2018, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2018, 12:47 AM by Orion.)

Orion liked this place, mostly. It was interesting to say the least. The fog added a bit of mystique, he'd found several weird sorts of moss and plants he hadn't seen elsewhere. Everything seemed sort of... Quiet. Or rather, quiet in a way that seemed somehow otherworldly. He explored with his tail held eye, stopping frequently to dig and sniff and detour. For all he knew he was wandering in endless circles, but that didn't sound so bad even if he was. He'd spent several hours in his exploration, letting day fade into night, before he came upon the scent of another.

He knew he ought to be finding somewhere to sleep, but his attention was captured. Too late now. The trail told him this wolf was likely a female certainly, but other than that he couldn't be certain. Well, that was definitely more interesting than moss and fog, right? Why not. It was several minutes before her scent strengthened enough for Orion to feel fairly confident that the shewolf was close, but she was such a tiny thing that he nearly missed her lying there on the ground. Her head rested on her paws, and for a brief moment Orion wondered if she was actually deceased. This seemed like a properly spooky place to die, and a cursory glance told him that she was no spring chicken. But her flank rose and fell, and the illusion shattered.

He cleared his throat, and called out. "'Scuze me. You okay?" For all he knew she was senile or addled or something. It seemed more likely than anyone her age coming here willingly and choosing to spend the night anyways. "Lost or somethin'?" If she was he could probably point her in the right direction.. Maybe. To be fair he was pretty lost himself, but the thought of this itty-bitty old lady getting out on her own seemed like even more of a task, so he might as well offer right?

"Talk" "Listen" Think

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-24-2018, 07:59 PM

Rhythm might have let herself go back to sleep, in hopes the disturbing feeling might go away. She didn’t lift her head, and kept her sightless eyes closed. She could easily stay here for the rest of the night. As she felt herself drifting again the sound of a voice came over her. Startled slightly her head picked up suddenly, her unseeing gaze trying to find the masculine voice as his scent wafted over her. There was a familiarity to it she couldn’t quite place. He sounded young, and his concern for her touched her old heart.

She smiled softly, turning her face in his general direction so he could see that she wasn’t hurt. ”No, I’m fine. I may be blind but I could find home from anywhere.” Rhythm shifted herself slightly, getting more in a position to converse instead of sleep. ”My name is Rhythm, I live in the knolls right outside the forest. If you walk..” She pointed her nose in the direction she had come from. ”That way you’ll be out of the forest.” She tried to put him back in her lost gaze. ”What is your name, young man?”

""

Orion

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Fox
11-25-2018, 01:08 AM

The older shewolf picked up her head and swiveled towards him, but her gaze didn't land quite on target. It looked to him like she was staring off over his right shoulder, and he even went to far as to check behind him to make sure he hadn't been followed by something. Nothing but shadows and fog. She said she was fine, and turned he back to her. "I may be blind but I could find home from anywhere," she claimed. His eyes widened in surprise, but he supposed she couldn't see that, huh? She carried on, introducing herself as Rhythm and claiming to live nearby. He swiveled again when she gestured towards the knolls, as if he'd be able to see it.

Admittedly, this whole situation was throwing him a bit off his game. He cleared his throat when she asked for his name. "Uh, I'm Orion. I don't really live anywhere, but I think I might've passed through there on my way here. Seems like it's... nice?" The end of his statement sounded more like a question, and he realized he was smiling nervously, trying to reassure her. But she couldn't see that, could she? Dammit. He blundered on, "You got here by yourself? That's really impressive, I doubt I could get very far at all with my eyes shut." Then again, he'd never really tried, so what did he know? His ears and nose were pretty good. Plus this wolf was practically ancient as far as he was concerned, maybe she'd been blind long enough to practice. He wasn't about to judge. "In fact, maybe you'll have to lead me out of here. This place is easy to get turned around in, just relying on my eyes at least."

