An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
10-29-2018, 06:20 AM
She was running for her life. And for all intents and purposes, the stampeding herd of bison threatening to trample her under their panic believed they were running for their lives from something, too. She just had no idea what had set the hulking, wooly-humped beasts off.

The thunder of hooves was unbelievable, and she was certain the ground was shaking beneath her paws as she raced like a shimmering, maned and long-hair tailed white arrow ahead of the herd, gradated blue eyes flicking almost desperately for a way out of this unexpected mess.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, and triple shit infinity!

There! She swerved as a knoll came into view at the right angle that veering toward it wouldn’t lose her ground and get her trampled. There’d been a few before, but they’d all been too far.

The young woman leapt up the knoll and ducked behind a tree, half certain she’d be trampled in the next breath. But no hooves struck her, and while the thundering, grunting rumbling horde made the ground shake, the knoll seemed to have parted the rampaging river of beasts.

One eye opened carefully as the rumble faded. Not that she could see much through her mane, tossed unceremoniously into her face in the action of saving herself.

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-17-2018, 12:03 PM
Rhythm felt herself growing accustom to the leisure of retirement. She still felt the tug of depression at her almost daily, but she was making it through as well as was expected. She had been surprised to feel the ground thundering beneath her, the bison didn’t often stampede. She was quite safe as she lounged on the boulder that covered her den, but even as they giant creatures drew more near she felt herself become nervous. Rhythm could not see them, but with the trembling of the earth she could tell they were swerving away from where she lay.

She hadn’t expected the sound of wolf feet as the bison turned away. Perking her chocolate ears she looked in the general direction of the stranger. Her scent told her she was an alpha, but nothing else of the female was any kind of similar. She must have been the source of the stampede, but she didn’t smell blood. ”Are you alright?” Rhythm asked from her perch, curious if the errant hooves might have crushed a tail or a paw.

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

11-17-2018, 12:53 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

Through the veil of strands, a chocolate form came into fuzzy, unfocused view. A gentle, concerned voice asked if she was alright. Aurielle blew out a breath and a slightly queasy laugh as she straightened from her tight curl, tossing her head to clear the mane from her face and studied the woman. She’d never met a blind wolf before, but there was something in the way the elderly, beautiful wolf didn’t focus on her so much with her eyes as with her ears that told her the lady was indeed without sight.

Another breath blew free, the last exhalation expelling the adrenalin from her system as she nodded, reassuring her concerned new acquaintance with an easy, if shaky response, lilted both from her mixed accent and the long upper canines she bore.

“I’m alright, Lady. I’m not certain what spooked them, but they missed trampling me, thanks to this knoll. Not certain I’ve had this much excitement since the tiger…” The way she said ‘Lady’ carried a note of respect, rather than the nonchalant ‘coolness’ of a young wolf snarking off to an older female. She stretched to her paws and shook out her coat before settling back to her haunches and looking the way the herd had stampeded off to before looking back to the woman with a smile.

“I’m Aurielle Adravendi, by the way. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Lady…” Her voice trailed off with a slight lilt of query to her tone as her head cocked in an unseen gesture to match the curiosity in her voice.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-17-2018, 03:51 PM
Of course Rhythm couldn’t see the she wolf in front of her nod in reaction to her question, her foggy gaze blank as her chocolate ears followed the woman. She did hear the exhausted breath that left her lips, and there didn’t seem to be any pain in it so likely she had escaped any harm. Polite words followed, affirming she was indeed female though the accent was one she wasn’t familiar with. Tiger? That must have held an interesting story in itself. Rhythm didn’t ask however as the woman continued. She introduced herself as an Adravendi, and Rhythm was sure she had met a couple few wolves with the surname but time had made her mind foggy and she couldn’t recall them clearly.

