gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
07-12-2014, 01:56 PM

There was a part of the man that hated to admit it if he was entirely honest but lately Dutiron had discovered that Frith joining the pack wasn't quite as bad a thing as he had initially feared. They had been shocked and concerned, but ultimately it seemed that Novella had actually introduced a rather decent young man to the pack. Of course Frith was still spending an awful lot of time with Novella, though Dutiron couldn't help but notice that his daughter actually seemed somewhat happier than she had in a while. That worried him more so than anything else, but there was little really that could be complained about, both were sticking strictly to their punishments.

The man hadn't complained once about having to help out with the hunting and had certainly done a rather good job of keeping the pack well fed. Dutiron was definitely pleased with the hard work, that much there was no denying nor would he even attempt to. To be honest he was pleasantly surprised by it, pleased to find that the other was falling so easily into coping with the duties that came with being part of a pack. It was certainly hard to stay mad at his daughter, though Frith was certainly earning forgiveness all on his own.

At some point a part of him knew that they should probably point these facts out to Frith, praise him for his hard work and help him adjust with the rest of the pack a little more and to be honest there was a plan forming in the Author's mind already. He would be in no rush to deal with all of that just yet however, and currently would be on his way back into the centre of the pack lands after a check of the borders. Once more he would be pleased and shocked by the fact that there was no sign at all of Novella's scent anywhere near them though various other members of the pack had come and gone as they pleased.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-12-2014, 03:49 PM

CODE

Dark paws would carry Frith over the pools of the spring, the steam from some of the hotter pools would rise and play in his fur. The spring would bring warmer weather, but it wasn't anything to brag about yet. Still, the prey animals were becoming abundant again and his free time would slowly increase with the lengthening of the days. As he carried the last item he'd need to catch today, a rather large catfish, he'd catch the scent of Dutiron.
He still wasn't quite sure what the man thought of him, he knew that he had not seen the most pleasant of emotions in the elder's eyes. Frith would just hope that his hard work was making a difference in his reputation. He would stand at attention and wait to see the alpha appear before he went off. This particular fish had been scheduled to visit the alpha pair anyhow, maybe he'd be able to deliver the item personally today.

"Speech"

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
07-12-2014, 04:33 PM

As if on cue, Frith would also find himself arriving in the Hot Springs it seemed. It was certainly looking like this talk might well happen sooner than Dutiron had previously planned not that it was a particularly bad time to bring up the subject anway. In fact, there was really no time like the present he supposed and perhaps if Frith agreed his little plan could be put into motion swiftly as well.

He would divert his course now, changing his direction slightly to head towards the younger man. "Good afternoon Frith." He would greet the other once they were close enough to speak comfortably and would eventually come to a stop before him. "How are you coping in Ludicael now?" It certainly seemed he was doing alright from Dutiron's point of view though he'd seek the boy's opinion anyway.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-12-2014, 04:45 PM

Brilliant fire and ice gaze would watch as Dutiron made his way over to where he stood, dark tail would wag slightly as he lowered his head in respect and greeting. The long dark catfish still hanging in his jaws. Dutiron would greet him verbally, quickly following up with a question about his stay. His dark features would lower the fish to the earth, freeing his jaws to speak with the man. "I'm well sir, thank you. It's been nice to keep my paws busy." He was quite thankful that he didn't have much time to sit and think on the loss of his only family, he could focus on providing for his new one.

"Speech"

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
07-12-2014, 04:56 PM

To be honest this was a nice opportunity to actually speak properly with Frith as well, Dutiron hadn't really had the chance to speak to him alone before and Novella had often done a lot of the speaking for him in the past it seemed. He was polite he decided, either that or had quickly learnt to mind his manners and show respect to those of a higher ranking than he. Given that a lot of his time was spent with Novella though, Dutiron had an inkling that it was perhaps the former as Novella it seemed certainly favoured viewing he and Novel as parents rather than leaders.