Rhythm seemed nice so far, considering he'd only known her for several moments, but he felt at ease at least for now, and that was temporarily all that mattered. Orion hoped if he ever got that old he'd be able to get around as easily as she did. He took a bit of advantage of her sightlessness to quirk his head and observe the earthen shewolf thoroughly without feeling too weird about it. He wondered what had made a sweet old lady like her come to a place like this anyways, but figured it might be rude to ask.
"Talk" "Listen" Think

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-27-2018, 05:52 PM

Rhythm decided she liked the boy, and couldn’t help the amused smile that played on her lips as he spoke up. Orion, a strong name. His voice was pleasant enough and he seemed to offer decent manners. She was all too suddenly reliving the first time she met Valentine. They were in an underground labyrinth and he’d been the one to lead her out. She stifled a chuckle at the long past memory, what a little fool she’d been bumbling around in the darkness. Now the two of them were best friends. She missed the first part of his answer besides him name and didn’t end up answering his half question about the knolls. Realizing her folly Rhythm’s full attention was pulled back to his voice.

"I did." she offered, lifting herself from the tree nest. Disliking the cracks and groans of her body. "Lots of practice, unfortunately." She tried not to still be bitter about the loss of her eyesight. "If you do, I think we could manage back together." She nodded confidently, a habit she had never lost after going blind. "You’ll make things much faster, keep me from bumping the trees." She managed to offer back with a slight chuckle. The young always had the effect of making her feel younger.

""

Orion

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Fox
12-11-2018, 05:47 PM

This elder was pretty much the most interesting thing Orion had found in a good while. As far as other wolves went, anyways. He got the impression that she had led an interesting life to have the courage to still be carrying on as she was. She offered to head out of the forest together, and Orion didn't expect to get a better offer or have any easier of a time by himself, so he readily agreed. "I think we've got a good shot. I'll do my best not to slow you down," he joked, voice dancing on the edge of laughter.

It was an odd situation to be sure, but then again what had he really expected to find wandering around a creepy old forest? Monsters or killers seemed the more likely fit, but he'd found a sweet old lady instead. The way he saw it, this was the best case scenario regardless. He knew it would make a great story, especially if it turned out he was right all along, and she really was some sort of even monster just disguised as a sweet old lady. Story wise, win-win situation either way! He shook himself out of his thoughts and turned to let Rhythm lead the way. She seemed to know what she was doing.

"The roots get a bit tangled up ahead, might want to veer off. So you said you live around, right? Do you have a pack?" It didn't seem likely that an old, blind wolf could get on without at least some help, but what did he know? She'd already surprised him. The elderly shewolf certainly gave him hope for his older years, that was for sure.
"Talk" "Listen" Think

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
12-11-2018, 06:33 PM

Rhythm wasn’t scared of much anymore, she’d faced death more than once and had accepted it just as many times. She hadn’t cared much if she lived or died while a slave, but now that she was free again. Rhythm was going to try and live life to the fullest. She was amused by her present company, and shared his chuckle. He sounded taller than she was, and he could have easily outpaced her if he wanted to. "Well, just do your best to keep up." The words reminded her of raising her children in Imperium. She’d been a good mom then, raising her children slaves had broken her heart.

She shook off the memories as she shook out her coat as she stood from her root nest. She headed in the direction she had come from, proud of her ability to find the knolls no matter where she seemed to be. She did indeed walk faster than she might have if he were not beside her, and he would quickly keep up his side of the deal. Altering her to the roots Rhythm diverted slightly, remembering the trip through had caused her a bit of a misstep. He even kept up the small talk.

"I used to." She told him, unsure if she was about to go into her stint in the slaver’s camp. "Where we’re going used to be pack lands. It was called Imperium, ruled by my mate Valentine Imperialis. It’s gone now, but our son rules with his cousin in Abaven."

""

Orion

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Fox
12-11-2018, 07:17 PM

Orion chuckled quietly to himself, amused by the spirit this shewolf seemed to possess. He'd be lucky indeed to be half so vivacious, if he ever even made it to her age. Given his tendency towards reckless behavior, well... Let's just say he figured however much time he had left, he might as well use it to the fullest. She told him to try to keep up, so he would do just that.