She felt herself smile at the respectful title, though she’d never thought herself a lady especially in her time as a slave. ”Rhythm Destruction, pleased to make your acquaintance. Also I’m glad you are unharmed, these eyes don’t work as well anymore and healing you would have been quite the chore.” She relaxed slightly, making no move to lift her old bones off her boulder. ”Your scent makes me believe you’re a rather high ranking pack wolf, what bring you here to the knolls today. Besides a death wish.” She chuckled in reference to the close call with the buffalo.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

11-18-2018, 08:47 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

Aurielle smiled as Rhythm introduced herself as a Destruction. From all accounts, the Destructions were a family much like the Adravendis – both blood and her own, adopted branch descended from Erani – honorable and caring for their family and others, and Rhythm was no exception.

The older woman’s observation brought a grin that was practically audible in the breath she took to answer as she confirmed, “I’m the Archangel of Celestial, a pack in the west. As for why I’m here, I was taking a short break, and exploring the world a bit more. I was bequeathed the pack by my father Regulus during my first year, so I haven’t had many chances to explore the world beyond our border walls. It was necessary, however.”

Some of the cheer faded from her voice as she finished her explanation, and a faint sigh slipped free before she shook her head and studied the surrounding lands. “These used to be ruled by Imperium, yes?”

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-18-2018, 09:54 AM
Rhythm was relieved with the good natured sound of Aurielle’s voice, glad to hear she wasn’t offended by her joking. She really wouldn’t have taken any mind in helping the archangel out, especially if she had been seriously injured. The woman continued, recalling what she found herself doing in the knolls Rhythm called her home. Recently appointed the alpha of their pack by Regulus. Did she remember that name? She vaguely recalled the huge form of a young bright red wolf and tried to decide if she was thinking of the same wolf. ”Knowing the world around you is a good trait for any alpha.” Rhtthm commented softly as the Adravendi sighed softly and brought up Imperium.

Rhythm grew a bit quiet, she’s gathered that her and Rhyme’s abduction had been the catalyst that had caused Imperium’s downfall. She joined her saddened sigh with Aurielle’s, ”Yes, ruled by my mate Valentine.” The change in her own voice was more obvious than she intended. She wondered if she should admit to being such a cause, but decided to remain silent.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

11-23-2018, 09:16 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

Aurielle smiled at Rhythm’s comment, nodding with a soft, ‘Mhm’ as she rose to her paws and shifted a bit closer, though at a respectful distance. Her head cocked at the sadness that rode on the older woman’s sigh as she gave her answer.

The name Valentine rang a bell. She never met the male, personally, but Regulus had told her about his encounter as a young male. And Imperium had been a pack that Regulus would have worried over if Valentine had ever shown any inclinations toward attacking the western pack. But a plague had swept in, and around that time, Imperium had fallen.

The theory Regulus had carried was that the king had taken of the illness. It was plausible and an easy assumption—wolves had been getting sick. It hadn’t touched their family, luckily. Aurielle had no clue what thoughts ran through Rhythm’s mind, of course. Had she known what the woman and her son had gone through, she’d have been staggered to learn of such a similar story to her mother and brother’s own ordeal, though Solveiga had been deeply lucky in comparison.

Still, she couldn’t help but note the sadness, and her own nature pressed her to ask, “Are you alright?”

Rhythm held a natural… charisma. A likable aura that made her seem ultimately trustworthy and a wolf whom, could be trusted with deep secrets and vulnerabilities. Perhaps it was part of being a healer—Paladin was the same way. You could tell him anything and he’d go to the grave with the secret unless telling it would save the teller’s life. Come to think of it, a healer of Rhythm’s age could probably keep the male occupied for hours with educational chatting about herbs.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-24-2018, 05:46 PM
ooc- your posts are always so lovely and long, I always feel bad about following them up with such short posts <3

Rhythm tried not to let her emotions appear, but she was a bit unsuccessful. Aurielle was quick to pick up on her dampened mood and Rhythm tried to hide the emotions with a smile. She was old, and had been through many trials and tribulations in her life. Dealing with difficult emotions were a part of life. ”I am fine, I appreciate your concern.” She said in her most grateful voice, she honestly appreciated the stranger’s concern. ”Imperium was a great pack, strong and when I… left seemed indestructible.” She tried to keep the smile on her face. ”It just saddens me to speak of its demise.” She managed to skirt the topic mostly, though if she were to speak to anyone about the topic she supposed Aurielle was a good candidate. She doubted that their acquaintanceship would continue past this encounter. She wouldn’t say anything that might be able to be used against her later on.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