"It certainly seems you have been rather busy." He would agree with the man and perhaps for the first time his expression would soften slightly, not quite a smile though it was far from the sterner, disappointed expression that had been on his face during their first meeting. "More importantly though, you've been doing a good job." He would pause there and watch to see what reaction the compliment would get.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-12-2014, 05:33 PM

Frith was normally a rather quiet creature, he didn't really speak out of turn or speak much at all really. He found it rather easy to talk with Novella, which was rather nice. He found a friendship within her that he felt he was scared of loosing, she was the closest wolf to him now. She was special. He would be brought from his thoughts however, needing to speak with the alpha as he answer shortly. "It certainly seems you have been rather busy." bright eyes would watch as Dutiron's expression would soften a bit, the most gentle he'd seen since meeting him. The alpha would agree with him, but his next words were what would stun Frith for a moment, "More importantly though, you've been doing a good job." He could feel the corns of his mouth turn up slightly, he would appreciate the kind words but he wouldn't let them get to his head. "Thank you, sir. It's been an honor to serve the pack."

"Speech"

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
07-12-2014, 05:50 PM

It seemed that the guess of politeness had been the correct one. There was a slight expression of joyful shock upon Frith's face and he would respond rather gratefully of the comment. The humble attitude was nice to see and a smile would have quite easily crossed Dutiron's features did he not keep his expression in check. It would remain somewhat formal for now he decided, though the boy was certainly on the right track to being forgiven now.

"Do you think you could possibly help out some more?" Dutiron would question, now getting to the main point of wishing to speak with Frith. "Not a punishment this time might I add, you can say no if you truly wish." His tone was slightly lighter now. He hoped that Frith wouldn't deny the request though with the pressure from the punishment and joining the pack in the first place.

"We have some younger members in the pack who I'd like to give an experience of a pack hunt for the first time, only I need some more help with it." Of course this would also be Frith's first pack hunt he presumed given that Ludicael was his first pack. "Am I right in assuming that this will be your first group hunt as well? Please don't let that stop you, it should be a rather low pressure environment to help you as well." Some of the children likely wouldn't notice too much if Frith had a lack of experience after all, he could learn to adjust with them rather than try live up to the experience that older wolves in the pack already had gained.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-13-2014, 03:42 PM

CODE

Other than his words the older alpha would not allow any emotions to give Frith clues as to what he might be thinking. His expression was still rather stern, though 100% nothing compared to what he'd looked like a few weeks ago. What he wouldn't really expect were the words that came after, he needed more help? "Not a punishment this time might I add, you can say no if you truly wish." Frith was quite curious now though, his ears perked up as he listened intently, "We have some younger members in the pack who I'd like to give an experience of a pack hunt for the first time, only I need some more help with it." Frith had never experienced a pack hunt either, but no one would notice if he took the pointers from the more experienced members... right? "Am I right in assuming that this will be your first group hunt as well? Please don't let that stop you, it should be a rather low pressure environment to help you as well." However Dutiron already knew exactly what was going on, and he would not be able to hide his inexperience. "Sir, I'd be happy to help as much as I can." He'd say confidently, but he knew that he shouldn't lead the man to false hopes, "But I'm sure I wont be much more help than the pups." His voice light hearted as he confessed his skill level.

"Speech"

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
07-13-2014, 04:53 PM

Frith would accept the challenge as well as confirm Dutiron's thoughts that the boy wasn't too experienced when it came to doing group hunts. He would smile softly now at the humble reply and try fill the other with a little more confidence and reassurance. "Well you've been doing a fine job on your own, I'm sure you'll cope well." Dutiron stated. "You should have a little more faith in yourself, they're less experienced in hunting in general you really don't have much to compete with. And even simply turning up and helping to keep an eye on them and getting them involved will be good enough help for now." Some of his grandchildren were a little reluctant to spend time with others, they would hopefully grow out of it though. It would be a good experience for all of them and Frith included he was sure.