The next thing she said, however, stopped him in his tracks. He nodded to himself, listening along until he heard the name mentioned. Imperium? Well that sounded an awful lot like-" -Imperialis. It’s gone now, but our son rules with his cousin in Abaven." Orion spluttered. "W-wait. What? Imperialis?" He bounded forward so he was standing abreast with Rhythm. Valentine? It seemed like too much a coincidence to think otherwise, and he remembered a few of the stories Angelus had told them during their time with him as pups. "That's my grandfather!" He was pretty sure, anyways. Or it was a crazy coincidence otherwise. "My full name is Orion Aeris-Imperialis. I'm actually looking for my family. Do you know Angelus, my father?" If his grandfather was nearby, it might help him pinpoint the others. Either way, this seems like a real stroke of luck.

Orion continued to walk, tail held high as he considered everything Rhythm had said. A gut feeling told him he was getting close, and excitement coursed through him. "I have siblings too, Jupiter and Aerndis, if either sounds familiar?" He hoped against hope. He would have to hunt down a meal for this older wolf in thanks, or something. Orion couldn't help but wonder if he had been led to this place for a reason.
"Talk" "Listen" Think

Santa Paws

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
NPC
12-11-2018, 08:18 PM
A Wild Santa Paws Appears!

What's that? Is it Lil Ardy dressed up as Santa? No, silly, it's Santa Paws!

Already in the Christmas spirit, Lil Ardy - err, Santa Paws, can be seen dragging a large bag of gifts behind her. As she approaches Orion, she rummages through her things and tosses a bundle of gemstones at him.

100 Gemstones have been added to your credits!

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
12-11-2018, 10:30 PM

Suddenly the boy was more animated than she had heard him be the whole time he had been in her presence. He sprinted forward, needing her total attention as they continued forward. He seemed confused at her words but she nodded, she had indeed said ‘Imperialis.’ Orion made known afterwards that Valentine was his grandfather. Rhythm knew he had little grand babies running around but she hadn’t met any of them personally before today. None of them were blood related to her, but if they came to Valentine for help she would have offered as much assistance as she could. Like she would try to do now.

"I know him, but I haven’t seen him in many years. Of course I haven’t been around much either." She mentioned as he went on to explain he had been searching for his family. "I don’t know your siblings though." She told him, being no more help than she had with his father. "I’ll take you to your grandfather, I’m sure he will be more helpful."

""

Orion

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Fox
12-16-2018, 07:01 PM

Well, Rhythm may not know his siblings specifically, but father and grandfather were definitely still good! And it sounded like Rhythm was his... step-grandma? Or something? Eh, regardless, it was all fantastic news to his ears. Rhythm offered to show him the way and Orion gleefully nodded. A second later, having thought better of his actions, he said, "Could you? That would be amazing. You're right, maybe he'll have some idea of where I should look for Jup and Aerndis." He beamed. Whatever the odds were, he thanked the gods for sending this unusual lady his way.

He fell back a pace, waiting until Rhythm was ready to resume her lead, and added on, "Thanks again. This forest is pretty thick, I'm getting more impressed by the minute." Orion knew he still had a lot to learn when it came to getting from point A to point B successfully, but he was trying to improve. It was just, given the curling paths, murk, and general creepy vibe of the place it was easy to get inside his head and end up turned around. Rhythm didn't seem to have similar qualms. He would follow her as best as he could. To think, he'd had a cluster of family here all along!

"Talk" "Listen" Think

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
12-16-2018, 08:23 PM

Rhythm would have little issue bringing the boy to Valentine like he wished, she was already enjoying his company. He reminded her of both his father and grandfather, though she daresay he was much more polite. She wondered who his mother might have been, though she had no way to know what he looked like to try and figure it out. She probably had never heard of her, but maybe the surname would be recognizable. He was a sweet boy, and she hoped she might be seeing more of him, she hadn’t properly met any of Valentine’s other grandchildren yet. "It’s not a problem, young man. I’d probably be bound for him anyway." She tried to emphasize how much he wasn’t inconveniencing her. Rhythm continued on, her tail wagging softly behind her as she enjoyed such a carefree moment.

""