11-25-2018, 02:06 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

The young woman listened as Rhythm opened up slightly, ears perking at the hesitation. There was something there in that hesitation. After the return of her mother and brother, she was well familiar with the attempt to put on a brighter face. Even before then, after they’d been taken. Her father had put forth her stronger, easy natured mask, but it hadn’t been hard to tell that he ached inside.

It was much the same, now, but even worse. Aurielle’s eyes dropped to the ground at her paws, lips pulling into a tight grimace, rather glad the older wolf wouldn’t see the expression. Finally, she answered, “My father tells me stories, passed down from my great grandmother Erani, about the days of Valhalla. It was among the most powerful under Cairo’s leadership, back in the old lands. His daughter Chrysanthe was as good and just a leader as he was. The pack saw war, peace… But eventually it fell to a member of Isardis Armada’s pack, challenging for it. My great grandmother took over and lifted it again from the ashes and brought everyone back together that she could. I hope to help my own pack rise to such strengths again, and to build alliances and relations with other packs. It’s… sometimes hard, though, to see the path through everything, lately.”

She trailed off into a soft sigh. She had many hopes for the future of her pack and her people. And she was terrified that she very well might fail in bringing her pack back into that very strength its ancestors had seen under leaders of the past.

“I spent most of my pup-hood after maybe half a year without my mother or twin. Now they’re home, but I feel like I can’t help them get out of the shell they’ve retreated into from their ordeal. And if I can’t help them heal, how am I ever going to help my people and my pack rise to what they can truly be?”

And in her voice, there was that utter terror and loss. For the most part, her path was clear as far as planning the new changes and ranks and new customs. But there were obstacles that snuck up at every other step that tripped her up.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-27-2018, 07:06 PM
The Adravendi seemed as melancholy as Rhythm felt, talking about days gone by. She couldn’t help but to think the story somewhat similar to Rhyme. He and Shaye were rebuilding Abaven to its earlier glories. She hoped they succeeded, as any mother would for her son. He was the breath of fresh air in her life. Knowing he and Shaye, her beloved niece, were ruling what was once her brothers. Imperium was gone, but part of it lived on through Rhyme. Rhythm wouldn’t let herself get too caught up in thinking of her son, and listened intently on the woman’s helpless words.

Rhythm hoped this was a brief lapse in confidence. Alphas were the leaders of their families their armies, they couldn’t show weakness to the outside world because there were too many eager to take advantage of them. ”You can never let yourself be overcome by uncertainty,” She offered quietly, hoping the woman recognized her words as helpful advise instead of criticism. ”Be the strong pillar for your pack, and they will imitate you. Then you’ll have nothing to be afraid of.” Except for bands of slavers, but even then eventually everything works out. Rhythm wished desperately she could go back, but she was old and didn’t have a pack to take care of. ”They’ll come around if they’re strong enough.” Just like some survived diseases and others didn’t. Some bounced back… some did not.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

12-02-2018, 08:14 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

Aurielle’s head tipped toward Rhythm as the woman gently advised her, and a soft hum of agreement answered the older woman. “True. That’s the same as Da often said while he was training me. It got harder when my mother and twin were taken, though. He never let the mask falter for the pack if he could help it, and often not even for me, but when you grow up with someone, you know when they’re forcing a smile. I think he was relieved to get away when we received word of where to find them.”

She blew out a sigh and smiled at the woman, though she knew she couldn’t see it—the smile lightened her voice enough to indicate the expression, though as she said, “I’ve been blessed, greatly so, by having my cousin at my side as my second. She’s a good wolf, wise and dedicated.”

Her eyes strayed from the woman, toward the Range, and she wondered, briefly, how her uncle was doing. She’d only met the male once, and the poor man had been repeatedly dumbfounded and side-blinded by all that had happened in the time since he’d last ventured their way. From learning that his eldest sibling had sired a litter, to the raid… She shook her head at the thought with a faint chuckle. Perhaps she ought to go to see him and learn a bit more about the male.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
12-08-2018, 12:59 PM
Aurielle did not argue with Rhythm’s words, but added that even her father had mentioned much the same. Even through the hard times he had put on a strong face. The woman seemed to have good influences to look up to. Surely Celestial would flourish under her leadership if she continued to take those words to heart. Rhythm found herself with a content grin playing on her features as the subject changed from Imperium. She mentioned how her cousin was her second, reminding Rhythm of her son and Shaye’s positions.

”My son, Rhyme and his cousin rule over Abaven,” she decided to mention. ”It seems like such a dynamic is rather successful.” She shifted her form on the rock again, feeling the arthritis in her hips start to bother her a little. She hadn’t moved enough today.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

01-11-2019, 01:47 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

A bright grin fell upon Aurielle’s features as Rhythm spoke next, and she said, “I’ve met Shaye already. We reaffirmed the alliance between my pack and Abaven. It sounds like her healer and my own will have a lot to talk about. Paladin should be thrilled. He’s trained since he was a young pup with the Nomads until he came home, so he has a great, great deal of knowledge stuffed in his head, and he enjoys sharing what he knows. I’m afraid I didn’t get a chance to meet your son, though…”

A pause, and then her curiosity flourished and escaped as she asked, “Your family seems to have a lot of themed names. Rhythm, Rhyme… Da said that Abaven’s original leader was named Bass. But where does Shaye’s name come from? If you don’t mind my curiosity, that is. I seem to recall a story about a Song Destruction, too. My great grandmother helped her with a hard birth back when they were both leaders, I think…”

There was a clear note of interest and a distinct sense of a love for learning in the young woman’s voice, then she paused as she saw Rhythm shifting. The movement was reminiscent to how her own father had begun to move. Having to hop the majority of his hind end’s weight on one back leg had started to take a toll, and Paladin had said one night that Regulus was likely developing arthritis from the strain. Often movement helped, slow exercises to stretch and limber the good leg, as well as herbal treatments.

“Would you like to walk?”

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-12-2019, 01:15 PM
Rhythm perked her chocolate ears as Aurielle mentioned that she had already met with her niece and the two packs were working towards a working alliance. She listened as the alpha described the trade of knowledge between the two packs, it seemed Shaye was being proactive. Though Aurielle hadn’t had a chance to meet Rhyme she had noticed the trend of their family’s names. As long as she could remember her family had themed names. Her mother Lyric, all of her siblings names. Her aunts and uncles.

”I feel like its always been a tradition. Of course there are those that don’t care as much for it, like my sister Motif. Neither of her daughters share in the tradition, but Shaye’s named after her father Shai. Song was my aunt, though I didn’t know her very well.” She offered up some family history, enjoying the reminiscing. It seemed the younger woman was observant as she asked if Rhythm might rather take a walk.

”I would.” She answer as she groaned while descending the boulder. Getting old was rough, she didn’t want to anymore. ”Just not towards the buffalo.” She added with a chuckle as she shook out her coat.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

02-28-2019, 11:11 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

The young leader listened wit rapt interest as Rhythm described a bit of her family culture in regards to naming, nodding to herself, since Rhythm wouldn’t see the gesture. Her head cocked slightly and she said, thoughtfully, “It seems the Destructions aren’t the only family with themes to their naming. The Ancoras do much the same. We have two such wolves in Celestial.”

And the poor wolves had experienced a hell of a lot in their lives, from the murder of their father to the death of their mother.

She chuckled softly as Rhythm rose and joked about the buffalo. As the old healer began walking, Aurielle moved to keep an easy pace beside her, not attempting to guide her, as she had little doubt the woman knew this place perfectly and likely needed no guidance like some invalid.

For a time, she was silent, letting Rhythm choose the next subject of conversation.